Arrow Oliver Felicity Reunion Spoilers

Will Arrow Tragedy Bring Felicity Back to the Team, If Not Back to Oliver?

In the wake of Laurel Lance aka Black Canary’s vicious death at the hands of Damien Darhk, Team Arrow is down a man, and at a critical time. Might that tragic setback, coupled with a sense of empathy, nudge Felicity back into the fold?

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells TVLine, “There are two issues” at play for Felicity, who exited the team shortly after ending her engagement to Oliver. “She’s broken up with Oliver and she’s also broken up with the team essentially. And in Episode 19 [‘Canary Cry,’ airing Wednesday, April 27], we’ll see the undoing of one of those decisions.”

And yes, there is an Arrow reality where Felicity resolves one split and one split only. “One does not mean the other is going to happen,” showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine as part of our May Sweeps/Finale Preview Extravaganza. “She could come back to the team and that does not mean that she’s back together with Oliver.”

At the close of the March 30 episode, “Beacon of Hope,” Thea tried to coax Felicity into returning to the team, after seeing the tech whiz ably and enthusiastically fend off that bee-yotch Brie Larvan’s assault on Palmer Tech. Felicity, though, held her ground, indicating that she sees a way for her to offer “hope” to others by way of life-enriching next-gen biotechnology, such as the chip that allowed her to walk again.

Circling back to the recently touched-upon issue of Felicity secretly synching with Team Arrow during her and Oliver’s time in suburbia, Mericle notes, “We started off this season with Felicity really wanting to come back and do this because she herself enjoys this kind of vigilante lifestyle, but that is separate from Oliver. In [the Season 4 premiere], he didn’t want to; it was more about her making herself happy than anything else. So she’ll be grappling in some ways with that.

The coming episodes “will echo [the premiere] in terms of where a lot of the characters end up,” the EP adds, “specifically Oliver and Felicity.”

Guggenheim says of the “Olicity” sitch, “People will have to see if things change or not change” as Season 4 winds to a close. He then reiterates, with regard to the series’ latest death, that which was shared in TVLine’s post mortem Q&A: “We never had to kill Laurel to make Oliver and Felicity a couple. That is really independent from the romantic history that Oliver and Laurel had, and a completely different set of dynamics.”

1. sarah t says:

I’m guessing she comes back to the team again but doesn’t get back together with Oliver (at least not yet).

2. Elsa says:

Do these people talk about anything else then felicity and olicity, jesus christ just rename the show the olicity diaries and be done with it.

• Jackson says:

Oh yes because they contacted TV line to discuss it or perhaps it was the other way around.
      Also how many other questions have they answered previously that don’t include Felicity ?

• Rutherford says:

I don’t usually post, but, I have to agree with you. The focus on her and Oliver has driven me away from this show. I still follow the show via recaps and read various articles, but I usually won’t watch an episode if their relationship is the focus or they waste time on it.

• Murica! says:

I completely agree. This show has turned into a terrible soap opera about olicity. A real shame because the first two seasons were really good.

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS says:

I was trying to figure out the reason why my interest in Arrow has not been as high as the few (and I mean few) show that I still watch on TV. This nails it on the head … This is no longer a show about an action hero. It is “Days of Olicity’s Lives” or “As the World of Olicity Turns” or “Search for Olicity’s Tomorrow”. Blech …

• Fosho says:

You’re commenting and took the time to read so I’d say they made the smart chose choosing this topic.

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS says:

I took the time to read the headline of this article, yes. To read the article itself no. I clicked to see what the posts were like in response to the article and the second post was all I needed to read since I feel the same way. I could give 2 spits what they do with Olicity since I do not care for Felicity, thank you.

• Christy Snell says:

The writers don’t know that you didn’t read the article. Fosho’s point is that you clicked on it and made a comment. The clicks are all that matter. The more traffic certain topics get, the more the writers will focus on that topic.

• Lex says:

Snaps. Smart observation. Why does Olicity get so much attention? Because it’s controversial and gets people talking, even if it’s just complaining. Apathy is worse than negativity; with negativity the keywords are still being used… Twitter doesn’t count if a tweet is positive or negative, so if you really wanted to hurt the show’s ratings and promotion, you’d be more effective avoiding the subject altogether.

• Dmac says:

I agree, this show was one of my must see shows and now if I’m bored I will watch them, if not oh well. Felicity might as well take over as the main character and their relationship…don’t care.

