Suits Casts Carly Pope

Suits Season 6 Enlists Popular Alum Carly Pope to Assist Louis

Suits‘ latest cast addition is sure to be, er, popular.

Carly Pope, who starred on the late WB series Popular and recurred on The CW’s The Tomorrow People, has joined Season 6 of the USA Network drama, TVLine has learned.

Pope will recur as Tara Messer, a cultured and perceptive commercial architect. When Louis reaches his wits’ end with Stu Buzzini (Melissa & Joey‘s Ian Reed Kesler) and the other Wall Street traders, he brings in Tara to help partition them away.

Other newcomers to the series include The People v. O.J. Simpson‘s Malcolm-Jamal Warner (as a prison counselor), as well as ER‘s Erik Palladino and Nurse Jackie‘s Paul Schulze (as Mike’s fellow inmates).

Check out the official Season 6 description below:

Season 6 begins immediately following the events of the shocking Season 5 cliffhanger that left Mike behind bars. After signing a plea deal to spare his colleagues at Pearson Specter Litt, Mike will be confronted with the harsh realities of prison life as he starts his two-year sentence. Meanwhile, the once-bustling Pearson Specter Litt offices are a ghost town — the partners have defected, leaving Harvey, Jessica, Louis, Donna and Rachel to pick up the pieces. But the firm’s troubles are far from over, and they will have to deal with the fallout from Mike’s crime before they can even begin to rebuild.

Pope’s other TV credits include Game of Silence, Outlaw, 24 and Dirt.

Suits returns Wednesday, July 13 at 9/8c.

1. Shaun says:

good additions!

• vra57763 says:

just as Micheal responded I am amazed that any body able to get paid $4334 in 4 weeks on the internet continued/,,,,,,,,, http;/www.55easyline.com

2. M3rc_Nate says:

I have such complex thoughts and feelings about this show, though it boils down to; this show was great, then made an awful mistake, it sucked horribly, it got alright, then it was almost good, and now we are here. I was hoping they’d time jump past prison because the show is at its best when Mike & Harvey are being bro’s. I also worry that with separation they put between Mike & Rachel they will play up that drama and take the opportunity to bring another guy into Rachel’s life (again for drama).
    However, I really like Carly Pope so I am happy with this casting news.

3. Gerri says:

Love the casting.
    I have faith in the writers.
    I love this show.

4. jph_gsg says:

“When Louis reaches his wits’ end with Stu Buzzini (Melissa & Joey‘s Ian Reed Kesler) and the other Wall Street traders, he brings in Tara to help partition them away.”

Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but does this mean that PSL will be sharing office space with Wall Street traders?

5. Cheryl says:

I have loved Carly Pope since she was on Popular and have always wished that she would star in a show where she is a main character again. She is so funny and deserves a great role.

6. Steven says:

I miss Popular. Gotta rewatch my DVDs.

7. Rebecca says:

Love love love Carly Pope. Started with Popular and now I’ll watch her in anything.