Post Mortems
Flash Supergirl Arrow Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers

Arrow-verse EPs on Flashpoint Fallout, Dominators' Return, More Crossovers

Superheroes: 1. Aliens: 0.

The CW’s #DCWeek crossover event wrapped up on Thursday night’s Legends of Tomorrow with a victorious celebration for the costumed crimefighters — but the Dominators aren’t gone for good.

legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-photos-4Let’s briefly recap the episode’s key moments: The Dominators revealed that they came back to Earth because of The Flash and the rise of metahuman powers; the aliens promised to leave peacefully if Barry gave himself up, but Oliver & Co. eventually convinced their self-sacrificing pal not to surrender; Stein decided not to erase his new daughter from existence; after doing some timeline tampering of his own, Cisco — who gifted Supergirl with her own tachyon device portable breach-opener — finally forgave Barry, who also earned the forgiveness of Dig; the heroes were publicly acknowledged by the new President of the United States for their courage in fighting off the extraterrestrial threat; and Barry and Oliver shared a toast to “life being full.” #besties

Below, executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim tackle several burning questions about the Dominators’ comeback, Flashpoint’s future consequences, Stein’s secret and much more.

WILL THERE BE MORE FLASHPOINT CHANGES FOR ARROW AND LEGENDS CHARACTERS? | The producers are keeping mum on that front, but Guggenheim did share that “there’s a fair amount of discussion” about the subject in next Wednesday’s Arrow midseason finale. “[The characters] deal with — in some humorous ways, actually — some of the ramifications. For example, I think Curtis is concerned that maybe he was straight, originally.” As for whether Barry’s voicemail is directly tied to Flashpoint or referencing more changes that the speedster makes down the road, Kreisberg offers this cryptic tease: “The message from the future relates to Flashpoint, but it also may relate to something else coming up.”

Legends of Tomorrow RecapWILL SUPERGIRL VISIT EARTH-1 AGAIN? | Now that Kara has a way to communicate and travel across Earths, crossovers are certainly “easier” to execute, Kreisberg says. “The next time we do it, it means it doesn’t necessarily have to be because Oliver and Barry need Kara; it could be because Kara needs them.” However, the EP notes that nothing is in the works, seeing as how “we just barely survived this one. So we’re not too concerned with what we’re going to try to do next year. But it just gives us another way to come at a story.”

HAVE WE SEEN THE LAST OF THE SPACE MEN? | Considering they didn’t die, but simply retreated, it’s not crazy to wonder if the mind-controlling Dominators will reappear. “We’ve certainly talked about it,” Guggenheim says. “We don’t want to do it immediately because we just told that story. I think it’s more of a Flash and Legends question than an Arrow question because… that’s not really what Arrow traffics in.” Actually, it’s what their alien pal on Monday nights is all about: “The Dominators will return on Supergirl later this season,” Kreisberg reveals.

DOES THE WORLD KNOW ETs EXIST? | A line was cut for time, in which the G-man known as “Glasses” says, “‘Cover up what? A dozen weather satellites falling out of orbit?'” Guggenheim explains: “People see the ships, but no one ever really saw the Dominators. The way we’re sort of playing it going forward is that Glasses is good at his job, and when he says he’s going to cover it up, he’s going to cover it up.” Adds Kreisberg: “There’s a mention of it in The Flash, that the threat of aliens brought out all the crazies. But we’re sort of Doctor Who-ing it.”

Legends of Tomorrow RecapWILL STEIN’S DAUGHTER BE BACK? | “You’ll see her again in a few episodes,” Guggenheim says. And as early as next Thursday’s Legends midseason finale, “the ramifications” of Stein and Jax keeping the doc’s newly discovered offspring a secret “come into play.”

COULD THE NEW PRESIDENT HAVE BEEN LYNDA CARTER? | “Actually, in the original draft of the Legends episode, she was the Vice President, who became the President,” Guggenheim reveals. “The studio had what we all considered to be a very fair note [that] it was a bit too confusing.”

What did you think of the “Heroes v Aliens” conclusion? Grade the crossover as a whole via the poll below, then hit the comments to back up your pick!