• Erin says:

Wow I know right? Laurel died so it becomes about Felicity? I never used to mind her as the sidekick but now Oliver and the whole team revolve around her. It seems to always come down to but what about felicity? What does she want? What is felicity going to do? Oliver is the lead but this is is less an ensemble now with her positioned as a lead, sometimes moreso than Oliver because heck he’ll give up being the arrow for her and has done so. Yuck yuck yuck. I’m happy for shippers to get their day but this has taken over the show, it’s verged into fanfiction. I find the fact that no one ever recognises this infamous playboy and nearly mayor just by using a deeper voice, a hood and bloody eyeshadow as believable over her fast ascension to the top of the show, running a massive company and the arrow team whilst everyone falls at her feet. She was likeable because she was an underdog. She definitely isn’t either anymore.

3. Nan says:

Personally I think the split with Felicity and Oliver is a bit ridiculous. She’s been with the “team” long enough to know that secrets need to be kept and she herself was injured and paralyzed and Oliver wanted to keep her safe thereafter…it just seemed like an excuse to break them up over the son that he isn’t going to see anymore anyway. Shows that put them together after so long and then break them apart is getting old for me….

• Squirrelly says:

The good ol’ “Conflict Ball”, as they call it on TVTropes.

• Ashley says:

I was supposed to do work but then you reminded me TVTropes exists!

• Lex says:

This entire show is a walking TV trope. Tropes Are Not Bad, but they sure like using the bad ones like they’re going out of style. And they won’t be going out of style, the current TV audience is just more Trope Savvy and recognizes bull—- baby mama drama as the episode filler it is. No, Felicity will not get back with Oliver this season… but the 5×08, the Arrow half of the traditional Flash/Arrow crossover is going to be the 100th episode. Who wants to bet we’re getting an Olicity wedding that is crashed at the very last minute by season 5’s Big Bad, setting up a heartbreaking midseason finale in 5×09? See? Trope Savvy. And God willing smarter people start playing with tropes in planning season 5. Wendy, you let me down. No miracles happening here.

• Liz says:

It’s just the way TV is. Couples break up in sweeps and get back together in sweeps. I hope this is the last time though. No more back and forth once they’re back together, whenever that happens! :)

• Marc says:

I agree the reason for the split was totaly ridiculous I believe they should get back together and stay together and a little Less emphasis should be put on their relationship during episodes when really they should be fighting villains and protecting the citizens of the city.

4. Claire says:

Glad that more — than likely — Felicity will be back on the team. Hoping for more OTA scenes, and with Thea as well, but I have been seriously missing OTA.

• Smoak N Arrow says:

When you realize Oliver/Felicity/Diggle really haven’t talked to each other (in any combo) most of the season… I get a little sad. :(

• tvjunkie says:

OTA was just Oliver and Diggle, Felicity didn’t join the team until later.

• OTA is Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. It’s always been that way. Even show recognized it, is it really that hard to understand and accept that fact?

• Carrie says:

OTA is actually Laurel and Oliver since she is the first person to ever work with him toward bringing a guy down. OTA is another Tumblr creation despite Marc saying he never listens to Tumblr.

• Fosho says:

Oliver never told Laurel who he was. In fact Laurel was THE ONlY person Oliver didn’t reveal his identity to on his own. Slade did that. Your not part of any team if you lied to, in the dark, and excluded. OTA =Oliver, Felicity and Diggle. It’s Arrow canon.

• Mari says:

I guess that depends on how you define “team”. The Hood brought Laurel evidence for her to take to court until the prison riot happened in episode 4 and she decided that he was a psychopath. She later blamed him for Tommy’s death and vowed to hunt him down.
            Everyone else (Diggle, Felicity, Roy, Sara, Thea and Curtis) voluntarily joined the team after they learned the vigilante’s identity.

• Carrie says:

Not the “he never told her” argument against her. He never told her but she helped him anyway because she knew it was the right thing to do. Unlike Diggle & Felicity who even when being told the secret had to take time to think about it. So yeah. OTA is still Laurel and Oliver and not that tumblr created bull.

• Mari says:

He helped her in two episodes (pilot and #2). She helped him once because he told her Declan was innocent but by the end of the episode she had decided he was a psychopath and she needed to avoid him. Maybe that’s the reason Oliver never trusted her enough to tell her his identity.
            Diggle and Felicity weighed the rights and wrongs of helping someone who was killing people and decided the good outweighed the bad.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

Actually, Diggle and Ollie were a team before felicity showed up.

