Grey's Sis Is Alive, Right? Romance for TWD's Daryl? Five-0 Not So Stealthy? Legends Being Careless? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Quantico, Jane the Virgin, Arrow and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Was Girl Meets World’s latest episode about binge-watching and entitlement, penned by Danielle Fishel, Season 3’s strongest effort yet? And wasn’t it nice to see Topanga factor into the Riley A-plot for once, rather than designated to an Auggie B-plot?

2 | Coming off MacGvyer’s latest mission, can we call for a moratorium on episodes in which the main character must go undercover in a prison? Or at least drop the tired trope where said hero immediately picks a fight in the yard, to “prove” himself?

tv-qs-blue-bloods3 | On Blue Bloods, wasn’t this Daily News front page positively demure? (Our NYC staff assures you, the real-world version would have been more a la “NYPD Commish: We Screw Up – So What?”)

4 | As Hawaii Five-0‘s McGarrett attempted to surreptitiously spring Doris from a CIA black site (wearing, mind you, no mask of any sort), should he really have been calling her “Ma!” in front of the detained guards?

5 | TVLine reader Teresa said of Saturday Night Live host Benedict Cumberbatch: “They had one of the finest actors in the world, and three out of four sketches were penis-related??” And if Alec Baldwin isn’t interested in impersonating Trump for the next four years, do you think Lorne Michaels will give the gig back to Darrell Hammond or find a fresh talent to take over the role?

Last Week Tonight Jaime Camil6 | Quantico fans: Do we think Harry is telling the truth about that suicide or not?

7 | Was Last Week Tonight’s exposé on pyramid schemes, which clocked in at 32 minutes, a bit too long? Or was it worth it just to see Jane the Virgin’s Jaime Camil show up at the end as “the more attractive version of” John Oliver “in every way”?

8 | On Masters of Sex, isn’t it odd that Bill and Gini’s kids went from having major storyline last season to barely being mentioned this cycle? (Mind you, this is a query, not a complaint.)

9 | How many Walking Dead viewers suspect (as we do) that the show is setting up Negan’s “wife” Sherry as a love interest for Daryl? And how badly did you want a bite of Dwight’s breakfast sandwich?

10 | Does Westworld‘s reveal that the man Ford implied was Arnold was actually a robot made to look like Ford’s father strengthen the Bernard-as-an-android-clone-of-Arnold theory?

11 | Why didn’t Divorce‘s Robert hire divorce attorney Tony Silvercreek earlier in the season, so we could have more evil Dean Winters in our lives?

12 | On Lucifer, how darn lucky a break was it that John Decker’s supposed killer took a photo that fateful night with a clock in the background, confirming his innocence? Also, who knew that Kevin Alejandro was so jacked? (Seems like something Arrow should have tapped into when he played a villain.)

13 | Jane the Virgin viewers, were you ready to pack up and move after learning that the rent on Michael and Jane’s multi-bedroom house was only $2,000/month?

14 | Would sitcomthe-odd-couple-cindy-williams legend Garry Marshall have been more properly paid his due with a full-out tribute special, versus a smattering of Odd Couple cameos and wink-wink-nod-nods?

15 | Stephen Colbert’s live post-election special: a horrible (if understandable) miscalculation, or an amazing real-time chronicle of disappointment?

16 | Why does Arrow‘s Rene aka Wild Dog not seem to possess the same “magical” healing qualities as every other team member? Dude’s been nursing that forehead gash for weeks!

17 | Yes, Designated Survivor instantly confirmed our fear, but still: How ill-advised was it to gather all of the governors in one place for a meeting, thus affording the bad guys a chance to take out another slew of government leaders?!

18 | Are we all in agreement that Grey’s Anatomy cast way too appealing an actress as Owen’s sister — Bridget Regan! — for Megan not to turn up alive and well at some point?

19 | Isn’t it odd that Big Bang Theory‘s Amy wasn’t the least bit titillated/tickled by Sheldon’s over-the-top Casanova act, even if the procreation aspect of it freaked her out a little?

