Nashville Rayna Dies

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Flash, Once, Nashville, Bates Motel, Supernatural, Bones, Stranger Things and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Please tell me Nashville isn’t going to kill of Rayna. I can maybe deal with Connie Britton doing fewer episodes. But a dead Rayna? No. —Brianna
Ausiello: I honestly have no idea how Dame Connie B will be written out, although you mind find this bit of casting intel worrisome: Rumor has it Rayna will be menaced by a stalker this season.

Question: Can we get any scoop on Supergirl‘s version of Maggie Sawyer? I can’t wait to see Floriana Lima in the role. — Chelsea
Ausiello: In short, Maggie “is an ally,” says showrunner Andrew Kreisberg. As a detective with the Science Police — aka the division of the NCPD that deals with “anything that’s out of the ordinary” — “We’ll be bumping into Maggie a lot, and questions of jurisdiction will be coming up,” he adds. “Maggie is a strong proponent for alien rights, which is going to be [a theme].” (Alas, when we tried to bait Kreisberg with the notion that Maggie and Alex will at first lock horns only to later share sparks of a different kind, he… indicated nothing.)

89cee3937eb26cc02ababf264df21ed0Question: I’m cautiously optimistic about Rihanna playing Marion Crane on Bates Motel. Got any other intel about her role? —Jessica
Ausiello: Just like in Psycho, the small-screen Marion will have a boyfriend named Sam who’s the sorta sexy devil for whom a woman might consider embezzling a small fortune. The A&E drama is currently looking for an edgy hunk to take a stab at the recurring role — and, if we were placing bets, we’d wager that a casting call for Marion’s sister Lila would go out next.

Question: Are ever going to see Mayim Bialik do the Blossom dance on The Big Bang Theory? —Latifah
Ausiello: Exec producer Steve Molaro isn’t ruling it out. But first, he has to find out what the eff you’re talking about. “I’m ashamed to say I’m not up on my Blossom enough to even know that there is a Blossom dance,” he tells me. “But the next time I see Mayim, I’m going to personally ask to see it and then we’ll go from there.”

Question: Will Once Upon a Time be giving Rumbelle fans any sweet, pregnancy moments — like discussing names, etc.? —Betsy
Ausiello: Maybe, eventually. But “the ride there is pretty bumpy,” warns series co-creator Eddy Kitsis. Adam Horowitz meanwhile promises moments of “reminiscing” for the oft-estranged marrieds, “and discussing what it’s going to mean when their child is born.”Robert Carlyle

Question: Will Once Upon a Time give us an explanation for Mr. Gold’s new haircut? —Rebecca
Ausiello: Though Robert Carlyle was able to lose the mustache he donned when filming this summer’s Trainspotting sequel, his indeed brought Begbie’s cropped ‘do back to Storybrooke. The loss of Rumple’s salt-and-pepper mane “will absolutely be addressed,” says Horowitz. “And the answer isn’t that he went to do Trainspotting 2.”

Question: On Arrow, how will Oliver’s role as mentor to the new team members be different from the one he had/has with Roy and Thea? —Diego
Ausiello: “The biggest difference is he’s just more experienced” coming into Season 5, executive producer Wendy Mericle says. “He’s older, and he’s been through more.” That doesn’t mean Oliver will be nice to his new recruits (“Why would he do that?” the EP laughs), but “he appreciates more the significance of being a teacher and what that means. In terms of this universe of martial arts and fighting and training people and what that means, he’s learning there’s value in being a mentor.”

0jluC-rPrryRt5wY-PBm3zIHUPxX1bzqn9EETvYUb1jCNQj-I30rIoF6bKUFRhOTE3bS_o01Z1pY5r-JCk5CYZZP90tCiMrS0Kg4AaWRHLo_MWOqi8sPZJ3Q0CbKLs9N_y_AQRHzpdLWiHH81hvkzyQZuwDLY8iR1tfNda8oEbzVjEW-2vSYj0MOIitG6ODRkhASu6i3ECkEf7Bta_uf8aKZRLeYs4PQuestion: Can we talk about Elementary for a moment, please? —Amanda
Ausiello: I don’t know if we can but I certainly can. The CBS drama is taking Captain Gregson’s relationship with Paige (Virginia Madsen) “to a new level” in Season 5, reveals executive producer Rob Doherty, before confirming that Madsen will reappear in Episode 3. Oh, check it out — it’s an exclusive first look at her return!