• John says:

I Agree, it started with Oliver and diggle, they are the original team. I’m just tired of felicity, I wish someone would tell her off when she makes stupid comments like in the episode broken hearts, people were getting killed but as always she found a way to make it about her. Oliver yelled at Curtis, but no body tells felicity off.
        She always makes everything about her, like Moira’s secret, then she has the nerve to disrespect her at the funeral when moira was a hero by scarificing her life.

• casydee says:

Two isn’t exactly a”team”, lol! She was on board unofficially very early on, and board officially as of s01e09. OTA!

• I hope that the writers stop with all the wounded, passive-aggressive dialogue for Felicity towards Oliver as she rejoins the team. This makes her character repellent and snarky, and frankly unlikable. I’d rather see Curtis in that role is she continues to be so unpleasant. Also, I hope that she and Oliver are done, and Oliver moves on. He deserves to be happy, which Felicity’s pushing him to return to Star City cheated him out of. If anybody should be bitter, it should be Oliver toward Felicity.

• soonerborn says:

Yes, plus she “LIED” to him for 7 months when she continued to help the team and never told him.

• ArrowFan says:

This^^^!!! I’ve always liked Felicity but that episode was painful to watch because it was SO unlike her!

• Carrie says:

Tell that to tag teams in wrestling. Or pairs in tennis. Or pairs figure skaters.

• kath says:

Diggle joined Oliver’s crusade in episode 1×05, Damaged. Felicity had been helping Oliver since 1×03 and Oliver&Diggle since 1×06 although it was 1×14 when she joined with the official handshake..
        It wasn’t until 2×14 that the next person, Sara, joined the team.

• JC1 says:

Close, but not precisely true. Roy joined the team in 2×12 “Tremors”.

• JC1 says:

Although he didn’t suit up as Arsenal until season three, so maybe that’s what you meant?

• kath says:

No, you’re right. I forgot about Roy. :-(
            So it’s 21 episodes between the time Felicity joined and Roy joined.

• Adam Stewart says:

Felicity wasn’t helping Oliver with his mission and her being an IT department doesn’t make her a teammate. OTA is Oliver and Diggle and always has been, because was the first person to work with Oliver on his mission, while knowing the whole score. Doing that creates a team. Doing something because the son of the founder of the company you work at asks you to is more or less doing a favor, not working with him or as a team on something. Have a very great day!

• kath says:

You’re right that Diggle signed on to work with The Hood 8 episodes before Felicity did. but I disagree that she was helping Oliver because he was the boss’s son. The first time yes, but when he asked her about Reston, she knew he was lying but helped him anyway, just as she did about the “sports drink” and the military grade encryption of the “scavenger hunt”.
            Some people think Oliver/Laurel was the original team because he helped her three times before she decided he was a psychopath and refused to have anything to do with him.
            You think it was Olver/Diggle.
            For me, it’s Oliver/Diggle/Felicity because she helped them even before she knew who he was and because it was O/D/F in the lair for 21 episodes before the next person joined. And also because in-show when the three of them were having drinks early this season, they called themselves OTA.

• Adam Stewart says:

God bless you! God bless everyone!

• Liz says:

1000 x this. I’ve missed that core relationship of the three of them. It worked. I hope we see some of that again.

5. Lily says:

The fact that Marc has to spell out that her death had nothing to do with Oliver and Felicity is sad. They were planning to get married when she was alive and kicking. She was literally a non factor in their lives …

• tvjunkie says:

Ah, so that’s why they made Laurel’s last words all about Olicity? You need to stop drinking Marc’s koolaide.

• Lily says:

They made Laurel’s last words about how she still wanted Oliver. Yikes on bikes at that. But that dialogue was verbatim from one of Katie’s interviews, so who knows what happened there.

• casydee says:

So agreed!What about the guy that died for you? Ick dialogue.l, but not because she hoped he’doesn’t find happiness.

• casydee says:

Don’t know what happened there! Posting from mobile… anyway, Ick factor was not because she wanted Oliver to be happy, but because she said he was the love of her life. Such a toxic relationship, sister swap and all!

• Ugonna Wosu says:

She wasn’t saying she still wanted Oliver. She wAs wishing him well on his journey without her.

• fanta says:

That was Katie’s head canon though. In an interview she said she still believed Oliver was the love of Laurel’s life…so I guess the writers gave in to that even though everything in the story pointed to Laurel being over Oliver. So, yeah, I hated her last words being about Oliver and Felicity…but I don’t think it was about propping Olicity as much as it was giving in to Katie’s head canon.