20 | We’ve been loving Legends of Tomorrow, but…. legends-of-tomorrow-stein-jaxHow lax was Ronald Reagan-era White House security that Mick and Ray got into a state dinner with their inconspicuous heat and cold guns? And speaking of tech, why jerry-rig a listening device for the park stakeout when they have access to a futuristic time ship? Also, Stein isn’t familiar with “Doc Brown” but gushes over Star Trek: TNG? And (whew!) lastly, was Martin’s full debriefing of his younger self the show’s most reckless tampering with the timeline yet?

21 | Didn’t the promos for this week’s Pitch basically give away Ginny’s nude photo shoot solution to her hacked selfies problem?

22 | Could either Daily Show correspondent Hasan Minhaj or Michelle Wolf be the answer to Comedy Central’s 11:30 pm hole (assuming @Midnight eventually moves back to, you know, midnight)?

Hit the comments with your answers – and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Clarissa says:

Amy seemed somewhat affected by Sheldon’s act after she left the apartment and was alone in the hallway…

2. HAP says:

#14 I did not see a tribute to him in that episode.

3. Eric says:

19 ) Amy was excited by Sheldons attempt at seduction, her very last scene of the episode she exclaimed Whew! That was close!

4. tallsy says:

13. I’m not saying police are rich, but the money troubles on Jane the Virgin seem farfetched. (Teen Wolf had the same problem a couple years ago – the mother was a nurse and was getting child support/alimony from an FBI Agent!)
    15. Colbert’s election special was surreal.
    17. The Governors on Designated Survivor are stupid. Why not appoint cronies then remove Kirkman Constitutionally?

5. Wordsmith says:

18) I have no doubt that Bridget Regan will turn up as Owen’s sis in the future – alive, but not necessarily “well.”
    When she resurfaces, she’ll either be in dire medical straits or suffering from debilitating psychological issues. I mean, this is Grey’s after all – nobody is ever actually “well.”

• Wordsmith says:

On a separate note, it’s fun that she finally gets to play a redhead. Most people probably assume she’s a natural brunette, but that’s not actually the case…

• Sheila says:

I like her best with her Legend of The Seeker super-dark brunette hair

• Jared S says:

I think she looks great with the dark hair, with her pale skin and blue eyes. She’s so stunning. I love her. I wish someone would wise up and give her her own show. I miss seeing her on a weekly basis. Of course she’s on one thing or another practically every week anyway.

• Jamie says:

I first saw her on Jane the Virgin (where she has stunning read hair), so when I saw her somewhere else with dark brown hair, I was quite annoyed. Glad the red hair is back!

• laia says:

Owen’s sister is dead. She was in a helicopter accident (one which should have been occupied by Nathan, which is why Owen was so mad at him at first).

• Luli says:

Never assume a character on tv is dead… if you haven’t seen a body or an actual scene with the character deqd, it it is not written in stone… So she may be alive.

6. A says:

18. I was thinking the same thing. She seems too well known in TV circles to be a one-off guest actress, especially for a character that has the potential to be as pivotal as Megan Hunt.

• T. says:

I hope she returns, she was best part of this week’s episode

• Grey'sFan says:

Megan can’t show up alive until Nathan/Meredith are an established couple and have already “fought off” Owen’s shock about they’re relationship and Maggie’s anger about being lied to. Neither are major issues and should be dealt with in a handful of episodes. How will Megan/Meredith’s rivalry be different/the same as Meredith/Addison?

7. dancmh says:

16 – Oliver is bogarting his stash of secret island healing herbs until he can save up enough airline miles to pick up a fresh supply or until Amazon starts offering them with Prime shipping.

8. LADY_in_MD says:

I would guess that since Michael is on disability there fore not bringing in a full paycheck and Jane lives off of tips from the Marbella plus has to pay for school and Mateo stuff that maybe $2000 was just too much for them to afford right now
    On another note can’t wait for them to get Anzenka and have Petra and Jane back to being friends!

9. Chris says:

Reagan DID get shot once. A different time, less strict Secret Service.

