charmed-reboot-original-cast

A Charmed Revival With Original Cast? Alyssa Milano Clarifies Recent Buzz

Could Charmed follow in the footsteps of Full House, The X-Files, Gilmore Girls, Prison Break and the like, and bring it cast back together for a fresh run of episodes?

As the cult-favorite WB drama nears the 10th anniversary of its series finale, Alyssa Milano got fans thinking about just such a revival… and then took to Twitter to temper expectations.

In a recent chat with Entertainment Tonight, Milano, who played Phoebe Halliwell on the witchy sisters series, said, “It seems like [a cast reunion] going to happen any second. I just feel like with all these [TV] reunions… someone’s going to put that together at some point. And we’re all totally on board for that!”

Indeed, back in October 2013 — shortly after CBS ordered a script for a possible reboot, though with an all-new cast — Milano reached out to her former costars about reuniting for at least a TV-movie, and Shannen Doherty, for one, was on board.

But on Saturday, Milano made clear in a series of tweets that there is no firm plan for an original cast reunion, saying that the aforementioned reboot — though declared dead by TVLine’s Michael Ausiello a year-and-a-half ago — would seem to present an obstacle:

If the reboot-with-recasts is in fact dead — and I’m hearing there has been no buzz about it in the hallways of CBS — how quickly would you conjure a DVR season pass to hang with the Halliwells again?

1. Please please make a revival of this show. Shannen, Holly and Alyssa need to come back together. I loved Charmed. But if they revive it, it has to be done by Netflix

2. spindae2 says:

Ohhh my Charmed feels! One of my all time favorites! I`m all in for a continuation story, so CBS let it go.

3. piebokou says:

I would love to hangout with the Halliwell anytime. As long as they bring Prue back too, I was never satisfied with that reborn nonsense.

• Annie says:

Lol Pru and Paige were always my favourites…my allegiances were always torn lol

• piebokou says:

I was never really sold on Paige I was always a Piper fan first, then Prue then Phoebe. I always like the dynamic between the three. It really had a sisters feel you know people you love to hate but can’t get rid of. I never really felt that with Paige she was fun but that was that. And when it came to season 8 I hated the new addition that new girl ( The one Kailey Cucoo played.)

• Annie says:

I love their whole dynamic too, they felt like sisters; like real people. I love them all, but Piper sometimes irritated me with her constant desire for “normal” and hating her gift. She had the coolest of all the powers and she didn’t want it. Phoebe had the worst of the powers and she loved being a witch, embracing it.
          I’m a huge Rose McGowan fan and I liked Paige’s kindness and dedication to other people – which were traits Pru had, but just came out differently with her. I would love a chance to see Pru and Paige interact – like all four work together

• Anna says:

While I liked Prue better, Shannon was pretty awful and given the way she left, there is no way they’d ever bring her back. She has a history of leaving shows because of her bad behavior on set.

• Eran says:

The “coffee house” she is currently employed at is called invasive cancer treatment, you heartless tw*t.

• Annie says:

I hate when actors leave shows – the death of Prue like destroyed little 13 year old me hahah. But I think they would bring her back; creatively it’s the best thing to do…and I’d like to think that Shannen has matured in the years since. Besides, it would likely be a limited series type thing, much easier on the schedule.
        Could you imagine Shannen and Rob Lowe doing a show together hahah be a race to see who leaves first

• collie2016 says:

Phoebe’s been reduced to using breastfeeding her kids to stay in the “news”!! LOL

• piebokou says:

Personally I don’t think we all really know what ever happened between them. And Alyssa seems to have no problem in working with Shannen again, so must not have been as bad as they made it seem.

• Barbara says:

You have a point piebokou we never did really find out what happened between them and the show had way more potential in my opinion.

• piebokou says:

true that, I think that they kinda got lost when they kept trying to force feed us that Paige, Piper and Phoebe would have the same bond that Prue, Piper and Phoebe had. Then the show became more of a mess with the avatar, saving Leo , losing Leo , Leo the human and whatnot. Don’t even get me started on season 8.

4. Lena says:

YES PLEASE. But with ALL four sisters. Both Rose and Shannen. Would love to see Prue and Paige in scenes together.

