Wish List

Gilmore Girls: I'm Having Second Thoughts About a Second Revival and OMG What Is Wrong With Me

TV-MAI can’t believe I’m about to type these words: I don’t think I want Gilmore Girls to return.

This weekend’s news that Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos has begun “very preliminary” talks with (presumably) Warner Bros. for a second revival that would (presumably) pick up where last fall’s A Year in the Life miniseries left off initially filled me with excitement. As you know, I lapped up Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino’s four-part continuation like a blue whale coming off a 30-day fast. And, yes, it left me wanting more.

But it also left me wholly and completely satisfied. And as I tossed and turned in my sleep last night fixating on the prospect of Gilmore Girls: Another Year in the Life, I came to an unsettling, counterintuitive conclusion: I want the franchise to end on a high note and the way Amy always intended, with those cliffhanger-y final four words. Just because something left you wanting more doesn’t mean you need more. As Amy herself told me last December, “The old adage is you always want to leave them wanting more. You don’t really want someone to walk away from something you worked so hard on going, ‘Alright. I can move on.'”

It’s not that I don’t think there’s more story to tell with Lorelai, Emily and (certainly) pregnant Rory. And it’s not that I’m doubtful Amy and Dan could deliver the goods again. But a Year in the Life left me with such gratitude and fulfillment that I’d prefer not to risk anything mucking that up.

Now, having said all of this, let me be clear: If Netflix were able to convince Amy, Dan, Lauren and Alexis to travel back to Stars Hollow (and that’s a big if), you better believe I’d trade in my ambivalence for an open mind and approach the project with optimism and hope. I’d also cover the hell out of it, with special hubs and countdown-themed promotions and a standalone news story for every human or animal that signs on. I may even beg them allow them to put me in it again. An if lightning strikes again, I’ll be hitting publish on my rave review the second the review embargo lifts. And if it’s anything less than stellar? I will break the bad news to you, gently. I will then point everyone back to this story before catching an Ooober to Why Can’t I Have Nice Things All the Time Land.

1. CJ Dawn says:

I feel exactly the same way. The end of the revival felt complete – they had come full circle. As much as I love the Gilmores, I don’t really need to see what comes next. I’m content. However, if they give me more I will definitely watch.

• devero says:

I feel the same way as you and Mr. Ausiello. I loved “A Year In The Life,” as did my mother who I watched the original series with. I don’t really get why people hated it. To me the characters rang completely true. Then again, I tend to binge through the entire series every year from Labor Day to Veteran’s Day so maybe I remember the characters more clearly. Rory was never a saint and as someone her age, living in New York, with a career that is going well but not really going anywhere, I can absolutely relate to her floundering for a year. Lorelai always had commitment issues. I don’t know why anyone expected that to change. In fact, I feel like Richard’s death really forced all three Gilmore Girls to re-examine their lives. Rory needed to examine her life choices – again, which have never been that great – Lorelai needed to re-examine her relationship with Luke and either fully commit or not, and Emily needed to decide what she wanted the last chapter of her life, without her husband, was going to look like. It all really did feel like a satisfying conclusion to an amazing series. Of course I’d love to know what Rory decided to do about her pregnancy, and how Lorelai’s Annex is coming along, but these are not necessary stories to be told. “A Year In The Life” really was a special finale that closed a beloved series brilliantly. If there is more, obviously I’ll watch it. However, more is not really necessary at this point.

2. Betto Mendes says:

Yeah, I’m in the same boat. Will be happy either way.

3. Sara says:

I think that while I had some issues with the revival, it was wonderful to see all these characters again and check in on them. And the great thing was that EVERYONE came back! But I don’t think that if we had a 2nd revival, that half these people would come back. Milo is super busy with his show. Melissa McCarthy wouldn’t come back. Would you bother squeezing Dean into an episode after his wrap up?

It was a nice button on it. I don’t think we need any more.

• LaDonna says:

At this point, I almost feel like anything more would have more of a spin-off feel. No need for Dean…we know he’s happily married with a family of his own and has left Stars Hollow. Suki has bigger things she’s off doing, and if I’m honest, as happy as I was to see her, I didn’t miss her that much. Jesse/Milo…I’m pretty ambivalent on him. If they could make the filming work with his This is Us schedule, I could see him doing limited appearances (depending on where they’re going with Jack on This is Us.). If Lauren, Alexis and Kelly agreed, they could write a compelling story around any of the characters who wanted to come back and maybe introduce some newcomers to the Hollow. I think the only supporting characters who would be vital to the story would be Logan (presumably the baby’s father), Michel (they’re opening the annex to the Dragon Fly), and Luke (of course). The rest could be worked in or out as they’re available, or even written out if they didn’t want to do it.

