Arrow Spoilers

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Lucifer, Timeless, Lethal Weapon, Once, Gilmore, Supergirl, Chi Fire and More

Does Arrow have a “Ghul” twist coming up? Is there hope for Once Upon a Time‘s Rumbelle fans? Is Lucifer going to roll the dice on romance? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Anything to report yet on Arrow‘s Talia al Ghul (to be played by Lexa Doig)? —Laura
Just this provocative morsel from series star Stephen Amell: “We learn about Talia before we meet her — and she is, I think, our gateway to really accelerating the flashback storyline.” See, now I would never have linked the two. Hmm….

Are Arrow‘s Diggle and Felicity going to have any one-on-one scenes coming up? — Chasity
“I hope so,” David Ramsey said during our set visit. “I hope you get to see [the OTA of Diggle, Felicity and Oliver] more, in general, because I think the show has really missed that.” Ramsey understands that Season 5 has “a big story to tell, and now you have more characters to tell the story,” but “I don’t think I’m misspeaking that the show really does hinge on those three and that relationship between them.”

Has Lucifer considered bringing Death of the Endless (from the comics) to the show? —Jenny
When it comes to introducing characters from the comics, “a lot of it is a timing thing,” writer Mike Costa shared during our recent set visit. “Because the comic is so obviously totally supernatural, we want to be very careful … that we don’t just start throwing everything at the wall.” Case in point: “When Uriel showed up, it was for a very specific reason, and it served a very strong dramatic purpose.” As for Costa’s own personal pick, “I don’t know how we would make [the fallen cherub] Gaudium work, but it would be great if we could figure that out.” Bonus scoop: Around midseason, don’t be surprised if Lucifer returns from a Vegas getaway with an ex-stripper on his arm and bearing his last name!

Pretty pretty please, something about Once Upon a Time? Particularly about Rumbelle? —Valeria
As relayed by yours truly in this week’s Facebook Live edition of “Ask Ausiello,” Once co-creator Adam Horowitz had this to say about the piece I did juxtaposing Disney’s Beauty and the Beast trailer with the sad, sad state of their Storybrooke iterations: “The audience doesn’t know where we’re headed with Belle and Rumple, but no matter how dark things get, the show doesn’t go bleak. It’s still about hope, and it’s always darkest before the dawn.” If you are now thinking, as I am, “Gee, ‘dawn’ then must be right around the corner,” I am hearing the next episode, airing Nov. 27, is in fact quite a game changer for Rumple and/or Belle.

Any scoopburton-mitovich-oth-set for the One Tree Hill faithful on Hilarie Burton’s Lethal Weapon role? —Chris
You’re funny, thinking that just because Hil and I once shared the World’s Most Awkward Slow Dance, I have her on speed di— “I envisioned her as a woman with older brothers,” Burton tells TVLine of her gig as a DEA agent (airing this Wednesday), “someone who is not intimidated by a pack of dudes, but who gets easily frustrated when they start teasing her.” Speaking of said dudes, “I can’t tell you how much I love Damon Wayans. He was incredibly kind to me and I may have geeked out over my ’90s memories of Major Payne and In Living Color. He’s an icon!” she gushes. “And Clayne [Crawford] was so fun to play off of. We were a couple of rowdy Southern kids chasing bad guys!”

Anything on any of the NCIS shows? Your pick. —Deena
Well, I’ve got this: YouTube fashion guru Blair Fowler (aka JuicyStar07) will guest on an upcoming episode as Poppy, a viral star whose meet-and-greet with fans takes such a nasty turn, no less than Sam has to intervene.

I need some Gilmore Girls revival news! —Eric
Because… we have been skimping? Well, prepare to be blown away by the ending, and I’m not simply referring to The FFW. As Lauren Graham told Michael Ausiello, the climax of “Fall” — the closing installment of the four-chapter Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (Netflixing Nov. 25) — revolves around “a magical sequence” that was something of a beast to execute. “We were up until 6 am shooting it,” she notes. “It’s a whole giant sequence and there’s a lot of cool stuff in it.”

