Mysteries of Laura Renewed Cancelled

Ratings: The Mysteries of Laura Closes Season 2 With Season High

NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura closed Season 2 on Wednesday night with, yes, a deliciously dramatic, soul-crushing twist, but also 7.4 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, rising 13 percent and two tenths to tie its season high in the demo and thus equal its best rating in a year (since Eric McCormack’s February 2015 visit).

Leading out of that, SVU (6.8 mil/1.6) ticked up a tenth, while Chicago P.D. (7.1 mil/1.5) dipped a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | Survivor (9.2 mil/2.2) rose 10 and 16 percent, Criminal Minds (9.2 mil/1.9) ticked up 7 percent and a tenth and a special CSI: Cyber outing (6.6 mil/1.2) was up two tenths from its most recent Sunday telecast and matched Code Black‘s week-ago finale.

FOX | Rosewood returned from hiatus to 3.6 million viewers and a 0.9 rating, dropping 28 and 40 percent from its midseason finale, obviously hitting series lows.

ABC | An 8 o’clock Goldbergs (7 mil/2.0) and Modern Family (8.2 mil/2.6) each rose a tenth. The Real O’Neals at 8:30 debuted to 6.3 mil/1.8, off a tenth from The Goldbergs‘ most recent airing in that slot; at 9:30, the Tuesday-bound freshman comedy drew 6.1 mil/1.9, matching black-ish‘s latest tally. American Crime (3.3 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth to match its season low.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Can Mysteries of Laura dodge cancellation twice? For all you complainers out there, don’t lie to me.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Here’s my take on The Real O’Neals. The show is downright horrible involving an Irish catholic family but I think this is the same formula CBS’ short lived sitcom The McCarthys did.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

O.K.

• David4 says:

So the show is horrible because it deals with an Irish catholic family? I don’t understand.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Do you guys think that The Real O’Neals is just as good as The McCarthys or in my own words “downright horrible” as the short lived CBS sitcom? Complain all you want complainers.

• Sg. Grant says:

Please, learn English before you continue to comment here. This is an English website.

• Mr. Tran K says:

^ WHINER and COMPLAINER

• Mr. Tran K says:

Grant how many times that I told you that if I can’t learn English when I’m commenting, you whine and complain. Stop making excuses after excuses after excuses and stop acting like an immature adult.

• David4 says:

I honestly have no clue what his problem is. Clearly unstable though if he can’t even explain why he didn’t like a show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

David what did you mean by NO CLUE? Your problem is that you’re still whining and complaining. What part of that did you NOT understand? Wish you weren’t born yesterday so you can whine and complain to your mama and stop acting like an immature adult like your “friend” Grant.

3. Bwhit says:

Chicago PD was so good last night! I watched The Mysteries of Laura last night for the first time since the pilot because Arrow wasn’t on and I have been missing out! I know the first season is on Netflix so
    I’m going to try and binge on it this summer.

4. Nicole says:

SVU Was so good last night. I have no idea what the real truth is regarding the case but can’t wait till next week! fantastic episode great acting by all.

5. David4 says:

The Real O’Neals was great, but I have a feeling the dad and the older son are going to become insanely annoying.

What I have noticed though is all of ABC’s comedies are narrated by at least one family member.
    The Middle = The Mom
    Goldbergs = Son
    MF = Everyone
    Blackish = Dad
    Fresh… = Son
    O’Neils = Son

• Chopped Liver? says:

What about “Last Man Standing” and “Dr. Ken”?

• Tennisnsun says:

Mostly by a young son in the family. First one I remember was The Wonder Years so long ago. Also ABC’s drama Grey’s Anatomy does that. I always have to turn the volume waaaaay up to hear what Meredith has to say.

6. Gail says:

I wonder if Modern Family will ever have an episode where the documentary they have been supposedly, working on , ever is seen and how that impacts the family.

