Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel Contemplate a Second Gilmore Revival: 'This Week on Grandma Girls...'

10Gilmore Girls could easily become a never-ending story. But should it?

Leading ladies Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel — who reprise their roles as Lorelai and Rory in Netflix’s four-chapter revival Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (out Nov. 25) — seem inclined to go out on a high note.

“It was complete and utter — for me as an actor and a character — closure,” Graham shares in the above video. “I think [Alexis and I] both feel very proud of what we got to do.”

Echoing previous buzz that the revival ends on something of a cliffhanger, Graham adds, “I don’t think the show itself closes. It’s like in a horror movie when everyone is fine and then there’s one last [scary] thing and you’re like, ‘I guess they could go on.’ That’s a little bit how it feels to me.”

The highlight of the Q&A comes when Bledel mentions the possibility of Gilmore Girls going on for eternity, which prompts Graham to adopt her best TV narrator voice and joke, “‘Rory visits Lorelai in the home. This week on Grandma Girls…'”

Press PLAY above to watch the latest installment of my Graham-Bledel interview, and then check back in the coming days for more from the duo as well as Team Palladino and Scott Patterson as TVLine’s “18 Days of Gilmore” scoop countdown continues.

1. Diggory says:

I think the final four words are “welcome home, baby Gilmore”. And they happen after Emily says something about one of their past fights.

• My theory was one of the girls telling the other they’re pregnant (my main guess is currently a surprise, late in life pregnancy for Lorelai) but I love yours too!

• Adam says:

Rory: “I’m pregnant”
        Lorelai: “Me too!”

• Jennifer says:

I’m sorry, but that would be SO wrong. I think it’s wrong to give Lorelei a baby at this point. She’d be about 47/48 at this point and having a baby at that age is risky. It happens, and i know that. But to have a kid and a grandkid the same age? Nope.

I would have been OK if she had a kid right after the show ended and we saw her (or him) at age 6 or 7 now. But i would lose all respect for the show with Lorelei having a baby now.

• aplwrites says:

The show was built on unconventional family dynamics. Having a child and grandchild simultaneously would ultimately be in the spirit of the show.

• jj. says:

I agree, while it likely would have worked while the show originally aired an ending like this would feel very HIMYM-eque, shoehorning a preexisting ending when it no longer makes sense

• Sharon says:

That’s all judgy. My dad and his uncle were the same age and we’re best of friends.

• Ginny says:

I mostly doubt that will be it because these words were planned years ago. Even if the Palladinos would have been in charge of the last season, they would have made Rory pregnant as soon as she got out of college. And, I don’t feel like it was the kind of show that would have had its final scene be “Ten Years in the Future…”

2. Anna says:

Ends on a cliffhanger….
    PLEASE don’t let the last four words be: “I’m pregnant'” “Me too!”

It would be the lamest finale since HIMYM

3. Dannie C says:

Either way if “A Year In The Life” is the end or if there’s more. I feel incredible blessed and thankful that all of us (A&D,cast and fans) get to go back to Our Little Corner of the World.

4. Sherrie Rojas says:

Please more shows 💕I would watch the Gilmores in the nursing home!! We could all be in the homes together gumming our oatmeal 😂At least we would be laughing🎈

5. Tom says:

Lorelei to Rory: “She is so beautiful. I can’t believe I am a Grandmother. Did you decide on a name yet?”

Rory: “Yup – Emily Lorelei Gilmore”

6. Leona Barad says:

Lorelai in an old-folks home?!! I’d watch that!!!

7. A fan of TV says:

Why not, though? In 5-10 years it’ll be cool to see Lorelei as a grandma. And you wouldn’t need the whole roster to return again as the heart of that story would be about the next gen of Gilmore girls (or maybe Rory has a boy).

I don’t think it would be overkill, it would just need Lauren and Alexis to be into it.

8. andrew hass says:

I’m sure not everything will wrapped up and some things might be left open just like in real life.

9. Lina says:

I think those words are going to surround pregnancy/baby related.

Also, I think the alleged wedding scene might be for Michel.

10. luke says:

Why use “original programming” before the clip plays… this is a press junket interview with two actors… how is that original programming? Love Lauren, Love Alexis.

11. parstl says:

My God…there’s literally every other day a new story headlined concerning this revival even before it airs whIle nearly nothing on many current shows or those in season production like Orphan Black for instance.

12. Volcfom says:

Final four: “I’m having a girl.”

13. angela lacorte says:

I just adore the gilmore girls. I can watch it over and over and there is always something i missed with rory and her mom fast talking. Superb! I would love anything gilmore girls after what i saw in the revival magnificent! The setting. Stars hollow. I want to live there. Bring back more of the gilmore girls. Rory is having a baby. Luke and loreili just were married and kelly bishop is fantastic and with her new lifestyle. The possibilities are endless. I applaude the writers and cast

14. April says:

Gilmore Girls has to live on. More more more.