Fall TV Preview
The Flash Season 3 Photos

The Flash: First Season 3 Photos Highlight Barry/Iris, Kid Flash

No amount of Flashpoint insanity can keep apart The Flash‘s Barry Allen and Iris West, who are highlighted in the CW hit’s first batch of Season 3 photos.

Also on display are Wally West in his Kid Flash costume, plus the ominous Reverse-Flash, who will be taunting Barry throughout his Flashpoint odyssey.

An official description of the Season 3 opener follows:

Barry (Grant Gustin) is living his dream life – his parents are alive, he’s asked Iris West (Candice Patton) on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), running around saving the city.  When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash (guest star Matt Letscher) taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe.  In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade.  When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash.

Picking up with the Flashpoint-y ramifications of Barry’s season-ending timeline tampering, The Flash Season 3 features Tom Felton (Harry Potter) in the series regular role of CSI Julian Dorn, plus recurring players/guest stars Ashley Rickards (Awkward) as the head-spinning villainess The Top, Grey Damon (Friday Night Lights) as Mirror Master, Todd Lasance (Vampire Diaries) as speedster The Rival, Joey King (Fargo) as the metahuman Magenta and Susan Walters (Vampire Diaries) as Caitlin’s mother.

The Flash opens Season 3 on Tuesday, Oct. 4, kicking off the return of The CW’s superhero slate (which now also features Supergirl).

Click through the gallery below (or right here for direct access), then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Ian says:

You know, even Smallville managed to find a whole hell of a lot for 3 different female leads to do, but what’s The Flash’s excuse for Iris? Because none of the writers cared about her in the comics? Lovely.

• ndixit says:

Smallville lasted 10 years while the Flash has only completed two and Smallville did plenty of awful characterization to female characters in that time.

• Vince says:

Lois wasn’t even a regular in Season 4. Nice try pal.

• Emily says:

While I absolutely agree that Iris deserves more material than the show gives her, why did these pictures make you think she won’t get anything to do? Candice has said she’s doing more reporting this season, thankfully. And while it sucks that they can’t seem to write for a woman without attaching her to a man, her and Barry actually being together this season will guarantee that she gets more screentime.

• Mik says:

Thanks for your concern, but Iris is doing great and is honestly one of the best developed women in the Berlanti-verse (low low bar, I know, but she jumps it).

2. Micaela says:

Awesome sauce glad to know that we will finally be seeing Barry and Iris in a happy relationship soon super hyped for kid flash though I’ll be disappointed to see him revert to regular Wally but I guess it will all tie in to the audience seeing his progression to becoming kid flash. Now all I need is for Iris kick ass reporter journey to kick into high gear and I’ll be a happy camper.

3. Just thinking about the timey-wimey stuff that will be involved makes my head hurt.

4. myrcellasear says:

Iris looks so great in the stills! Can’t wait to see what she’s up to in Flashpoint, and to see Keiynan test out his Kid Flash chops.

5. LE says:

I still don’t know if I like Kid Flash suit.. it looks weird maybe if if Keinan had longer hair it would fit better.

6. Luis says:

So, clearly, Barry doesn’t lose his speed despite the changes to the time line.

7. I think some people troll television line just to troll that being said I love my Iris West.

8. Squirrelly says:

More and more I’m starting to find the Kid Flash suit kind of…crappy. Maybe it’s because the eyemask part looks kind of loose and I keep fearing it’s going to slip over his eyes as soon as he hits Mach 1…

9. Ingrid says:

WestAllen & Kidflash, I can’t wait for season 3 !!!

10. Joey Padron says:

Photos from season premiere episode looks good. Good to see Barry and Iris together again and Thr Flash and Kid Flash together for first time! Excited to see new season in which October!

11. Fofo says:

AMAZING! These pictures have me really excited for Season 3. I can’t wait to see the iconic relationship between Barry and Kid Flash to come to life. Also, how can you not cry about westallen?! They really do find each other in every timeline – – so beautiful. I think September needs to fly by like NOW because I can’t take this wait any longer

12. Carni says:

So excited to see how Westallen will come into fruition! These pictures looks so hot. KidFlash and The Flash together, I’m speechless and can’t wait for season 3 to air. Thanks for sharing.

