Nashville Season 5 Rayna Dies

Did Nashville News Toy With Emotions? Should Britney Have Lip Sync Battle'd? What the 'Fork'?? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Fear the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dead of Summer and Suits!

1 | Do you think NBC realizes what a socially progressive show it has on its airwaves in Superstore?

2 | Did the Aug. 19 Killjoys trot out the saying “What the hells?” mayyyybe 11 times too many?

3 | Did the painful, non-stop NBC commentary during the Olympics closing ceremony actually make you miss the opening ceremony commentators?

Fear the Walking Dead4 | Now that Fear the Walking Dead has shown us how cute Nick is when he isn’t strung out or covered in zombie guts, can we please make it mandatory that he cleans up at least once per season?

5 | Tell the truth, Power fans: Did you have any inkling that security chief Dean was actually cannibal drug lord Milan?

6 | Do the regional walls being erected within the United States on The Last Ship make Trump’s Mexico boondoggle seem maybe 1 percent less atrocious?

| How many double-takes did you do during BrainDead before realizing that actually was Michael Moore?

| Did everyone’s DVRs incorrectly show this week’s Chesapeake Shores as being two hours when the second half was just Golden Girls repeats?

Match Game| “A fork”??? [The question: Edie Falco got so Method as Nurse Jackie, she was caught sticking ___ in a NYC tourist.]

10 | If The Night Of continues anthology-style for Season 2, which character should be at its center? (We’re voting for Jeannie Berlin’s whip-smart, sly D.A. Helen Weiss.)

11 | Did John Oliver’s report on charter schools make anyone else nervous about what might come of Chambers Academy in a hypothetical Parenthood revival?

12 | Given that her ongoing Murder in the First arc overlapped with the end of 12 Monkeys Season 2, was Amanda Schull just one Suits stop-by away from possibly appearing on TV three times in a week?

13 | Will Major Crimes be expecting us, as well as Julio, to eventually warm up to that extremely racist, orphaned rugrat?

14 | Is Mistresses‘ Sofia (Marc’s ex-girlfriend/reignited flame) the least sharply defined new character of Summer TV 2016? (And if not her, who?)

15 | Are you angry that Freeform aired a very misleading Fosters promo touting Stef and Lena’s divorce, or just relieved that theDead of Summer couple isn’t really splitting up?

16 | Be it carved of stone or even wood, didn’t Dead of Summer’s Garrett lift away the purity tank lid a bit too easily?

17 | What did Heather Locklear do to piss off Too Close to Home‘s makeup artist?

18 | Wait, so Game of Thrones producers let the cast read all of Season 7’s scripts before starting production on the premiere?!

19 | Which of Difficult People‘s network digs was better: The constantly-changing posters for a Thursday-at-10 show on NBC, or the montage of stereotypical show pitches that Billy and Julie delivered?

difficult-people-nbc-joke

20 | Nashville fans, which emotion won out this week: Joy at the announcement of the Season 5 premiere date, or sorrow over star Connie Britton’s likely limited involvement?

21 | For all their next-level super-snoopiness, how could the core four of Mr. Robot‘s fsociety have let Susan Jacobs sneak up on them?

Suits22 | Is the abundance of Jessica/Rachel bonding scenes on Suits this season a pleasant surprise?

23 | Did Jimmy Fallon’s life-sized “Hungry Hungry Hippos” game mark a nadir for late-night TV gimmicks? Would the money spent on that one-off set have been better used for… well, anything else?

24 | Has there been a sadder moment in Natalie Morales’ Today demotion than her hawking Roker Burgers at Shake Shack in a Thursday segment?

25 | Is it just wishful thinking on our part, or did Britney Spears actually hit a few decent notes during Carpool Karaoke? (But wouldn’t she have been better off holding out for a call from Jimmy Fallon to participate in a lip sync battle?)

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other Qs you care to share!

1. Amy says:

#7: It took the 2nd view for me to realize it was actually MM. Both of those scenes had me laughing so hard.

• Braindead–one of the best unwatched summer shows in years. Why hasn’t this caught on? Is it too sardonic for today’s audiences? I wish it had been an FXX or premium cable show, but kudos to CBS for giving it a try–I guess the show runners had compiled a lot of capital from the Good Wife.

2. Cate53 says:

NASHVILLE! Without Connie Britton not sure I’ll watch, especially as the show was already lesser with minimal Juliette this year. The show needs its leading ladies as most of the support cast don’t grab me like Rayna and Juliette

3. wrstlgirl says:

I get that it’s the zombie apocalypse and all but they really need to do something with Nick’s hair. I mean I’m pretty sure they have combs somewhere, sheesh.