Question: Any intel on the English Rose on Supernatural? —Sue
Ausiello: Lady Toni Bevell (Elizabeth Blackmore) and her brethren across the pond certainly “didn’t start off on the right foot” with the Winchesters, seeing as how she shot Sam in last May’s finale, notes Jared Padalecki. Indeed, as co-showrunner Andrew Dabb explains, “Toni is very against Dean and Sam and has studied them and has very strong opinions about them, [which are] not positive.” That said, Dabb teases that a compromise of sorts may be in the offing seeing as how “there are other people in the British Men of Letters who want to take a different approach [with the Winchesters].”

Question: Is it possible that Vanessa A. Williams (aka Francine West) will return in to The Flash Season 3 via Flashpoint, with a different backstory? —Jen
Ausiello: “There are different characters that you will see, some [that have] passed,” co-showrunner Todd Helbing teases, adding that there is “a lot of Easter egg stuff that’s a lot of fun” in the Flashpoint arc.

Question: What can you tell us about Alaric’s upcoming storyline on The Vampire Diaries? —Anna
Ausiello: I’ll say this, Anna: Don’t shed too many tears over his recent split from Caroline. And I’ll let executive producer Julie Plec explain why: “Alaric hasn’t had the best luck with women. I don’t know if he should be jumping into anything anytime soon, but if he does, the hot nanny would certainly be viable.” (The “hot nanny” in question is newcomer Seline, played by Containment’s Kristen Gutoskie.)

Question: Stranger Things without Eleven?! Say it ain’t so! —Andrew
Ausiello: It ain’t so. Mark my words: The pint-sized, chrome-domed, Eggo-addicted super-heroine will be back in some form.

Question: Since it’s official that Pretty Little Liars is ending, which familiar faces can be expected to show up in the last 10 episodes? Wren? Melissa? Lucas? The parents? —Juan
Ausiello: Good news, Juan: Wren will be back for the final 10, as will the Liars’ parents. And even though you didn’t ask, here’s some bonus scoop via exec producer Marlene King: We’ll finally see the flash-forward scene from the 6A finale (where “he” is coming after the girls at Rosewood High) play out in real time.

Question: Any hint on the recent Blind Item you told us about? —Eric
Ausiello: It’s not a show on CBS, which leaves ABC, Fox, NBC and The CW. And the series in question is back on the air in the next month.

htgawm-jack-falahee-conrad-ricamoraQuestion: Any scoop on my favorite How to Get Away With Murder couple, Connor and Oliver? —Nick
Ausiello: When last we left the lovebirds, Oliver secretly deleted Connor’s acceptance letter from Stanford. In the Season 3 premiere, “We’re going to find out if Connor ever found out about that and how he feels about it,” reveals showrunner Peter Nowalk. “That is the big hanging chad in their relationship. Otherwise, things are pretty happy. But the show doesn’t really thrive on happiness.”

Question: What’s next for Hawaii Five-0’s Kono? Will she and Adam finally settle down? —Ayaan
Ausiello: As this Instagram sneak peek from showrunner Peter M. Lenkov suggests, happier times do seem to be ahead. As part of our upcoming Fall Preview Spectacular, Lenkov said that as Season 7 unfolds (starting Friday, Sept. 23), “Kono is finally reunited with Adam and sorts through life’s priorities — rebuilding her bond with her husband being No. 1.”

Question: Is there any indication that Sara Ramirez will be returning to Grey’s Anatomy in the future? Is she really taking a break or is she through with the show? —Tricia
Ausiello: Zero indications at the moment, but my gut is telling me we will see Callie at least briefly in Season 13.

bones-zack-returnsQuestion: Can you tell us more about what’s coming up for Bones‘ Booth and Brennan, #Hodgela and the gang? —@KATIARABREU
Ausiello: Zack’s return may threaten B&B’s lives but it will not imperil their relationship. “The Zack [storyline] is certainly going to place them in jeopardy and certainly place them with different viewpoints,” concedes co-showrunner Jonathan Collier, “but is it going to challenge their marriage? I think their marriage is stronger than that.” Collier goes on to acknowledge that there are “many, many threads we want to tie up” during the series’ final season. Like, perhaps, a certain unsolved alarm clock mystery? “That has not been addressed,” the EP concedes. “There’s also Booth’s spiritual debt… a debt of killing that he wanted to pay off.”

