The 100 Season 4: Octavia Unleashed, 'Bellarke' Bonding and 25 Other Key Moments From the Trailer

The 100 is going to some dark places in the new year, as revealed in the just-released trailer for the CW drama’s upcoming fourth season.

Picking up shortly after the battle with ALIE, Season 4 paints a grim picture of Clarke & Co’s future, full of radiation-induced lesions, infighting amongst the Arkadians, and a badass new assassin on the loose. (Wait, that assassin is Octavia!)

Hit PLAY on the trailer above to see what all the fuss is about. Then hit play AGAIN and follow along with my moment-by-moment observations below. Honestly, this trailer is a gift, and it’s a lot to process:

0:04 — “The end is coming”? OK, we’re off to a terrifying start.

0:12 — Ooh, the Pyramids!

0:13 — Oh, never mind. Bye, Pyramids!

0:23  — This just became the Proactiv commercial of my nightmares.

0:42 — Enough with the choppy cuts, already! I feel a seizure coming on.

0:46 — “You know, Raven clearly hasn’t suffered enough. Let’s shoot her in the leg.”

0:52 — Octavia will not rest until she’s defeated every last member of KISS.

0:54 — Get it, Murphy!

1:03 — Guys, Monty is pissed.

1:24 — Not going to lie, I’m really digging Jaha’s fresh new look.

1:41 — “Sky Ripper, death from above”? This is the season of Octavia!

1:49 — Doesn’t Roan know that trying to “rule everything” is the quickest way to get yourself killed on this show?!

1:52 — Oof! Some harsh truth from Murphy to Clarke right there.

1:55 — Aaaaaand there’s your “Bellarke” moment.

2:14 — I feel like Jasper only needs one hand. The other can be a permanent flask.

2:15 — Kane + Abby 4ever! Ow, owwww!

2:20 — Who? What?!

2:25 — Well, that’s not good to hear in any language.

2:28 — Can we not crucify Indra?!

2:32 — Bane!

2:42 — Clarke, you… uh… appear to have something on your face.

Which trailer moments stood out to you? Drop a comment with your top picks below.

1. RedReddington says:

How is Kabby kissing not among your top moments?! I can’t wait until the new season 😍😍

2. Brock says:

Last season was the worst. That AI nonsense was far-fetched and terrible. Nothing was redemptive.

• Wordsmith says:

Last season was intense and had me watching compulsively, but it was pretty relentlessly depressing – just week after week of the good guys consistently losing, followed by a victory that still kind of felt like a loss.

• Jami says:

I agree it was depressing. I loved the Clexa storyline, but knew she was going to die. I thought she was a goner in Watch the Thrones. Then I realized she was part AI. She had pinpoint accuracy with that spear. The in episode 7/13 should of known by the hint there, Lexa was going to die. I was just surprised how the writers killed her off. I am gay and I had never heard bury your gays trope before. I was not pissed. Oh Lexa is dead I am sad. Next episode please.

• Andrea says:

I’m not gay and I’m devastated for Lexa and Clexa, she was the best ever and they had more chemistry than Flarke or Bellarke or anything else put together, they worked so well. I really would love her to make a surprise return some day because lets face it, she had become one of the most popular if not the most popular character in it overnight. And the lesbians who are butthurt, and I don’t mean devasted, I mean butthurt are the same the Loo people trying to get it cancelled. I hope they just leave it alone already.

• KLS says:

Agreed. S2 was the best, so far. S3’s AI (the city of light) and politics in Polaris almost did me in. I like it better when the main characters are out in the wild (not in skyscrapers), trying to survive/overcome.

• Gemma says:

I’ve seen worse seasons in other shows tbh. Lexa’s death was the worst thing ever though, don’t get me wrong, it was the crappiest out of all them. But it is her loss. And I still love this show more than anything else on right now.

• Jami says:

I loved season 3.

3. John Jacob says:

I loved the first 2 seasons. Last season just felt very very bizarre for some reason. I hope this season is a little bit better.

• Jami says:

I think it was because originally had 13 episodes and then were given 3 more episode after season 3 was written.. I honestly loved season 3. I will miss Lexa, she was definitely a badass, but Clarke is the real badass of the show. Lexa is in FTWD and The 100 screwed up by not signing her to the main cast in S2. I think S4 looks awesome. I was on the edge of my seat S2 and S3. The 100 is probably my favorite show, then HTGAWM. Clarke and Bellamy, I am thinking they both get killed off this season. Since the show started it has been Clarke and Bellamy fighting to keep them alive. The need to go make movies on the big screen they have proved that can act.

• Alex says:

FTWD is a load of tosh that none of TWD fans even care about. Lexa isn’t in it, Alycia is and I stopped watching after trying out season 1 it was an utter load of crap. I only know that ‘the Loo’ people have weird fan stuff on it just because of Alycia, loads clearly never even watched TWD. Forget that show, I can’t see it lasting. That was Alycia’s risk to take, if she comes back to ‘The 100’ great, but if not I would not like to compare the two shows and Lexa is the only topic I see relevant.

• Alex says:

Also Jami, you are trying to write off the characters already and suggesting that the actors go do their own movies now, that sounds like BS to me. Eliza did a movie only recently called Thumper but tbh it doesn’t look great and she is adored as is in the 100 and the 100 doesn’t deserve cancellation. No true fan would even suggest that.

• miria says:

Nah, I don’t want them to die! That would mean end of story aka S4 last season. :(

4. Suzie says:

Best trailer yet!

5. Goldenvibefan says:

Darn, I was hoping for Octavia and Jasper to stick together.. R.i.p my Jactavia dream.

6. Lily says:

Ooohhh I can’t wait! XD I am so looking forward to seeing what happens with Octavia. I did not see Lincoln dying at all!!….. and i bawled by eyes out when he did. :'( I was hoping and praying that they wouldn’t show him being killed and he could still be out there, but there’s no coming back from a shot to the head. I am also super excited to see that Jasper seems to be coming around and “living”. This is just another reason I can’t wait until February! :)

• miria says:

To be honest, I’m a bit concerned about Jasper. It looks like he will go from one extreme (devestated about Maya’s death and PTSD) to the other (excessive partying and PTSD). But that said, he was supposed to die when he got speared in the very first episode and got saved by the writers, and he was supposed to die in the S3 finale and got saved by the writers, so… let’s just wait and see. ;)

7. kirads09 says:

2:15 — Kane + Abby 4ever! Ow, owwww! Yep. I am not too into “shipping” characters but – yep.

8. Mel says:

This honestly looks really good, I’m so excited! Now I’m feeling pumped for the next season.

9. Meg says:

I don’t want Bellarke to happen. I just don’t like Bellamy.

10. Cynthia says:

Seriously can’t wait to watch!!!

11. peter says:

that lady with octavia is Niylah right?

12. Kate says:

Can’t wait to see season 4! This bellarke scene was the death of me, it’s all I ever wanted. Hope this two finally find some happiness & hope we will see more of them.

I’ve been waiting 3 seasons now!

Octavia looks badass, excited to see Kabby, Monty was awesome in trailer!

13. AS says:

That Bellarke scene was amazing! It’s about time for these two to get together, the chemistry, the build up and development, I honestly just love them. Oh and wow Monty and Murphy blew me away in the trailer – so intense! Can’t wait for it to air.