John Oliver Slams Trump's 'Hug Pimp' Billy Bush: 'F--- That Guy'

On Sunday’s Last Week Tonight, host John Oliver took direct, expletive aim at suspended Today co-anchor Billy Bush for the starring role he played in the Trump Tape scandal.

“Incidentally, f– Billy Bush,” Oliver seethed. “F— that guy. F— him. F— him. Not just for laughing along. But for doing this once they got off the bus.”

Oliver then rolled the circa-2005 clip of then-Access Hollywood host Bush pressuring Days of Our Lives star Arianne Zucker, who was on the receiving end of Bush and Trump’s lewd comments, into hugging both of them.

“It’s gross enough that he’s serving as Trump’s hug pimp,” Oliver continued. “But let’s not gloss over the fact that he just said, ‘How about a little hug for the Bushy,’ a phrase that, if it’s not already, should really be a felony offense in all 50 states.”

Bush, who on Sunday was suspended from the Today show “pending further review,” issued a statement on Friday saying he was “embarrassed and ashamed” about his conduct in the tape. “It’s no excuse, but this happened eleven years ago – I was younger, less mature, and acted foolishly in playing along. I’m very sorry.”

Press PLAY above to watch Oliver’s complete segment, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Collette says:

If Bill Clinton could survive a knob job from a young girl in the oval office, I wouldn’t sweat some crudity between guys who thought they were alone.

• Mark says:

First, you need to learn about consent. Trump was talking about grabbing genitals without consent, which is a felony, and just generally a horrible thing to do, much less brag about doing.

Second, “I thought you’d never know about this horrible thing I did,” isn’t an excuse. It’s actually shameful that it was in private because it’s how Trump truly feels.

Third, it’s just one more example of a long string of sexist comments from the man. If it was just this one incident, and if he was contrite about it (neither of which are true), we’d be having a different discussion.

• Mark says:

And Fourth, Bill Clinton is not running for office. It might interest you to learn that the Constitution prohibits a person from being elected to a third term, so you can rest easy that Bill Clinton is not and never will be on the ballot again.

• Collette says:

BC isn’t running for office, but the woman who stayed with him for power and position and vilified the his victims is. Go back and see what she said about Paula Jones, Gennifer Flowers, Monica Lewinsky and the mothers of his illegitimate children. Let’s talk about adjustable ethics.

• Pot meet kettle says:

Donald Trump: “These people are just, I don’t know, where he met them – where he found them,” Trump continued. “But the whole group — it’s truly an unattractive cast of characters. Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, I mean, this woman, I watch her on television. She is so bad. The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it’s just a really unattractive group. I’m not just talking about physical.”

• Andrea says:

@Mark, you’re proving the point that Collette is making. I agree that what Trump said is disgusting, inappropriate, and gross, but you can’t say that Bill Clinton isn’t relevant to this conversation. Hillary Clinton maintained a marriage with Bill through a series of indiscretions over a number of years of which the country was well aware. I’m a Democrat, and I admit that. For Hillary to say NOW, when she has the most to gain politically, that Trump is disgusting and this suggests how he treats women. It probably does, but funny how we didn’t hear any of that come out of her mouth about Bill when a divorce might have damaged a future political career?

• Mark says:

@Andrea, it’s not just now. It’s not just one comment. He’s said lots of sexist things and been attacked for it by Hillary and by others.

If you’re mad at Hillary for standing by a cheater, you must hate Trump, himself a proud and habitual cheater.

• Andrea says:

@Mark, what people don’t seem to be understanding is that it’s not an either/or situation. I do think Trump is disgusting, but I also think Hillary is a raging hypocrite on this issue given her history with Bill. I’m not going to elevate her just because he’d terrible. He can be terrible, she can be crappy. For some, the fear of Trump is enough to make them vote for Hillary. Those people and those who really like her are very likely to get her elected. I can’t vote for someone I don’t like or someone I don’t trust, which makes the third party likely where I’ll land.

• Mark says:

It’s great that you don’t like it when candidates say horrible things about women. Trump has as long history of saying horrible things about not only, women, but also, Mexicans, Muslims, African-Americans, and generally anyone who is different from him. In fact, Trump was sanctioned for racist housing practices. If you hate words, you must really be mad about actions!

• Collette says:

At least there’s no doubt about who he is. Hillary is still a one-eyed Jack to a lot of voters who don’t look below the surface. I don’t care if he’s vulgar, I care about not letting Hillary be the one to appoint the next Supreme Court justices and letting in a gazillion refugees.

• sportylady says:

Prove that Hillary only stayed with Bill for power. Go on. I guess they could have done the easy thing and divorced, rather than working on their marriage. I thought that’s what you Christians demand?