Question: Do you have any Linstead-centric Chicago P.D. spoilers? —Tara
Ausiello: Last season’s road-trip episode crashed and burned, but producers seem intent on righting that wrong in Season 4. “There won’t be a designated storyline where they’re off on a road trip, but we want to dig a little bit more into [their respective backstories] as it relates to both of them,” showrunner Matt Olmstead tells TVLine. “That’s a focus for us this year.”

This AAnd That…
When it comes to casting its Lost in Space remake, Netflix, I’m told, is aiming high. “Too high,” sniffs one industry insider.
Family Ties matriarch Meredith Baxter is checking into Code Black for an episode later this fall. As EP Michael Seitzman explains, her character’s grandson, along with some of his friends, brush up against poison oak while on a camping trip. The twist? “It turns out it’s measles,” he explains. “But the real complication comes when [Baxter’s alter ego] also gets measles, because the measles vaccine wears off by a certain age and she is susceptible to it. The complications for her are far more grave.”
Sleepy Hollow‘s Washington D.C.-set fourth season will look surprisingly authentic for a show that shoots in Georgia. Rumor has it Crane & Co. will head to the nation’s capital next month to capture several episodes’ worth of exteriors.
♦ In case you lost count, the guest cast for The Big Bang Theory‘s Sept. 19 premiere includes Katey Sagal. And Jack McBrayer. And Dean Norris. And Christine Baranski. And Laurie Metcalf. And Judd Hirsch. And Keith Carradine.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Andy Swift, Kim Roots and Vlada Gelman)

1. Kia says:

Thanks for the Bones scoop!

2. Azerty says:

I just watched PLL finale and what if the flash forward is the last scene of the serie? Like the girls aren’t done with harassment and there is a next threat after AD? That would be the worst ending ever.

• It’s 6A, last night’s was 7A, it was the last scene before the 5 year time jump!

• Azerty says:

I know that but I meant that the flash forward could me even more in the future, like not in 7B present time, but some times after 7B. Something to remind that they will never get rid of drama and problems even ever the end of the show. But that’s a very very crazy idea I am aware :)

3. Cris says:

For the Grey’s scoop, do you mean season 13? Not season 12?

4. Thanks for the Belle and Rumple questions. Though I tend to just worry when it comes to them. They never seem to catch a break.

5. Matt C. says:

I actually did ask about the PLL flash forward, so yay! Thanks for the scoop, as always!

6. Rebecca says:

Thanx for asking my question about Gold’s haircut. Gonna miss the floof though :(

7. Bernie says:

Thanks! :)

Also, the url to this page is great, lol.

8. My Blind Item guess: one of the people in the Hazmat suits in Last Man on Earth.

9. gil says:

thanks for the scoop.

one thing i am over is rumbelle in OUAT, its beyond a joke that a woman keeps going to a man who has does what he does to her every season. get them over.

• It's Delovely says:

By “what he has done”, do you mean how he tried to kill her entire family, told her she’d always be an orphan, and she still went to the Underworld to bring him back? Ah, wait…that was Hook and Emma.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

“The heart is a dumb dumb.”

~Gretchen Cutler

• I don’t know what they’ll have him do this season, but last season he was doing everything he could for her and their child while everyone else didn’t seem to give to cents about her or the baby. I think they need to catch a break from the story and from the writers. Some of the other couples on this show have done bad things to each other and to the loved ones of their significant other yet they keep getting back together. Same with some of the non-romantic relationships. At least Rumbelle are somewhat realistic in that they are having issues with these things. I just wish they’d move more forward through resolving some of their issues.

10. KW. says:

RE: Blind Item

The show returning next month rules out the CW I think? Don’t all their shows start in October?