• ravynrobyn says:

Ar first I thought, YUK, NOOOOOOOOO! But I love where you’re coming from! I soooo want to see L&L TOGETHER, just yukking it up like old times. Emily can do any darn thing she wants, I’ll be there. Rory…not so much. My big wish is that Logan’s character would be, if not redeemed, than back to S7 Logan before he stormed off after Rory denied his proposal. I really like your thinking that if any of the actors who are supporting characters were available, write for them, if not til later, then include them then. Don’t force story lines.

Yes, more Kurt (Kirt?) please, with Luke and with ooooooooober.

4. southernsoapopera says:

Agree.

5. Nicriver says:

I honestly want more and I can look past last four words aspect. I just kinda want them to remedy the Luke/Lorelai relationship woes (even after 9 years together) …I love that they got married but I feel they had a lot of problems still…. as for pregnant Rory, not really on my roster of things to care about. I honestly, and it’s sad to say this since she’s the main staple in “Gilmore GIRLS”, just don’t care what happens with her. I stopped caring about her during season 5 when Logan came around. Their toxic thing needs to play out off screen or nah.
    Aside from those two things, seeing all the cast together, if at all possible, makes it worth it as well, because that is dedication.

6. Lois says:

I would agree, but I wasn’t completely satisfied by the revival. I thought there were some pretty major flaws with it. Too much time spent on things that didn’t move the plot along (that dreaded musical sequence), and destroying a character that I loved so much during the first few seasons of the original show (Hey adulterous selfish Rory, how you doing?).

If it were to return I want it purely to see Rory grow into the woman I know she can be. Because her story is the only one that’s truly unfinished.

Also I only want it back if Milo wants to come back because the lack of Jess was pretty painful in the revival considering he’s one of the most interesting characters and I felt like I hardly knew what his life was like at all in the revival.

• tricia S says:

You summed up my thoughts exactly (except for the part about Milo). They also just showed everyone, just to show them.

• Melissa says:

I want more but am afraid because they lost the original flow and charm of the show in the revival and I was disappointed. Too many favorite characters were just thrown in like a goodbye in a series finale and I missed them. That whole crazy town is part of what makes us want to visit stars hallow.

• Rory WAS a selfish character though. Aside from her dressing up as a Pilgrim in season 1, what did she or Lorelei ever do for anyone else, just to be nice? Her break up she blamed on Dean. She, to me, came across as petulant and entitled in a big way. Her father issues made her inability to keep a relationship as an adult seem plausible.

What I didn’t like about the revival is the weak plot device of having her life have to mirror Lorelei’s. Pregnant and alone? Also, Paris owning a surrogacy clinic, of all the jobs?

• Mss Ingram says:

She watched Paris’s kids for her on the revival. On the original series when Paris wanted to be apart of a secret society at school Rory helped her get in. So she’s not always completely selfish she’s human. I feel like some people have such a narrow minded or limited view of this character just because she’s done things they don’t like. My real problem with Rory is that she seemed to lack a conscience or a moral compass on the revival which i didn’t think seemed like the character at all. . .But then again she did sleep with Dean when he was married & tried to justify it just because she missed him & wanted him back. So maybe she didn’t have that good of a moral compass to begin with. I don’t know 😒

• I agree. The lack of Jess was so disappointing to me. If theres no Jess, i won’t bother. I don’t care so much about him being with Rory (he deserves better than her anyway) but I don’t think we know much more about his life in the past nine years than we did before the revival. I want more Lane and Paris – so many questions and loose ends. But if I never see the likes of Logan and the LDB again, I will die happy. So much time was wasted on them!
      I have no interest in seeing Rory with a baby! I don’t think she has any business having a child, she can barely take care of herself!

• Mss Ingram says:

I’m sure she’ll figure out how to raise a child she’s 32 & has a degree from Yale. . i’ve seen people in worst situations then hers do it.

• Shru says:

The lack of Jess was so dissappointing! He truly is one of the show’s most interesting characters and is definitely a scene stealer! Along with Paris ofcourse. Paris didn’t get that much screentime either and that was really annoying especially because Smarmy huntzberger was given wayyyy too much screentime.

