The Flash Ratings

Ratings: Flash Hits 14-Month High, Draws Largest Audience in a Year

The Flash‘s numbers on Tuesday night were out of this world. And out of the other world, too.

Pending adjustment due to infinitesimal ACC basketball preemptions, the CW’s sophomore sensation drew 3.96 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating (per finals), up 8 percent and two tenths to draw its largest audience in virtually a year (since Feb. 17, 2015) and deliver its best demo number since Dec. 2, 2014 (the first #Flarrow crossover).

TVLine readers gave the trip to Earth-Two an average grade of “A+.”

Leading out of that, iZombie (1.4 mil/0.5) was steady.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | NCIS (16.9 mil/2.4) and New Orleans (12.6 mil/1.8) were steady, while Limitless (6.4 mil/1.3) added a tenth.

NBC | Game Night (3.8 mil/1.1), Chicago Med (7 mil/1.6) and Chicago Fire (8.1 mil/1.8) were all steady.

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.2 mil/1.2) slipped 17 percent and two tenths, while Agent Carter (2.7 mil/0.8) stabilized. The Muppets (2.7 mil/0.8) and What Would You Do? (2.1 mil/0.6) each dipped a tenth.

FOX | New Girl (3.1 mil/1.4) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.3 mil/1.0) were steady, Grandfathered (2.4 mil/0.9) ticked down and The Grinder (1.9 mil/0.7) rose 16 percent and a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Cyndi says:

Thank you, Killer Frost.

• Jane says:

Actually, thank you Iris, Barry and co. as well. KF was a drop in the ocean.

• Achille says:

Yeah but she was on every promo and the CW kept saying “Barry meets Killer Frost” etc. It’s definitely a team work, but if we relate to promotion then this episode was promoted with Killer Frost.

• Emme says:

Well actually, the Patty arc is on hold … Barry stopped pouting…. Killer Frost arrived, FINALLY a visit to Earth 2 plus a PROPER focus on the the WEST family relationship WITH Barry, not as a side-show, among other things was attractive to viewers.

I haven’t watched in real time for MONTHS and am one of many, however I returned for the last two eps. Last one via Hulu in time for Live+3 ratings and this one in real-time for the first time in a long time.

I know the media is attempting to sell Killer Frost as the lone variable, but it’s not. Many draws outside of KF in the promo attracted eyes not to mention the Supergirl hype.

2. Flash Fan says:

Go Barry Go!!!

3. Courtney says:

It was a great episode, this show makes me happy.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Chicago Fire has really gotten back on track this season with stories surrounding the fire house and not personal relationship drama. I’m back to loving it again :-)

5. sarah t says:

Such a good episode. really hope they decide to renew iZombie too. C’mon, it’s Rob Thomas! We have to give his shows at least 3 seasons before canceling them amidst fan protest.

6. Kate says:

Well, a factor that played out in my house was that Fox was entirely preempted (it is all sitting on my DVR as it played at 11:30 onward) as was ABC. I’m a little unclear what happened to Limitless (my DVR had it on, but it looked like CBS local pulled it and didn’t tell us where is was). But as a result, I watch the Flash live last night as opposed to watching New Girl then catching up with my recording of the Flash.

7. Boiler says:

Feel like FOX killing Brooklyn 99. Put it in the same hour as New Girl and let the other 2 go at it on their own. 99 is the best of the 4 although I like them all.

8. Mr. Tran K says:

ABC’s Tuesday night line-up isn’t doing so great at all. Fresh Off the Boat continues to be one of the best groundbreaking comedies in recent years.

9. Mike B. says:

I’m starting to worry a little bit about Brooklyn 9-9. It’s still one of the funniest comedies in my book, but the ratings aren’t that great. I really hope it gets at least another season.

10. Pat says:

You are darn right, the Flash’s numbers were out of this world. Especially since we were watching EARTH 2, while we were all sitting on EARTH 1. Absolutely, loved it!

11. Jake says:

Flash is just a fun show to watch, and it doesn’t hurt that you can tell the cast and writers are having a blast, too. I’m currently watching about 6-7 primetime shows (network) a week but (until Person of Interest and Mr. Robot return) Flash is the only one I really look forward to, and I am *way* outside the target demographic. Way outside. I just hope it isn’t peaking too soon.

12. KayCeeCee says:

It was a great episode! Can’t wait for next week

13. PBS says:

This was a fantastic episode for The Flash and finally let every single character play instead of being relegated to the sidelines. It incorporated everything that I loved in season 1: humor, heartstrings (Barry’s call to his mom), action, villains, family, suspense, etc. What makes The Flash such a great show is that it has 75 years of comic book lore and as long as the writers remember that, draw from that and let the characters develop without sinking into melodramatic shipper territory, The Flash will only keep speeding away with rising ratings.