11. Westen says:

If the blind item is literally the next month doesn’t that also rule out all CW shows? I didn’t think any of their shows premeire before the flash on Oct 3rd

12. Jason says:

The Blind Item also takes out shows on The CW as they begin airing in October based on the TVLine Calendar. The first premier is The Flash on October 4. https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/tv-schedule-fall-premieres-2016-h8.jpg

13. Jason says:

Options for The Blind Item based on the TVLine Calendar and what we know (NBC, ABC, Fox, (CW), returning show, & next month):
    Blindspot
    OUAT
    The Simpsons
    Secrets and Lies
    The Family Guy
    The Last Man on Earth
    Quantico

I also took off game shows like The Voice…They don’t really do surprise “casting” as much as visitors.

• MMD says:

Thanks for making a list. :-) I was just looking at the premiere calendar and I have to keep scrolling left and right, not that I have an actual clue as to which show it is. LOL

• Lisa says:

I think we can also rule out Secrets and Lies since it was filmed last year and they are just airing it now this year.

• trooperwife says:

I say it’s an Avenger on AOS

• Patrick says:

That does seem the most likely. They’ll probably introduce some new character that is popular, but that hasn’t really popped up yet.

• Joel Maurice says:

I think Colbie Smolders becomes a regular as Maria Hill

• Andy says:

Maybe Doctor Strange pops in to give us the low down on Ghost Rider?

• AV says:

Probably not before the Dr. Strange movie is released in November. If I were to guess, I’d say one of the big screen Avengers in a brief cameo. It’s a shame that the ratings have declined as the show has improved. Having a big screen actor could be a last ditch effort to give it some kind of boost.

• Jenni says:

But as someone said, wouldn’t they announce something like that to boost ratings? It’s one of my thoughts too – and is on my “likely” list – but to have ones of the avengers appear, wouldn’t they WANT to market that?

• NoName says:

I don’t think it’s Doctor Strange or a big-screen Avenger on AOS.
            In my opinion, it doesn’t make sense to have Doctor Strange or an Avenger appear and not announce it. And I doubt, an Avengers-cameo would give AOS a real boost. I assume that many viewers would watch one episode for the cameo and probably drop the show again.

I would come back for season 4 if it would be a show revolving around the Agents of SHIELD, like season 1 and 2a. But it seems that season 4 is again just all about boring, annoying superpowered blokes and what it’s like to have superpowers.

• Andy says:

I thought about that, but then I realized that the Doctor Strange movie is reportedly set at the beginning of the MCU and will traverse time through story. So where we are in time for AOS, Stephen Strange has already become Doctor Strange.

14. Andrew Hass says:

As for Nashville, i don’t think they’ll kill off Rayna but maybe been stalked causes Rayna to leave because she needs to cope with been stalked.However she leaves her daughters with Deacon while she’s getting help away from Nashville.As for Grey’s, i think we’ll see Callie again sometime this season.Plus Sara Ramirez could come back and tape several scenes that could be spread out over a few episodes.As for Bones, i think dealing with Zack will put Brennan and Booth on opposite sides because Booth might see Zack as a bad guy while Brennan doesn’t.

• Ian says:

I can fully support that idea. And then there can be a tearjerking scene of Rayna saying goodbye to Deacon and the girls when she has to go into hiding for the rest of the season, and Deacon can murder the stalker in the finale. Connie just better be returning.

15. Jennifer says:

Thanks for the RumBelle and Rumple scoop. I just wish Adam and Eddy would realize how disenchanted the Rumbelle fans are by the relentless angst and separations. Rumbelle was a story about hope for so many fans in seasons 1-3. The writers evidently do not understand that or they wouldn’t have taken so much away from them just to create cheap drama that has done nothing but cause the fans to leave in droves. I mourn how beautiful their story could have been if A&E understood what Rumbelle meant to so many people.

• I agree with a lot of this. That’s why I feel that this pairing is long overdue for some happiness and understanding between each other. The way it seems now is that they might find happiness at the end of the series and maybe not even then. Either way it’s a real shame that all they’ve had is bumps in the road. We need some more valleys in between the hills.