10. Eran says:

18 – erm… we’re not, actually. Grey’s for one, for all its stunts and shortcomings is not a series to pull a “back from the dead” stunt. If this were Scandal then I would not at all be surprised if she did turn up very much alive but Grey’s latest instalment, if you really think about it, was all about “ghosts” so to speak, with the exception of Stephanie of course. Remember, we did have Jefferey Dean Morgan for a sizeable ghostly arc when Izzie was ill so it may very well be the case here too. Owen could be headed for a breakdown of sorts though I doubt that…
    At any rate, I for one think Megan is very much dead. Amnesia plots and their sort are frankly way beneath Grey’s.

• Larc says:

If I’m recalling correctly, Megan is “assumed” to be dead. No identifiable body was ever found. I think she will not only show up on GA, but sooner instead of later.

• Jared S says:

The helicopter she was in went missing and I believe was never found.

And Eran Grey’s already did an amnesia plot with Ava/Rebecca – the pregnant woman with the messed up face from the ferry boat accident that Alex fell for – back in season three. That was a fairly large plot line that season, so I doubt they’d do it again. Although, it has been ten years and they are in the practice of recycling story every now and then. Never say never.

• Stacy says:

18: YES! My money’s on Meg appearing sometime after Regan’s finished filming The Last Ship…. right when Mer/Riggs are starting something up.

1: Without a doubt, Girl Meets Her Monster was the best this season, and one of the best of the series. I thought it was going to be a filler episode, but I was so impressed with Danielle Fishel’s work.

• Stacy says:

Amnesia plots aren’t below Grey’s though: remember Rebecca, Alex’s patient turned girlfriend?

11. Mike says:

#22:

I’m a fan of Daily Show, have been for years. But to suggest a solid bit of commentary is enough to justify an entire show is…a stretch. Wilmore was funny and had the outrage going but that’s not enough for ratings (clearly).
    Let’s see how Noah and co. respond in the age of Trump…might just be the kick in the pants they needed to rise to the challenge of the former correspondents’ success.

12. Kevin says:

#7 – can’t believe how the latest Last Week Tonight episode extended to more than 30 minutes. BTW, are we ever going to have a question about The Price is Right soon or maybe next week?

13. Georgia Madman says:

15.Colbert’s special was hysterical to me because the joke was on Colbert for once and he wasn’t getting it. I may have to replay it whenever I’m depressed.

14. 18. Is it easier just to count the shows Bridget Regan hasn’t appeared on
    19. Did you watch the entire episode?

15. Leeann... :) says:

#19: Uh… were you watching the same episode as the rest of us?

16. Katherine215 says:

21. Sure, it gave it away a bit, but I didn’t know half her team would show up to support her. You could tell how much that meant to her.

17. Amanda says:

#5 – Darrell Hammond should go back to being Trump.

• Kevin says:

IKR but I’m bummed about SNL dumping Taran Killam even though he was great as Donald Trump. What other male cast member from this season should take over as Trump besides Alec Baldwin (we know he’s not a cast member).

18. PJ says:

Should I read into the last episode titled Goodbye for GMW? Is this fantastic series not being renewed?

19. Tom says:

~
    I think Minhaj is needed right now.

20. N!loofar says:

#11 I love Dean Winters, i hope the vulture returns to Brooklyn 99.

21. Mommaknowsbest says:

17. I thought the same thing!!

22. Cranky says:

#14 I enjoyed the episode. And at least they did something, as opposed to the nothing I’ve seen everywhere else.

23. Jim says:

#20 No, Sara telling Dahrk that his entire plan is doomed to fail was the most reckless tampering of the timeline. Now he’s off to do even more harm.

• lrdslvrhnd says:

It was the telling him specifically when he fails that was reckless, IMHO. A simple “I’m from the future, and I know how your story ends. I know how you fail. I know how you die.” would have sufficed. But the whole bit about the ark was too much. Without that, he’d spend the rest of his days going “Is this it, is this the mistake I make?” Instead he’ll be going ‘Well, I haven’t really begun put the Ark plan into place yet, so I’m still good to go,” followed by “OK, the Ark is getting close to complete, time to double down on paranoid carefulness!”

