Suits Harvey/Donna

Should Suits Rule in Favor of 'Darvey'? Horror Cameo for Gaga? AGT Age Limit? Last Ship Time-Travel? And More Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Last Ship, Dancing With the Stars, Suits and American Horror Story!

1 | How did Quarry‘s Mac expect to surprise his wife, if his and Arthur’s plane landing was all over the news? Also, is holding a super-secret, highly illegal meeting in an extremely echo-y quarry a good idea?Masters of Sex

2 | Masters of Sex fans, what’s the over/under on how long Virginia and Dan’s marriage is going to last?

3 | How did The Last Ship‘s Chandler get from the docked ship in San Diego to the St. Louis airstrip sooooo seemingly quickly? And once there, could they have not found a bigger jet, where the actors didn’t have to be hunched over during an intense showdown?

4 | On Fear the Walking Dead, how awesomely straight out of the Rick Grimes Playbook was Alicia’s daring plan to march the walkers off the pier?

5 | After BrainDead‘s Red killed Ella, why didn’t anyone seem to notice or care that she had vanished from the Senate — especially after she missed the crucial vote on the budget?

6 | Is American Ninja Warrior making the final stages too difficult? (That double wedge, where you have to keep a tension bar perfectly even as you progress through the obstacle, was a new level of sadism, yes?) Wouldn’t the finale have been more gratifying if more competitors had advanced further? Lastly, anytime a Warrior shakes out his/her hands before braving an obstacle, isn’t it pretty much a given they’ll hit the water?

dwts-security-tackle7 | Of all the issues to draw attention to on live TV in a year that includes a hotly contested presidential election, the Dancing With the Stars protestors chose to highlight… Ryan Lochte’s Rio ridiculousness? And didn’t it seem awfully easy for them to not only get inside the studio, but then to also get seats so close to the stage and actually rush it? On a different note, did Vanilla Ice start off his run with “Ice, Ice Baby” because he knows he won’t be around for very long?

8 | On Halt and Catch Fire, are we supposed to assume Joe’s HIV test came back negative just because he laughed when he got off the phone? Couldn’t that response be construed as a misdirect and his laughter maniacal, given how emotionally unstable the character has proven to be in the past?

9 | Regardless of whether you agree with America’s Got Talent’s latest winner, does the outcome raise an issue: Should a minimum age limit be in place, seeing as 12-year-old Grace VanderWaal’s prize includes a booking in Sin City?

10 | Do we all agree that Luke Mitchell’s Blindspot character could kick the superpowered butts of both Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Lincoln and The Tomorrow People‘s John?

11 | After their “intimate” moment during the summer finale, does Suits need to stop deliberating and just go there with Harvey and Donna?

12 | Has Season 2 of any show dared a borderline fan to keep watching more than Mr. Robot? (Were we supposed to take the magic mushrooms before this week’s episode started, or after?)

13 | On You’re the Worst, wasn’t Jimmy’s cruise gift for Gretchen surprisingly thoughtful? And which mashup exercise/binge-watching class do you want to try out?

14 | TV minutiae alert! On American Horror Story: Roanoke, do you think Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Angela Bassett are simply playing Shelby, Matt and Lee… or are they playing actors whoAmerican Horror Story Roanoke Lady Gaga are playing Shelby, Matt and Lee? Which part of Roanoke was freakier — that glimpse of Seinfeld’s pigman or the sight of American Crime Story’s O.J. and Marcia knocking boots? And is that Lady Gaga standing behind Kathy Bates in the Season 6 trailer? (Props to TVLine reader BriDesi for drawing our attention to that theory.)

15 | How late did the South Park guys have to work to fit both Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest and the Matt Lauer/Donald Trump interview into this Wednesday’s premiere?

16 | For those familiar with New York City geography, did Beauty and the Beast goof in establishing that Braxton’s getaway jet was located “45 minutes west” of the Queensboro Bridge? (Why would he subject himself to all that traffic, getting across/around Manhattan?)

17 | No one expected Jimmy Fallon to come at Donald Trump hard-hitting questions, but couldn’t he have at least asked him something, rather than thank him for months of material? And wouldn’t you have loved it if Tonight Show lead-out Late Night With Seth Meyers was able to follow up on the widely panned sit-down with a new “Really!? With Seth and Amy”?

18 | Has the multi-stage reveal of Emmy presenters ever made a lick of difference in whether you will tune in or not?

19 | Is it time to dial down on the Stranger Things spoofs involving the actual cast? How are we to take Eleven seriously in Season 2 if we saw her mind-nuke a burrito for Colbert?

20 | Does John Stamos’ 1980s-set soap opera drama sound similar to this TV show being developed by fellow General Hospital alum Kimberly McCullough?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Katherine215 says:

3. It’s like a 4 hour flight from San Diego to St. Louis. I think they could have done a better job of implying time had passed with a quick shot of the rest of the mini teams assembling or something, but it wasn’t that strange.
    10. Ramon seems slightly crazy and that apparently outweighs super powers.
    11. Yes. They should have gone there seasons ago.