• gm says:

Yes, for a show that the writers claim is about hope, they’ve been relentless in beating down every character except Hook and Emma.

16. MMD says:

Thanks for the Kono video. It will be nice to see she and Adam back together although still a tad strange after watching him as Jim Koto on Murder in the First but that will fade in the first five minutes.

17. Lisa says:

about blind item: my guess is Blindspot

18. Sorry if i’ve missed it in the past, but did we ever get an answer on the previous blind item – the one about the popular but young series that’s close to cancellation?!?!?!

19. Shar says:

Lost in Space reboot – Jennifer Garner & Ioan Gruffold would both look very good in those tight space suits. :)

20. trooperwife says:

My deductions say since the BLIND ITEM in question is airing “in the next month” rules OUT the CW since all their shows are returning in OCT and “next month” is still technically Sept since it’s still Aug now. .

21. myrcellasear says:

I sincerely hope they can at least talk about Francine this season, because the storyline they gave her was so terrible. Hopefully Wally and Iris can bond over memories of her or something.

22. It's Delovely says:

Thanks for asking about Rumple and Belle. Sadly, Adam & Eddy’s answers aren’t making me reconsider my decision to sit out this season. Too much annoying angst for these characters, and not enough moments of hope.

• Kay says:

I agree. Are the writers trying to lose the few Rumbelle fans who are still watching? There’s nothing to look forward to if you’re a Rumbelle fan.

23. Allegra says:

Amy Farrah-Fowler would totally have memorized the Blossom dance as a kid. I say, Mr Molaro, make this happen!

As a sidenote: tons of typos compared to previous columns. Summer temps at editing?

24. Gloria Seales says:

If producers are going to write Rayna out of the show after 10 episodes, they’d might as well end the whole thing. The reason friends and I keep turning on week after week is the relationship between Rayna and Deacon. Without it, the show will suffer a painful death. They are the two the show cannot live without.

• Gena says:

Yeah. :( I honestly didn’t think there was enough story left to fill even a partial season (like 10-13 eps.), let alone a full-22 order; it probably would’ve been best for the show to go the ‘CSI’ route and end with a special made-for-TV movie or double episode (just enough to wrap up the Juliette-and-Avery storyline).

• john says:

The show died a long time ago – when in an attempt to stay on the air Callie Khouri gave up her princples and made a tv soap.

It’s a shame to see how far the writer of Thelma & Louise has fallen.

Would have been better to take more of that something to talk about material and turn that into a GOOD tv show

Soaps are so tired

25. Clv says:

It’s sad that they couldn’t do a better story for Francine in The Flash. The druggie black mom who abandons her child really shows prejudice and lazy thinking on the part of the writers. FP was their chance to fix it but alas…

• Liz985 says:

I thought it opened up an amazing exchange between Joe and Iris. Some of the best acting of the season between Jesse L. Martin and Candace Patton. Drug addiction is not just a black problem but a human problem. The Flash writers showed the hurt and destruction is leaves behind – regardless of color.

26. Danny says:

Thanks for the belle and rumple scoop! We really appreciated!

27. Ginger Balazs says:

I thought it wasn’t definite that Connie Britton was leaving Nashville?

• brandydanforth81 says:

No.Shes def leaving,the only question is is how many episodes wil she be in?Shes so far only doing 10 episodes but supposedly in talks for more

• TJ. Church says:

I don’t see why she would be leaving early, especially since her character (& her character’s husband) were such famous folks/legends already at the start of Episode One.

There is no doubt she should stay until the end… Or that the end should have been a few month ago at the latest.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Connors admitted she’s not comfortable singing and is not the best singer and a few months ago she spoke out against TN new anti gay laws saying she won’t feel comfortable filming there anymore and her leaving could also be a cost cutting move on CMTs part or maybe she wants to move on and do other projects.I do agree though that I wish she’d stay the entire season.

• tjchurch2001 says:

That’s not agreeing. Agreeing would be agreeing there shouldn’t be another season coming (or, even more, that the last one shouldn’t even have happened).

Also, regardless of sexual-orientation laws, why would someone who is uncomfortable singing sign up to play a music legend on a show named after “Music City”?!