• Ari says:

I don’t understand why people in that environment don’t shave their heads! I think that is something I would do if I could get my hands on a razor. Honestly long hair is a hassle and if you’re on the run during the ZA why would you want to deal with it?

• John NYC says:

They’d simply have to KEEP shaving them. Too high maintenance. Once past a certain length a ponytail just is there.

4. Daisy says:

17. I’m really glad you guys brought it up. I was worried we were all pretending not to notice. Poor Heather.

5. brandydanforth81 says:

#20′ both.happy for a premire date but dissapointed that Conie so far will only be in half the season.
    #8 CS was supposed to be two hours
    #15 both.Prmos are usually misleading but I was hoping it was a nightmare of one theirs but am relived Stef/Lena aren’t really getting a divorce

6. Ryan Hall says:

4. I would rather we see Nick with the entire group or not at all. I couldn’t care less about his hair. He isn’t compelling enough to focus an entire season premiere on.

10. I would honestly prefer any other character over Helen Weiss. There is something about her character that bothers me. I am not sure what it is but I really like when she stops talking.

I am usually not this negative but these two characters are not my favorite :)

7. Ari says:

Honestly, Britney’s Carpool Karaoke was a disappointment. James Corden was singing her songs better than she was. Also she wasn’t wearing her seat belt properly. I did like the non singing parts of it though! Her personality seems so great!

8. kate says:

1. Hush, I don’t think they do. We don’t want them to notice them being super anti corporate stance and pro unionization story which might just be a bit of the theme this upcoming season since that Olympic one off was staged to be during the first season (Cheyenne had her baby and Glenn had been fired) since, you, know, they all walked out in order to support Glenn.

7. At least one full stare down as I paused it to see.

18. I actually won’t be surprised that only a few of them did. Like, Kit Harrington got his both a) because he kept the big secret all last year and b) he still probably won’t read them until closer to production. And Maisie can play the game well. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if Sophie didn’t get them yet and she is bugging her tv brother and sister a lot about it. Like and all they will tell her is when she should be dying her hair back to red.

23. What I was distracted by is that my undergrad has been super fond of Facebook this year and in that weird interim when the freshmen are in but the rest of the school isn’t, they did that challenge.

9. skrable2 says:

13. Completely agree. The concept was fine, I guess — have the kid displaying hatred he’s seen from others — but it was so overblown that I started to feel sorry for the young actor while not caring what happens to the character.

Meanwhile, how obvious was it that –despite Sharon’s orders — Rusty did not erase the recording of the would-be suspect in the murder of Buzz’s father?

• BM says:

I think they’re going for the “kid is just repeating what he heard and he doesn’t know what he’s saying” angle. They already showed a glimpse of it when Rusty pointed out that Sponge Bob wasn’t white.

10. PatriciaLee says:

2. I find certain channels overdo certain words, i.e. USA s word, HBO f word, so maybe SyFy is h word? 22. I never realized it was missing, but it’s like drinking water in a desert. 24. Hey, we all have sad moments in order to pay the mortgage. She’ll always get respect, never fear.

11. HAP says:

Anyone else think that Rachel will become a lawyer before Mike does on Suits?

12. MissEllys says:

8. YES! I was so confused about that!

13. N says:

10- the cat

14. RD says:

25) Doesn’t matter who’s singing you can be sure that James Corden’s going to drown them out. Turn down your volume,Corden-it’s not supposed to be about you!!!

• Malcolm Mao says:

Uh, no. Britney can’t sing. She shouldn’t be allowed near a microphone (not that she actually uses it much). Did you see him with Adele, or the Broadway folks, or Stevie Wonder, or Jennifer Hudson (or literally anyone else?) Didn’t drown them out did he. That’s because those are singers. Britney is a celebrity, with even less reason than the Kardashians to be famous.

• RD says:

Actually I believe he did.Every chance he got.

• Malcolm Mao says:

If you read my comment, I never disagreed with you. The only reason he drowned her out is because she’s not a real singer and can’t sing a decent note to save her life. I’m impressed that people like you will give away your hard earned money to someone who is completely incapable to produce a decent product. I think it’s true what they say. When people like you they overlook your shortcomings. But even when singing is the reason you supposedly like her, and she actually can’t? Britney is not a singer. James is. For a practical demonstration, watch the video again. And have a nice weekend. No hate. Just being real.