• aaron says:

Katies head canon is not the shows head canon.

• Carrie says:

Yeah because Arrow is known for caring enough about Katie to put anything in there that she suggested. She said it because that’s what they gave her to play.

• Carrie says:

Are you one of Emilys friends doing her dirty work for her or just pretending to be? I can’t believe there are two women in the world unfortunate enough to be named Fanta.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

Katie didn’t make it up. Who else is the love of her life ? He was the only guy she loved. It doesn’t mean she still wanted him, but looking back on her life , her love history, he clearly had the biggest impact. Why would she mention tommy? Sounds like you guys have your own head cannon where you pretend she was ever in love with him. She chose Oliver, period, whether that was the best decision or not .

• Rana says:

Nah that was Katie Cassidys head canon. It was a last minute write in to please the actress.

• Elizabeth says:

Or maybe because Laurel’s relationship to the team never evolved out of being Oliver’s ex and Sara’s replacement. Even this whole season it went back down to what Oliver did to her and how he betrayed her. So yeah her storyline would conclude with how much Oliver meant to her because her world still very much revolved around his actions.

• Carrie says:

Which is hilarious considering how many times Marc claims they laid Lauriver to rest as of season one. He keeps contradicting himself left and right. Must be hard to keep up with facts when he has to bend them or twist them to make it look like Laurel wasn’t killed for Olicity.

• Liz says:

Agreed. Oliver and Felicity were already together while Laurel was alive. Her death had nothing to do with them. I’m confused as to why anyone would think otherwise.

• Carrie says:

Yet they were broke up and are still broken up now that she’s dead but of course her death influences their pairing. Hm.

6. ABG says:

Still hoping Laurel is secretly alive. I don’t get why they killed Black Canary (again!!!).

Couldn’t care less about Felicity’s love life. I like her character but I honestly hope they keep her and Oliver single.

7. Gady says:

Felicity is so important to team Arrow and Oliver I hope everything be OK by the Finale

• tvjunkie says:

Well the last episode showed she can be easily replaced, so no she’s really not important to the team at all.

• tvjunkie says:

Ok, not the last episode, I mean the one with he other guy who did what Felicity would normally do.

• casydee says:

His hacking skills are not on par with hers. His strength lies in mechanical engineering. I’m thinking he’ll be used in this capacity, not as a general tech guy.

• Carrie says:

LOL they were hacking just fine without her last week. Heck even the episode where she left the team AGAIN she
            Mentioned Oliver being able to make his own Arrow hack and drain money from
            Adam Hunts bank account in the first ep.

• They were pretty good in the 1st few eps of Arrow until they dumbed him down to make Felicity relevant

8. Smoak N Arrow says:

I’m very much hoping that the answer to both of these questions (Felicity coming back to the team and Oliver and Felicity getting back together) will be Yes! before this season is over. I really dislike that the show keeps removing her from Team Arrow every time they want to build up or add in another guy super hero. This is twice now. Whether the show realizes it or not, it’s become a pattern and kind of troubling. If you have to remove Felicity (or any of the original members) in order to make a new one work or fit or serve a function, they really need to ask themselves WHY they’re trying to expand the team. That said… yes, please. Felicity back on the team pronto.

9. Charles g says:

technically, couldn’t Sarah, in the future know what happened to Laurel and come back at the time they left and stop this from happening. I know it won’t but I love all this timey- wimey stuff

• soonerborn says:

I think in the Legends show the time-master/ time-lord (whatever he was) said that there are certain points in the time line that can’t be changed no matter what.

• ABG says:

So basically, they can change what the writers decide they can. I’m liking Legends, specially the “Left Behind” episode which has been the best so far, but the time travel stuff has been poorly defined so far.

10. luca says:

I have hope for olicity to get back together

11. 88Aladdin says:

Happy she’s coming back to the team but I wish the show would stop having her quit and return, quit and return. It’s a bit ridiculous, especially when she was the one who wanted to return to Team Arrow at the start of the season. The writing for this series is so frustratingly inconsistent.

12. Justine Grey says:

So she’ll come back to the team and then get back with Oliver in the season finale as I predicted a long time ago.