1. Sada says:

You couldn’t ask about Laurel? She’s suppose to be back.

2. Dave says:

Valda, Isn’t there a Flash/Supergirl musical coming up in March? Doesn’t that count as a crossover episode?

• ncmacasl says:

maybe they could work in all the Arrow-verse songsters (“Stein” is a Broadway musical comedy vet)

• Mary says:

They were saying that they wanted to have Victor Garber be part of the musical crossover. And The Flash is about the point to start filming for it if it was going to be 3×14 as they said before the season started. Danielle posted a picture the other day from after they did the table read for that ep.

3. dancmh says:

I live in fear of the inevitable Wally-point.

• Dave says:

OMG yes lol also can you imagine if Wally and the annoying Wild dog teamed up? lol the horror

• peterwdawson says:

Really hate how much of a disservice the show is to Wally fans.

• lordofluck says:

I agree I grew up on Wally West but I can’t stand him on the Flash.

• Georgia Madman says:

Agreed. Send him to Supergirl and he can be annoying with Winn.

• peterwdawson says:

That’s really kind of the issue I keep having with DC: a lot of people who read comics in the late 80s and 90s are kinda getting underserved. I mean, sure, we don’t need some of the stupid stuff like Superman Red/Superman Blue or the Green Lantern Corps basically all dead thanks to Hal Jordan, but Cyborg Superman not looking remotely like Superman, defying the main reason he got that name in the first place? Wally West being a whiny kid rather than a well-rounded character that hack writers had to constantly try to write around since they didn’t know how to handle competence by having him replaced by lamer alternate Flashes? The film version of Alexander Luthor being nuttier than a bag full of Almond Joys? No Guy Gardner sightings period?

• Celina says:

Yes! He is great in the comics. Even better than Barry. But on TV he is the WORST. I hate him! HATE HIM! JUST HATE HIM

4. Mary says:

And they’ve set up a way to do the musical crossover between Supergirl and The Flash.

• Dave says:

Im ashamed to admitt I didn’t watch legends yet lol Will do so now to see how it plays out. I liked having them on screen at same time

5. datdudemurphy says:

So many good notes in this….It will be very weird in syndication.Not sure how they’ll work this all out.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The syndication money is still green.

• V.J. says:

Try other countries. In Germany Arrow airs on a different channel than the rest. Going to be fun to see how they figure this one out.

• Butch says:

When Murder She Wrote and Magnum PI has a crossover I think they included both episodes in the syndicated packages of both shows. They may have redone the opening credits so the Murder She Wrote episode had Magnum PI credits in the Magnum PI package and vice versa. I am sure they will work it out.

• arianeb says:

It was obvious they had syndication in mind when they made each episode almost stand alone. Supergirl: completely unrelated except the last 30 seconds, Flash: Justice League: Civil War, Arrow: It’s a Wonderful Life, Legends: The actual Heroes vs. Aliens battle.

• Michael Summerset says:

Not just syndication but reruns. There’s no guarantee that the episodes would get rerun in the same order. They could run the three episodes together on the same night.

• datdudemurphy says:

they were all pretty stand alone, but if you are only watching Arrow and you get an episode where out of nowhere they are on an alien ship….it doesn’t really fit with the rest of the series.

• ncmacasl says:

Like every other multi-series crossover event – ignore the event and leave it to others to connect the dots. There were several in the CSI universe, meaning to watch those now, you have to view some on Hulu and some on Netflix!!

6. Teresa says:

Personally this was my favorite episode from the crossover. There wasn’t too much drama and it was fun. Felicity and Cisco were great tonight and so was Mick as usual. Favorite quote of the episode: “she looks a lot like my cousin.”

7. It was painfully obvious and a bit of a let down that Melissa Benoist was not there for the filming of the rooftop fight.

• Jim says:

Scheduling must have been a nightmare. I mean that’s obviously why Oliver asked her to sit out at one point in the episode, too. Remember that she’s in production on the next episodes of Supergirl while these are filming. and the way her show is set up she can’t really be “written light” to clear up time for the crossover. That said, Stephen Amell somehow managed to be in a lot of it. We’ll see if the next episode of Arrow focuses mostly on the supporting players with Oliver hardly in it, haha.