5. Dominique says:

i would give anything for this to be the next show to be revived. i loved charmed so so much and i would love to see the sisters back together again, even if it;s just for one time.

• lechatnoir says:

A bit of gender bending wouldn’t be bad. Instead of Shannon they should add a witch bloke. A half brother who suddenly tracks down the long lost sisters.

6. Ugh, no. Charmed was a terrible, boring, brainless Buffy-wannabe. The show was about parading the leads around in increasingly improbable/skimpy outfits.

• Steven says:

Sure it became that in later season. But seasons 1 through 4 were genuinely really good. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

• Annie says:

Seasons 1-4 were actually pretty in line with the social points of Buffy – a focus on female relationships and female power. When the network forced out the original showrunner and put in Brad ‘I-Kill-Shows’ Kern it lost all that. The show twisted into stupidity; the sexy outfits, focus on their love lives, and messing with the very core of the show (seriously, Piper should not have had sons. It’s against the very point of the show).
      When Constance was in charge, it was great. When she left, it sucked.

• Marco says:

Since the first 3 to 4 seasons basically made all male magic users as either evil or subservient to the women, you’re saying that the point of the show was… Sexism?

• Annie says:

They weren’t subservient – and there were many male witches who were good. But either way, it was a show about power women have ; considering every show and movie ever is about men and *their* power, the few we have about women really don’t make that much of a dent.
          Brad Kern must have been on the same level of belief as you because he mutated the show into a show about all the special men folk. Always love that, a show about women gets co-opted into a show about special men

• Marco says:

Strange you say that, since seasons 5 to 8 were ruined by the focus on the Halliwell sisters – especially Phoebe – as they became downright monstrous because they were complete Mary Sues that could do no wrong (especially season 6. UGH.).

Also, did you watch the show? Man, female witches were good or evil, but male witches were ALWAYS evil aka warlocks. The whitelighters were subservient to the witches, like guardian angels to them, and those were mostly (apart from Natalie) men. Hell, the villain counterpart to the Charmed ones were three BROTHERS.

And the Elders? As a wise woman said, ‘they’re d*cks’.

Even Cole, who in seasons 1-4 is the most prominent magical user, starts out as an evil demon. Kinda hard not to read something in that.

And a bit of trivia for you:

Until the appearance of the character Chris Perry in the fifth season finale episode “Oh My Goddess”, the only male witches shown on the series have all been children. Richard was the only other male witch until he gave up his powers for Paige.

• QueenB says:

They didn’t start wearing revealing clothes until the second season. Milano was the one of wore the trampiest ensembles. The first three seasons with Doherty were the best.

7. Lindsey says:

Too soon.

8. Steven says:

This needs to happen. This show was my first tv obsession. There was a time when all I had to look forward to was the next episode of Charmed.

9. DW says:

I really appreciate Alyssa for taking an active part in keeping the idea or a foundation for a reunion alive. Alyssa Milano is arguably the busiest of all 4 of them — mostly because she has her hands in so many different areas of entertainment and design. Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty & Brian Krause are consistent regulars on the comic-con cirquits and conventions. Rose McGowan has participated in a handful as well. I’m a very big fan of the original series — us fans have a huge attachment to our 4 original girls & the chemistry can’t be knocked — it works. Along with the comics, CBS definitely got the message as it related to re-booting the entire series with fresh faces; were not interested. Shannen & Holly appeared on a FOX news program as of late in promoting their limited joint travel series, “Off the Map With Shannen & Holly.” No matter who is being interviewed & if it takes place as an individual or as a group, all the girls are quite aware of the fans’ appetite for this to take place at some point. Shannen, while with Holly during the FOX segment on their new series, quite frankly articulated that if it was just up to them (“us girls”), meaning if they owned the rights to the series outright, they would probably get going on it. Having said, I have always been a bit confused about the rights to the “Charmed” series in that even after Shannen left the series after season 3, she still technically owned 5% of the series in and of itself — everybody on the business aspect of things would have to be in or near 100% agreement. Right now, with the comics, it adds another layer of complications, despite rumors of CBS practically all but announcing that the tenth season of “Charmed” in comic book form would be its last. If that no longer becomes an issue, there is also the matter of the shows creator, Constance M. Burge, suing CBS for what I believed to be a complete denial of profits and fees she is entitled to. I do really believe that we will get a reunion with all of our girls, it just might be later instead of right around the corner.