24. lrdslvrhnd says:

1) Yeah, loved that Topanga actually had a main part for a change. Poor Auggie, though. “Am I not enough?” “Noooooooooo.”
    Also, I was totally waiting for somebody to point out that Cory bought Maya her phone when Topanga took it away. “You can do dis?” “My husband paid for it, so yes!”
    17) At least they didn’t have months (years?) to pan a bomb, knowing the exact day and time waaaaay ahead of schedule to plant another series of bombs, but I’d still think they’d pick someplace semi-randomly that was already secure, and secretly secure it, and not tell anyone including the governors where it is. 2-3 Secret Service agents picking up governors with a sealed envelope that isn’t opened until they’re in the car with several governors at a time. At least they weren’t putting them all up at the same hotel.
    18) I’ve been saying since we found out last year that whassisface dated Owen’s sister and she was dead, that she’d turn up alive at some point. I figured in the season finale last year, but guess not. Still think it’ll happen, especially since nobody’s ever actually seen the body.
    19) Amy sure seemed titillated at the end. She was clearly just masking it (well, maybe not the first time he suggested it, when she was too shocked to be tickled). Kinda surprised Sheldon didn’t clarify that he meant artificial insemination rather than the old-fashioned messy way.
    20) Yeah, I’ve been trying to figure out where they were hiding their guns. Although the crowd in the reception room clearly thought they were being threatened with Super Soakers, so maybe so did security. I mean, they don’t actually *look* like real guns. Also, it’s always bugged me how nobody ever seems to care about how much they mess up history by killing all the random grunts that they do every week. One of these grunts could be the great-grandfather of the next Einstein!

25. Jay says:

9. Daryl and Sherry? I did not see that at all. Has that been hinted at? I highly doubt that will happen. Sherry slept with both Dwight and Negan, both of which are surely at the very top of Daryl’s shit list. As tolerant and non-judgmental Daryl is, I doubt that he would get involved with Sherry, knowing her past with those men. Seriously TVLine, what did you see there, that I didn’t? I’m curious.

26. Sheldon W. says:

Here’s a question for you: did MacGyver just turn The A-Team’s Howlin’ Mad Murdoch into an international assassin?

27. Ali says:

Regarding TWD and Daryl possibly getting into some romantic type of relationship with Sherry….I keep holding out hope that Beth is really alive. No funeral, grave, group memorial for her so it would be a huge surprise if she somehow was found and got back with Daryl to finish what they obviously started.

As for Sherry…..meh…..we’ll see, she’s kind of been around the block too much… But Daryl does need some love. The poor guy is overdue for some love in the crappy apocalyptic mess he’s in.

28. Do not want Daryl and Sherry. Let the woman reunite with her husband whom she obviously still loves. And give me Daryl/Rosita.

29. 20. I think Sara’s speech to Damien Dahrk about how he meets his fate — thus giving him motivation to time-travel and try to stop it — will prove to be a much bigger mistake than Martin Stein’s pulling a Mr. Spock and conferring with his younger self.

30. PatriciaLee says:

3. More a positively 1920’s Toronto, whereby a real NYC headline would be saying, “Don’t dump your messes on us, AG.” 4. Good catch, and there is a sheepish screenwriter reading this, I bet. 5. A different comedian each time would be fun. 12. Wouldn’t the photo-taking time have been recorded by the phone, company and/or software, anyway? I took the clock in the picture as a linking visual for the watching brains. (no putdown here, just visual art and psych facts) Kevin Alejandro’s visuals did pleasantly shock me, balancing out his horrid haircut, lately. 17. Hey, if you have a good plot device, keep using it, I guess. Isn’t that what they learned from 24? (which I stopped watching when they killed off the wife…still bummed about that. They had better not kill off this wife.) 20. They walked in without the guns. I re-watched the scene and assume they hid them in a time pocket, until needed. Hey, I can go with that. TNG was always intellectual candy, so I get it. No embarrassment. The debriefing…maybe Jefferson rubbed off on him?