• Jim says:

Now that I think about it I wonder if it could be as simple as Arrow and Flash mostly filming their outdoor sequences at night, when it’s dark, and Supergirl mostly filming the outdoor sequences during the day, when it’s bright. Legends, of course, is an ensemble show, so it doesn’t matter–time can be finagled.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

+225 TVLine Power User points (no cash value)

Can’t have every character from every show in every scene of every episode.

• Fido says:

I would have liked the writers to have the freedom to put whatever characters they wanted to in any of the four eps, and NOT be (possibly) restricted by having to make the Flash ep a Flash centric ep, the Angel ep an Angel centric ep and the Legends ep… well you see where I’m going.

• arianeb says:

I notice seeing more Supergirl than Benoist, who had very few speaking lines in any of the last 3 episodes. I bet her body double was in those episodes way more than she was.

• Pat says:

It’s too bad they couldn’t get the go ahead to shoot a super crossover in the summer and have it shot to air later before the next seasons start. It would be so much easier that way, provided the actors don’t have other projects during the break.

8. ndixit says:

This was a job well done. I would have tweaked it a little. Had a bit more Barry and Cisco on Supergirl, had a bit more Barry and Kara on Arrow, and a bit more Kara on Legends but it was full of a lot of fun and the individual shows still retained their DNA. I can imagine Stephen, Grant, Melissa, Brandon, Caity, Emily, and Carlos had a seriously hellish schedule juggling 3-4 shows simultaneously.

9. V.J. says:

They did a really, really good job with the crossover. It fitted, every show got there storyline things in (well, not Supergirl, but hey…), the interactions were brilliant. I can imagine that viewers now try or catch up on the shows they don’t watch. And I loved the meta stuff. I laughed at the line about how Kara looks like Rays cousin.

• Brainiac6 says:

Lol, I realized that when I rewatched that part on youtube about Ray’s cousin looking like Kara. “Superman Returns” lol!

• Michael Summerset says:

And don’t forget about the line before it where Felicity comments how she looks like herself. They do come across as very similar characters.

• Celina says:

Yeah, but I like Kara way more. She is light and cute and all good things together, like a powerpuff girl. Love her.
        Felicity is annoying sometimes…

10. Diggory says:

It reminded me a bit of power rangers. But it was fun

11. tina says:

So are we going to get a directors cut? I got the sense that they had to cut some stuff due to time. Either way, I thought this was great!! Love the Oliver/Barry friendship. Mick was hilarious! I think Oliver has a lil crush on Supergirl .

12. DAMN says:

Loved the Ciara 1, 2 Step reference. Too funny. Whoever had the idea to include it – Genius!!!

I’m disappointed Barry didn’t interact with the Gideon on the Waverider and that Cisco didn’t flinch when Rory called for her.

13. Luli says:

Loved tonights episode! I was wondering if they were going to use the “he looks like my cousin” line, but I always pictured Kara saying it. Glad they used it and that Ray delivered it, I LOLed. This and the Flash eps were great (and Supergirl too). I loved the intro in this one too.

Hopefully next time there is a crossover Kara can bring Alex with her now that she has a breach opener. As always I loved all the Kara/Barry scenes, Mick/Kara, Sara and team, Stein and Caitlin, and the trio scenes with Ollie, Kara and Barry. I hope we kind of get to see more development between Stein and her daughter.

And I think some characters, including Kara, should have a bigger presence in the next one, or more equal roles.
    ohhh and finally Cisco forgave Barry!!! Hope that means that he will revert back to Cisco before Flashpoint.

14. Jim says:

I really enjoyed the little jokes in this episode: Felicity spewing out “Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra” (a Star Trek TNG reference any nerd would get), ex-Superman Brandon Routh saying Kara looked a bit like his cousin, and Kara describing the team-up as “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!” which is, of course, the Avengers’ famous tagline. Especially that last one, haha.