7. Billy Bob Johnson says:

I think you need a couple of aspirin and a good, long rest after typing “I don’t think I want Gilmore Girls to return.” I think you might be delirious.

8. Lola says:

No, no, no, you got it wrong, Ausiello. Another season could be great, if done right (and we know AS-P WILL do it right). Hear me out one sec. What if it shows Rory as a young mom, striking out on her own and shows us her challenges, raising a baby, getting her career going, and maybe finding love (#teamjess). Of course Lorelei would be available for moral support and even Emily, but Rory, being Rory won’t want hand outs and she’ll want to do it herself. So all this will show us what it was like for Lorelei (ooooh and they could even flash back to how Lorelei handled similar situations).
    One of my most burning thought surrounding GG is, how did Lorelei do it? How did she get from 16 year old uneducated runaway to 32 year old, good job, great kid. If we get another season (or dare I say series), then we can get a feel for the trials she went through. Just my thoughts.

9. Tv lover says:

I feel like this is a very intelligent opinion. However my heart always wants more Gilmore girls. I’d watch Rory visit Lorelei at the Nursing home. (Palladino-ed of course)

10. spindae2 says:

I mostly agree with you Michael. But 1 thing I need to know. Who is the baby daddy? That is the only thing I’ve missed from the revival.

• Lois says:

We know who the baby daddy is. There’s no question about it. It’s Logan’s.

• ravynrobyn says:

That’s why I think AS-P was full of CRAP (sorry, Michael!!) about wanting to end it just the way she wanted to and she didn’t need/want to do any more GG. She had to leave this BIG question, oh my goodness, WHO IS THE FATHER? It’s Logan, of course, but of course AS-P’s Rory had relations with a freaking wookie. Oh, the suspense!

That all being said, yes I will watch, for reasons that I listed above, Plus Michel, of course!

11. april-ann says:

I hope not. A Year in the Life was awful. The worst thing I’ve ever seen. I just won’t watch it, unless there’s some way that travesty could just have been a dream (a nightmare), or just forgotten altogether as if it never happened, and the new instalment stands alone from it, brand new, definitely not picking up where it left off.

• Brandi says:

Ugg, thank you. I was so disappointed. I know many were, and many weren’t. But it fell flat to me. The dumb musical sequence and the Life and Death Brigade. Rory’s life, what a mess she was. That was the biggest let down of all, that she hadn’t grown as a person at all. Falling back on old tricks of cheating and thinking she was better than she was.
      I did love Luke and Loreali finally getting married and Emily completely changing after Richards death, ’cause who wouldn’t?
      Most of it was just not good.

12. Can we have a spinoff with Emily’s new life as a tour guide and her new extended family instead? I’d watch the hell out of that.

13. Chris says:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to erase all of the “Luke’s Diner” icons from my ipad google maps. I have tried going to settings and getting rid of it to no avail.

14. Jill says:

I’m envious of the fact that you feel completely satisfied by the revival because I hated it. Sure, there were some great parts but as a whole I was left disappointed and sad. I don’t want more only because I can’t handle the let down again!

• Rylie says:

I feel exactly the same as you. I don’t want more of the let down.

• april-ann says:

I hated it too. I agree with you except when you said there were some great parts.

• CSB says:

I don’t know that I would go with hate, but I definitely disliked many parts of it. But, because of that, I want more. I want them to actually show Rory as an adult, not a lost 23 year old (I know she was 32 in the revival, but she was written as if the decade that past had not occurred)

• Sheila says:

I was so disappointed with how Rory turned out, I wouldn’t want to see her story now. Pregnant, unemployed, surely battling with Logan’s family about the baby. How would that be fun to watch?

15. Tony says:

I’ve watched the series sporadically with my wife on Netflix and caught most of the revival. It was different. But that makes sense considering all the time that had past from the original series finale. But it was enjoyable in comparison and had some really wonderful moments.

With that being said, I rather have more content now than the possibility of something happening later on to completely make it impossible to do. At the very least, it would be more content you can either choose to ignore (if its bad) or enjoy (if its good). But at least its there and your not left with huge “What ifs” later on. Now, I guess one can argue “A Year in the Life” serves that purpose. But with that cliffhanger, I would love to see what happens next. But then again, I don’t have the same attachment to the franchise as some others do. So I get the hesitation.

16. CC says:

I was very dissatisfied with Rory’s development and the cliffhanger. For those reasons alone, I would be open to an additional revival. Otherwise, I would agree with your position.

