Grey's Anatomy Finale Preview: Owen and Nathan Call a Truce

It’s a miracle. In tonight’s Grey’s Anatomy‘s Season 12 finale (8/7c, ABC), mortal enemies Owen and Nathan stop hurling accusations and throwing punches long enough to make… well, if not peace, at least not war.

“Nathan makes a pretty big overture of reconciliation,” says Martin Henderson, who plays McKiwi. “He wants to have some healing in the relationship, and I think, given what’s going on with Owen with the marriage and everything, it’s a time in his life where he may be a little more open to that.”

And a little openness could go a long way toward easing tensions between the warring factions. “In a very small way,” teases Kevin McKidd (Owen), “there’s a detente between them. So Nathan does end up at [Owen and Amelia’s nuptials].

“He’s not Owen’s best man,” he adds, “like he should have been” — and would have been before his unfaithfulness indirectly led to the death of Hunt’s sister, Megan. “But he does get an invitation from Owen, so that’s kind of a big step for him.”

What do you think — are you relieved that Owen is finally getting past his animosity toward Nathan ahead of Season 13? Do you suspect that Riggs’ romp with Meredith will reignite the feud? Hit the comments!

1. I’m so glad that they seem to be headed towards a better relationship. Their fighting was one of the low points of the season for me.

2. I’m still wondering who will play popr memoryless Megan when she finally reappears. We all know it’s coming…

• NM says:

Definitely think this is coming in the season finale. Makes sense they’d stop fighting and then she comes back and says something that will cause some drama and they’ll fight again.

• Holly says:

I would prefer that Owens sister does come back, after the Meredith and Riggs thing I hope these two become a thing!! Turning him into the next McDreamy?!?! I would be AYE OK with that!!! Because you know if Owens sister comes back there will be no Meridith and Riggs

3. Shar says:

if Nathan’s wife/Owen’s sister returns, that makes Meredith the ‘dirty mistress’ once again.

• NM says:

Definitely think this is coming in the season finale. Makes sense they’d wrap it up and then she comes back and says something that will cause some drama and they’ll fight again.

4. A says:

We all know owen is going to blame nathan for amelia having second thoughts about marrying owen
    lol

5. Diana says:

I’m glad they are calling a truce. The fighting was getting annoying. I def think the wedding will happen. Still not thrilled with that. I hope something exciting happens tonight. It seems pretty predictable so far.

6. Courtney says:

I think Owens sister Meghan is alive and will show up the last seconds of the finale and then the screen with fade to black

7. Whatevah says:

It’s about freaking time. This was dragged out way too long.

8. Eleene Hoskins Upchurch says:

I thought it was a 2 hr special night??

9. Artlady says:

I’d like to see Lauren Ambrose play the part of Owen’s sister. I’d like to see ‘Owen’ fix his fangs. I’ve never understood why Hollywood ‘stars’ don’t get their front teeth fixed. It’s so easy. The main male character on Blindspot and the main actress on CSI: Cyber both have atrocious front teeth. I quit watching CSI: Cyber because of her.

10. Holly says:

ALSO!!! At the end of the season finale when Maggie goes to Meridith at the we’d don’t , “I like Riggs” I first thought she seen Meridth and Riggs smiling and what not at each other and she was kind of saying I think you should go for it and be together. But Nooo instead she wants Riggs, ahhh that sucks…I want Meridith and Riggs to be together!!!!!