15. I wonder if the president on supergirl is a Dominators

16. Sharon says:

So far haven’t seen anything about the shout out to the Hall of Justice in any comments on any of the shows. (Maybe everyone that watches this is younger than me? ) Enjoyed all of it though it was basically a 3 show crossover. Kara needed to tell Ollie to stuff his xenophobia.

• Abhijit says:

The Hall of Justice is the first thing I thought of, and Super Friends. Think Cisco and Felicity were the Wonder Twins? And why exactly would Star Labs have a facility of that shape anyway?

• arianeb says:

The “Hall of Justice” has always been based on the old Union Terminal in Cincinnati since the old “Superfriends” series. Flash uses doctored photos of the building for their establishing shots.
      I think the Union Terminal version has also made its way into the comics as well.

17. I'm Batman says:

It really should have begun with the full episode of Supergirl OR ended with next week’s episode of it and keep people guessing over the weekend.

• KatsMom says:

There is no “next week’s episode” of Supergirl. Last week’s episode was the fall/midseason finale. That’s why they didn’t want the crossover to overtake the episode. They wanted to give some closure/tease the storylines for the second half of the season.

18. soonerborn says:

Not to be negative but it seems kind of weird that Felicity was trying to get Cisco to forgive Barry when she seems incapable of forgiving Oliver of his lie mistake.

• Butch says:

I think Felicity has forgiven Ollie. She still works with him. I think Ollie and Felicity are friends. I don’t think she wants to be in a romantic relationship with someone who will always go it alone and not share with his significant other or wife.

19. jrex says:

Ok, I’m a bit confused. Cisco seemed to think he changed the timeline by saving a Dominator in the past causing the Dominators to return to present day Earth. But the Man in Black with glasses said they came specifically for Barry Allen because Barry was messing with the timeline. How do Mr. Glasses and the Dominators know all that about Barry? How is that related to what Cisco did?

• 134sc says:

I think that one Dominator discovered meta humans because of Cisco etc. They left earth because the team saved him. When Barry screwed things up, the Dominators knew he was a meta human because of the previous interaction. Its a bit contrived, but there is only so much they can do. It must have been a nightmare to write and produce

• absherlock says:

The bigger question is how did the Dominators know Barry changed the timeline. The only ones who should be aware of timeline changes are those outside the timeline when the changes are made (so Barry is aware of the Flashpoint changes he made, but not of the changes Stein made in 1987).

Perhaps the Dominators have their own version of the Time Masters? Maybe a new crew member for the Legends?

20. lordofluck says:

I gave it a B but would have given it an A if there was more with the Supergirl episode and was more of a movie/minis series instead of 4 episodes.

21. 1 of the worst crossovers I ever seen.

22. Jaime says:

Seriously… NO ONE caught the comment Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) made about Kara looking like his cousin??

23. Dominique says:

the LoT episode was fantastic, an awesome way to tie up this crossover! loved all the characters involved, everybody got some good screentime and that final battle was excellent!

24. cool says:

personally I hope they change their mind concerning the musical crossover, not interested in someone singing while fighting.

25. Joey Padron says:

Crossover finale with Legends of Tomorrow was really good. Like they end it with Barry and Oliver having a drink at the bar. Crossover episodes was great this year.

26. Jake Lenburg says:

Bizzaro Supergirl for the next crossover ! That would be really fun. I do believe that is not the last we have seen of the man in glasses , if the writers are smart.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

They already did Bizarro Supergirl. I’m calling it now: Lex Luthor escapes prison to unleash a fiendish scheme.

• Jake Lenburg says:

I recall that one. Maybe we could have Bizarro CW Justice League. Bizarro Supergirl somehow slips into to Earth-1 . We will see Matt about Lex. Hoping for Solomon Grundy.

27. Dee See says:

It was definetely a GREAT Crossover event!

However, the geek in me cant help but have a wishlist of some of the things that IMHO would have made it greater… also some nitpicking :)

1. Flash and Supergirl spent quite a few minutes fighting the aliens on the rooftop with Ollie and the gang…but then took off to tag the aliens AROUND THE GLOBE in a span of seconds….

