Supergirl's Chris Wood Previews Mon-El vs. Mr. Mxyzptlk: 'He Hates That This Guy Wants Kara to Marry Him'

It sounds like Monday’s Supergirl (The CW, 8/7c) will more than make up for this week’s interrupted moment between Kara and Mon-El.

Notorious DC prankster Mr. Mxyzptlk turns National City upside down and inside out as he wreaks magic havoc in an attempt to woo the Girl of Steel. Of course, there’s one small development he isn’t taking into consideration: Kara’s already been wooed!

“Mon-El hates this guy,” Chris Wood tells TVLine of the tongue-twisting baddie (played by Once Upon a Time in Wonderland‘s Peter Gadiot). “He hates that he’s ruined this moment where they’re finally going to connect, and he hates even more that this guy wants Kara to marry him and is trying to manipulate the situation into making her almost feel like he has no choice.”

As seen in the ridiculously fun — and just plain ridiculous — promo for the episode, titled “Mr. & Mrs. Mxyzptlk,” Mon-El eventually comes to blows with the magical menace. And there’s a lot more than just anger going into those punches.

“When he ends up fighting Mr. Mxyzptlk, he definitely has all of [those feelings for Kara] fueling his blows,” Wood says. “Every punch is filled with ‘Don’t touch her! She’s mine!'”

Hit PLAY on the promo above, then drop a comment with your hopes for the outrageous episode below.

1. A says:

This episode looks so fun! Can’t wait to watch it

• Superwoman says:

Absolutely love ‘supercorp’ fans’ misery over Mon El/Kara…made even sweeter by the fact that Lena/Kara will never happen. The LGBT quota for SG is already filled folks! Such a double standard tho, had it been Lena fighting so hard to be with Kara, everyone would be swooning…but oh no! we cannot have another hetero rship on our feminist show…”It’s forced, it’s gross, it’s sexist, it’s …..”

• I don’t ship supercorp but you’re a right prick. Go ahead and be happy that there is an lgbt ‘quota’ at all you miserable windbag.

• amy says:

I agree that supercorp fans are being d*cks about mon el/karamel, and that they’re being very transparent with their double standards, but there is no need to be like that about LGBT couples.
        Why must their be a quota? Is one couple where half of the ship gets about 1 minute screen time every ep too much for straight people to handle? Might their brains explode because something isn’t directly for them?

• FormerSupergirlFan says:

um, it is forced and it is sexist. why don’t you just go watch arrow if all you care about is white boy man pain? clearly you don’t care about Kara, or her agency, or even halfway decent storytelling. I can think of 10 good m/f romances off the top of my head that are cuter, more compelling, and better written than mon el/kara.

• Olivia says:

I’m going to assume you’re under 16 in order to forgive your ignorance, bigotry and very obvious butthurt that gay people can ship whoever the hell they want without your approbation… and quotas. If you’re older than that, change your screen name and go hide yourself in shame. I’m not even a Lena/Kara shipper myself (although I would enjoy it a LOT!) but I might start posting as such if it makes people like you blow a fuse. I haven’t annoyed homophobes in a while.

• delow 24 says:

Such is the country we live in now. The LGBTQ123 crowd has to be over represented in almost every show even though they represent >3% of the population. It reminds me of the old South Park episodes where Token was added to the cast at times. I guess we have move on to the token LBT123 in shows. Guess it makes them feel like it is mainstream or something.

• Mara says:

You are 100 percent correct. Bottom line…if they don’t like kara/mon-el then they don’t have to watch. The writers will not listen to such obvious hatred. They know they struck gold with Chris/Melissa. They will continue on Supergirl for a long time to come. Mark my words. !!

• V says:

To be fair, some of us that hate Mon-El for Kara do so because he’s boring as sh*t, not because we think Supercorp is ever going to be a thing.

• Mara says:

Mon-El is anything but boring! Why do you think the writers love him and give him a lot of screen time. They love Chris wood. He has charisma and is a great actor! Supercorp will never happen so either stop complaining or don’t watch. Some of you sound like 5 year olds who aren’t getting sprinkles on your ice cream!!

2. Mon el can go to hell WE JUST WANT SUPERCORP !!!

• LK says:

Supercorp??

• amy says:

not everyone mate. just chill out and relax. supercorp aint gonna happen so it would be better for your health if you stress less about it. just because its not canon doesn’t mean you can’t ship it just as hard. but also doesn’t mean you have to drag down other characters and ships. it’s people that like you that are making this fandom unbearable. just stick to what you like and don’t be an a**hole to people who like something else. it’s really not that difficult.

