Exclusive
Suits Spoilers

Video: Suits Stars Patrick J. Adams, Gabriel Macht Preview 'Bold, Scary Step' in Season 6's 'Whole New Show'

Suits‘ Mike has done the crime, and in Season 6 (premiering July 13 at 9/8c), the faux lawyer will do the time as the USA Network drama heads behind bars.

“That was a bold, scary step for the writers to take,” star Patrick J. Adams says in the first of two videos below, “and it’s taken the show in a brand new direction.”

You might even call it “a whole new” series, he adds, thanks to the jailhouse setting, which will push Mike to his breaking point.

“I think he’s going to be tested more than ever in this season,” Adams previews. “That means new characters and… new interactions and new relationships and new threats,” many of whom – such as Malcolm-Jamal Warner’s prison counselor and Erik Palladino’s inmate – can be spotted in the featurette.

On the outside, Harvey is jumping at every opportunity to free his protégé, star Gabriel Macht reveals. The firm partner also feels so guilty for what’s happened to Pearson Specter Litt — a lawsuit has driven all the employees to flee — that he actually apologizes to Jessica and Louis!

Elsewhere in the sneak peeks, Rachel reminisces about her relationship with Mike, Donna gives Harvey a wake-up call, and Mike encounters the harsh realities of his new situation.

Patrick J. Adams

Gabriel Macht

1. David says:

I hope this plot line works out. This show has been great about keeping Mike’s secret and the effects it had on him revealing the secret to others. There was always the question of how long that could go on, but it was one of the major themes in the show. I sincerely hope the revelation does not kill the show. I suppose when they do get Mike out of prison he will be able to be involved with the firm as a paralegal, but I cannot see Mike ever doing what he did in the past. Hope it works out because I love this show.

2. Crystal says:

Wow that really looks amazing, I just didn’t know they were going to go after the end of season five but I see that there still so much story to tell and as a committed you are I can’t wait to watch it 👀😜

3. Lauren says:

Didn’t love season 5 but this looks interesting (and thank God Mike got a haircut!)

4. MMD says:

Damn – “content is currently unavailable” in Canada even though we get the show.

5. am nielsen says:

I love this show, very smart with great acting and story line. Do not like “prison” shows, but love shows about our legal system The Good Wife almost lost me because Cary went to jail. Hope this turns out better.

6. Andrew Hass says:

In a way Suits has been reborn because the story of Mike not really been a lawyer could only last so long.Plus i’m betting Mike will get out of prison sooner rather than later but the question might become how it happens he’s released.

7. Ash rahmani says:

Please make this video available in Australia!

8. M3rc_Nate says:

This will be fun to watch and cool ONLY IF they don’t mess around with Mike & Rachel (again). They already ruined her character with what she did with her ex and how she acted after Mike found out.

IF the writers & showrunner smarten up and use this opportunity to have this situation bring Mike and Rachel together, stronger than ever, then fantastic. But if they bring some new guy into Rachel’s life and toy around with them flirting and potentially cheating again, I am done, I am out.

9. I hope they get Mike out of prison I love this show and I hope some how they do make a plot to put Mike back in the firm some way some how that would be very interesting I can’t wait for season 6 to come out I am so excited!!!!!!!

• Joey says:

I hope that the big bold changes work out for this great show. Last year at this time we heard of another drama show making big bold changes, it did not work out so well. We can all hope that the show runners of this show have asked the fans what they wanted to see, instead of telling them what they are going to see. The other show did not do that, causing millions of fans to leave. And that started the snow ball to going down hill fast, show lost ratings. With the huge rating lose the network fired one of the leads, because of money problems, and with 85% of the fan base that was not going to watch the show without the two leads, it was cancelled. This show had 7 great seasons and the 8th was just wrong, because of a big bold change. I hope the show runners of suites do not go down that same rabbit hole, but only time will tell. I’m hoping for a great season.

10. Richard77 says:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- Gabriel Macht is one fine looking man. Can’t wait for the show to be back.

11. Sharon says:

One of the things that I always hoped they would do is send Mike to school. He is so smart he could finish quicker than most.

12. Joey Padron says:

Good preview interviews Patrick and Gabriel did about new season. Excited to see new season in a few weeks!

13. Gregory Turner says:

I hope mike gets chance to really become lawyer or rachel become a lawyer and represent mike in revenge against the prosecution for how they fought.

14. Bonnie W says:

The things I most enjoyed about the show were the relationships and the humor, especially the bromance between Mike and Harvey. Last season was too heavy on the drama. I wish they could make the series more fun but it doesn’t look like its going to go that way.

15. “Content unavailable in your region”
    Oh – that’s interesting, I didn’t realize tvline.com was geographically prejudice.

16. Mez85 says:

Getting the old “geographic restriction” error when trying to watch the videos. SERIOUSLY?! :( Sorry for being Australian. We watch TV and have the internet too you know.

17. Dory Levy says:

I can hardly wait to see season 6!🤓

18. sindyr says:

…and that’s why I bailed. No fun = no me. Bye!

19. Ron Murray says:

Why are these interviews limited to other countries apart from Australia
    Its frustrating that you do not allow fans to watch them. So much for the free world