Grey's Anatomy's Jesse Williams: There's Still Hope for Jackson and April

If Jackson and April could manage to sit down and civilly divvy up his-and-hers holidays with Baby Avery in last week’s Grey’s Anatomy, it would seem that nothing is impossible — even a reunion. At least Jesse Williams, who plays Jackson, hasn’t ruled out that possibility.

“They definitely have hope,” he tells TVLine. “I think, as long as they’re alive, they’re going to have hope, because they care deeply about each other. I would be hard-pressed to ever say the slate is wiped completely clean” for them emotionally.

Therefore, it hardly matters in a way that the newly divorced doctor has begun dating around. “Jackson and April know each other better than I think anybody else in this world” knows them, the actor says. “They’ve been through so much and have seen each other at their highs and their lows.

“So even though they’re divorced, they’re still clearly each other’s person,” he continues. “Even if they were to move on in some form or fashion, that’s still the person that you know most intimately. There’s certainly a magnetic draw physically between them.”

Could that draw be powerful enough to make the former Averys the “one shocking hook-up” being promised in the promos for Thursday’s episode (8/7c, ABC)? Weigh in in the comments!

1. msstargate says:

Last week gave me hope for Jackson and April. I know they love each other and I hope they can continue building on their relationship so they can eventually come back together.

• Sophie says:

I agree. I want them together. They make the best couple on the show. Stop monkeying around and just do it already.

2. Jackie says:

❤️

3. AD says:

Totally agree.. they have the kind of connection that just doesnt go away. I have alot of hope for them & Sarah & Jesse having it too just reinforces it. I love them together and they barely got a chance to be happy. I hope they find their way back soon.
    But i dont think theyre the hookup. Still think its Mer/Riggs

4. Me says:

Japril forever!

5. Whatevah says:

I guess that means they aren’t killing her off? Shoot…

6. Gul says:

LOVE LOVE Japril. Love sarah & jesse. I was so heartbroken when they got divorced (their issues were not insurmountable like Calzona/Crowen’s) but these last few eps have been giving me such feels. I think they’re prefect together & just had all this drama dumped on them without giving them a chance to recover but I still believ they really do love each other. I hope this new baby helps them heal from the loss of their son & they slowly find their way back to each other, wasting that kind of chemistry is just dumb.

7. CAN says:

Jackson needs to tell his overbearing mother to back the heck out of his business!

8. Natalia says:

And … who will die?. Happy endings don’t exist in Shondaland :-(

9. Daphne says:

Every time I watch fan-made Japril videos on YouTube my heart breaks for the current state of their relationship. Although it’s gotten better in the last few episodes, their divorce (and everything leading up to it since Samuel’s diagnosis and subsequent death) was just heartbreaking to witness. They are so wonderful together and I truly hope they’ll find their way back to each other and sooner rather than later would of course be my preference! Why can’t we have nice things Shonda, whyyyyy?

10. Larc says:

I think what April did to Jackson was totally unforgivable. Her deserting him once was nearly that, but the 2nd time sealed it. It was complete selfishness on her part and utter disregard for the person she had made her wedding vows to.

• Me says:

She didn’t leave with another man or even cheat on Jackson. She went away to heal. Yes, it was selfish, but it was also essential to her survival. As soon as she felt better, she came back and started fighting for her marriage. Unforgivable, really?

• Azerty says:

The thing is Jackson also needed to heal, and his way to heal was to be with his wife. That makes it really difficult to root for either April or Jackson because they both needed different and incompatible things to get better and both point of view need to be taken into consideration. There was no win win situation and in the end it’s April who did the “selfish” move. So I would say unforgivable no (specially since they will be reunited) but unforgettable yes.

• Gul says:

Honestly thats oversimplifying their situation. She went to heal & its not even that she packed her bags & left the immediate next day. She was with Jackson for months before leaving but neither she nor him was helping the other. They were at an impasse, someone had to make a move to heal so she took that step. She tried to help herself because he wasnt able to help her & she couldnt help him being a shell of her former self. It might be selfish but I honestly dont think her not going would have helped because then mayybe he could heal but she wouldnt have been able to and they’d be in the exact same position in reverse.

• msles70 says:

Yes. Yes, you are 100% right. And then she got a restraining order on him by lying to him. I hate this relationship. If a man was treating a woman like this, we would call it abuse.

• msles70 says:

You are 100% right. And then she got a restraining order on him by lying to him. I hate this relationship. If a man was treating a woman like this, we would call it abuse.

11. Azerty says:

Of course they will reunite by the season end or early next season…They don’t have much connection with the rest of the cast and for both of them the pregnancy / divorce / reunion is their only storyline. Once they are back together and with a (healthy or not) new born I don’t know what the showrunners will do with them.

12. I could see Jesse leaving the show. This kid has soooooo many other projects popping off, that it would seem hard to juggle with Greys, kids, a marriage, etc. Sarah held her own before they paired April with Jackson. I would love to see April move on and find a new life without her one and only. We see it with Meredith but we know she is strong enough to date and move on. is Kepner? That would be a great storyline.

13. kara says:

hope everything will be fine with these 2 especially after 2 season of pain.
    japril are the only reason I still watch the show…sarah and jesse chemistry is amazing

14. Me says:

The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced they’re going to kill one of them in the finale. Shonda would be perfectly capable of killing April & future baby as this year’s disaster fatalities. Alternatively, she could kill Jackson, but I doubt it, because April would then be one of the several single / widowed mothers on the show and it’s a plot that has already been done a few times.

15. msles70 says:

No. Just, no. I hate this couple with a burning passion. She is a horrible person. She is selfish, self-absorbed and sanctimonious. They don’t agree on anything. At all. He deserves much better and she needs to find someone who can reign in her crazy.

16. Mai says:

Previous episode gave me hope for Jackson and April. I like them together. They’re far more interesting, and have more story, as a couple then individually. If either one of the actors is leaving, I hope the show writes them leaving together, as a happy family. A happy ending for any couple, is probably the most shocking thing the show could do, since it’s something I can’t recall the show has done before.

17. B Marie says:

They were my favorite couple from the day they got together. They are just too perfect for each other I hope the PTB bring them back together even if its’ after the baby comes. With pretty much every relationship (here’s hoping Baily and Warren can work it out but I doubt it) except for Jo and Alex in the toilet they’re a bright spot.

18. Liz says:

“as long as they are alive” that doesn’t sound good

19. Miles says:

I actually like them now. I hope they do work it out.

20. bonniejacoby says:

I like the ideal of April and Jackson getting back together cause they have been throw so much that the really love each other but do not know how to tell each other.