• Literati says:

#1- when you have a microphone clipped to your lapel, why would you think it was functioning- duh? But, since you didn’t, #2 why would you attempt to hide who you really are and how you think? While Donald wants to run against Bill’s morality, and displayed some of his past conquests, anyone who thinks there won’t be some of Trumps turning up, is not paying attention.

2. Mr. Smith says:

In case no one understands the “F” word, what John Oliver is saying is, “Have sex with Billy Bush.” How is that any different than what Trump or Bush said?

• Big Mike says:

So then, you’re not aware that the same word can have multiple meanings?

• Mark says:

I’m surprised that you don’t understand that the F-word is frequently an insult. It is rarely an invitation when screamed in outrage.

• Patrick says:

The mental gymnastics done by Drumph supporters are truly sad. Ask even the most ardent HRC supporter, and they’ll will freely admit that HRC handled the email thing wrong. We acknowledge her mistakes and weaknesses. Drumph’s pack of sycophants refuse to acknowledge even his most glaringly mistakes. It is laughable.

• John Corbae says:

Seriously? You’re that culturally ignorant and stupid?

• TheDuck says:

First off, it’s meant as an insult, not a come-on. Secondly, it’s comedy/commentary, not an admission of sexual assault. Please tell me you’re just being sarcastic…

3. peterwdawson says:

At least Billy Bush has the concept of shame.

• JScout says:

Does he?

• peterwdawson says:

He did apologize and it seemed more legit. I still wouldn’t accept it and move on because this far from the only horrible thing he’s gone along with/encouraged over his many years working, and of course the comments in this incident were horrible, but he did still at least offer a sincere apology. Being sorry is not enough, but compared to similar incidents, including some with Trump, that is at least worth acknowledging.

• Stacy says:

He offered an apology. I don’t know that I believe, and it certainly can’t be proven, that it was sincere. I think he’s sincerely sorry the public knows about it, but that’s not the same thing.
          Honestly, if he had said he used to treat people poorly and not treat women with the respect they deserve, then I would believe that. Apologizing by claiming you were younger 11 years ago – in his 30s – and foolish just doesn’t cut it for me.

4. Martin Jackson says:

I miss Jon Stewart.
    I stopped watching The Daily Show after he left.
    Sad day.

5. Amanda says:

How bout a lil hug for the bushy.. sounds like a creepy short guy line

6. John Corbae says:

When I first heard snippets from the video, I felt a bit sorry for Bush. You can be in a situation where the big guy is making really terrible things and you being the little guy (Bushie?) your responses are very limited. Do you correct them, chastise them and possibly never work again? Or do you go along and hope it ends soon? Now, I am thinking Bush is living up to his heritage and is just as big dickwad as the rest of his family.

• Stacy says:

It would be sad and pathetic if he had just laughed awkwardly along, but I also get that he’s essentially customer service for famous people. He does seem like a dickwad. Trying to get the girl to hug Donald after their conversation? Ugh. Squick.

7. Chris says:

Love the “pivot” comments here. Come on people. This is an entertainment story about Billy Bush, who is an annoying TV personality getting ripped on by John Oliver. I personally think this is funny. All those other stuff you can talk about on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.

8. Doug Schram says:

Let’s not forget that George H.W. Bush is Billy’s Uncle George and Uncle George just said he is voting for Hillary. I can’t imagine that in 11 years of family BBQs and picknicks or holiday gatherings, that the subject never came up. Still wondering who spilled the beans and scooped NBC? Billy said that he was much younger and immature at 33 years old. Some guys never grow up Billy. Now it’s time to man up.

9. ObiRynDenobi says:

The deal with the devil Republicans made when Reagan brought the bigot right wing of religious fanatics into mainstream politics may have won them a few elections, but now has become a poison pill for every Republican in the country! Good! They deserve it!!

10. sherry dmitrenak says:

How about hillarys potty mouth she uses the F bimb quite frequent not even necessary or lady like she speaks this way to staff security pilots ect. So is this acceptable??? Anything she does seems to be acceptable alot of lies and scandals gsve you counted them ??? Shes affected our National security so lets just elect her for four more yrs of bull crap!

11. Daisy Masminster says:

Why have they waited 11 years to do anything about what was said. Oh I know, mnow they can mqke a big to-do about it. Why did they not suspened him 11 years ago if they were all that upset about what he said. Oh I know, Trump was not running for President againt a women.
    Give me a break, if it was that big a deal, do it when it happens not when they can get a sound bite about it and use it for as propaganda in an election year.

12. Paula says:

Billy Bush is a pig. His family must be so proud. Ugh. Bush and Trump are two of a kind. Vile and despicable!

13. Linda says:

NBC makes me want to vomit. Must have made the “Hill” mad. Billy Bush? From 11 years ago? Poor judgement? Yes. But didn’t deserve termination. NBC you Idiots!