28. Sarah F says:

So the blind item eliminates any CW shows as well, since they come back in October, not next month :)

29. tjchurch2001 says:

I honestly remember watching most episodes of “Blossom” when they originally aired, & don’t recall her “Blossom dance” (especially not the way I do “the Carlton”, the show of which I bet was the reason many stayed tuned for “Blossom”).

However, I did see much of the cast together on “Conan” not long ago, & think it seems only natural for them to use at least one episode that refers to the old on-screen relationship of Galecki & Bialik (use “Blossom” clips ala flashback).

• Sarah says:

Great idea. And they should totally have Alfonso guest star and do the Carlton when Mayim does the Blossom!!! That’s one gif I want to see.

• tjchurch2001 says:

That would be a bit much (especially after having Mayim play Sheldon’s girlfriend this long, which comes after Galecki’s old “Roseanne” counterpart replaced Sheldon on their Quiz team, which came later on the same episode as Raj saying they’d never get the real Mayim to do it).

However, for a show that’s gotten so much comedy mileage out of jokes about India & their people (even spoken by Kunal & “Babu Bhatt” from “Seinfeld”), your comment makes it come to my mind this show has not had all that many African-Americans as regular characters nor themselves, yet seems to have avoided attacks like the Oscars received.

30. Boiler says:

Good news on Elementary. The good Captain needs a partner.

This tweet from Connie Britton sure doesn’t seem to spell doom for her.

Connie Britton ‏@conniebritton · Aug 25

Season 5 of #Nashville starts 1/5 @CMT! Will be best yet! Get yer boots on…

31. Frank Gregory says:

I think the blind item is Sue Sylvester is going to cross over from Glee and end up on Scream Queens.

Who would see that one coming?

• Andy says:

As cool as that might be, it would beg the question, why do Hester and Rachel look identical?

• TJ. Church says:

You mean apart from everyone?! I was surprised to learn Ryan had worked to get Jamie Lee (of “Halloween”) on that show, especially after reading Lea had signed-on. It seems even someone of Ryan’s proven talent, & with his proven success rate, can’t help but go back into the same talent pool for nearly every attempted project.

32. Temperance says:

As much as many people will hate this, I really don not (at all) like what they’ve done with Connor on HTGAWM. It’s like he’s a different character… and I want the original back. This new version is pretty pathetic, whiny, and useless. Sorry, I like having a gay couple on TV, but it’s not fun.

• Matt C. says:

You’re not the only one! I feel like his relationship with Oliver has ruined his character. I think I’m one of the only HTGAWM fans that isn’t a “Coliver” shipper. I had hoped that once Connor found out about the Stanford thing, he’d break up with Oliver and get back to his season 1 roots, but then they made Conrad Ricamora a regular, so I doubt that’s going to happen now.

33. San Summer says:

Why is a picture of Dean (Jensen Ackles) ALWAYS included when there are Supernatural spoilers but never a picture of just Sam (Jared Padalecki)?

• Bob says:

Oh, will you please stop with the fangirl nonsense.

• San Summer says:

Stop with the condescending attitude. Apparently, Supernatural is really popular on this site because a picture is always included even though there are spoilers from many other shows as well. However, I find it really odd that they always use a picture of Dean’s face instead of equally using a picture of Sam or a picture of both of the Winchesters.

• They show Dean’s photo more because he’s always used as a hook to get viewers on the show and readers of articles. Besides, Dean is more handsome than Sam so I certainly don’t mind. Keep those Dean pics coming, tvline!

• TJ. Church says:

They show Dean’s photo more b/c it’s a way fans get to see him without the rest of us having to sit through his painful “acting”! They should have had the Mark of Cain kill him, & Sam die trying to raise him (meta-like irony), which leads to long-due cancellation & Charlie’s earned spinoff!

34. Doesn’t that Pretty Little Liars scoop confirm Spencer lives? Not that anyone thought she’d really die, but that kind of confirms it if that scene hasn’t yet happened.

35. Jared says:

I wonder if the show from the blind item is Scream Queens. I feel like that show has so many good actors currently on the roster it wouldn’t be too far fetched to add another popular name to that cast.