17. Courtney says:

I want closure. I was so super disappointed with the 4 final words and lack of closure for Rory and her career and now she’s pregnant….I need things to end better for her. I didn’t want to want new episodes, but I’m just not happy with the revival’s ending :(

• ravynrobyn says:

• Melissa says:

Totally agree, just her lack of progress in life was disappointing, but I guess perhaps sometimes. She was always so driven and now at a dead end!! I would have felt a lot better if they would have just not had Rory becoming pregnant in her predicament! I would have been fine with that. I actually like Logan how people can say he’s not interesting is beyond me! I loved when he came back and they all went out he’s a good guy who is pretty open with his feelings, I like Jess but he’s just a lot of guess work not someone I’d want to be with ‘does he love me doesn’t he’ way too much drama!

18. patricia marone says:

OMG you said it all! thats how I feel about new episodes, don’t think I need it, but if they come I’ll definetly accept it.

19. Dannie C says:

I know the feeling I’m so 50/50. We got to go home to Stars Hollow which was great the whole experience your countdown,interviews & just talking about Gilmore. Something we could only dream of until it came true. Why risk more but there’s also the part of me wanting to see the dynamic of Rory being mum & Luke & Lorelai becoming grandparents & of course matriarch Emily becoming a great.

20. Kate says:

The revival took the most insufferable parts of Rory’s character from the original series and somehow made her even more selfish and delusional. The fact that she’s a 32 year old woman with a Yale degree and a trust fund and yet she still acts like a flighty teenager doesn’t make me inclined towards sympathy with regards to her pregnancy. She became so entitled in the revival that it actually almost ruined the entire series for me. I understand ASP had her final four words planned but they didn’t work ten years later.

• april-ann says:

It almost ruined the entire series for me, too. Where GG had been my go-to on Netflix, after watching A Year in the Life, I tried for months to re-watch my favorite eps but found I couldn’t. It’s been very recently I’ve started watching again and I still feel apprehension. Wish it never happened.

• Mss Ingram says:

Better ten years later than when she was 21 or 22 fresh out of college.

21. Kim says:

I’m with you Michael. I think it should end with those final four words.
    Plus, I will only be satisfied when Rory gets back together with Jess and they live happily ever after which might not happen with the success he is having on This Is Us.

22. Jane says:

It’s okay. It WAS a great non-end ending. I can live with it either way, but I wouldn’t want it to be ‘less’.

So, I get it.

23. Pedro says:

I’m having second thoughts for different reasons. They just seemed hell-bent on erasing and season 7 and getting vindication. Character arcs and growth were ignored…

But, maybe, now that they have had their vendetta, they can move forward with new storylines. Maybe being a grandmother will give Lorelai new perspective on her mother, for instance.

24. Luis Roman says:

You can go back to the well too many times. The ending seemed to provide a bit of closure while leaving the door open. The audience will show up if they present another chapter (or 4,) but we will be greatly disappointed if it fails to meet expectations.

25. Marco Piazzo says:

I have a different feeling about that; I don’t want them to do another one because the first was bad enough. It ruined all the characters in some way, and Rory in every way, and it soured things so much I’d be happy to forget it even existed.

• ravynrobyn says:

Seriously curious, how was Luke, Michel and Kurt’s characters rulned in any way?
      Thanks!

• Marco Piazzo says:

Kirk was just a long joke that stopped being funny 20 min. in a 90 min. ep, Luke has gone from grumpy to nasty and Michel is a damned opportunist, who threatens to leave unless Lorelai gives him something.

• ravynrobyn says:

Hmmmmm…gives me a lot to think about! I agree, Kirk can get tedious at times, but most of the time his deadpan delivery totally cracks me up. Luke, well, he can get beyond grumpy but maybe because he’s my favorite character, I give him a pass. I thought the worst thing they did to Luke’s character was to ‘dumb him down’ in the 2nd or 3rd season; instead of witty repartee between L&L, he ‘forgot’ how to use his words and stomped around like a caveman instead. Very disappointing. As for Michel, he’s worked with Lorelai for such a long time, it seemed he could have left much earlier and gone on to much bigger and better things if he hadn’t been so loyal. I felt like with Michel getting married and adopting a child, he wanted to grown in his career also.

Just my thoughts! Nice chatting with you.

26. TaMara says:

“let me be clear: If Netflix were able to convince Amy, Dan, Lauren and Alexis to travel back to Stars Hollow (and that’s a big if), you better believe I’d trade in my ambivalence for an open mind and approach the project with optimism and hope. I’d also cover the hell out of it”

My thoughts exactly.

