Person of Interest Cancelled Shaw Returns

Person of Interest Final Season Photos: Shaw's Return, Shot Machine and More

With CBS’ Person of Interest unleashing Season 5 — aka its farewell run — on Tuesday, May 3 at 10/9c, we’ve rounded up the latest batch of photos, from four of the first five episodes.

And because the scheduling of the swan song is sorta wacky (airing twice a week, on Tuesdays and Mondays), I’ve denoted the airdate and episode title for each. Because why? Because #TVLineCares.

As first reported by TVLine what feels like a million years ago (but was actually just last August!), Sarah Shahi rejoined Team Machine following her real-life maternity leave, though Finch & Friends will be left to wonder if the presumed-dead Shaw has her wits about her/is to be trusted, following her time under Samaritan’s watch.

I started my final-season binge this morning, and this much I can share: The premiere opens with a glimpse at the end of the team’s story, as narrated by one of its members, before rewinding to not long after they dodged death in the Season 4 finale, with The Machine stuffed into a briefcase. (As you can see in one of the premiere photos, She takes a few bullets during a season-opening melee, which will crunch the clock even harder for the fast-scrambling good guys.)

Want scoop on POI, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Weezy says:

One of my favorite shows on TV. So glad they got a partial final season to wrap things up.

Matt, since you have seen the first 5 episodes, I was hoping you could answer one question for me. Will long-term fans like it in your opinion?

2. Jake says:

This will be two days short of a full year since the Season 4 finale.

3. dioxinblues says:

Thank you, Matt! We care that #TVLineCares ;)

4. Murica! says:

I can’t believe this amazing show will end after this season. I was really expecting netflix or amazon to save POI.

5. Craiger says:

I wonder if Shaw has been brainwashed into being a Samaritan operative?

6. LADY_in_MD says:

The second pic the guy with his back turned sitting kinda looks like Fisher Stevens atleast it looks like the back of his head I’m so going to miss this show but glad it’s getting a proper ending

7. Mac says:

I’m still bummed that it’s ending after only 13 episodes.

8. Kahn says:

Matt, I guess there’s no hope for Amazon or Netflix or whoever to pick this up? I’ve loved this show since day 1. Great characters and I love the plot. This show will be missed terribly.

9. Chris says:

So, is the door completely closed on Netflix or Amazon giving it another season or two?

10. Sad Fan says:

I’m just depressed thinking about this being the last episodes of POI ever. I’m thrilled Sarah is back. I’m looking forward to seeing the show again, but I’ll miss it so much.. Truly it was a show unlike any we had seen for some time when it started. I know at this point my wish for someone to save the show isn’t going to happen and it makes me sad. RIP Reese, Finch, Fusco, Root, Shaw and Bear. Thanks to the producers for introducing me to the amazing Taraji P. Henson.
    Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making Person of Interest the really great show it was.
    (sigh)

11. Elena says:

I’m not going to lie. Everything i read about Season 5 is a huge, huge downer for me.
    The press releases of the first 5 episodes are not helping here.

The first episode sounds as bad as the season 4 finale was.

Episode 2? No thanks.

Episode 3. Reese is STILL A detective? Samaritan still hasn’t figured out who he is? Oh please!!!. Iris? And more of her family? Not even Kara Stanton can make me watch this episode.

Episode 4? I was never invested in the Shaw character and did not miss her at all. Now she comes back, okay?! That episode is going to get skipped. Don’t care. And I’m not interested to watch a Shaw/Root romance. This romance in particular seems forced to me to please certain fans.

Episode 5. Sigh.

Maybe the next weeks press releases have more to offer….

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Positive attitude. Good thing they make 42 minutes of television to accompany each three-sentence synopsis.

• Sad fan says:

Don’t watch it then simple as that, the show is amazing and I am so sad it’s going to be ending

• kmhermanson says:

Not sure what you were expecting, some kind of lollipops and rainbows return where Smaritan had just disappeared and they went back to Season 1 style plots? And it was very clear Shaw would be returning. I will agree with you on Iris though, she’s the worst.

12. wylma says:

I will forever miss this show.

13. joe's says:

Gosh.. why on earth they want end this series.. POI is the greatest thing in the tv at moment.
    CBS executive is lame.

14. Sheldoor says:

Person Of Interest is one of my favorite shows. I love the whole cast. The extended trailer is brilliant . Too bad that CBS has to cut a trailer . It was previously touching that Shaw kisses the neck of Root . And on top CBS drop the series. Could b interesting what happened to Shaw. But I’m also looking forward to see Finch and Resse. They will probably do a lot of action.

• Marty says:

CBS has deleted everything.
      I’m excited to see Sarah Shahi in her role as Sameen Shaw again. Also, Finch, Reese and Root. And of course Fusco and Baer.

15. Pepper says:

CBS dropped it and deleted the greatest trailer ever….Anyway, interessting how Shaw will come back. Brainwashed? Just broken? And the reaction of finch or root. Surprise, Surprise, I am baaaack! Ehhh? Shaw?!

16. Rebecca says:

They always cancel the most interesting shows. I mean. I almost cried at the end of Season 4. How can they do this? They keep the horrible shows going for decades and end the ones that have a wonderful and twisting plot. 😢

17. Too bad, I had the opportunity to watch all 4 season on netflix. It is really a good show, well made and interesting. I hope another network will pick up the show and run it for another 5 seasons.

18. Sherry Davis says:

Please continue POI for Season 6. I enjoy great acting and no cursing in my entertainment as many of us do. PLEASE keep PERSON OF INTEREST. please.

19. Sue says:

Started watching the episode tonight where Shaw comes back. Turned it off as soon as Root goes after Sameen. Yeah, what was a good show just turned pathetic!
    Seriously…..turned my stomach.
    And with John’s Catholic background I’m sure he’s put off by the story line as well. Now I’m glad it’s cancelled. Directors, producers, writers, puh, they really know how to screw up a good show. I watched every previous episode but…….I’m done.

• Teresa says:

I agree Sue. That scene does it for me. They should have ended the show last season when they were rescueing the machine. Now it’s forever ruined by this politcal crap. Done and disappointed

20. john wisniewski says:

please bring them back for another season

21. Janis says:

First The Good Wife; then Nashville; now Person of Interest. Goodbye Network TV; hello Cable and Netflicks and Red Box. It would appear Network TV is appealing to “stupid”.