• Ashley says:

Speak for yourself, I love Kara & Mon-El together. I think they have great chemistry and I’m loving season 2 in general so far. Chris is a great actor too.

• danversstan says:

oh sweetheart. do yourself a favor and watch Lucifer, or Castle, or Fringe, Bones, NCIS, you know a show where the couples have *actual* chemistry? and are better written? chris isn’t a bad comedic actor, but come on. he’s about as charismatic was watching paint dry.

• Tai says:

Why are you people so condescending? Like why can’t express their opinions without someone coming along and being a jerk about it? And for the record I have watched NCIS and I’ve no idea what couple you could possibly be talking about because none of them have any more chemistry than Kara and Mon-El. See how opinions work?

• skyebright8 says:

Agree I’ve only seen Lucifer but tv relationships aren’t all that different, I think Kara and mon-el have fine chemistry, more than she and guardian did

• Mara says:

Really Chris Wood is not charismatic. Really. Well you must really be out of the loop. Chris wood happens to be very charismatic. He is charming, funny, serious. Oh and did I happen to mention extremely good looking. You must be jealous of him if you can actually make a statement like that and believe any Normal person would take you seriously!! Please!!

• Tai says:

We do? Who’s this we? Cuz I’m all in for Mon-El and Kara. It’s cute. I like the idea of Lena and Kara together as friends. There are not enough healthy girl friendships on tv. I like the idea of them staying friends.

I do wish people would stop saying we as if they speak for the entire fandom. You want Supercorp. Just as I want Kara and Mon-El. See how that works?

• Kevin says:

We?? what the hell is this We stuff speak for yourself instead. Most love Mon-El its a reason there are many Karamel vids on youtube with many clicks and Karamel trended monday as well. So just piss off with your hypocritical hate. To hate a character for wanting another lesbian couple on an ordinary family superhero show is the new low. Go hang your head in shame manhater

• Mara says:

And move over yourself because mon-el and kara/mom-el have enough fans out there to keep them around for a long time. And then some. Oh and did I mention the writers and producers who love them together and love there “obvious” chemistry?? Oh wait, I forgot you don’t think that matters!

• Mara says:

Your not getting supercorp so stop wining and complaining. Don’t watch. Mon-el and kara are here to stay. Chris and Melissa are here to stay. Either accept it or move on. STOP ALL THIS CHILDISH WINING!!

3. Diz says:

“Don’t touch her, she’s mine!”???! That’s gross. That’s not romantic or passionate, that’s disturbing.

• Diz says:

Following up with my comment, I’m extremely disappointed with supergirl this season. Mostly kara’s “storyline”.

• LK says:

I doubt he actually says it like that.. but most guys wouldn’t want another guy hitting on their girl…. it’s the same for girls in the other direction.

• Diz says:

“Every punch is filled with ‘Don’t touch her! She’s mine!’” – Literally the actor said his character is fighting this guy because Kara is his. Kara is not his, Kara will never be his even when they start dating.

• Stacey says:

That line makes me cringe as well. Almost as bad as the season 1, “why because she’s a girl” lines. I like Mon-El and Kara, but he needs his own SL and he needs to interact with characters other than Kara.

• skyebright8 says:

Agree hopefully the prince storyline gets a move on and we see Mon-el interact with the rest of team, he’s just the love interest right now and that doesn’t work for either gender

• Mara says:

Really says who you?? I’m sorry but kara is his and there’s nothing you can say or do to change that!!! Move on and out!!

• annetheoutlaw says:

I can’t wait until mon-el gets sent into the phantom zone and leaves the show. And if you think that’s not happening, just look at Kevin smiths comments. Enjoy it while you can.

• Ashley says:

It’s not as if he’s actually going to say that, chill.

• Diz says:

“Every punch is filled with ‘Don’t touch her! She’s mine!’” Mon-El doesn’t need to say it, the actor just confirmed that is his intention. He’s not protecting her, he’s not fighting for her honor, he is fighting because he believes Kara belongs to him.

• Olivia says:

I was going to say the same thing.

• Ar says:

I’m pretty sure that’s the exact reaction my husband would have if someone was creepily pursuing me. I don’t think he means it literally, it sounds like a pretty human reaction.