36. iHeart says:

man Carlyle looks so different

37. Linda says:

In reguards to the blind item, it doesn’t seem to be anything from The CW since those shows start in OCT and it’s stated here that it starts next month, meaning September since this was posted in August.

38. Jakay says:

I’m wondering if the blind item about the big guest star is about HTGAWM since the pic of Connor and Oliver is right under the q about it. Cicely Tyson had already been a guest and I don’t know how much bigger you get than that. Oprah? Denzel?

39. laura c says:

I have been watching Bones since Day One and I will really miss ALL the characters. I have my fave episodes, hope they are still rerun but I won’t hold my breath. I have some of them on DVR. Jack &Angela are my faves besides B & B. I will miss Wendell, and all the squints, Max, Caroline. I hated that they killed off Sweets, love Zack too. OK, so now I’m excited to see how the show is wrapped up, and bummed that all great things must come to an end.

40. Blind item: I reckon one of the Avengers is going to appear on SHIELD. Network and timing fits and it’s fairly easy to work one in to the storyline.

• Cas says:

This would be a good guess. My only thought would be why wouldn’t you market that to get people to tune in and boost ratings?

41. Tina says:

So Rumple and Belle are going to be separated again? What a brilliant idea! These writers are really outgoing themselves!

42. Weezy says:

Very disappointing response to the Supernatural question. I’m dreading a season for the first time in the show’s history. I’m just worried about the main theme of the show being pulverized in the name of constant (and completely pointless and delusional) PC based commentary and analyses. Like that should really EVER be the way to evaluate whether TV is good or not. But such is the dumbed down culture we live in. I’m worried they are going to make this Brit very arrogant with the intention of trying to emasculate the boys (AKA the main characters of the show). I really can’t wait to see her illogical and crazy views of the boys actions over the years (seriously I’d like to see ANYONE do better with what they have had to deal with). I guess I just hope she is actually central to the narrative and not some armchair QB throwing in pointless quips as a folly only. She’s a good actress and deserves more than another tired trope like that.

• Sid says:

Actually as a Brit, I am really hoping that the twee Lady of the manor who has her head firmly stuck up her backside disappears quickly in the sense that Lady Toni is dumped.

I am hoping she gets killed in the first couple of episodes and her only purpose is to give us an in to the other branches of the Men of Letters, not because she is a female but because of the whole trope tastic introduction she got. In fact the idea of humanising her with the little boy completely backfired with me considering we see her leaving her son to bring Sam and Dean in when she knew the whole of creation was ending with no actual way to stop it.

The trope that every Brit is either an upper class over educated arrogant (word that I shouldn’t use here), which Toni fits to a tee or cockney wide boy is annoying and actually a so cliche that it borders on being sickening. I don’t care if they decide to have her suddenly see the light about the boys or suddenly gains some chemistry with Sam or Dean, she’s started out of as a walking trope that is too prevalent. A woman from a housing estate in Birmingham given the right tools is just as capable as a millionaire’s daughter from the big house.

The men of letters could be interesting as is the actual use of the fact that Rowena and Crowley being of Scottish descent v a London centric Men of Letters who is into navel gazing and not very into giving the other areas of Britain much freedom ie Edinburgh or is at odds with other branches such as the Paris or Warsaw. I am hoping that Lady Toni is not the face of them.

43. r says:

I can’t wait to see Floriana and Chyler Leigh together in scenes!

44. jr. says:

I wish TVLINE would comment on the episodes of Americas Got Talent, like they always commented on American Idol. It would be nice to have a place to comment on what we and you think on who is getting voted through. IMO I can’t believe Tape Face is still there, and actually won over that trio in the AGT save vote.

45. Robyn says:

My guess is the Blind Item is on Grey’s Anatomy and it’s either going to be Jo’s abusive husband OR Owen’s “dead” sister Megan.

46. Lily says:

On Chicago PD, more backstory for Erin – *yawn* . . .Three seasons of her backstory already – enough! “Linstead” is overhyped and I could care less. With the timely subject matter available for this show, it could be so good. But instead we get people so excited they might purchase a flat screen tv together – oh wow! Let’s see more from the other characters!