• Steven says:

I didn’t know about the lawsuit until now but I see that was filed 5 years ago. I’m sure by now that has been dealt with.

10. Rob G says:

Honestly, the series finale was much too saccharine for my tastes. A reunion with some butt kicking and and original sister bonding (with PRUE included) would be simply fantastic!!

11. A. D. says:

Please revive with original cast!

12. Maryann says:

I would absolutely love a reunion series with the original cast!

• dragons3 says:

Me too. The Charmed Ones together again, kickin’ butt and takin’ names while raising the next generation of Halliwell Charmed Ones.

13. Cas says:

I would love this! Seems weird that Alyssa and Shannen would work together again. I thought they hated each other and that is why Shannen left/was fired.

14. mspaoperez says:

Aparently they are working on a script that’s what I read in other websites, but with no original cast member. It would be amazing if the sisters come back at least for the pilot. Some sort of “passing the torch” thing.

15. Drew says:

I’m not really a Charmed fan (now, a Who’s The Boss revival would be awesome!), but if they got Shannen back too, I would probably watch.

16. MJ says:

Yes!! Please!! One of my all time favorite tv shows. I would love for this show to come back with the original 3 sisters. Paige can visit from time to time if they the a power of 4.

17. Luli says:

If its a revival with the same cast I’m all in! But a reboot with a new cast? NO WAY

• lechatnoir says:

Let’s face it tv is for the younger millenials. A reboot will certainly have chicas that look like the pretty little liars with the maturity of the vampire diary. It’s the truth.

18. Melissa says:

I would LOVE to have a revival season of charmed I LOVED THE SHOW!!!😍

19. jr. says:

This was a good show!

20. Annie says:

I would absolutely LOVE anything new with the four sisters.

21. dan says:

They so need to do this.

22. Masheen Gunn Shayde says:

Yes please… I’m a charmed addict..no new cast…though… Y’all kinda left us hanging in the final season…I wanna know what’s going on with the children and the sisters….

23. BWytchin says:

Would love to see a Charmed revival…without Shannen. I own all the series but rarely watch the first 3 seasons and didnt cry at all when Prue died. Besides how would they bring her back?? In spirit like Grams and their mother??

24. I love Charmed.Id give a reboot a chance

25. Marie says:

Let’s go CBS my dvr is waiting for the charmed anything!!!

26. Amanda Davis says:

I would love to see all the regulars back together…..however make Prue a ghost….OR DOG :D and not too much of a role…can’t stand Doherty!!!

27. christopher bee says:

I understand why revivals of somewhat cheap in costs Shows can do an encore.
    But what i like to watch would be such shows like “Space: Above and Beyond” or more far away “Mr.Terrific”.

28. Hege says:

Charmed was my guilty pleasure TV. It was so cheezy that it actually was quite fun. The last season was a mess. I’m not sure about a revival. If they had a revival it should be about the next generation and the sisters could guest star. Prue could visit from the spirit world like their mother and grams did.

29. Collie says:

That chick who replaced Shannen truly sucked… then she went and destroyed her face!!! LOL The show lost me after Doherty left.

30. Marco says:

If it has to be like season 5-8, forget it. Not that the first four years were perfect (I mean, every male magic user that wasn’t a whitelighter was evil, for starters. Then there’s that ‘window of choice’ bull (the series basically said that evil was genetic. TF?), Phoebe from season 4 onwards, GRAMS (what was the point of that ring?), etc…) but from 5×01 when Phoebe went all ‘Queen B’ (the B stands for a word that rhymes with witch) Charmed was DEAD. It then became ‘Phoebe the bestest in everything’ and it sucked galore.

31. Scott21 says:

It only bothers me that the main picture is mirrored? They looked weird like this

32. me says:

If they bring back the show, I hope there will be Drew Fuller as Cris too. Love Cris, best character in the show.