27. Eran says:

Personally, I’m just done. Not, “what have they done to Rory?!” torch-wielding villagers done, but just, happily tapped out. I enjoyed the revival. Wasn’t blown away by it. Far from hated it. I just genuinely enjoyed it and felt closure when those last four words were finally spoken so for me, that’s sort of that, really. Would much rather the see the cast in new, meaty roles.

28. remizak says:

I’d love to see another revival, BUT it would be much more interesting if it came in five, ten or even fifteen years.

Have semi-slow reveals of what each of our peeps is up to. Is Rory’s daughter (it’s got to be a daughter) following in her footsteps and enrolled in Chilton? Is Rory with Jess or someone else? Is she still running the paper, teaching at Chilton, being a published author? How are Lorelai and Luke as grandparents, not to mention Emily as a great-grandmother?

If you don’t have a decent amount of time pass between the revivals, you don’t get to address the things that I think most people are most curious about with the Gilmore Girls’ futures.

29. Loretta Santarelli says:

Don’t like the new Gilmore girls either unless your gonna finally end with jess and RoRy don’t bother btw I love this is us with milo so don’t take him from the other show

30. MLD says:

I think it could work well if instead of showcasing everyone, they focus on specific storylines. Obviously you would need to have Lorelei, Rory and Emily have major plot lines and it would be great to be introduced to Michel’s husband. And Paris is such a great character that you’d want her to have even more airtime than in YITL. Lane got short shifted in the revival so give her a real plotline or else don’t feature her. April and Christopher don’t need to be in it at all. The townspeople can appear as needed around the goings-on. I did like the 6 hours we just got but it was too much of a parade of characters.

• Dannie C says:

Yeah now we are up to date with the girls. let’s have other storylines separate & intertwined with the 3 girls.

31. JamieB says:

Two things – I hated how the revival ended. (And would have hated it even more if that happened to new college graduate Rory.) The full circle thing is crap. Rory would have learned from Lorelei and her mistakes. That was part of what we loved about Lorelei. But to have Logan parallel Christopher – no, just no. TBH, I am team Logan so maybe that clouds things, but I think he is deep down a stand up guy who would be there for his child. But my second point is the revival ending, as much as I disliked it, does leave room for a lot more story. Personally, not liking that ending, I would welcome the chance to see more, just so that is not the end.

• I never liked Logan. I just don’t see what there is to like. The truth is – he’s always been Rory’s Christopher to me. Rory didn’t need to get pregnant to prove it. But my biggest problem with Logan though is that he has proved time and time again that he’s spineless and I just don’t see him ending his engagement and leaving his career in London with all his family depending on him. While I do think he’d want to know his child, much like everything else, it would be on his terms – just like it always was with Christopher. I feel like, despite the pregnancy, Rory and Logan closed the book on their relationship. It took ten years, but I think they finally realised they don’t want the same things in life. (Much like Lorelai and Christopher.) They certainly weren’t fighting/ making sacrifices to be together in the revival. It felt more like they were just killing time.

32. Bailey says:

I seem to be the odd one out, but I really enjoyed the revival. I am definitely hoping for additional episodes as I feel there are many more stories to be told.

33. Katie says:

I thought the revival was a huge downer so I am very sad about the idea of more bad Gilmore Girls.

34. Amanda says:

So I think of the revival as the long awaited proper send off. When GG ended ASP and DP had left the show and the show wasn’t sure it was coming back so the series finale wasn’t a proper send off for that show. Plus avid fans had known about the final 4 words and that they weren’t used forever so The Year in the Life was a way to properly end the beloved series. However if they were to do a revival I think it could focus on Rory’s life as the focal point instead of Lorelai’s which could open up the revival to going in a different direction for a lot of it like the location, does she still live in Stars Hallow or just visit? She was writing in Richards study in the year in the life so could she possibly live in the big house since Emily has moved out and make her life in Hartford? Or could she find another place to go with her daughter and just visit Lorelai thus not needing the wonderful supporting cast to play such a prominent role? Just a thought from a person who would like to see more of Rory’s story and know who the father of her baby is, also does she have a boy or a girl. If a boy that would be a whole different dynamic.

• TARA INGRAM says:

I was thinking the same thing about the new show that it could focus on mostly Rory & her friends (Lane & Paris) life and have Emily in Lorelai be supporting cast that show up once in a while because i feel like their storylines are finished but R ory’s storyline is just beginning.

