The Flash -- "Rogue Time"-- Image FLA116B_0232b -- Pictured: Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold -- Photo: Dean Buscher/The CW -- © 2015 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.

Legends Schedules Leonard Snart's 'Return,' Plus Arrow Episode 100 News

Dearly departed antihero Leonard Snart will “return” to Legends of Tomorrow in The CW sophomore’s midseason finale, it was revealed on Tuesday at a press event.

As previously reported, the iconic and nefarious Legion of Doom will vex the Legends (as well as the JSA) this season, populated by the already revealed Damien Darhk and Eobard Thawne aka Reverse-Flash (played by Neal McDonough and Matt Letscher), along with Snart’s Captain Cold alter ego and longtime Arrow frenemy Malcolm Merlyn (who also makes his Legends debut in Episode 8).

Played by Wentworth Miller, who now has a series regular deal across all of The CW’s superhero shows, Snart famously sacrificed his life late in Legends Season 1, so the Captain Cold we meet as part of the Legion of Doom likely is some other, earlier incarnation.

Speaking of the DC TV universe’s Big Bads, it was also confirmed that Arrow’s 100th episode — which marks Part 3 of the CW hero series’ four-way crossover event — will feature both Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn, among the many other (and sometimes improbably) returning faces, which include Moira Queen, Deathstroke and Laurel Lance.

“Everyone who we could have in the episode from a scheduling point of view is in the episode,” says showrunner Marc Guggenheim. “Even the people that we couldn’t have, because of conflicting schedules, are represented.” (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Lola says:

This makes me happy. I love Snart.

2. Mary says:

So Tommy will be in episode 100 in some way then. That’s going to be a very busy hour since it’s part of their mega-crossover.

• Nicholas aka Nicky says:

Well idk if that episode fits his character but I would like to see Colin Donnell reprise his role. He’s such a great actor and sexy stud which is why I watch him every week on Chicago Med!

3. Nicky says:

This is going to be an episode with a lot of “Special Guest Stars” with not a lot of “Guest Stars”!!! I do NOT want to see Susanna Thompson (Moira) billed as a “Guest Star”

4. ndixit says:

No. The Supergirl ep is not part of the crossover but I believe at the end of the Supergirl ep, she will crossover into the Arrowverse and the story begins starting with The Flash. They have said that it’s a three part story.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

There is alas no “simple” and quick way to denote it in passing, but yes – the very end of Supergirl starts the storyline but it actually unfolds on the three other shows.

• yvonne says:

Supergirl eps 9 tittle ‘supergirl lives’ maybe it connected too this fourway crossover,in the end maybe SG sacrifice herself *just my opinion*. im starting too watch Legends again and give this show a chance.

5. kate says:

That makes sense (and calms my worry that they might be moving too fast) and that Legends should have the heart breaking kind of onus to carry over the break just because everyone else should be able to return to what they always had been doing and I can imagine that will be hitting Sara and Rory particularly hard.

6. stacy030 says:

Awesome!! Now i know when to pay attention to the show again.

But, wasn’t season 2 only given 13 episodes? And with the low ratings and how expensive the show is to make, do you think it will actually get more episodes?

• 13 episodes were ordered, with an option for a “back nine.” Hopefully the show will get it. It’s not the lowest-rated of the shows on CW this fall (even though it’s the lowest-rated of the DC shows), and from what I’ve been seeing, the year-to-year audience drop for LoT isn’t as severe as for “Arrow” and “Supergirl.” If they can hold (or maybe though not likely IMPROVE) their numbers over the coming weeks, it improves the chances for that back nine.

Pay attention now… it matters! :-)

• stacy030 says:

I have it on, it’s just currently at “in the background while I look at my phone” status. I admit that the premier was kinda of. But, it did agravated me that Snart wasn’t even mentioned. (Unless I missed it). I get they need to show that it will work just fine without him, but one little mention would have been nice.

Heck, I would have been happy if they showed that Mick was acting slightly different now. To show that losing a friend he knew from childhood slightly impacted him. But, he seemed exactly the same.

7. Joey Padron says:

Great news Leanard Snart will make his return to the show in midseason finale. Excited to see him back on the show and on The Flash in next week’s episode!