Supergirl Flash Crossover

A Supergirl/The Flash Crossover Is Happening: Find Out How and When

CBS’ Supergirl will meet The CW’s The Flash, when the DC Comics series pull off an internetwork crossover this spring.

Storyline details have not yet been disclosed, but Grant Gustin‘s speedster will make tracks for Supergirl and join forces with Melissa Benoist’s Girl of Steel on Monday, March 28, CBS announced on Wednesday.

“We are so incredibly excited to announce something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl,” Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, executive producers on both series, said in a statement. “We want to thank Grant Gustin for making the time to come visit (on top of his already immense workload) and all of the folks at CBS, The CW, Warner Bros. and DC for working this out.

“And finally, thanks to the fans and journalists who have kept asking for this to happen,” the statement continued. “It is our pleasure and hope to create an episode worthy of everyone’s enthusiasm and support.”

Indeed, just weeks ago at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, the possibility of The CW’s superhero series crossing over with CBS’ Supergirl was a hot topic. “As a fan, I would love it… but a lot of things would have to go right, a lot of people would have to say yes, for that to happen,” Berlanti shared. And to take place during this TV season, “It would have to be figured out soon, in the next month or so.”

And apparently it was.

How do you think Barry Allen/The Flash will make his way to National City and meet Supergirl, seeing as none of The CW’s DC Comics series have acknowledged the existence of Superman or his cousin? UPDATE: Does the episode title offer a clue?

Really really. Flash is about to meet Supergirl. @melissabenoist

A photo posted by Grant Gustin (@grantgust) on

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Stephon JS says:

Wow it’s happening! I wonder which Earth Supergirl is on

• sawyer says:

Good one!

• Mak says:

This is a one-way Crossover…how does The Flash benefit from this?

• FatherOctavian says:

It gets exposure on America’s most watched network. “Supergirl” gets around 7 million viewers, while “The Flash” gets about half that. If any of those extra 3.5 million are inspired to check out “The Flash” as a result of the crossover, that’s a big win for “The Flash”.

• courtney says:

CBS is a network that more people have access to. The demo is what’s really important. Flash usually gets 1.4, and Supergirl 1.5. I hope Supergirl fans who don’t watch the flash tune in.

• Brian says:

Supergirl has only gotten 3 of those rest in 1.8 more and even some higher thats why its average is 1.85 demo. Thats good

• Gail says:

Crossovers are usually for the benefit of new shows not the older show, The characters from Arrow appeared more often on The Flash during its first season. Felicity was on the Flash at least 3 times. I don’t think the first season crossovers were for the benefit of Arrow. They were just helping the kid on the block.

• Phoenix5634 says:

I’m wondering if Supergirl/Superman’s earth, is Earth-Prime.

2. Toby says:

Hoping we hear of a season 2 pickup soon!

• sawyer says:

I would think if they are going to all that trouble to make this happen SuperGirl is getting a season 2.

• Phoenix5634 says:

I’d say it’s pretty likely we’ll get another season if not more, just given its backing from WB and the DC plan these upcoming years. But also the show itself is going pretty good, and they left a lot of easter eggs that almost require the Supergirl show to continue.

3. Et al. says:

What a Gleeful event.

4. God Damn It! This means that Superman is 10+ years older than The Flash.

5. number42is1 says:

“How do you think Barry Allen/The Flash will make his way to National City and meet Supergirl, seeing as none of The CW’s DC Comics series have acknowledged the existence of Superman or his cousin?”

that isn’t true

” I’ve seen dark knights fall and men of steel die”

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

True, but I think you caught my actual drift.

• herman1959 says:

Can you, or anyone else, please explain to me why Superman has to be a qualifier (or even a participant) for a Slash crossover. I’m really not getting it; thanks.

• taelorrye says:

The major thing is continuity. If Supergirl and The Flash exist in the same fictional universe on the same Earth, then it’s most likely that someone of Superman’s caliber (based on what’s said on Supergirl) would be notable in the cities of The Flash and Arrow. Superman is a really big deal on Supergirl, even given that he lives in a different city. He would therefore have to also exist in the continuity of The Flash and Arrow (and even Constantine). I mean, Jimmy Olsen has a dang Pulitzer for his photo of Superman. He’s notable enough to merit recognition in these other shows.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

+125 TVLine Power User Points (no cash value)

• herman1959 says:

I follow your line of reasoning, but I guess my thinking is not confined by the “canon box” because I didn’t grow up reading the comics. To my mind, Berlanti et al can step outside the box if they need to because they’ve been so all along. They’ll come up with something and I’ll buy it because I REALLY want to see Barry and Kara together.

• Mike M says:

Back on Nov 24 on TV Line, Mike A said: “According to some fresh casting intel, the show is seeking a 13-year-old actor with “future leading man looks” to play the potentially recurring role of Kal-El, aka the future MoS. Lil’ Supes will first appear in this season’s 13th episode via a string of flashbacks that will establish the cherished bond between him and Kara.” So that’s next week in “For The Girl Who Has Everything”. There was a lot of noise about that – namely (in short) how can they do that, they’ve established Kara was in the pod, and never arrived until decades after intended etc. how can she be in a flashback with young MoS. Could be flash backs without Kara, setting up something, or there could be some other plot device entirely. I note it says “potentially recurring role of Kal-El” – as if maybe they were waiting on something else to pan out one way or another before committing. So possibly involved in this arc – or not, but I’m leaning towards an event driven merging (or interface) between two Earth based universes (and them having been separate) as the explanation for the lack of prior recognition of MoS / SG.