13. luca says:

I’m sure they’ll get back together

14. Theres been enough Olcity in this show now to last a whole life time. The show need to get back to being a good show.. And not a Olicity shippers wet dream

15. I’m glad Felicity is gonna be back with her team.. So excited for the rest of the season, looks awesome. :)

16. Rebecca says:

Really more interested in how quentin is going to deal with losing a daughter for the third time, with his heart condition. How Thea will deal with laurel who has been like a sister to her since she was a kid. How Diggle will come losing another team mate.

Would have loved some questions about things that aren’t felicity / Oliver-felicity related. This show has so many good character that are pushed aside for this relationship.

• John says:

I Agree, all the characters this season were sidelined for the relationship drama. More interested to see how it affects Quentin, Sara, and Thea.

• anne says:

we’re not going to get those more interesting storylines. They never take the interesting route. I wanted to see more of Nyssa’s issues in teaching Laurel and their relationship…but nope. Or literally anything else that isn’t focused on the A Plot or Oliver and his Pain

17. Death says:

Felicity is a essential part of the team, she needs to come back.
    Hopefully the rest of the season will focus on Oliver/Felicity/Diggle, individually and as a team, i’ve missed that.

18. aaron says:

I can’t wait for the series finale 4×19 so I can be rid of this show. They officially turned me off after Laurels death.

19. I’m rooting for Felicity Smoak back with the team and Olicity reunited as a couple. This series needs it. Arrow needs a balance, hope and positive things.

20. Manny says:

Hate to see Laurel Lane die. But I think that the Arrow would be better without a love interest. I would like to see him get darker like he was in season 1. Death of Laurel can send him in that direction. On Felicity I’m tired of the soap opera with her. There was strong reason for Oliver keeping the secret of his son. She acted like big baby.

• Casy_Dee says:

That’s not going to happen. Arrow is about him developing into a lighter/happier hero. I think the baby mama drama was unnecessary and felt forced, but she was upset because they were going to get married and he was making a decision about sending away his son (abandoning him like SHE was abandoned) without even discussing it. Families make decisions together. Still, I think this drama to force a breakup was unnecessary. I’d like to see them together with the relationship in the background of the show.

• Kate says:

That is ridiculous. I agree that Oliver should have told Felicity about his son existing, but when it comes to where his son is going to live, that is between Oliver and his son’s MOTHER, not Felicity. It’s none of her business. She has zero right to be angry about that, lol.

• Mari says:

Since Felicity was living with Oliver at the time and was the only money-earner between them, maybe it is a little her business.

• kylevpirate says:

Um… [I think ARrow would be better without a love interest]. You just DESCRIBED OLICITY/FELICITY! Laurel hasn’t been a love interest since season ONE!

21. Liz says:

I was ok with Oliver and Felicity breaking up for a while but I wasn’t ok with Felicity leaving the team so I’m happy she’s coming back. I think it was obvious that the big death was going to bring her back to the team because she’ll have even more reason to want to get Damien for good this time.

I don’t know if Oliver and Felicity will be back together by the end of the season but I hope so. I’m still rooting for those two!

22. Mo says:

Of course this will bring Felicity back to Oliver and the team. Guggenheim must’ve giggled his head off over this, whacking off a canon character so his tv creation can reign supreme.

23. Dominique says:

i’d like olicity to reunite at some point, but only if they make felicity more tolerable again, they took a wonderful, funny, kind character and turned her into an annoying, selrighteous know-it-all.

24. Brigid says:

Who cares any more? They really don’t need her since Curtis is joining the team next season. Why do we need 2 computer people? I don’t even recognize this show and it makes me sad.

• Deem says:

Because Curtis know 1 thing or 2 how to hacking but not a expert, he’s a computer engineer and Felicity is Cyber security computer expert… he can be additional to the team but not doing all her work on Arrow Cave.

25. Lash says:

Felicity is my favorite character on TV, and a huge part of that is due to her interactions with the Team. Looking forward (hopefully) to more than one reunion….

26. Krista Griffin says:

I think she and Oliver are going to get back together, but she’s going to focus on her project to help people with spinal injuries and Curtis is going to take over the tech side of Team Arrow.

27. Dennis says:

Am i the only one that doesn’t like felicity? Give me Sarah or Nyssa or maybe Shado’s twin sister or better yet the huntress. Phuck Felicity

28. kath says:

The death that gives the biggest bang for their storyteilling buck.
    While I’m glad she’s on the team and interested to see the character dynamics with a combination we haven’t seen yet, I’m not expecting Felicity and Oliver to get back together yet. That will happen (hopefully) at the end of the season, with a wedding in the 100th episode, which just happens to be the annual Flarrowverse cross-over ep.