• Diz says:

Kara and Mon-El are not together yet. Kara will never be Mon-El’s even when they are dating. He does not and will not ever own her. This behavior is “immature” at best and frightening at worst.

• skyebright8 says:

Immature hopefully, they have portrayed mon-el as immature and a bit like a teenage boy

• Ar says:

But he clearly did not mean that literally. People in relationships use that kind of language all the time. “Be mine” “we belong to each other” etc. It doesn’t mean you actually think your own them. He’s just describing the normal human emotion called jealousy. Nothing more.

• Mara says:

Thank you for being sensible. Bottom line is these mon-el haters have an agenda. They are looking for reasons to not like him because he is a threat to there ship. And they can wine and squeak all they want to but we will have our kara/mon-el for a long time!! There’s no point in arguing with them. I always say you can’t argue a point when someone is talking nonsense!

• Diz says:

They are not in a relationship. Also, jealousy to the point of violence is terrifying.

• Katherine215 says:

Oh, please. That’s a common “phrase” in romance novels and even real life. You wouldn’t be complaining if it was Lena saying that about Kara (and Mon-El doesn’t even actually *say* it).

• Mara says:

Says you!! What a dum comment. I guess your an expert on romance!!! Go away!!

• Mara says:

I’m a woman and a man standing up for a woman is not only romantic but shows he really loves her and wants to protect her. When you love someone you want to protect them. That’s a natural reaction! I’m married and I know my husband would do the same. Not because he is controlling but Because he cares.

4. Phun says:

Looks like a funny episode. A jealous Mon-El. :)

• Mara says:

It does look funny and that’s what I love about kara/mon-el. Not only do they have Romantic chemistry but they humor and that is important in any show. Some of these comments come from people that are so wrapped up in needing to not like mon-el for some personal agenda that they can’t even see past it! Of they would just lighten up they would realize how much good Chris wood adds to the show!

5. cogrady53 says:

Has Supergirl done an out and out comedy yet? This one looks like it could be fun.

Mon-El is a bore! I’d rather see Kara be Super than all soppy with him. I’m guessing with the news Sorbo and Hatcher are from Daxam we have LOTS of Mon-El to come. Surely we all KNOW he’s the prince don’t we???? *groan*

More Lena please :D

• amy says:

I bet you wouldn’t mind if she was all “soppy” with lena though right?

its so funny to me that all these lena fans complain about every little thing mon el does, yet if it was lena doing the exact same things you guys would be cheering. saying that mon el has taken over kara’s storyline, when 95% of supercorp shippers only care about lena, and how kara will make lena feel and like?? isn’t that exactly what you’re saying mon el is doing to kara’s storyline?

• LK says:

Shippers have ruined too many good shows, let it not happen here too.

• Ashley says:

Huh? The writers came up with the Mon-El/kara ship, not shippers, clearly, as he wasn’t on the show during Season 1. I think they’re really fun together and I hope Chris stays on the show.

• LK says:

The writers created a love interest for her… not a “ship”… thats a term created by internet trolls where they constantly argue over who belongs with whom.. let the storylines play out. I don’t have a problem with their relationship, but don’t get too attached to it as Mon-El is a bit of a tragic figure in the comics.

• Kevin says:

tragic figure ?? another lie and this show does not follow the comics and even if they do the phantom zone storyline we will still follow him in the comic he is freed from that place and becomes stronger than ever. Chris is a SERIES regular!!!

• LK says:

He doesn’t get freed from the phantom zone until the 30th century when he joins the Legion. He is a series regular this season but that doesn’t mean he will return next year.. in fact I rather doubt that he will.

• Mara says:

Exactly. Great comment and true!!

• Cate says:

I love Kara being Supergirl, I love her being the hero who DOESNT brood and scowl. I like her bonds with Alex, Cat, Winn, J’onn and no, I don’t hate Mon-El. I liked when they bantered and teased. What I DON’T care for is the way they have handled Kara’s romances on the show. The pining after James then dropping him so fast was not handled well. Now this drawn out thing with Mon-El. I just think for a show called Supergirl, we have spent far too much time on him this year.

• LK says:

Well it would be good for her to get some action.. and she does have more chemistry with him than she did with Jimmy last season… We know that it probably wont last past this season anyway as Mon-El shouldn’t be around for too long if they are sticking losely to what his comic book history is.

• Mara says:

Love mon-el and your right we will see more mon-el so ship out!!!