2. If Flash and Kara was supposed to do that (crisscross the globe), then it would have been awesome for Wally to have helped (his injury nothwithstanding), and Cisco could have vibed in Jesse Quick and Jay Garrick too. Also Harisson Wells’ genius would have served them…well, Well. :) (yeah yeah, I know, theyre probably gonna do this later..perhaps against Savitar…they didnt want to use this card for the crossover..sigh…)

3. Speaking of vibing people in…when Barry and Cisco went to Kara for help, she asked, “who are we fighting?” . We didnt get to see how the rest of the conversation went, but I would have thought it would have gone something like this:

Barry: Aliens, Kara. We are fighting an entire Alien Armada..its an Invasion!!
    Kara: OmG!!! Wait, let me call in my cousin for help! Also this super powerful Martian I know, and this daxamite kid whos pretty strong too…

4. re the rooftop fight… ok, Ill accept Oliver there, as basically he’s Batman in the Arrowverse. But Mick with a flamegun, and Spartan with a handgun? Why didnt Diggle get an assault rifle at least? Hes a freakin Marine! And where are the cops and military anyway? Digg and Mick are basically just 2 armed soldiers..why not send an army in?

5. Ragman would have been really useful there.. hes powerful and seemingly invulnerable. I wanted to see him kick some Alien Ass.

6. I wanted to see the Vixen that helped Oliver with Damian Dark come to help and meet the Legend’s Vixen. (heck, throw in Constantine as well and let him whip up some magicks against the aliens) . Oliver could at least have commented or interacted with this new Vixen…

7. Speaking of Vixen… I was all excited when she used her totem to channel an Elephant…but then she just roundhoused a couple of aliens with it?? I wanted to see her just charge towards them like a freakin elephant/rhino/bull and aliens just get knocked down like bowling pins…

8. I wanted to see Supergirl do a “fastball special” with Steel..throw him to an alien ship and he punches through it like a cannonball..

9. Supergirl could have caught the Gene Bomb and threw it to the Sun..

10. Ray could have shrunk the genebomb and caught it in his hand… (he got plenty of white dwarfstar now)

11. Ray could have GiantManned up and kicked some Alien ass…

12. Caitlyn could have gone Killer Frost on some Aliens…

13. I was pretty disappointed with the “Presidential Recognition” scene…done in a hanger, with no Media, attended by a few folks (mostly military). And I thought the presscons in Arrrow was bad….

14. Speaking of the President…hey Diggle!! Perfect time to ask for a Presidential Pardon, dont you think? (also telling all those generals present what your d*** CO did to you?)

15. Lastly…. before Kara left, before the Legends left, and before he went to some bar chilling with Ollie like its a regular Friday night….dont you think Barry should have said something like, ” err…guys..since youre all here now anyway, maybe you guys can help me out against this GOD OF SPEED im up against right now??”

Ok.. just wanted to get those out of my system… yes I know Budget and Time prevents most of the above from being possible… but it makes for a good fanfic at least… :)

28. Butch says:

It seemed like there was a scene cut after Thea told Ollie she wanted to stay and her then changing her mind and joined the final fight on Arrow. Maybe something like she is watching the people at the party she gets more memory flashes or the virtual people say things to her she knows are not real and realizes she won’t be happy in this virtual world. Just seemed odd that she and Ollie have this long conversation where she makes a compelling reason to stay and one minute later changes her mind.

29. MALCOLM MERLYN JR says:

Overall, I must rate the SPGRL/FLASH/ARROW/DCsLGNDS crossover as 2.75 stars out of 5.00. The conclusion with DCs Legends is what brought the whole thing down. More or less, these “crossovers” are merely lame excuses for the men/women of the shows to get together and drink themselves stupid. As evidenced by the Legends show ending with Barry and Oliver in a bar getting drunk. Seriously people? Trying for normalcy as Oliver Queen would say. An Alien invasion is SUPPOSED TO BE AN EPIC SHOWDOWN BETWEEN THE ALIEN INVADER AND THE HEROES. I got no such vibe from the “Dominators” as being a world ending threat. They seemed like Tobias Church and his merry gang of thugs dressed in alien costumes. This was the worse crossover yet and they need to stop this garbage. It makes all the shows look bad.