• casydee says:

Yep, I think you have it. I still wish they wouldn’t have thrown in the baby mama drama for the sake of drama. I think they got much less payoff than anticipated out of that one.

• kath says:

I agree about the badness of the Baby Mama Drama. I know they needed to break up Oliver and Felicity for some reason this season but I think the producers underestimated the reaction to any kind of Olicity drama on the part of the audience who wanted a comic book procedural show, and to the “I have to lie to Felicity and jeopardize our relationship because this woman I had a one night stand with and who lied to me for the next nine years won’t let me tell her the truth” on the part of those who like Felicity.
        Then they compounded it by having Thea, who so hated people lying to her for three seasons that she went off with her psychoDad, say that Oliver was right to lie.
        Oh well, it’s done now. RIP bad storyline.

29. e. says:

Honestly I couldn’t care less about Felicity they have turned her into the worst kind of inconsistent character. I honestly would have no problem with her dying and bringing in new characters.

30. Amanda says:

Is this a superhero show or a tacky romance drama? Olicity needs to die if this show wants to score more than 5 seasons.

• Erin29 says:

Why can’t it be a superhero show with an element of romance in it? Why do the two have to be separate? What about the Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic; Hawkman and Hawkgirl; Cyclops and Jean Grey; Clark Kent and Lois Lane; Spiderman and Mary-Jane. Heck, even Batman and Catwoman! There is a place in the comic book world for romance as well as action, else you’d find that a lot of these characters wouldn’t resonate as strongly with such a wide audience. These characters are supposed to seem ‘real’ (to an extent obviously) and, in reality, there is love and heartache.

• Michelle says:

This is an over saturation of romance and it’s killing the show.

• Erin29 says:

I agree that the writers have gone a step too far (for me anyway) in forcing the two characters apart – that was an unnecessary storyline as, I very much liked the couples dynamic between the two when they went back to Star City. It was sweet, it was comfortable and, it was humourous; without being too ‘in your face’. The warmth of it could also allow the writers to play a more dark angle elsewhere as, it balanced it out (not that they really took advantage of that). However (and sorry to play devil’s advocate here), have you ever read some of the insane and overly dramatic romance storylines in the comics? I suppose that, though I don’t like what the writers have now done with Olicity, they really aren’t straying far from the types of drama already within the ‘Comic Book Universe’.

31. Why couldn’t they have killed Felicity instead of Laurel? OMG the whine factor with Felicity is just out of control. This show is unwatchable when she comes on the screen.

32. casydee says:

She’s got to come back. OTA all the way! The show feels off without her. She really didn’t want to ever leave, but imagine working with your ex every day was probably not so good. That said, I hated the baby mama drama storyline. Yes, I get it, for “drama” they need to break up, but come on, writers! EVERYONE is over that particular trope.

My prediction? Oliver will help his team choose the hero’s path and be the “light” for them. Felicity will see him put his money where his mouth is and put the scars of the island behind him, and then they will get back together in time for the 100th episode/Flash crossover.

33. Glenda says:

This is a farce, right ? The “Felicity “is God in arrow world is just evil. A parody on DC/marvel ideas the show fronts “as characters based on”. And to top it off, they insult their audience who were loyal ARROW followers expecting dramatic, complex character stories *honest – loyal * to resembling the foundation of the story.
    They “killed” Laurel, the Black Canary with an embolism, but they have murdered the hero, Oliver, GA and the once intriguing Felicity, by centering their ‘organic creativity’ on a”50 shades of Olicity”.
    Sad. Confused. Regret. Errors in judgement. Abuse of character. Miracles for Felicity. Warriors turned scapegoats. Impostors..magic…secrets..lies..prisons that always fail..but we promised a grave, for ??? And they gave us a freaking blood clot to change “their world”. Why continue?

34. BenM says:

This show definitely peaked at Season 2. It went from batman begins style, the dark Knight, to a platform to make other heroes, to a terrible hour long soap-opera/”comedy.” This show can’t come back, it’s too mired in romantic cw stuff. I hope they introduce another character, and have them be like Oliver used to. Give that person a show. Let the people like the romance and shipping stick w/ Arrow and let the fans of the original Arrow have something to watch.