6. “he hates even more that this guy wants Kara to marry him and is trying to manipulate the situation into making her almost feel like he has no choice.” he says unaware that he wouldn’t have a job right now if that wasn’t the guiding principle/philosophy of Karamel and S2 in general.

7. Mary says:

No Mon-El. She’s not “yours.”
    ——————–
    To me it seems more like – well you’re cute, know what it’s like to lose your world and everyone you know, have a lot of the same powers and are finally trying to act like a hero, and you don’t have a problem with my sister being gay, so okay I’ll date you, than Kara really being interested in Mon-El. She doesn’t really seem to want to date anybody, which is fine. Better actually than pushing a one-sided relationship on Kara.

8. Rich Vaughn says:

The episode looks like it will have comedic elements. Can’t wait for it.

9. lisa says:

looks like fun! Love Mon-El! Love Mon-El and Kara together, they have a fun chemistry!

• Danny123 says:

Your one of few who do. This was my favorite of the arrowverse till Mon el showed up. Now its the worst. Arrow is even better than this season.

• Superwoman says:

Well I can’t stand Felicity & friends…so I stopped watching it…you could simply stop watching SG

• Ashley says:

‘the few’ that’s your wishful thinking. There’s lots of Kara/Mon-El shippers, including me. Sorry dude.

• Amber says:

There are more of us who like Mon El then you think. I think they make a great couple. I like Lena as a friend for Kara.

• Ar says:

Agreed. I just can’t understand where the Mon el hate comes from. I think they’re adorable and charming together. The show is part superhero action part rom com, and 100% diverting fun. Just roll with it guys.

• Stacey says:

I think people are upset because he’s taking over the show. He’s in a lot of scenes and almost all of those scenes are with Kara. If they dial back his screen time a bit, give him a solid SL, and show him interacting more with the whole cast, I think more people would warm up to him. I do like him, and I like the lightheartedness he brings to his scenes with Kara.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Count me in as part of that few because I enjoy seeing Kara and Mon-El together.

• Kevin says:

another lie from a hypocrite would a ship have so many vids on youtube and their kiss video has 1 million clicks as well. NO! Their latest scene is already over 200.000 clicks. take your patheric hate eslewhere. I bet you are a supercorp that hates men who are love interest. Bottomline Most love Mon-El and his addition to the show and cant wait to see him in his superhero suit

• Mara says:

This is great Kevin!! And so so true!!! Chris will be here for a long time! These people have wishful thinking and are blinded by there prejudices and hatred! They will see and there’s nothing they can do about it!! Chris wood is great!!!

• Mara says:

No she’s not one of the few. She’s one of the many!! Trust me there’s a lot of Karamel fans. Go look in you tube!!

10. Jen says:

Looks like a funny episode! Good casting of Mr. Mxyzptlk. The entire supergirl cast is awesome, great at both comedy and drama! Thanks for this scoop from Chris! he’s such a fun addition to the show.

11. Katy says:

I thought this was supposed to be the Alex/Maggie centric episode?……they are only going to get like 10 minutes aren’t they? Sigh.

• LK says:

Haven’t they had enough Alex/Maggie centric episodes for awhile.. the rest of the cast needs a chance to shine also.

• amy says:

??? you must be watching a different show then because maggie has approx 1 minute screen time the last few episodes.

• Don’t you know that gay characters are only allowed 1/10 the screen time of straight characters or else it becomes Too Much.

• LK says:

The last few episodes yes.. but before that they had several episodes of the show that were almost entirely about them… It’s an ensemble show.. they all have storylines that need to be addressed… when is Winn gonna get something to do?

• Katy says:

Actually if you go to youtube and check “Maggie and Alex scenes” its about 30 minutes in total…..Maggie is a regular and she has less than 30 min of screentime.

• Josh says:

But it’s okay that Monel eats up screen time from established regulars with this forced romance right? Alex and Maggie have not eaten up the screen time that Mon el has.

• Mara says:

Not forced You have no idea how wrong you are. If you knew what I knew you would choke on your words. Kara and mon-el are going to be around for a long long time and a lot of people will be very happy!! So sit down !!

12. Brian says:

Gag me. I can’t f. stand Mon-El and how this forced romance is ruining Kara’s character.

13. Superwoman says:

I’m going to love this episode…finally I hope Kara and Mon El get together.
    This is going to be a super fun episode.

