Nashville Season 5 Premiere Date CMT

Nashville Season 5 Premiere Set at CMT

Nashville‘s comeback tour will kick off just after the new year.

The cancelled ABC country-music drama will make its CMT debut with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, January 5, at 9/8c, the cable network announced Wednesday.

As previously reported, Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomething) will take over as showrunners; Hayden Panettiere, Charles Esten, Jonathan Jackson and many of their castmates are confirmed to return, though star Connie Britton will reportedly leave the series after she appears in 10 of the upcoming 22 episodes.

We hear that the proposed Nashville after-show is still a possibility, as well, even though it was not included in the network’s announcement.It’s safe to assume that Nashville‘s season-opener will deal with the cliffhanger that ended the drama’s ABC run: Divorced parents Avery and Juliette were on the verge of reconciliation… just before her private jet went missing. (A happier ending was shot, but Lionsgate and ABC Studios convinced the network to use the more ambiguous outcome, in hopes of making the drama more attractive to potential buyers.)

In addition, CMT also announced that its series adaptation of the Broadway musical Million Dollar Quartet, starring Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), will premiere sometime in March and that the Billy Ray Cyrus scripted series Still the King will return for Season 2 in the spring.

The network also has ordered a pilot for the soapy comedy His Wives & Daughters, which follows “the eclectic and cunning wives and daughters of larger-than-life country-music legend (and infamous womanizer) Eddie Ray Banks.” The potential series is created and produced by Dina Chapman (Tia & Tamera) and Steve Sessions (Still the King).

1. GeoDiva says:

Happy New Year to us!

2. Ian says:

I’ll have aged 5 years by January.
    Anyone know if Kyle Dean Massey’s confirmed to be back as well? And Connie better stay her behind there if the show is as good as it should have been now over at CMT. I’m hearing disappointing things.

• ABG. says:

Reports are coming out that she will leave after 10 episodes. Why bother with this show if the biggest star on the cast wants out? I like Juliette but Rayna leaving would pretty much kill the show. She needs to be with Deacon.

• brandydanforth81 says:

reports where?It was confirmed Conie and Hayden were returning and I’ve not seen where she said she was leaving after 10 episodes.Though I did know she said after TN passed the gay bathroom or anti gay laws she wouldn’t feel comfortable filming there anymore.

• sarah t says:

It’s on EW that Connie is only signed for 10 episodes but they’re hoping to get her for more.
        Honestly, I don’t know that I would be too disappointed if she’s out after 10 episodes (or if those were spread throughout the season). I like the Rayna character but I thought the storylines she’s had are kind of played out (her and Deacon are together, Maddie is still a pill). Now, if they give her something more interesting to do OR focus more on music like they did at the beginning of the show, I might change my mind about this.

• Azu says:

I agree with you 100%! She’s become boring even deacon. And she hasn’t been the most important character for a long long time

• Dorianne says:

I agree, i dont even know if i have cmt😓 but to wait til january!😓 come on! Why kill us? 😓

• Carol says:

Absolutely. .. who the hell comes up with this crap? You finally get a great show & some morons “high up” think they know better. No wonder Netflix is coming on strong

3. Kate says:

I’m very excited! Hopefully CMT Canada will add Nashville to their schedule soon.

4. Jennifer says:

Oh Happy Day! I’m excited for Nashville, but I am waiting for Million Dollar Quartet. I am keeping fingers crossed that it is as fabulous as the musical. Any early buzz?

5. A says:

I don’t see the point in continuing if Connie Britton is only signed for 10 episodes and wants out.

6. k G says:

The beginning of the end. Who watches CMT?

7. Susan Moon says:

I love the show Nashville. I really hope it stays and for a long time. Love Juliette and Avery. I am always anxious to see them be happy. Sad to hear Connie is leaving. She put in the stability all the characters needed and the show. Hopefully they find someone that will have her character when she leaves. This is a fabulous show. I wish it was on all the time, like the soap operas. I would be glued to it.

8. Dorthey says:

Is Nashville going off the air for a good

9. Rosalind Pinsent says:

@cmtcanada Have any decisions been made as to whether or not Nashville will be aired in Canada on Thurs nights so that we will be able to live tweet during the show. I worked very hard for weeks, as did many others in Canada, to get our show renewed. Now I feel left out & very disappointed! We deserve a lot better! Do we not matter xmy more??

10. Patty Harris says:

Could you please tell me what Channel Nashville will be airing on, I have ComCast and on my CMT Listings it all Music Videos

11. jaynne blihovdehow says:

Love Love Love the show.The music @ the acting was so great and the story line.Please bring it back.

12. paula rosenquist says:

About Nashville–Exactly when is it returning to tv? Date? Time? Channel?

13. Liz Quye says:

I love this show

• paula rosenquist says:

I too liked this show so much!! But unfortunately it now is on a channel that I don’t get. Can’t fans get it back to a major channel (e.g. NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX)? Even if it was on CW I could again see it again.