• Leo Berry says:

Yes he didn’t drown them out because they have much stronger voices ! I’m a Britney fan but I have to admit that she’s not a fantastic singer but she’s good enough to make a career out of it . Plus I would pick an actual performer like Britney over someone who just stands there and sings like Adele

15. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

#13…Sanchez should drop that kid In the HOOD South Central /East LA he won’t be talking all that racist sh*t then LOL!!!!
    #21…FSociety slipped up this time. but if I remember right Trenton was looking at the security camera from the laptop while she was loading the new vd footage, everybody else was yapping and she tried to get their attention.

• Dryheat says:

#13, I had a little more empathy for the little rugrat once I realized he might’ve witnessed his mother’s murder.
      #20, I love Mr Robot, but them not foreseeing Susan’s return is a bit of a plot hole…and, so is Cisco talking to Darlene while showering, but not hearing her smash his computer to bits.
      #25, Britney cannot sing, or she wouldn’t have missed the opportunity to showcase herself. She seems like a nice, cute gal…but it also seems like the lights are on, but nobody’s really home. :(

16. Leona says:

19. The changing posters had me rolling on the floor!!!

17. chadcronin says:

20. So far I’m just mad at her for not being grateful for us fans rallying behind the show. If it survives past her then I’ll be ok. If they cancel after this season again, then I’ll stay upset.
    23. What are you talking about. That game was awesome and I was talking about it with family. Who said they won’t use it again. They better. I want to see it played many times.

18. 1. I doubt it. It’s in the Thursday death slot now isn’t it?
    7. Just the one. As soon as I realised what was happening, I had to pause the video to prepare myself for the oncoming giggles. It wasn’t nearly as hilarious as #salamisex though.
    22. It’s so awesome! I’m also loving the Donna-Gretchen interactions. And we finally got a Rachel-Gretchen scene this week. I’m quite a fan of Mike’s stint in prison. Can it last the whole season, please?

19. Mommaknowsbest says:

22. I’m actually enjoying seeing Jessica being a bit humbled, to be honest. I love her character, but it’s nice to see her interact with “real” people for a change.

20. DD says:

11. Totally yes, that was my first association when I heard Charter School!

21. PatriciaLee says:

21. After Susan walked in and they bound her, Darlene lamented “We should have been watching the GPS.” It sounded like they were tracking Susan, but they forgot to turn on that monitor. Maybe, Cisco turned it off, getting her there with them part of his betrayal plan, or maybe it was Darlene’s manipulation wanting an opportunity to revenge whack her Maybe the two of them wanted to forget the GPS, for separate reasons, and Trenton thought they were on top of it.

22. 5. I had an inkling that Dean was involved in the drug trade. It’s clear he was no regular security guy. He knew too much about Ghost and had that sinister gangster vibe about him. I didn’t think he had any connection to Vladimir but the second he switched accents, I was like, oh Ghost is so screwed lol. The Serbs got him!

29. I have to admit I’m annoyed by the Connie news. It’s such a letdown. We’ve been on this roller coaster ride with Nashville since it got cancelled and now that it’s renewed we lose our leading lady for most of the season. Sigh. At least Shemar Moore waited for episode 17 to bail. Yes, I’m bitter. It puts a damper on my enthusiasm for season 5. Meanwhile, Maddie’s still there…

23. rebecca says:

I was a big Britney Spears fan growing up, this version of her that’s been out and about seems like she had a lobotomy.

24. Weezy says:

#6 WHY does the media keep doing this? The wall comment was a freaking joke. He has only clarified that like 20+ times. I don’t particularly like Trump but I’ve never seen a vendetta like the media has against him. He’s going up against a person that bodies, multiple wars, dozens of coverups, dictatorial pay for play through a charity foundation, etc. and you don’t hear one word about it. Do yourself a favor (since the media doesn’t bother doing their job anymore) and go read some of the Wikileaks emails (or any of the dozens of years worth of personal interviews and evidence already uncovered). It might just save your stupid life.

But yes we should be so mad at someone who simply says we need to vet people (only like every other country in the world) before just blindly letting them in. Probably more important when you read some of Soros emails that show Trump was on point all along as to how they are manipulating people while using immigration as a weapon. Doesn’t anyone understand assymetrical warfare in the slightest? Sorry to the braindead out there, but modern day warfare is not a giant army lining up at the gates shooting at you, it’s 99% psychological and information control related.