2. tallsy says:

2. On Masters of Sex, Virginia and Dan’s marriage is already over they just don’t know it…like the show itself.
    7. DWTS security should be on a high alert just because it’s live TV.
    12. Mr. Robot and unReal are in a close race for biggest sophomore slump.
    14. On AHS, my understanding is Gooding/Paulson are actors, but there could be a twist.
    20. The was also Josh Duhamel’s soap within a soap a couple years ago.

3. sarah t says:

11. Yes for Darvey, finally. Even though Aaron Korsh will probably just tell us that it’s “up to viewers interpretation” even if they decide to do something as dramatic as move in together.

4. 12- So you’re saying I should go ahead and delete season 2 of Mr. Robot off my dvr?

• Daisy says:

I wouldn’t. There are some truly spectacular moments this season, peppered with some non-exciting bits.

• Jec says:

Season 2 is really good though. I don’t get the hate. Yes it’s slow but I’m enjoying it thoroughly. I highly doubt it’s a sophomore slump

• PatriciaLee says:

Absolutely not! I didn’t think I would like it, as it went on, but I couldn’t stop watching it. Now, it is coming together in a fun way…so far. You know the agony.

• Thanks for the input! I wasn’t as wowed by season one as the rest of the viewing world was, so I had decided not to watch season two. Curiosity got the better of me, so I started recording season two, but I haven’t watched anything yet.

5. Nerdbot says:

11) Please don’t. I love both characters, they are both equally awesome and they are perfect as friends, so, please keep them that way. I’d hate to see them as a couple and then being unable to separate work from love and then fight all the time. Scottie was a fine match for Harvey, but we have yet to see a guy worthy of Donna. Actually, she would be a pretty good lesbian… or bisexual, like Mistresses’ Joss. Just sayin’.

• Daisy says:

Seconded.

• Rheinmeister says:

Third. I get that they have a deep relationship but romantic….I still say Donna is Money Penny to Harvey. I think Harvey is finally getting over some of his demons and the fact that he allowed her in at the end of the episode is great but taking it any further doesn’t do it for me. Each to their own – I think Aaron Korsh would go with someone else and if the show does end next season and Abigail Spencer’s show is a hit it might make it virtually impossible for her to come back and for them to put Harvey and her together.

• Ceee says:

Sorry, your comment really makes no sense for me. I want Darvey to get together for so many reasons, but i understand if people don’t feel the same, but you basically said that Donna/Harvey wouldn’t work because they would fight all the time about personal/private matters…. That’s basically describing the whole Scottie/Harvey relationship. And then you say Scottie was a fine match for him? Really makes no sense, sorry. I think Scottie and Harvey were actually toxic, they were cute and they had history but that was it, they never trusted each other, and they always brought the worst in the other. Donna and Harvey have a deep connection, and it’s not just a friendship. I understand if you don’t like the idea, i really do, but their connection is undeniable, and it’s not just about support or work. They slept together, and they almost slept together again 2 seasons ago, and the show made pretty clear that the reason why they didn’t was… Harvey. And his emotional block. So no, their friendship phase is gone and if the show won’t go there, it will be a joke.
      So Number 11 YES. it’s time to go there.

• annnahatcher says:

Absolutely agree. To even compare darvey to a platonic relationship at this point is freaking crazy. They are anything but that. And ITS HAPPENING *_*
        Besides- not surprised that people who are stuck with the idea of scottie / harvey or even more ridiculous mike / harvey try to justify it with friendship. They could sleep together and they would say it’s platonic. When we all know its not.

Excited for 6b!

6. annnahatcher says:

11- that shouldn’t even be a question anymore @aaronkorsh. I think that Harvey has grown so much in the past season and Donna tried a relationship with “the perfect guy” but “he wasnt the one for her” (her words!) & they are both starting to learn and accept.
    Now he let her in, let his walls down yet again AND more significantly than ever. So yes, my answer is a million times YES. it’s TIME. Let them (and thousands of people who are waiting for it lol) BE HAPPY.

7. Spence says:

#14: I thought everyone knew that was Gaga in that moment… It’s pretty clearly her, and I’m excited to see her unleash her creepy/demented side!

8. Lindsay says:

9. She won a three night booking, not a residency. She’ll do her three nights and go back to school (if her parents aren’t idiots)

• maltru says:

Even if she had won a residency versus a short booking, plenty of children live and grow up in Las Vegas- it’s not like everyone who lives there spends all their time in some kind of hedonistic orgy! There are schools and parks and really, once you’re away from the strip or Fremont Street, it’s just your average city. She could do her show at a reasonable hour (which for a 12 year old, could still be a good time slot- 8 or 9 pm), go home, get some sleep, and go to school the next day!