Dont bring back Kristie, really annoing character.

• me says:

Kristie – that blond girl in latest series. Maybe i wroted her name wrong…

• S says:

I think you mean Billie cuz Christy was killed by her sister Billie. Kaley Cuoco is probably too busy with Big Bang Theory so Billie will probably not show unless it’s for a cameo.

33. Gina says:

Yes please!!!!!! I would love a revival of this show!!! Much more than some of the other ones they are bringing back. This show was awesome and is still to this day one of my faves!!!! Piper and Leo were my fave! And I loved their kids too!! :)

34. Sadie says:

This show was beyond awful. I like some of the actors but just…no.

35. Lizzy says:

I just hate the idea of CBS about even trying to make a reboot without the original cast. There are only 3 real Charmed Ones and they are Shannen, Holly and Alyssa!!! Charmed has been the best series ever….obviously considering it lasted until season 3……… so I hope someone can come true our wish of a Charmed revival….I’m excited about watching again my favourite Charmed Ones Prue, Piper and Phoebe……but I have an idea for the revival. Let’s tell us that Prue’s death and the existence of Paige was just a terrible nightmare the sisters had and Prue never died and Paige doesn´t exist pleaaaaseeeeee!!! the story should begin with Prue, Piper and Phoebe awakening after having that terrible nightmare (seasons 4-8)

36. Ray says:

Far too early for a revival or reboot. Besides, the show went to sh** after Shannen’s departure. It would be best forgotten. Resurrect Witches of East End instead or find a new premise for a witch centric show.

37. Michaela says:

Shannen D is dealing with a breast cancer right now — and frankly even though she looks great for her age, sad to say, Shannen is not the shallow definition of Hollywood ready right now. I am sure she can get herself to that point — IF she wanted and if this was her biggest concern, which I suspect it is not. .

38. Winston says:

I love the show. Watch it every morning on TNT despite owning the DVDs. While I agree there was a major tonal shift from seasons 5-8 it saddens me how much hate those seasons get(I just discovered the hate) I love the show as a whole and I’d say that 7 was the best of the later seasons, followed by 5 then 8 then 6. But I’d never not acknowledge those seasons as cannon or talk down on it. But back on topic I think the show ended nicely and it’s just too soon to do a Reboot, original cast or not.

39. Frank says:

A charmed reunion would be awesome. I still watch this show daily. It is one of my favorites, charmed reunion and a gilmore girls reunion all the same year would be fantastic.

40. chloe says:

Please bring back the Halliwell sisters, all of them!!!!

41. Chantall says:

At the end of season8 when that little girl closed the door with her powers and the music played at the end, that was it!!! Its was the end of my childhood

42. mike says:

Well Pru is dead isn’t she? Couldn’t stand the Rose years. Just horrible contrived casting. And that’s saying something for Hollywood. Is Holly even still alive? Haven’t seen hide nor hair of her in years

43. Margie says:

OMG! i hope so this was one of my favorite shows and I miss it praying!

44. Amanda says:

I hope they bring back Charmed its my top 10 shows that i Love very much so i really hope they come back as long as the original characters come back & maybe some new ones 2 for like: thy bad guys!

45. shamrockblonde2015 says:

love this idea! – but Pru died so how does she come back? does she get to come back the same way that Grams did? I would want to see all four sisters interact – loved this show –

46. Lei says:

I’m not watching it if the original cast doesn’t star in it. Never should have taken it off in the first place. Got me all in my feelings.

47. Sharon Serano says:

I would love to see a Supernatural/Charmed crossover.

48. Aliza says:

I love charmed so much in fact I love it so much so that i’ve watched it at least minimum 5 times already. Please, please bring it back its my fav show ever. I would love to see all four of the sisters together with the sisters children aswell, I am sure it would bring an edge to the show plus it would feel right considering how it ended with the children taking over

49. Federico says:

Yes! I hope for a Charmed new season with the original cast, including Shannen. I’d love it cause from season 4 I missed her character. I think the 4 sisters together can start new interactions. Do you remember Piper and Prue were most united?
    And maybe a new powerful enemy can add new drama.