I’d say Cassandra Cain would be a good choice. They’d obviously have to change her name a bit, and she couldn’t be a bat. The only problem is I think CW is incapable of making a woman that isn’t all about romance. All their female heroes end up being copies of that ScarJo sketch from SNL.

I guess the same can be said about their guy heroes actually too. They devolve into love sick puppy dogs, even though their assassins, ninjas, tech gods, and heroes. There could be bombs all over the city, but they’ll still focus on their relationship issues. Thousands of deaths < upsetting your S. O.

Maybe they'll make a cool Jonah hex spin off. Mix justified w/ original-arrow. Keep it away from all the other shows. Have it focus on action and story. Man that would be the best. It'll never happen, but I can dream.

35. silverpetticoatreview says:

These hate comments toward Felicity and/or Laurel are silly. Am I happy Laurel died? No. I like her as a layered female character. How she was written as a female character may have made her difficult to relate to for some and that’s understandable. On the other end of the spectrum, I enjoy (for the most part) the Oliver and Felicity romance even though I don’t consider myself to be a shipper. Mostly because I root for story first than any relationship (though a relationship is typically central to a story so they interrelate). For instance, I think Felicity getting her ability to walk so quickly simply so the writers could have her make a dramatic exit when breaking up with Oliver, was ridiculous and not true to the characters or to the story previously presented. Not to mention it took away the dramatic effect of Felicity being in a wheelchair. The breakup was contrived to create a false sense of conflict. Tension and conflict can be written without feeling contrived. Look at how Dark Angel handled a main character in a wheelchair. But I still enjoy their romance and I still like Laurel as a character. Going beyond that, I do not understand why everyone is up in arms with Laurel’s final words. It was true to who she was and not about shipping or propping up of Oliver and Felicity. It was an example of well-written unrequited love. Laurel had guts to reveal how she really felt to Oliver. She could have kept her feelings to herself avoiding any awkwardness but she didn’t. She confessed her love for Oliver in a truthful way. She brought up Felicity because she knows that she is the love of Oliver’s life and not herself. And she wanted Oliver to know that she was okay with that. Admitting her own feelings while acknowledging his was mature and moving. But hey, I love unrequited love stories (you know where it turns out to be one-sided). They are rarely handled well in modern storytelling because people focus too much on shipping. So while Laurel’s confession wasn’t as well-written as a Dickens’ unrequited love story, the purpose behind the scene was pretty clear to me and was still well done in my opinion. I get that not everyone liked it but I really just don’t think the intent was to make her final moments about Oliver and Felicity. What she was saying was all about her own feelings she had suppressed and kept quiet. I thought that was quite romantic.

• 88Aladdin says:

The whining and hate directed towards Arrow’s female characters is way past old at this point. The men of this show have been just as moody/whiny/hypocritical as the women but not a word gets said. Double standards suck. Blame the crappy, inconsistent writing for the show’s problems instead of piling on fictional characters who happen to have lady parts. And I agree with you over how much this show loves to insert unnecessary drama to the point where it twists characters into doing things that are completely out of the norm, but I guess that’s where we disagree on the Laurel true-love declaration–I would consider her calling Oliver the love of her life on her deathbed a bit daft and out of character considering they spent the last 2+ seasons literally yelling at each other over him being a cheat and trying to control her life.

• silverpetticoatreview says:

Yeah, there’s definitely a double standard. And fair point about Laurel. Though I still think it was true to her even if not handled the best. Even with all her yelling at him, she still clearly loved him. However, they definitely could have made it more apparent. The writers have had too many characters yelling at each other which has become kind of annoying!

• Carrie says:

Yet somehow we are supposed to believe Marc when he said they left Lauriver behind in s1. So why the “Oliver needs you” that Sara told Laurel in 2×23? Why the little bits sprinkled throughout the rest of the series including Laurel telling Ollie she couldn’t remember a time she used to love him in s3? Why did they never give Laurel anyone else after Tommy? It’s not like they had to cast a guy for more than a day. I mean Thea has been dating Alex for months but he hasn’t been on the show in ages and she still mentions him. How hard would that have been for them to do with Laurel especially if Lauriver was really dead?

36. mranney says:

I cannot speak to her role but I can say that Emily is a guest star on Whose Line is it Anyway which is scheduled to air in June or July. So we know Felicity is still on the show. Thank goodness.

37. acurat says:

Laurel is dead. Question is, does Katie Cassidy get credit for the remaining episodes? My guess is yes whether or not she appears. Next year her name will be dropped from the credits.

