Shameless Season 7 Trailer: Fiona Quits Mothering, Lip Struggles With Sobriety

Shameless‘ Fiona is making a life-changing declaration in the first trailer for Season 7: “The past 10 years I’ve taken care of every Gallagher in this family except one. I’m done.”

First step: demanding everyone pay their share of the bills, which leads Debs to do something questionable in order to get the money she owes her sis. (As for her wedding-day disaster, “there’s nothing to talk about,” Fiona argues.)

Meanwhile, Lip commiserates with Ian about their “sh—tty Gallagher genes,” which have landed him in rehab for alcoholism. But the elder brother isn’t going entirely drink-free.

“You’re starting to remind me of him,” V says, no doubt to referring to Frank. Speaking of daddy drunkest, he’s found himself a new family.

Read on for an official description for Season 7:

The seventh season picks up a month after last season’s finale, with the Gallaghers ready for another sizzling summer on the South Side of Chicago. The Gallaghers have always scraped by, but this season finds some of them finally getting a leg up, with more changes than the currents of the Chicago River. When Frank (Macy) awakens from a coma to learn that his loved ones tossed him in the river, he declares war – Gallagher vs. Gallagher. But Fiona (Rossum) is too busy improving her own life to worry about Frank’s. After last season’s devastating betrayal, she’s now moved on, a warrior, and nothing is getting in the way of her new life as manager of Patsy’s – including her family. Gallagher Golden Boy Lip (White) finishes up his time in rehab, and emerges with a new outlook on alcoholism and a grim vision of his future, whereas the once-unstable Ian (Monaghan) is now thriving as an EMT and in a comfortable relationship. Debbie (Kenney) is still figuring out how to be a good mom to young Franny, while Carl (Cutkosky) has some big decisions to face as he enters manhood. With Fiona’s new determination to make something of herself, will the rest of the Gallaghers fall apart without Fiona there to pick up the pieces?

Shameless returns Sunday, Oct. 2 at 9/8c on Showtime.

1. TJ says:

I really enjoy this show, but that preview left me kinda not interested anymore. Personally I feel like as the years go on it’s becoming more and more of “The Frank Show” and not as much of an assemble it used to be, which leaves me not as interested as I once was…

• David says:

I disagree. I feel everyone gets their fair share on the show. This is one of the only shows that I look forward to each season. I am so happy it’s coming sooner then usual.

• Winter says:

I constantly find myself wishing they had just let Frank die of liver failure a few years back.

• d00d says:

I got the same impression you did lol… I love the show, even though it’s a trailer, hopefully the 12 episode run is better than what they showed

2. Nick says:

I do find it funny that Fiona declared she never looks out for herself…seems like she’s been pretty selfish over the years, especially anytime a new guy appears, she seems to disappear from the rest of the family.

3. Joey says:

What’s the point without the Milkoviches?

• Andrea says:

You’re right, without Milkoviches or Sheila the show seems so weak. Gallaghers & Balls arent interesting enough.

4. Andrea says:

Fiona quit mothering 3 seasons ago & so did my interest in Shameless. The Gallaghers (esp Frank) just are interesting enough to keep watching.

5. ToyCannon says:

Will we ever see Joan Cusack again?

6. HAP says:

I don’t understand why Rossum ha never received a nomination for her work in the show.

7. Dan says:

Bring back Jimmy/Steve

8. Mr. R.A says:

PLEASE DONT MAKE THIS SHOW STOP I really enjoy watching it , can’t wait for next season

9. Brandon says:

Pretty sure everyone wants to see more of fiona and jimmy

10. Monique Werner says:

I love this show – I don’t know how I missed it all the first time around – One night I joined Netflix and it was on – I watched Season 1 and was hooked – I got through Seasons 1-6 just in time for Season 7 – I love all the characters – they have all brought sadness and laughter into the house – I have to say the characters of Fiona along with Jimmy jumped out of the t.v. – I loved them together – I would love to see him come back – as the man he was on track to be – a doctor – the young actor (Jimmy) just fits in this show and brings the steam – lol – I don’t want to see this show cancelled – Please bring him back in Fiona’s life as a young doctor – Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Please!

11. Addy white says:

I want jimmy back ! I think Fiona and him made the show very interesting and I haven’t really liked any other guy. They need him back in season 7