30. ncmacasl says:

Loved the episodes except a few minor issues: Supergirl episode as a “crossover” was a joke – just micro-teasers until final scene (like “Legends” the previous week). No mention of the TWO versions of Vixen (Arrow’s Mari McCabe & Legend’s Amaya Jiwe). Love the use of the actor (perhaps most famous for ex-con Butch on “Soap”) for the role of “Glasses.”

• Butch says:

Great catch . The character on Soap was Dutch Leitner played by Donnelly Rhodes who was indeed on the Legends and Flash “Invasion” episodes. I didn’t recognize him watching the episode.

31. xyz says:

Will it happen again? Well, I think of this crossover as an experiment to see how it works out and how to make the process better in the future. If everything looks like it was a benefit, then there will be more of it. We already had mini-crossovers of the shows.

32. Brigid says:

What a great crossover! I loved it, the whole thing was so much fun! I absolutely love Mick, he makes me smile like all the time. “Hey skirt, call me”. I guess he likes aliens LOL, that line was hysterical. Kara is the sweetest and such a ray of sunshine. I loved the Hall of Justice, it looks just like the one from the Super Friends cartoon.

I also have to give a shout out to Oliver, who took the words right out of my mouth regarding Barry doing what anyone with his power would do to get their parents back. He is human and was in excruciating pain and if you have never lost a parent you have no idea what that is like. I would do anything short of murder to have my mother back and Barry lost both of his parents, he never would have to apologize to me. Looking forward to the next crossover event, whenever that is!!!!

33. Dj says:

Like others have said isn’t there a musical episode with Flash and Supergirl in the back half of the season. Also I want a supergirl LoT crossover next season.

34. Jake Lenburg says:

Question for comic fans/continuity trackers: Can the Wavetravel to different universes ? A great twist if the legends got stranded on Earth-2 or maybe that’s where Rip is. Also , wouldn’t it make more sense for Sara to carry on the Black Canary mantle via Laurel wish ?

• TrumpSucks says:

you mean the Waverider? no, I don’t think it can travel between universes. at least there has been no mention of it as far as I can remember. and all future crossovers will most likely take place on earth 1 and Supergirl comes to them, not the other way around.

Laurel gave Sara the White Canary suit, so I think it’s fine the way it is. but black, white or any other color, Sara beats every other canary by a mile.

• cool says:

they gave a hint there will be a crossover on supergirl’s earth, maybe superman will be there, are you not curious of the interaction between superman and arrow, how about winn and cisco.

35. Azerty says:

Great great great crossover! Way much better than last year with Savage and the Hawks. The story was not the most interesting (specially blaming Barry again for Flashpoint) but that’s ok. The interaction between the characters were the best thing. For me we have: Rory-Kara, Barry-Kara, Cisco-Felicity, Diggle-Barry, but I am also glad there was a scene between Sara and Oliver. I miss them together, as not in a relationship but together on the screen. And for me the best relationship of the crossover is still Oliver-Barry. That bromance, that last scene, it is everything! And yeah next time I want more Oliver-Kara and Sara-Kara. Supergirl is my least favorite of the 4 and when I think about it, Kara has more chemistry with many characters on Flash/Arrow/legends, more than anyone in her own show…I hope next year they will do another big event like that! Come on bring on Cadmus and the clone storyline from JLU!

36. Flashrow says:

Considering that Oliver, Diggle, Barry, Felicity and Thea know the Vixen from our current time, it would be interesting if one of them had said something about her grandmother.

37. Mac says:

Leave Felicity out of the next crossover..such a waste of time

38. Kali Burgos says:

It was an awesome crossover. And it was an ANNUAL crossover so, next year will be the next one. AND, since Kara has that gadget that Cisco gave her, and the Dominators will be coming to her Earth, she’ll probably call Barry or the others to help her. AND, she’ll end up on the Waverider soon in Legends.