Will LenaSupergirl Luthor become a friend or a new threat to Kara/Supergirl? — Fandom Pilipinas
“I mean, should anyone ever trust a Luthor? That’s going to be the looming question,” Melissa Benoist answers. “Lena and Kara have such an awesome relationship — I love the scenes with Katie McGrath, she is awesome and perfect in that part — but I don’t think Kara is ever going to be able to truly know if Lena is being honest, or if she shouldn’t be suspicious of her.” That said, “There is a true friendship there,” she adds, “and a mutual respect.”

Y’all were the first to report that Scandal would have a shortened 16-episode sixth season. However, Shonda Rhimes recently said in her Facebook Live chat that it was 17 or 18 episodes. Can you find out what the official episode order is? —Bevo
An ABC rep confirms that the magic number is, in fact, a sweet 16.

On Chicago Fire, will Antonio and Gabby Dawson’s parents adore Lt. Matthew Casey and Sylvie Brett? —Christopher
“Casey’s been around for four or five years,” executive producer Michael Brandt notes. “We play that he’s got a good relationship with the parents. They, of course, think he’s great because he’s such a stand-up, great guy. But there are some other issues with her parents that are so big that what’s going on with Casey is almost unimportant.”

Any scoop on Chicago P.D.? —Jeannie
Before making the move to Justice, Antonio will seek the advice of his sister Gabby during this Wednesday’s fall finale. “I say, ‘Look, are you going to have better hours?'” previews Monica Raymund. “He goes, ‘Yeah,’ and I say to him, ‘Because this is an opportunity for you to spend more time with your kids.’ I remind him that being on P.D. has taken his time away from his family, so maybe going over to [the D.A.’s office] is a blessing.”

I wouldMacGyver Exclusive Video George Eads like to know more about MacGyver‘s Dalton (played by George Eads). Will there be a Jack-centric episode coming up? —Maria
Right after the new year, the CBS freshman will delve more into Jack’s love life, as we learn just what a stand-up guy he really is.

Can you confirm that The Flash took into consideration that they will be an episode behind Arrow due to the elections? Last season, continuity was off… —Datya
I can double-secret officially confirm that The Flash absolutely took that week off into consideration, and thus there will be no continuity hiccups.

Any new Timeless adventures to tease? —Rebecca
A midseason episode will introduce the team to not just the murderous H.H. Holmes, but also a certain young escape artist of the time….

Real questions, real answers! If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com!  (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Mary says:

And the reason there won’t be any continuity issues with The Flash and Arrow is that the Arrow won’t have a new episode next week because of Thanksgiving. They’re always off the night before.

2. Max says:

Arrow: a story about how the actors would now do a better job writing for their characters than the writers who created said characters. Generally speaking.

3. JE says:

Jack’s “love life”? So we’ll see Amy Acker again? Oh for frak’s sake just give her own show, people. She’s too good to play a potential love interest, stop humiliating poor woman like this.

4. Kelly says:

I hope belle’s son is not the one under the hood and that her son dying or going evil isn’t what fixes rumbelle.too much toxic stuff has gone down fir a quick or magical fix.

5. Wordsmith says:

So, on Timeless, we can now look forward to Lucy being hit on by a roguish Harry Houdini. The show really goes out of its way to throw her into the path of young, eligible historical figures.

6. Pia says:

H. H. Holmes!! I just finished reading The Devil in the White City. Awesome timing.

7. sarah t says:

I agree with Ramsey about Arrow needing to focus more on OTA. though I haven’t minded the newbies so much they just take away from the plot because you have to focus on these individual characters when I think most would probably rather see the Oliver, DIggle and Felicity (along with Thea).

8. Phun says:

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Once a Luthor, always a Luthor. Oh yeah, I see Kara being friends with Lena but I’m sure she will keep her at a distance.