35. jj. says:

I’m of the same mind michael. On the one hand I love these characters and I’d still be interested in gilmore girls – the geriatric years: a year in the nursing home. On the other if this the ending that amy had always envisioned does the show really need to continue? While those last 4 words were unsatisfying to me as a viewer, if this is where the story was always ‘supposed’ to end than in a weird way it feels like there is closure to the series

36. T.W.S.S. says:

“And as I tossed and turned in my sleep last night fixating on the prospect of Gilmore Girls: Another Year in the Life.”

MA, it’s not that serious.

37. lena says:

it didn’t end on a high note but i want it to stay at an end, regardless

38. B says:

I have mixed feelings about the revival. I’m okay with the ending because it was so open-ended. I’m not sure I want to close the openness of how it ended. I’d rather just have my own head canon for that.

39. ljd213 says:

“Alright. I can move on.” That sums it up for me, I’m done with those 5 words and the show’s final 4.

40. A fan of TV says:

On the flip side, if the show doesn’t go literally as far as it possibly can out of its way to fix how Rory was presented in the revival, they will have tarnished the series all on their own. It was perhaps a mistake to end a series the way they intended with a 22yo Rory, with a Rory who was 32 instead. The arguments that fans made against YitL (and Rory) would probably have been a lot less legitimate when she was still just out of college…
    I think too much could run it all, too, but I think they do need to give Rory a clue – one more season might be all they need to get that done.

• skyebright8 says:

Agree I can maybe see a 22 year old just out of university screwing up job interviews and sleeping with an ex boyfriend who is engaged, but at 32 you should hopefully have enough live experience to not be making those mistakes

41. Mara says:

I would love to see Lorelai as a grandmother! And, how they deal with Rory’s pregnancy in general. I would love more!!

42. Pedro says:

Love that Lorelai and Whory will be back. Don’t get me wrong. For drama purposes, I love it! Whory is my favourite. Even in the original, she’s was always with one guy already eyeing another. It’s one thing to have a sexual life with casual encounters. It’s another to cheat, lie, sleep with married or engaged men. Salacious scandal makes for great drama.

43. Katie says:

I mean, I’ll watch it because if you put Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop on my screen in anything, I will watch. But I’m satisfied with where their storylines ended in AYITL and I don’t give one single crap about Rory’s storyline and have zero interest in watching that.

44. Paul says:

Gilmore must return!

45. Shru says:

The revival wasn’t satisfying. It was terrible. Save for Emily, Paris and Jess.

46. militantgod says:

The whole “coming full circle” is a bunch of crap anyways. It’s such a cliche. It completely fails what was originally planned because Rory isn’t a young women anymore, wher eit could screw up her life plans. She’s done that on her own already. The revival was not nearly as “great” as Ausiello led everyone believe but it wasn’t nearly as bad as others say it was. They made a big deal out of Jess and he was in, what, three or four scenes? Rory was horrible in the entire thing, and that whole plot with her going out with some rando for over a year, never saw him and nobody knew his name, was so hilariously awful, as was the musical. It was nice seeing the gang back together and they made Stars Hollow look incredible (they went so over budget that they had to shoot the entire wedding sequence not as it was originally scripted, although it probably worked out better in the end). I want them to come back because it couldn’t be as mediocre as this was one. Right?

47. Christine Christy says:

Ending ruined gilmore girls forever i can t wach old shows because they turned rory into the most selfish spoiled brat . Rory was always the nicest why did lorilea make all those sacrifices so rory could turn out like the new show pretraded her plus money troubles what a joke she had greatgrandmother money grandfather money father money mother and luk money i am so so so sad

48. Elizabeth says:

I definitely respect the pov you have, and as much as I know that it’s not a bad thing to “leave ’em wanting more” I didn’t like how it ended. The whole revival was so heavy and to me, rory’s story line was so unsettling. I’ve read SO many pieces about the revival, thoughts on Lorelei, thoughts on Rory, thoughts on Lorelei and Rory, thouhgts on Rory and Jess vs Rory and Logan…. I just want to see Rory happy. I know it’s more interesting to wonder and speculate. But I have to say Inliked the ending of the original series way more than the ending of the revival. Just one girls opinion.

49. Sheldon W. says:

What you said!

50. Christine Christy says:

Ruined the show with terrible ending rory they turned her into selfish spoiled rich yes rich non adult lorilea would feel ashamed of so sad so sad so sad