Timless Ratings Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: Timeless Closes Freshman Season With 3-Week Highs

NBC’s Timeless clocked out on Monday night with 3.37 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating (per finals), rising 10 percent and two tenths to hit three-week highs and equal its best demo number since Dec. 12.

TVLine readers gave the finale an average grade of “A-,” while the on-the-bubble freshman drama is enjoying the best “KEEP” results (95 percent) of our several Keep or Cut polls thus far.

Opening NBC’s night, the American Ninja Warrior special did 5.3 mil and a 1.4, compared to Celeb Apprentice‘s average of 4 mil/1.1.

Elsewhere….

FOX | 24: Legacy (4.4 mil/1.0) and APB (3.8 mil/0.8) each slipped 15 percent and two tenths.

THE CW | Supergirl (2.24 mil/0.7) dipped 10 percent and a tenth, while Jane the Virgin (1.1 mil/0.4) was steady.

ABC | The Bachelor (7.9 mil/2.5) ticked up, while bubble drama Quantico (2.5 mil/0.6) was flat.

CBS | Scorpion (7.2 mil/1.2) and Broke Girls (5.8 mil/1.2) were steady, everyone else ticked down.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin says:

Last night’s season finale of Timeless was totally awesome and the shocking twist at the end blew me away and I was like OH…MY…GOD!! #RenewTimeless

2. GuessWhat says:

I watched the full season. I am ok with renewal or not. It’s just ok. Those #s are pretty weak.

3. Jennifer says:

Please tell me this is a good sign for Timeless?!?!?!?

4. Wrstlgirl says:

I’m loving 24:Legacy. I’m a huge Jack Bauer fan but it’s kind of nice to see a different cast with the same energy as the original.

5. Asia says:

I was hoping for a 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 but compared to the ratings from the last two episodes I’ll take it. NBC renew this show. I haven’t seen anything on your lineup that is as fun and exciting as this show is. Seriously, who asked for a Taken tv show?

6. Daisy says:

24 is good and solidly lives up to the original. APB on the other hand is sadly losing my interest. I want to like it but it’s like Pure Genius for cops but without the charm. Disappointing.

7. Jo says:

I think NBC made a mistake not putting timeless on at a more family friendly time. Some of the stories would go along with or be extensions to the history kids are learning about in school. I don’t think it would be good for young elementary kids because it did have violence which can be scary for them.

• ninergrl6 says:

I’ve been saying this from the beginning! Timeless should be on at 8 or 9 pm. I realize that it’s increasingly rare for families to watch tv together, let alone live TV other than sports, in this age of streaming and binge-watching and hundreds of viewing options, but Timeless seems like a great show for multi- generational viewing.

• Sarah says:

We watch it with our kids on Hulu, which is great because we can watch whenever we want. It’s a little hard to follow for my eight year old and trying to explain some of the things can be difficult to do. I have, however, actually made my 11 year old stay to watch and while we are watching, I get out my tablet so he can see actual pictures of the real people/events being portrayed. Learning about history has never been this fun!

8. Billy meacham says:

I don’t mind if NBC renews timeless for another 16 episode season at least it’s better than having a 22 episode season with filler episodes

9. justsomeguy says:

Hmm.. 24 is quickly approaching the danger zone, and APB too. It sucks, because both shows are good but they need to stabilize fast, and maybe show some growth. Very happy Timeless improved last night.. but I still wonder if it’s enough to get a Season 2. I keep hoping that networks will stop caring about Nielsen ratings but.. I don’t think it’s happening any time soon.

• A says:

Timeless has been getting a pretty decent bump thanks to L+3 ratings and streaming from NBC and Hulu. So I hope they take that into consideration. I read in an article yesterday that they’re not losing money on the show so why not keep it?

10. Joey Padron says:

Glad Timeless got good ratings for season finale. Hope the DVR numbers will add more to the ratings. Really hope NBC will renew the show!

11. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Timeless had a perfect ending to Season 1. Wrap up the season’s storyline and then leave everyone hanging for Season 2. #RenewTimeless

• Andrew Todaro says:

I agree! I have gotten drawn into the plot and it would be a shame to leave it on a cliffhanger. I want to see if the team will finally defeat Flynn, destroy Rittenhouse, or if Lucy will ever get her sister back. Please renew.

12. kmw says:

Nice that Timeless went up but still not sure if it will come back. Yikes at FOX. Already below Gotham and Lucifer’s numbers. No matter how its viewed later the way they promoted 24 this has to be a big disappointment to them.

13. chuckiechk says:

Other than an awesome performance by Peter Gadiot as Mr. Mxyzptlk and the continued awesomeness of Chris Wood as Mon-El, i thought last night’s episode of Supergirl was weak.

• ninergrl6 says:

Really? I loved it!

• chuckiechk says:

I didn’t hate it, I just think it wasn’t a strong episode. again Gadiot was freaking amazing, best live version of Mxyzptlk ever (previous Mxyzptlk actors include Michael J. Pollard on Superboy, Howie Mandel on Lois & Clark, and the way off not even close Trent Ford on Smallville)

• herman1959 says:

Hmmm, I agree that it wasn’t good, but for different reasons. I just couldn’t take any more Mon-El, I turned it off half-way through the episode ( a first for me).

14. Susannah says:

That’s encouraging, I hope, for a Timeless renewal! I really love the show and would love to see where they would take the show in a second season with Lucy being so closely tied to Rittenhouse now.

15. I hope that will be enough to save it. It’s really enjoyable!

16. M Rice says:

Awesome show! Needs to be renewed!

17. Emily says:

I’m a diehard 24 fan, but so far I’m enjoying APB more than 24 Legacy.