TVLine Items: Days of Our Lives' Philip to Exit, Arrow Premiere Title and More

The Great Salem Exodus continues.

Soap vet John-Paul Lavoisier, who plays Days of Our Lives‘ Philip Kiriakis, is the latest to exit the NBC sudser.

Lavoisier will last air on Days later this year, after joining the cast in late 2015. The news comes after Martha Madison (who plays Belle Black) announced her departure date from the sudser.

RELATED 12 Soap Characters Who Are Heading Into Red-Hot Summer Storylines

Days fans this year also have said/are saying goodbye to the characters of Summer (played by Marie Wilson) and Lani (played by Sal Stowers), while Jen Lilley is set to vacate the role of Theresa.

Soap Opera Digest was the first to report Lavoisier’s exit.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

Arrow‘s Season 5 premiere is titled “Legacy,” EP Marc Guggenheim confirmed on Twitter, just days after series lead Stephen Amell used that word to describe the theme.

* Freeform has ordered a pilot for Alone Together, a half-hour comedy that follows two millennial misfits/platonic friends trying to make their way in L.A., from Andy Samberg’s The Lonely Island. Esther Povitsky, who has made appearances on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Difficult People, and Comedy Central scribe Benji Afalo are set to star, write and exec-produce the pilot.

* NBC’s Running Wild With Bear Grylls will kick off Season 3 with two new episodes on Monday, Aug. 1 and Tuesday, Aug. 2, with Dancing With the Stars alum Julianne Hough and singer Nick Jonas as the celebrity guests.

* Kevin Smith will return to The Flash to direct Season 3’s seventh episode, the filmmaker tells Den of the Geek.

* Hulu has released a trailer for Season 4 of East Los High, premiering Friday, July 15:

1. Kevin K says:

OH NO. Another DAYS cast member is leaving the show. JPL had an amazing run on OLTL but I’m sad he’s going out with a bang. So emotional on the people who are gone from NBC’s lone sudser from the likes of Shawn Christian, Greg Vaughan, Marie Wilson, Sal Stowers, Martha Madison and of course Jen Lilley.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Another one bites the dust but I’ll be honest. I never cared for this version of Philip. Now if we could just get rid of his mother, ugh.

• Mary says:

I don’t watch days but to tell you the truth I would never start. They seem to throw characters away like yesterdays leftover. I would find it hard to get invested in a story line knowing your “favorite” might not last more than a year. I hope these actresses and actors realize that taking a job on this soap mean only a short stint.

• chiefshawg says:

Amen to getting rid of Phillips Mother.

• wrstlgirl says:

I absolutely cannot stand Kate. She is a horrible, vile person in every way :-) On a side note, I really wish Koslow would stop with the injections. There comes a time late in life where they do more damage than good. She’s a very pretty lady on her own.

3. Phil says:

So… are there any characters left on Days in their late-twenties/early-thirties? Chloe?
    This age group should be the heart of the show, and its future! And Days has ONE?
    Props, though, to Nadia, for the years of loyalty she’s shown to the show, and for still enjoying Chloe. Even with Deimos on screen with her, Chloe being back makes the show feel like itself again.

4. So If your an actor from OLTL and you join DAYS, I guess your only going to be on the show for less than a year. 1st it was the LEGENDARY Kassie DePaiva ( who was ROBBED of that damn Emmy this year), 2nd it was Melissa Archer, and now him….oh well

5. Catie says:

If you want to get rid of a cast member. Get rid of Kate!!!! Can’t stand her. Have been sick of her for years!!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

I’ve gotten to the point where I can’t even watch her scenes. I record the show because I work most days and just ff through her scenes. The only time I watched her recently was when she was with Will & Sonny and then she helped ruin WilSon so I hated her even more, LOL!!

6. Why can’t they get rid of the teens” especially Ciara. They are all horrible!

• Lorenzo says:

Yes they are, these newbies cannot act,, my German Shephard dog is a better actor. Lol

• Bea Grayson says:

You are so right. Teens can’t act and story lines are dumb. All of a sudden JJ who is barely out of high school is now a cop? All the adult men have kids they were unaware of and now Maggie has an adult kid . I can’t tell all the guys apart with those terrible 2 day or more beards . Shave ’em off guys and look like a human. The ‘bad boy’ look is sooo last year.

7. Lorenzo says:

This is not shocking news folks, loved him on OLTL as Rex. But as Phillip he was terrible. Days need to bring back Vivian Alamain, her side kick Ivan. They were entertaining. Also bring back Anna Dimera.

• Normandy says:

Ivan G’Vera would never come back for any lengthy amount of time. He’s got a really good career overseas now. He was also in season 2 of Legends in a prominent role. He also has a cameo in Independence Day: Resurgence.

• grazelled says:

I only watched a little of Days to see the the actors I knew from OLTL. Loved JPL as Rex but Phillip was boring. Since so many other great actors are pretty boring on that soap when I watched off and on since the anniversary until up to 2 months ago I figured it was the writing. Rex was so vibrant and fun while Phillip is dull.

8. lrdslvrhnd says:

So we’ll see one ep of season 3 of the Flash during season 6, then?

9. Sally says:

After watching Days for 50 years, I had to pull the plug! Ciara’s lack of acting chops, her voice and her storyline with Chad were driving me cra-cra! Really sad about it😓

• Maggie says:

I’ve been watching Day since I was in High School, and barely watch it anymore. Great characters and actors are going or gone, and we have new teens who can’t act. The show currently sucks.

10. Evastathis says:

I love Phillip!! He is awsome don’t let hem go please!!!

11. MSQueen15 says:

Bring back Jay as Phillip. He is and will always be the only Phillip in my book.

12. I WILL for SURE mis HIM😥😥😥, I wish i could MEET HIM😍😍💋😍😍❤️❤️, GOD BLESS you