American Crime Season 3

Sunday Ratings: American Crime Returns to Series Lows

Our long numerical nightmare is over.

Following an extended delay caused by a weekend power outage at one of its data centers, Nielsen is starting to release the TV ratings for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night.TVLine will be posting each day’s batch separately as they trickle in — and frankly, for my own sanity I likely won’t bother with many sitcoms or stationary shows — so grab a pint of Zakarian Ale and sit back….

ABC |  Once Upon a Time (3.06 million total viewers/0.9 demo rating) added a handful of eyeballs while clutching onto its series-low demo. Time After Time (2.3 mil/0.6) ticked down from its already-soft premiere whille American Crime opened Season 3 with series lows of 2.7 mil/0.5, down sharply from its sophomore finale (3.7 mil/0.9); TVLine readers gave the opener an average grade of “A-.”

CBS | NCIS: LA (9.2 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths. Madam Secretary (8.1 mil/0.8) and Elementary (4.6 mil/0.6) each added viewers while holding onto their demo lows.

FOX | Making History (1.8 mil/0.7) slipped 18 and 22 percent in Week 2.

NBC | Leading out of the night-topping Little Big Shots (down 15 percent to 10.1 mil/1.7), Chicago Justice (6.4 mil/1.2) slipped 11 and 14 percent week-to-week, scoring its lowest rating to date. Shades of Blue (4.8 mil/0.9) dipped 10 percent from its opener.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Antwon303 says:

I am not surprised to read this about the American crime premiere. I was bored. Here’s hoping things pick up.

2. Bruno says:

Of course American Crime would suffer from this horrible lead-in but I didn’t think it would open the season with a 0.5 already. Disappointing, I like it so much :(

3. spdavid says:

This show irritates me,it’s hard to keep up with all the plot points and add on storylines.It’s been overacted and overwritten in the past.

We’ll see if I stay with it all the way through.

4. JCPrime1 says:

Anyone else not able to find American Crime On Demand for their cable service? This is the first show I’ve seen not put On Demand.

5. GuessWhat says:

what a way to ruin a great show, ABC Network
    move it to Sunday @ 10
    and allow 2 competitors to get a 1-week jump start on your potential audience (FX’s FEUD, NBC’s SHADES OF BLUE)
    morons!

6. Mark says:

With those stats and with contracts up like the final two episodes state for Once upon a time – It is the Final battle and gone carnt see it being renewed now. Same with NCIS LA even though its down as a sure thing….

7. kmw says:

Well the wait is over but not much good there. Poor American Crime, too good for those numbers but Time after Time not good either. ABC really having troubles with new dramas this season. No surprise about Shades of Blue. it wasn’t doing really well on Thursday what did NBC think it would do on Sunday. I guess the only bright spot is OUAT which didn’t lose any more than it did

8. AMerican crime pulled from schedule?!?? If you want to be a liberal activist show why don’t you go to MSNBC

9. Penny says:

I did not realize how much I come to TVLine for ratings until they just disappeared. After some investigative google work, I did in fact find out Nielsen FUBAR’d it and not because Matt just stopped doing it! So thank you Matt, I do love reading the ratings everyday!

10. herman1959 says:

F-i-n-a-l-l-y! But, I ‘m really waiting for the Tuesday numbers.

• herman1959 says:

I have to add that last year I was really into Shades of Blue, but now I’m just not interested. I’m not sure why, but the air has gone out of the balloon for me.

11. Joey says:

It doesn’t help American Crime that the screen blacks out any time a curse word is uttered. Its much more pleasant watching the show on Netflix without having to worry about that.

• James says:

I watch the first two seasons on Netflix, and yeah, its so much better… Maybe it has a Big audience on Netflix and ABC wont have to cancell it?

• ScottJ says:

The only black screen in the first episode wasn’t even for a curse word. It sucked…

12. Jenny says:

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy when I couldn’t find the ratings for this week!

13. Sharon, UK says:

I’m really hoping that the end isn’t in sight for Elementary. It’s one of the few programmes me and the hubby watch together and enjoy (we’re in the UK). We even prefer it to *gasp* Sherlock!

14. Boiler says:

Maybe ABC can pick up Elementary since I am guessing gone at CBS. Too bad, great show and actors

15. sunshine says:

Chicago Justice has bad lawyers, the first case the guy was innocent and last week the assistant gal was involved with the victim. Just bad writing. Get the writers back from Law and Order and develop some realistic satisfying legal work.