13. Piper says:

The Barry and Iris pics have me excited. Thanks!

14. So happy seeing more bts of Iris West and Westallen, season 3 is bringing us excitement and now eagerly waiting for it! Kid flash looks awesome as well.

15. Paula says:

Loving how even in FlashPoint Barry and Iris will find each other. They’re like magnets to each other. WestAllen is Magnetic and Truly Iconic. YAAAASS

16. jade4813 says:

More Iris involvement, Westallen, andKid Flash? Sign me up! This new season looks and sounds amazing so far, so I can’t wait for it to start!

17. P3nem12 says:

I can’t wait for October!!! WestAllen is gonna be the death of me, when will your OTP ever???😩😭❤️🙌🏾

18. Rahajicho says:

Barry’s parents look so happy. It’s a pity the timeline has to change back.

19. grabetsi says:

These promo stills are awesome, I can’t wait for October!! I love Iris and I can’t wait to see her storylines for this season? Also can’t wait to see kidflash in action. And I’m so ready for WestAllen, they probably gonna give me an heart attack.🙌🏾😭😭❤️

20. JJ says:

keiynan looks awkward in his suit.

21. Dyne Porter says:

I wasn’t sure what to expect for S3 especially after S2 finale. After seeing these pics, other spoiler pics and hearing from the cast at SDCC this past July, I am very excited for this upcoming season. So much good stuff to look forward to such as Westallen. Barry and Iris finally being on the same page. I really can’t wait to see their relationship progress. Hopefully we will get to see more of Iris as a journalist, Cisco being the richest man America (even if it’s just for Flashpoint), Kid Flash and seeing how Barry will fix the mess he made. I am also happy to know that the show is going back to the lightness it had in Season One.

22. Mo says:

Wally’s suit looks too scuba gear-ish, makes him look neck-less. But the bulk does make him look more child-like and he is called KID Flash and the suit is right out of the comics. More Iris & WA already…zzz. Hope Eobard Thawne will save this ep from joining S2E1 in mediocrity.

23. Happy to see WestAllen happen on any Earth, in any timeline. :) Ready for Season 3!

24. lordofluck says:

I am still not a fan of Iris and Barry they have OK relationship as a brother/sister but I just can’t get behind them romantically.

25. dramakid says:

@lordofluck,well,that’s your own headache. lol. don’t know why you bother writing a comment. would’ve done yourself a favor and just ignore the article.

• Mo says:

You mean lordofluck would be doing a favor for WA shippers to ignore this article instead of posting a different opinion. *lol*

26. Tom C says:

Interesting photos. Does it look like Barry takes Iris to where he is holding Reverse Flash then Barry and Iris talk and it looks like Barry is letting Reverse Flash out of the cell? If so what does this mean for the timeline?

• Mo says:

I hope this doesn’t mean Barry releases RF because Iris is supposed to be his moral compass. Between her & team Flash Barry’s transformation into amoral uselessness would be complete.

27. OMG! Barry and Iris!!! They’re so beautiful together :’).
    So excited for season 3! Barry’s parents look so happy, it’s going to be heartbreaking when things go left. Aah, Kid Flash. Love Wally but this suit is too bulky. They should upgrade it as soon as possible.
    One last thing. Long live WestAlleeeeeennnnn!

28. Mik says:

I’m so excited for the stuff with Iris and Wally and Joe and of course Westallen <3 I'm also going to enjoy seeing Cisco being a rich jerk (I don't understand how he's not rich in the main timeline since he invents everything).

29. Chelsea says:

I’m so excited for WestAllen this season! And plenty of Iris and Wally bonding would be swell as well

30. Micaela says:

Yassss come through flashpoint I’ve been waiting 84 years to see Barry and Iris be and official couple this better continue post flashpoint. I’m also super excited about Wally doning the flash suit other relationships I’m hoping to see blossom this season are Barry and Wally as well as Cisco and Iris. Also keeping my fingers crossed that the villains are as good as all the hype. In summary ready for this hiatus to be over ready for Westallen ready for Ace Reporter West ready for KidFlash I’m just ready to be wowed.