9. 6. The Japanese version always made the course harder after there was a winner the previous time, so I’m not surprised to see American Ninja Warrior follow suit.
    14. Personally I think it’s the latter, mainly because I’ve been theorizing that at some point during the season the cast and crew of ‘My Roanoke Nightmare’ will actually be dealing with this stuff (i.e. things will start to go wrong while filming the re-enactment scenes). Otherwise I think the whole documentary motif would be a bit of a waste.

10. Luis Roman says:

16. It should have been 45 minutes east, but isn’t 45 minutes an oddly specific amount of time in that context?

11. 11. YES YES YES IT’S TIME #darvey #suits

12. HAP says:

Can anyone explain to me why so many people watch DWTS?

13. Max says:

#6 – Yes! And it seems they made the obstacles so difficult so they wouldn’t have to give out that million dollar paycheck. I knew they were cheap when they refused to award both contestants last year who finished the course.

#9 – I’d be ok with he minimum age of 17 to compete as long as they turn 18 by last day of filming.

#12 – I’m over Mr. Robot. I’ll watch the finale, then delete the scheduled DVR programming for next season.

#18 – Makes no difference at all. The prizes are what’s important, not the presenters.

• Patrick says:

Mr. Robot worked great in S1. Perhaps it should have remained a single season show. Everyone fantasizes about taking down a big company, but there is a reason that governments all over the world bailed out big banks. When a huge instrument like that fails, it takes down the whole country. In theory, taking down EVIL corp seemed like a good idea. Seeing the aftermath, people suffering, brown outs, etc, is a bummer. Add in slow plot, and you have a recipe for disaster. It should have ended with S1.

14. Imzadi says:

11. Definitely yes. I refuse to use any name mashup but Harvey & Donna all the way.

15. Courtney says:

Masters of Sex: My theory is they aren’t married at all. I believe Virginia is lying to save face and all her lies will catch up to her when Dan’said wife Alice reappears in Episode 3! Hold onto your hats when that happens!

16. Tom says:

~
    CONSPIRACY THEORY! PUBLICITY STUNT! IT WAS STAGED! Ok so I can’t prove it I’m just having fun.
    ~
    ~
    Somebody needed to kick Lincoln’s butt. Glad to be rid of him.
    ~
    15 | How late did the South Park guys have to work to fit both Colin Kaepernick’s national anthem protest and the Matt Lauer/Donald Drumpf interview into this Wednesday’s premiere?
    ~
    They do some pretty amazing things, Six Days To Air was a rather interesting watch
    ~
    ~
    I’m not entirely clear what the point of it was

17. Jen says:

11. Yes. Should have gone there a few seasons ago.

18. Serviver says:

You forgot #21. Exactly how far downhill has Rick(y) Schroeder’s career gone that his only notable appearance on TV as of late was on Celebrity Family Fued, where he was in 4th position as one of Alfonso Ribeiro’s friends

19. Angela says:

#19: I haven’t seen “Stranger Things” itself (don’t have Netflix), so I can’t speak to the spoofs, but I will say that that the interview Colbert did with the girl who plays Eleven was adorable and very fun :D. .She seems like a total sweetheart.

20. PatriciaLee says:

3. Most likely, it was a budget issue. 5. Too many opportunities? (maybe no one will notice) 7. To them, this was serious, while the election issues are more surreal (being polite, here). Budget cuts meant cuts in security personnel, most likely. 11. waiting…waiting…waiting…only with the ring…waiting…yah 12. We’re just as nuts and keep watching no matter what. Now, I understand my 91-year old mother’s being glued to the tube with Lost. 17. We would love it if Jay Leno was doing it, at least one night. Other than that, nah. 18. The husband might if it was a favorite rock band or actor of his, but he’s not the demo they’re targeting.

21. Rebecca says:

#11 Donna and Harvey-YES! She has always been there for him and understands him in ways that no one else ever will. I think Harvey is now ready to recognize Donna’s true worth. WEDDING BELLS!

22. Jec says:

YES for Harvey and Donna. Like seasons ago.

23. Jamie says:

14. God, I hope not. I don’t need Gaga ruining another season of this show.

20. The link for Kimberly McCullough’s show page isn’t working!

24. Lindsey says:

11.) It’s about time they go there with “Darvey.”

25. Eli says:

12. As a Vegas resident and Grace VanderWall voter I have no objection to Grace winning and having a SHORT TERM booking in Las Vegas. It is one part of a larger show. There are several other acts (big name adult touring acts) that won’t come to Vegas because of the sin city reputation and people who live here are the ones being punished for it. Vegas gets a bad reputation and while tourism is a main source of income, people seem to forget that a lot of people live here. Go just a quarter mile away from the strip and downtown and Vegas looks like any other small neighborhood across America.

26. BriDeSi says:

Aaahhhhh!!!! Just saw the props given to me for my comment. So cool! Thank You!!!