9. Q says:

“Around midseason, don’t be surprised if Lucifer returns from a Vegas getaway with an ex-stripper on his arm and bearing his last name!”
    Well, Lucifer writers, this “twist” getting little bit old, because we seen it in many shows before.
    Chloe get hurt, and she will pay back with some other guy (probably in season 3).
    Season 4 will be getting back in previous friend/partner ship (end S04 we may get something what can looks like date).
    Hope I wrong.
    Because I really want to know ALL Lucifer brothers, sisters, demons….family, and at the end of show, maybe and his father (in someones human body ofcourse).
    So….PLEASE, do not create another soap opera, keep show in tense with Lucifer family, HIS SKILLS, bloody murders, and skip usual twist, and tricks, what usualy ruined many shows before Lucifer.
    Keep doing fun, and soap operas leave to mexicans. ;-)

10. Couch Mom says:

Oh no – say it ain’t so! Lucifer can’t get married. He’s too good looking, too charming, and of course, he’s the devil!

11. Jessica says:

Where is the Lethal Weapon scoop? I am not seeing it. I am really liking that show and have been looking for some teasers!

12. Milo says:

Waaaaat Lucifer is getting hitched….this is going to be fun. Can’t wait.

13. Yeah…why make Lucifer more like it’s comic inspiration when you can just have it be another dumb cop show.

14. keenen says:

Of course they need to focus on Diggle and Oliver. That was always my team, before even Felicity. For me, that is the heart of the show. It was a better show when it was just the two of them, and then the three of them.

15. Lynda says:

SCREW Adam Horowitz and his bullcrap about ‘hoping’ for Rumbelle! I’m sick of hearing that crap from him, and getting my hopes crushed over and over again. They are NEVER going to let Rumple and Belle have any real happiness. I am never watching OUAT, or any show Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis create again, ever. I.AM.DONE.

16. Oncer says:

Nothing can fix Rumbelle any more, the Ship has become toxic and for Belle to go back to Rumple after everything he’s done to her would just make her seem weak, unless he can somehow loose all the darkness and without any chance of getting it back then i dosn’t see why Belle should go back to him.

17. jb says:

On Timeless: Why don’t they just go back and kill Rittenhouse when he was a kid? Or why doesn’t the government go back and kill Flynn when he was a kid? Why isn’t the government building another time machine and training another pilot? Why didn’t Lucy tell anyone what Flynn said about this being about Rittenhouse? In between waiting for Flynn to do something why isn’t the team in a room trying to figure out what Flynn is up to and anticipate his next move? When Lucy and team go back in time why don’t they take one more person that’s been trained to be a pilot. Then that person and Rufus go off and try to find Flynn’s time machine and steal it back?

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Sometimes killing the kid makes the future happen. On a New Twilight Zone episode a woman was sent back in time to kill baby Hitler. So after she killed baby Hitler, Hitler’s father paid a homeless crazy woman for her baby and substituted the crazy woman’s son for the dead baby Hitler. The implication being that this was why Adolph Hitler was a madman and if the real Adolph Hitler had lived he wouldn’t have become a monster.

18. Joe says:

Flash is set to air next Tuesday, and Arrow will be off the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, so it will even out

19. mario says:

Any news on Big Bang Theory renewal for season 11 yet. Many fans are waiting anxiously to hear

20. Katie says:

Oooh, that Timeless episode sounds good! Hoping that means we get to see some of the World’s Fair because that would be awesome!

21. TvPromosClip says:

VH1 Rock Docs presents Soul Train: The Hippest Trip in America. I grew up in the 70s and I want to give this excellent documentary as gifts to at least 6 friends/relatives. I cannot find it for sale anywhere. Any help you can give me on how/where to purchase it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

22. Sandra Adams says:

I was saddened that Iris had to die on series 3 of Flash. Will she be resurrected in another series?