14. Dominique says:

the trailer looks ridiculous, i’m all up for it! i thought the mxyzptlk from smallville was very creepy so i’m curious to see what this one will be like.
    hopefully by the episode\s ends, kara and mon-el finally have their moment :D

15. Rob says:

Ok just no. That possessive “she’s mine” attitude is not ok, and Supergirl is freaking Supergirl: she can stand up for herself. It is as if these writers have forgotten who the hero of this show is this season? Kara doesn’t need Mon-el or anyone else to save her, she is quite capable of saving herself. I wish they would stop trying to push this teen romance plot (that goes for all characters) and instead focus on developing actual arcs instead of these haphazard plots they have each week. Season 1 was good, but this season has been lacklustre, and Mon-El in particular needs to get waaaayyyy less screentime so that Kara gets her show back and a storyline that does not revolve around him so that we can see some character growth.

• FormerSupergirlFan says:

amen. its like they’ve forgotten Kara is supposed to be the protagonist. You know, the one driving the narrative?

• Mara says:

Stop with the psychological crap!! Mon -el and kara compliment each other. She brings out his serious side and he helps bring out her fun side!! Sit down !

16. Jc says:

Yes give me karamel please :). It was so frustrating that we almost had a kiss and that guy ruined it.

17. Personally don’t care one iota about the kara/mon-el romance, but this episode seems hella fun.

18. FormerSupergirlFan says:

Wake me up when the CW stops destroying good shows. So much for Supergirl as a “feminist” story. This is as original (and as progressive) as the Twilight books – that were published a decade ago.

“Girl with no agency who is supposedly the hero while two men fight over her.” Its especially insulting after “Luthors” – an amazing episode that actually focused on Kara and her friendships with female characters.

19. Agent 86 says:

The only interrupted moment was between Kara and Lena.

If they’re going to keep forcing Kara into relationships with one dimensional characters, at least cast those characters so that they have on-screen chemistry. Kara and Lena have enough sparks to burn down National City, yet Kara can barely light up the screen when paired with Winn, Jimmy, Adam or Mon-El.

Maybe they can get the casting right for Brainiac 5. As a member of the Legion of Superheroes, they can have Kara and Bariniac 5 in a long distance (i.e. time travel) relationship. That way they can have their “romance” storylines that all CW leads apparently need, without impacting the series too much and without taking too much attention away from more important adventures, like Supergirl saving the day and Kara becoming a better journalist.

• Katherine215 says:

Funny, I see zero sparks between Kara and Lena. I find the actress who plays Lena a little weird and don’t see any attraction at all there. I do see it with Mon-el. See how that works? Different people see different things, it’s amazing!

20. I really have no opinion in the matter, but I bet you there will be 1-2 comments after MOnday saying “Mxyzptlk has more chemistry with Kara than Mon-El”

21. MB says:

What I dislike is that Kara has no actual storyline this season. Being a love interest makes for a good romcom but not a superhero show and that’s a problem.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Nothing wrong with a show being both a superhero show and a romcom. Lois & Clark was at its heart a romcom and was still one of the best superhero shows on TV ever.

22. lisa says:

I don’t think Kara “needs” a man, but she is a hot hard working young woman. She deserves to get some action and Mon-El is hot! I don’t see anything wrong with him being jealous. Kara was jealous this last episode.

23. Kepler says:

Wow, and I thought The Vampire Diaries fandom was annoying. I’m definitely not saying that everyone should love Mon El, but the amount of shippers that write him off by insinuating (or flat out saying) that his character should be disregarded for Lena is a little nuts. SuperCorp is never going to happen, like, there is literally no way the show would go that way, so to cast him aside for a ship that would never happen is ridiculous. Personally, I don’t even get the adoration for Lena, since I don’t really like her character (which is a shame because I loved her on Merlin, but I just don’t trust Lena, I’m always half-expecting her to be evil, so it’s hard for me to be attached to her character). Regardless, I’m Team Mon El all the way. They’re the first straight couple I’ve liked in a really long time, so I’m really hoping for a happy ending for these two (and yes, I know his character in the Comics doesn’t really work out, but that doesn’t have to mean anything for the show).

• Sarah says:

This ^^

I loved Katie McGrath as Morgana in Merlin and how from a protaganist she became grey and then the antagonist. If Supergirl does the same thing as they had done in Merlin that would make her character awesome.

While on the ship side, I like the Kara and Mon El dynamic. 100x better than the James and Kara thing. Mon El is a good character for Supergirl because everyone is so goody two shoes in the show, there should have a slightly selfish and egotistical guy.

