Arianne Zucker Breaks Silence in Wake of Trump Tape Scandal: 'The Words of Others Cannot Affect My Self Worth'

The woman at the center of Donald Trump’s latest campaign scandal is breaking her silence.

Days of Our Lives actress Arianne Zucker, who was on the receiving end of Trump and Billy Bush’s offensive, lewd language in that newly-uncovered 2005 Access Hollywood video, released the following statement on social media:

My name is Arianne (R-E-on) ZUCKER (Zooker) and I am a strong, independent, hard working mother, business woman and partner to a great man. I have grown to learn that the words of others cannot affect the value of my self worth or define the content of my character. How we treat one another, whether behind closed doors, locker rooms or face to face, should be done with kindness, dignity and respect. Unfortunately, there are too many people in power who abuse their position and disregard these simple principles and are rewarded for it. In understanding the magnitude of this situation, I choose to stand tall with self respect and use my voice to enrich, inspire and elevate the best of who we are as people.

In the unearthed video, Trump’s microphone picked up his conversation with then-host Bush as they arrived at the Days set, where Trump was scheduled to shoot a guest appearance. Both men marvel at Zucker, with Bush noting that Trump’s “girl” is “hot as s–t.”

On Saturday, former Access Hollywood host Nancy O’Dell — who was also objectified by Trump and Bush in the clip — released her own statement, saying, “No female, no person, should be the subject of such crass comments, whether or not cameras are rolling. Everyone deserves respect.”

Both Trump and Bush have since released separate apologies. SNL, meanwhile, led off Saturday’s telecast with a parody of the controversy.

1. Anne Normandin says:

Congrats to her, nobody could have said it better. How eloquent.

2. Joey says:

Took the high road. Gold for her. I don’t watch Days anymore but she was always great to watch.

3. Barbara Goodman says:

Bravo

4. Carol Pettit says:

Good for you. . . no person should endure that profanity from any on.e. We are all God’s children

5. The Author says:

Arianne is my favorite actress on Days. I had a feeling she would take the high road and be as classy as she always is!

6. Charissa29 says:

True! Good for her! We just need to model that self-respect for young girls.

7. Rheinmeister says:

Nicole and Chad are the only reason that I watch Days. Good for her for taking the high road and being a classy lady.

8. Alec says:

This man will never be president. Amen.

9. Doufas Gowk says:

Me and my wife still sport Donald Trump for President come Hell or High Water. He is the best qualified businessman to run America and pervent it from becoming a third rait nation. Any person who has lost billions and billions of dollars certainly will never make the same misteakes again. Besides, that we really appreciate the entertainment value of Donald when he kids women about being lewd sex objects. You can tell that Donald is only kidding by the way he conducts hisself beyond morale reproach in other matters. My wife and me kid each other all the time about lewdness and sex. We think this sets a good example to our children to learn to respect each other when we demean them. That way, we make them tough and incalculate true American values like oneness of thought and deadication to fighting against Obama and any other president who wasn’t born in the good ole USA.
    Everyone should take this to hart.

• Aeol says:

You know he’s filed for bankruptcy SIX times, right? It wasn’t just a one-off. Hope you don’t talk to your co-workers like that, or accept your wife’s co-workers speaking like that. Not very professional of a “top businessman.”

• Dex says:

Donald Trump NEVER filed for bankruptcy. His corporations did. Why don’t Americans understand the difference! I’m a business owner. I’ve taken business losses. However personally, I’m doing very well. Bankruptcy is a tool to manage a businesses finances when outside elements beyond your control effect your company. Every American has access to bankruptcy. Millions of Americans filed during this last real estate and economic downturn. One, if not more, of your neighbors probably dd. It doesn’t make them the devil. If people don’t like bankruptcy laws — change them. How about the tens of millions of foreclosures and short sales? Those happened because of ignorance and greed. A businesses bankruptcy is nt about greed. Period.

• Collette says:

You’re responding to a troll. Look at the name of the poster.

• H says:

Here here! Obama was born In Kenya

• ScottJ says:

That comment can’t possibly be serious. The spelling mistakes for one are clearly fabricated. They aren’t the standard mistakes for any of the words that are wrong.

• Steven says:

You have truly been brainwashed and are beyond help. I’m so sorry for you.

• Curly Girly says:

I’m thinking this poster (Doufas Gowk) is being facetious and is making fun of Trump supporters (or “sporters”). I mean look at the number of misspellings! LOL

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion,however this man is proud he has avoided paying Federal taxes for almost 2 decades. He is rude and disrespectful to many people. So he is not exactly Presidential.

• Tremaine says:

If I were your wife I would leave your disrespectful behind this shows that if you agree and tolerate a man speaking about any woman in that manner simply means you don’t respect the women in your life.

10. Aeol says:

Such a cheesy statement. Seems like a discarded Beyoncé or T Swift song.

11. Genie Devine' says:

If you are a REAL woman you do not LET a man talk to you or about you that way! Also, you don’t dwell on it…MTFO! Shut up and move on! Same as Trump bringing up Bill Clinton’s past behavior…HE isn’t his opponent…Killary is! Run an honest campaign and stand by your platform!!! STFU about each other’s past personal bad behaviors and focus on what you plan to do for our country NOW! JUST BEHAVE!

12. The women show true class

13. ObiRynDenobi says:

Clearly the piece of meat in the middle is the one with the brain!

14. Peggy Rondeau says:

I don’t understand why Billy bush was fired and he only laughed he was young and stupid and probably just so enamored Buy Trump and just went along with it but yet Trump still gets to run for president the highest job you could possibly get are we going to trust him hell no I don’t agree with either one of them they are both disgusting what Billy Bush should not lose his job while bush gets to be president this does not make any sense to me Peggy Rondeau Leicester Ma