38. Oliver can grab Felicity’s face, hold her face with both hand, kiss her, and then whisper,” It should have been you….it should have been you.”

39. NoLaurelNoArrow says:

Man sure would be nice to know how Laurel’s death affects the people that actually care about her, like her parents and Thea, and not Oliver and Felicity who have treated her like crap. The only people that don’t believe Laurel was killed for Olicity are Oliciters. I hope Guggenheim appreciates the continued ratings drop when people that wanted a show about Green Arrow dump Olicity Diaries.

40. Carrie says:

So Laurel’s death is gonna be about Olicity just like Thea’s “death” was. Awesome! I’m so glad I’m gonna continue to watch. Oh wait. I’m not.

The more Marc protests that Laurel’s death had nothing to do with Olicity, the dumber he looks.

41. Ashley says:

Excited for the rest of Arrow Season 4. Of course Felicity Smoak will come back to the team, they need her. And Oliver does too.

42. mac says:

And this ladies & gents is why I dropped the show.
    Writers that care more about a romantic storyline on a show based on a superhero comic book.

“Should we add some villains this week?” “Nah, give them more Oilcity”

43. Sarah Grove says:

Hoping Felicity comes back to the team soon. It’s no the same without her. It will be interesting to see how Laurel death impacts each character in the next episode. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

44. Arrowette says:

I mean since what had ruined so far the show from the past 2 seasons was the relationship between Oliver and Felicity because they became a love couple, the smartest thing to do to go back to the success and roots to the show, is to have Felicity back only as a team member not Oliver gf. When Felicity and Oliver worked together as only team members and dear friends, things were good between them so let it go back like that.

No love for them for the moment, just team members and in the event they will have to fall in love again, give them time to find each other again but make it slowly not forced, give them time to discover each other as individuals first before getting back together. Keep them as team members only like in the beginning when the seasons were great and no love was involved between them, as love and soap opera storylines is the reason the show got ruined.

45. Fosho says:

I love Team arrow and Oliver and Felicity. I just want the team back together and Oliver and Felicity back together. I guess then there wouldn’t be much of a show without conflict, drama, resolutions and lessons learned. I just hate being patient for it to all come together in the end. I’ve loved Arrow season 4 so far and it might be my favorite season of the show yet.

46. Mercy valentine says:

Am so sure dat felicity is coming bck to d team and not to oliver for dis season

47. Shaun says:

I was saddened to hear about Laurel Lance’s death. It makes the team better with her. I also hope for Oliver and Felicity to rekindle again. The evil bad guy Mr Darkh has to go!!!!

48. Agent 86 says:

Of course Felicity will return to the team. How else will she be gifted the mantle of “Black Canary” while Curtis Holt assumes her role as Overwatch at the Arrow Cave (aka Quiver)?

Everyone knows that Green Arrow and Black Canary are the “end game”, so Felicity has to work that black leather, be in the vicinity of a particle accelerator explosion to gain meta human “canary cry” powers and decide to change her name to “Dinah” to make that happen! Totally logical development for this TV series.

Also, it’s nice to see an article addressing Felicity’s role in the TV series following the death of the completely unimportant character of Black Canary. I’m really worried about Felicity’s character since she is the star of the show (which obviously would have been named “Felicity” instead of “Arrow” except they didn’t want people to get confused with that old TV series with the actor from The Americans).

It was also nice that the writers reminded us of the importance of Felicity by having Laurel Lance’s dying words be about Felicity, instead of her sister, mother, father or anyone else who might be of more personal importance to Laurel.

• Dmac says:

Thank you! I am getting tired of St. Felicity. It is beyond frustrating when I’m watching this show only to realize that the writers have no interest in Oliver. Now we get to see her be a beacon of hope for everyone. Awesome.

• Mari says:

Laurel’s dying words were about whatever request she made of Oliver. Before that she told him that he was the love of her life.
      I say with 100% confidence that Felicity will NEVER be the Black Canary. Nor will Curtis be Overwatch. If anything, he’s going to be Mr. Terrific.

49. Mind Davies says:

They need to get back together. Team Arrow needs to have the Overwatch, and Oliver Queen needs Felicity Smoak to find true happiness.

50. Evan says:

While I would love to have both Felicity back on the team and back together with Oliver, I’ll take her being back on the team. Though I’m sure Oliver and Felicity will eventually get back together. I’m super excited about the fallout from Laurel’s death, it has such wide reaching effect and I’m curious to see how it changes each character.