TVLine Thankful For

Gilmore Girls Revival: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Team Palladino Set for First Netflix Press Event

It’s time for Lorelai and Rory to meet the press.

The principal Gilmore Girls players — including stars Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino — are set to make their first press appearance later this summer in support of the show’s upcoming four-part revival, TVLine has confirmed. The trio, as well as co-star Scott Patterson and executive producer Daniel Palladino, will take the stage at Netflix’s portion of the Television Critics Assoc. press tour on Wednesday, July 27.

It’s unclear if Netflix plans to use the occasion to announce an official premiere date or debut the first footage from the revival, which, as previously reported, is titled Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Netflix has only confirmed that the revival will bow “later this year,” with rumors pointing to a pre-Thanksgiving Day berth.

One issue that will almost certainly be raised during the press conference: Will the four installments be released separately or all at once? Sherman-Palladino previously told TVLine, “My preference would be they would not be released at once, because I feel like there’s going to be anticipation, and I think the diehard fans would enjoy it more with a little separation.”

What burning Gilmore Qs would you like TVLine to ask at the presser? Hit the comments!

1. rahajicho says:

Come on, they have to release a date at this.

2. April says:

Please, please, please do not release them all at once. I know that’ll be an added pia for their media promo and it’ll be hard to wait a couple of months in between releases, but it just feels right to have them go out around the actual seasons.

I also have very little self control when it comes to binge-watching so I’ll be super depressed if I watch them all in a day and that’s it.

Has Netflix done its own mini-series before? If so, what was done for it?

3. Will this press conference be shown on Facebook live? I know a lot of people would LOVE to see it!

4. Eric7740 says:

Oye, with the poodles already!!!! Give the release date and release all at once. If not release them out over the span of a couple of weeks. Do not release them season to season, thats too long a wait, and we diehard Gilmore fans have already waited 8 years for this!!!!

5. Elissa says:

They should release them one week apart. Waiting months is unlikely and probably even pretty silly…. but releasing one per week for four weeks is a good way to keep the press going and stretch it out for fans.

6. Kate says:

I would be curious to know their favourite parts about doing the four 90 minute movies and working for Netflix. Seeing as it’s a bit different from how it was originally. I’d also like to know the (hopefully) release dates.

7. TJ says:

Netflix needs to release them all at once. I hate that Hulu does week to week and that stops me from watching their original shows. Netflix always releases them all at once. For me that is the whole reason to pay for streaming services. If this was a network show that Netflix was getting access too, that would be different.

8. april-ann says:

Release them all at once (there’s only four!) and we will decide when and how we want to watch them. Not being a very trusting person, I am getting increasingly nervous as more information comes out that GG A Year in the Life revolves around the making of a cheesy Stars Hollow musical and that the characters and their stories are merely a backdrop/back burner themes to the cheesy musical, not the other way around, not that I want it the other way around either. I don’t want it at all. I am not even slightly interested in any musical or stage performance no matter how it’s presented. My least favorite parts of the original episodes were always where putting on a show was involved. Nothing but time fillers/wastes of time.

9. John Johnson says:

It would be ridiculous to release one every season. It would stall the momentum and buzz of the project as well as potentially hurt its awards rec (if the acclaim is there). I see no reason for Netflix to change up the way they release things just for this show.

10. Stacy says:

I think it’s most likely that Netflix will go with it’s binge mindset and debut all the eps at once. That said, I would prefer if they released one episode a week for a month, or at least once a day for a few days.

With something that’s been this long awaited, it will be really hard to avoid spoilers from the people who binge in the first 8 hours. :/

• Deb says:

I totally agree. For those of us who don’t want to binge watch, it’ll be spoiled by those that did. One a week, for 4 weeks sounds perfect!

11. Eliane says:

Look, we have waited long enough and , thanks to Netflix, our girls will come back. Release all the episodes at once, please!!!!!

12. Allycia says:

I love this show, I would rush home after work just to watch Gilmore Girls. I hope Lorelai and Luke have twins like the dream she had. Go Gilmore Girls, can’t wait to watch !!!!

13. sarah kiger says:

Will Vanessa Marano be making a appearance. That would be awesome to see how quirky her grown up self is.Also to see if the mother daughter duo rubbed off on her or if she is like Luke.

14. jimbo says:

There’s not going to be a live stream of this, is there?