Sleepy Hollow Season 3 Mystery Asset Daniel

Sleepy Hollow Star Says Season 3's 'Asset' Question Is 'Tip of the Iceberg'

We asked, Sleepy Hollow fans. Showrunner Clifton Campbell answered. And when you weren’t satisfied with that explanation, we asked again.

We’re talking, of course, about Daniel’s phone call immediately following Abbie’s FBI resignation in the midseason finale, “Novus Ordo Seclorum.” In case you’re fuzzy, this should jog your memory:

MYSTERY MAN: You were told not to call this number, Agent Reynolds.
DANIEL: Unless I had a problem, and this rates. The asset we were cultivating, we just lost her.

Late last year, Campbell told TVLine that Agent Foster — and not Abbie — was the subject of a FBI bigwig’s earlier reference to a “diamond in the rough.” But what about that “asset,” many of you asked?

“I’ll just say this: That is definitely explored more,” Jessica Camacho tells TVLine. “That conversation leads into Reynolds’ approach to Abbie when she comes back.”

Not wanting to say too much, the Sleepy newbie only added, “That is the tip of the iceberg. That’s the tip of where we’re going.”

Sleepyheads, are we a bit more satisfied with this answer? Sound off in the comments!

1. Shaun says:

Does the Sleepy Hollow PD not investigate homicides anymore?

• Wordsmith says:

After the loss of a sheriff, a captain and at least two of their deputies, I’m not sure how many people they have left on the payroll…

2. DL says:

I’m satisfied with this season so far. Not quite as strong as the first, but a far cry better than the second.
    I just think it’s unfortunate that the show’s mythology outgrew the “Headless Horseman/Four Horsemen” concept so quickly, to the point that it seems like now they can pretty much throw in anything and make it fit. It lacks a sense of internal logic at times. And the scope of the show has grown so broad that the spooky intimacy of this quaint little misty town and its secrets is basically gone. And that’s really sad, in my opinion; it was one of the things I loved about the show. Now I’m basically just in it for the great cast, because the plot mostly makes no sense.

3. Sara says:

You know you have a Gilmore Girls overdose when you thought the title said Stars Hollow

4. manzatu says:

Când ştii că eşti acasă?

// event.2parale.ro/events/click?ad_type=product_store&aff_code=036a3f65e&campaign_unique=ca8f8ce30&unique=070afad5f

2016-02-16 0:58 GMT+02:00 TVLine :

> Kimberly Roots posted: “We asked, Sleepy Hollow fans. Showrunner Clifton > Campbell answered. And when you weren’t satisfied with that explanation, we > asked again. We’re talking, of course, about Daniel’s phone call > immediately following Abbie’s FBI resignation in the midseason” >

5. Nina says:

I think Sophie is the deep cover agent/ turncoat. Remember she’s already played that role before (Nevins) and is probably invesigating what Abbie/Ichabod are doing – she’s asking too many questions, had a convenient personal story, etc. Plus she ingratiated herself with the weakest member of the team – Jenny.

6. dancmh says:

I think I cut this show off for good this week when Abbie found a sword in whatever demon hell she was trapped in and Crane showed up and said, “I recognize that sword. It belonged to Betsy Ross.”

Yeah. I loved this show but I’m done.

7. I hope we see a season four. If we do, we need the return of Headless and revert back to the campy horror we started with. The cast is too large. While flashbacks should always be a part of the show, please drop Betsy as being the go-to for EVERY flashback. She should be a recurring character, at best. It detracts from any plausibility when she’s suddenly there for every pertinent history lesson. I see what Clifton Campbell is trying to do with the season, but he tried to change the show too much. Orlando Jones shouldn’t have been let go, either. Danny is boring as hell. I know a lot of people find him attractive or whatever, but he really is pointless. Irving could be back in action and adding some comedic value. I like Pandora & her creepy husband; I think if they are given more EVIL stuff to do, they can be a great asset. I want to see Ichabod and Abbie end up together but romance should never be central again on a show like this. Let’s know they’re together, relish in it for just a moment, and really dig into some juicy stories. It’s so frustrating to love a show and know how great it could be if the people in charge of it would stop screwing it up. Too many new regulars (I like Sophie but?) and too many writers; the disparity in writing episode to episode should not be so glaringly obvious. GET IT TOGETHER

8. Dean Rozay says:

am hopping for a season four…