7. rebecca says:

maybe ratings are up for Mysteries of Laura because the show is now on Netflix? I binged the first season last month and loved it. Caught up in time to watch last night live. Hoping for a renewal.

8. Bobby says:

We LOVE The Mysteries Of Laura and hope it gets another season or 4.

9. The critics poo pooed MoL when it first went on air. I liked the actors, so started to watch. Surprise everyone, it’s a darn good show. The writing is good, you can invest in the characters, and the policing isn’t bad. Last night’s episode was great. Sort of had a Tracy/Hepburn relationship going and those old movies ending. Makes me want to see what happens next and I’m rooting for Laura! As for the ABC comedies…not a fan of most…do like Last Man Standing but the political comments are beginning to bug me. Missed Chicago PD last night because it was the Suits finale on USA. Will watch CPD On Demand, as well as check out the McCarthys.

• c-mo says:

I love the political comments on LMS! It’s the only show that has dared take a more conservative view and make digs at the current White House, Hollywood influence and the other faces of liberalism. What this show does that every other show doesn’t do is provide an opposing view that doesn’t make the character look like a buffoon.

10. Ooops, I mean will checkout the O’Neals…my bad.

11. kmw says:

Good for Laura that she went up, bad that the Chicago show went down. Decent start for O’ Neals hope it can help ABC on Tuesdays. I knew Rosewood would drop without Empire but that was a much bigger drop than I expected

12. Nicole says:

I really liked the O’Neals. I found it hilarious. I caught it on hulu this morning and am surprised that people didn’t really like it. I don’t normally watch abc comedies but this one I think is a keeper.

13. Jason says:

Where’s the love for American Crime??? It’s such an amazing show – cast, story, direction – it’s truly television worth watching!

14. Jared says:

Although I don’t watch Mysteries of Laura on a regular basis, I’m really curious to see what NBC does with it. The ratings aren’t great but when you add in delayed viewing it definetly has a case for renewal.

15. Kristen says:

I was distracted during The Real O’Neals by how old the oldest son looks. I know it’s easier to cast 18+ year olds to play teenagers, but that guy has the beginnings of a receding hair line. Did the casting directors watch Wet Hot American Summer and get confused by what teenagers look like?

16. Meghan says:

Love Mo L! I’m hoping Josh Lucas takes off his shirt and walks around in his undies next season! Mmmmmm..he’s hot!

17. ceesah71 says:

If him and Laura don’t get back together I won’t be able to stomach the show. I will no longer watch it.

18. ceesah71 says:

I absolutely love the mysteries of laura!

19. MoL is a good show; the cases have gotten a lot better this season from the first. The subplots have been lurking as well, but doesn’t necessarily distract from the show. Though it looks like they have a rep of rotating an interim cast member in and out. Last year it was Meg Steedle as Pulaski. This year, Callie Thorne’s Cpt. Santiani. We’ll see who rotates in for Season 3. And who becomes Captain; hope it’s not Jake as Captains in that precinct don’t seem to have much luck. Jake got shot, the previous is in jail for murder, and the latest got killed.

20. emerald says:

I dont see where the love is coming from with a Laura and Jake hookup on MoL. He cheated on her continuously when they were married. It just makes the whole relationship seem cheap and she becomes another main female character that is written solely to have a relationship….bechtel test anyone. I loved the show when it started but the constant need to introduce characters and then get rid of them and the 180 change in Lauras personality means that my interest in waning by the episode.

• Tani J says:

Too bad she didn’t feel love with Tony. Seems to me that she only “realizes” she still loves Jake when he fell in love with someone else – and that seems genuine, she has the ring on so Jake proposed. I hated how Laura was setting Tony up to be so hurt – that’s an evil thing to do! I hope they do NOT get remarried. Jake has moved on – and Laura should have been more honest with herself, and not hurt Tony.

21. Jo miler says:

Even my husband loves Mysteries of Laura, and he doesn’t usually like chick shows!