• It’d more of the fact Superman is basically like say a really famous figure. It would be hard to not acknowledge him. He’s basically a global Icon and for shows like Flash and Arrow to act like there hasn’t been anyone around before them is kind of weird if Superman has been established. Like on Flash they assume every person they come in contact with is a Metahuman. Never think of them possibly being alien, but if they knew about Supe’s then they would possibly think the super powered being they fight might either be alien or Meta and not just Meta.

• Trevor says:

I think the real deal breaker is the initial crossover, where Barry comes to Star City to investigate the “incredibly Mysterious” equipment theft. The Mirakuru enhanced Lloyd Slate made off with a five or six hundred pound piece of equipment that he just carried off and everyone is all “That’s completely impossible!” Including Barry, who has been investigating every strange occurrence and weird phenomenon he encounters. For no one, not even Barry, to even vaguely consider that Superman or one of his rogues gallery did it, or even made a joke about the possibility, is completely implausible if the guy exists on that Earth. For Green Arrow to have been around for 5 years and the Flash to have been around for 2, and neither to them to even vaguely mention a world famous Superhero seems ridiculous.

• Davey Elmer says:

On Supergirl’s Earth, Superman has existed and been in the public eye for some 30+ years, whereas, on Earth-1 of the “Flarrow”-verse,the aftermath of the Particle Accelerator explosion (as seen in Arrow S2 and The Flash Pilot) marked the very first time that superpowered individuals had been seen.

Furthermore, Supergirl’s Pilot established that, prior to Kara revealing her powers to the world, Superman had been her Earth’s only known hero even though Flash and Arrow/Green Arrow are both publicly known on their Earth.

• Farhan says:

Here’s hoping if they are going to do a crossover episode they should do travel to SuperGirl Universe in the end of The Flash Episode on Tuesday and Follow it up on Monday with SuperGirl and then Follow that up on next day (Tuesday) so we can come to a whole circle and acknowledge the biggest event In the history of Networks and Comic book Television show

• Z says:

That line doesnt actually mean that Superman exists in that universe…. Rip could have seen him in another timeline/earth… or he could have talking about someone else entirely.

• ? says:

This is crazy. It’s entirely possible that we may someday see a “Crisis on Infinite Earths” type storyline on TV among all these shows to merge them into one shared world. Not anytime soon, but in a few seasons. They even already teased it in Flash!

• Phoenix5634 says:

I’ve actually been slowly seeing that Crisis coming together, your right, it’ll happen on TV I think, but not for a few season like you said as well. It’s going to be epic tho, that’s when they should do the 3 or even 4 way crossover with all the shows. That would be the perfect story to do it with.

6. johnhelvete says:

I am not really a big fan of crossovers but I have to admit this is really cool.

7. Cyd M says:

Love the crossovers !!!!
    To the writers – Superman should show up sometimes or communicate/meet with Jimmy sometimes.

8. mayem says:

Stop with the crossovers. Make your show better first, deal with the writing mistakes, focus on your characters, develop your main plot instead of counting on ratings propping. I’m talking about both flash and supergirl. flash has suffered a whole lot because they wasted time launching legends and supergirl is barely consistent because it’s still in its first season.

9. Steve says:

I suspect that Supergirl/Superman don’t exist on Earth-1 and Barry will travel to their Earth for the crossover episode.

10. Tw123 says:

Plus, it’s an inter generational glee reunion! So many good things :)

11. Luis says:

Sweet! Can’t wait!

12. Mak says:

This is incredible news…I’m all for this.
    My two fav superheroes coming together! Best news of the day
    Here’s hoping Barry & Kara wind things down with a sing off at some point at a Karaoke bar…
    Love it when showrunners pander to the fans at times!

13. Phillip says:

Nuts! Can’t wait!!!

14. aph1976 says:

I think this is awesome news and it could help both shows.As for how it happens, maybe The Flash is somehow sent Supergirl’s world and they have to work together to send him back to his world before he’s trapped there forever.Plus maybe when he gets back to his world The Flash can’t reveal where he was for some reason.

15. K says:

I’m definitely curious as to how Barry gets to National City, since he currently only has access to Earth 2 and we haven’t heard anything about Superman/Supergirl there either.

16. jolie says:

This is the best news I’ve heard this year!

17. Ian Barber says:

Pretty excited about this! I wonder if Kara is on Earth 2 or some other “Earth”. I’d love to see Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and the Flash all working together!

18. Megan says:

I’m not really a fan of this unless, like others have said, Supergirl exists on another Earth and not the Earth that Flash and Arrow preside over. Because otherwise it would be like “Well why doesn’t anyone ask Supergirl if she can help??” I just want it to make sense.