24. Allie says:

Yay, looks like a great episode! So excited to see Kara and Mon-el hopefully kiss for real without any annoying interruption, their chemistry is off the charts!

25. nuke says:

people fighting over karamel and supercorp. does anyone here read the comics? idk but as far as i know, there’s no supercorp relationship in all of the dc comics that ive read. but ive read one scene of karamel in the comics where mon-el tries to help superman n before that kara gives him a good luck-kiss… ima karamel fan but im also okay if the director wants to go with supercorp relationship someday in this series. but i just want to give u people some info that i got from the comics. go check it

26. Kevin says:

And I hate that another successful show with a female lead had been ruined for a white bread Mary Sue Creator’s Pet.

Thems the breaks, Bore-El.

27. This episode looks great. I already like Mr. Mxyzptlk!

28. emara says:

I completely agree with Ashley. I love season 2 and I find it much better than 1. I love Mon-El and I see amazing chemistry with Kara. I find Chris Wood a charismatic, funny and compelling actor

29. Luis Roman says:

When I was a kid, Mr. Mxyzptlk looked more like a garden gnome than the runner-up to be cast as Superman.

30. Jared says:

I hope Chris Wood becomes a season regular for S3 because he is such a good addition and has become my favorite character.

• Mara says:

Chris wood will be there for season 3. I hope the person that said he won’t reads this: Chris wood is an amazing actor. He’s versitile, charismatic, funny and not to mention good looking. And think about this CW loves him. Writers and producers of Supergirl love him so he will be around for a long long time. If you don’t like that move on and out!

31. Kevin says:

Couldn’t agree more. They really are insane

32. Max says:

I enjoy watching Kara and Mon-El. I find their romantic chemistry incredible. Yes Mon-El’s character is flawed but that is why he’s very interesting TO ME. There’s a lot of possibilities and room for growth.

I don’t mind people shipping whatever ships they want to, what bothers me is the vitriol/insults that shippers send to rival shippers, and, at times, to actors themselves. The cast are just doing their jobs. I mean, praise your ship all you want, 24/7 if you want, but why is there a need to drag others, to make other shippers feel bad about their choice of ship??? Is the goal to intimidate others into not discussing their love for their ship? Why not let them be? And, what’s the point in tagging actors saying they don’t have chemistry, get them off the show or that another actress would make a better Supergirl??? Is the goal to intimidate actors til they quit?

It’s sad to see the immaturity of fans making the fandom toxic, I hope it’s not too late to change that.

33. I loved Clint Howard’s Mr. Mxyzptlk. Superboy?

34. Kel says:

Loving Kara and Mon-El together, I also am loving the friendship between Lena and Kara. Lighten up on the ship wars guys, it totally ruined Smallville and Arrow for a lot of fans. Grow up….

35. Bassguy says:

It will be interesting to see if they stay to comic book legend and even more interesting to see how they make Mxyzptlk say his name backwards.

• clintbrew says:

the same way they did it in lois and clark adventures of superman instead of a christmas present it a valentine card with his name backwards and he reads it out

36. Syl says:

Gotta love this comment of Wood “Don’t touch her, she’s mine!” As if Kara is someone’s property. What year are we living in again. Also Kara/Mon-El is the same boring het romance (bad boy redeems himself to get the girl) we’ve seen a million times by now. That and him getting so much screentime on a show that’s about Supergirl, that character really needs to go.

• Mara says:

And please don’t put down Chris wood. He’s a great guy and an asset to the show. I mean grow up.! If you don’t like how they are writing the show then don’t watch! But don’t put down the actors.

37. Maggie Richards says:

What I don’t understand….is why everyone is angry at the fact kara and mon el are getting together ??? There are straight couples and gay couples ,in life and this is just a show …what does it matter ????? It’s a bit sad that this is the topic…..why it always has to come down to a quota…..im straight but thought it was so sweet when Alex came out, and fell in love with maggie , why can’t you just appreciate that it doesn’t matter who is falling in love, but that they are …..think it gets way over political correctness that ruins it for everyone ……its like saying you only realate to a story if they match your sexuality…..read the ridiculous comments below and think about how closed minded and defevensive some of you are being over sexuality….on a freaking show…..how can things be sexist if she falls in love with a man ? There are bisexual people …are they only half sexist ? Fml IT’S A SHOW PEOPLE GROW UP lol