• N says:

Well the don’t say anything about Batman or anyone else either so I don’t think it matters

• Elizabeth says:

Well Arrow dropped a huge bomb last week when they kind of eluded to Batman. His exact words when he was talking about code names.
        Oliver: “I wanted Oracle, but that was already taken”

• but they have mention batman not by name but they have mention him in an arrow/flash crossover last year when lance and joe were talking about viliantes and they werent just talking about oliver either. plus harley quinn was in arrow not directly but they went past her cell

• Annie says:

That’s true. That’s the problem with Agents of Shield – they never have any of the Avengers come help with problems that they would *easily* be able to help with. And that lack of character involvement frustrated viewers.

• Jolie says:

Well to be fair, the Avengers weren’t involved in each other’s crises either, as evidenced by the lack of Avengerous help in Iron Man 3, Cap 2 and Thor 2…

19. Brigid says:

I don’t watch Supergirl but I’m sure for those that watch both this is very cool news. I think it’s fantastic that they are doing a crossover with another network even if it is the CW’s parent company. Very rare!!

20. Drew says:

I still say that Supergirl should pull itself together before doing anything like this. The show is a mess, and while I’m sure that some people will get excited about seeing Barry show up there, I would be more excited to see the writers of that show take their job more seriously.
    As for how it happens… I guess a different world. But having Barry meet Supergirl before Superman just feels wrong. Unless he is the Flash of that world, and it’s not actually *our* Barry Allen that appears.
    I don’t know. It’s a mess.

• Phun says:

Apparently we must be watching different shows. I really don’t know what mess you’re talking about. Anyway, if it is a so called mess, why do you continue to watch??

• Drew says:

Probably the same reason that you both read my comment and felt a need to respond. Fortunately, neither one of us has to explain our life choices to each other.
        The show is not only filled with bad scripting and bad direction, it is also completely failing to make Supergirl a unique character of her own. Not only is Superman the elephant in the room in terms of why he isn’t there most of the time. He’s also the elephant in the room because every major decision they make about the show is based on his story. Kara is working in his industry. She is putting his bumbling human act. She is fighting a lamer version of Zod. She is also fighting a lamer version of Lex Luthor. Everything they do just highlights how much this show *isn’t* about Superman. And it doesn’t have to be that way. Kara has been a pretty interesting character at times, in the comic books. She could be telling a lot of stories that don’t belong to Superman. The writers just aren’t doing that.
        Add to that the horrible directing, where characters will literally stand in the middle of a crowded room and yell (yell!!!) their deepest secrets, and it just feels like nobody is putting any amount of thought or effort into this character or this series.
        If you want to discuss or debate any of what I just said, feel free to. However, if your only response is going to be about my reasons for watching, don’t waste either of our time.

• Phun says:

I don’t really care about your life choices but yet you continue to write a book about a show that you don’t like…. I still don’t get it! If it’s such a bad show, why do you continue to watch?? Just to rant about it here??? Hmmm… let’s see.. I don’t Mexican food but yet I’ll continue to go to a Mexican restaurant so it can complain about it all over the place. WOW!

• DreamRose311 says:

Wow… you clearly didn’t read Drew’s last paragraph did you… I’ll spell it out since he’s to nice to, and I guess you can’t possibly infer it on your own… he keeps watching because it clearly has potential and perhaps he is a fan of the comic genre and wants it to be good enough to be a mainstay.

On a contrary note, I never really find myself thinking ‘where’s Superman?’ at all… so… *shrug* I figure he’s got his own Metropolis based issues to deal with. You do have a good point though about her biggest foes are essentially Zod and Lex replacements… I haven’t read any Supergirl comics so… I don’t know much about her world.

• Drew says:

DreamRose311, there have been different stories for Supergirl (kinda like Wonder Woman), so her story has never been as iconic as Superman’s. The interesting thing about her is that she arrives on Earth as an alien with full memory of where she came from and what she’d lost.
            Imagine a Supergirl series that opens with her crashing on Earth. She is a teenager, probably around 16 or 17 years old. Superman is already established and she can see what he is capable of. She knows what she is capable of, but she has still just suffered a horrible tragedy. That is a great story right there, which Superman can’t possibly tell on his own, because he essentially grew up as an adopted human. His whole point of view is human.
            How does she adjust to being on this strange planet? How does she adjust to suddenly being the second strongest person on the planet? To losing her entire life? To not speaking the language here, or understanding the culture? It doesn’t automatically become a high school drama or “Roswell”. But it does set up a much more emotional story than what we have on CBS. They skipped all of the stuff that was unique to the Supergirl story, an jumped ahead to a life where she is pretty much just Clark Kent.
            Supergirl also travels to the future at times, to be a member of the Legion of Superheroes. She can go to Themyscira to learn from the Amazons, or they could just play her as a student in a boarding school. The thing about Kara is that by making her Clark-lite, they are severely limiting the possibilities for her as a character. They could have given her the iconic backstory that she needs. They just chose not to.

• Vince says:

I’m sure that it was said that the show was not liked. I enjoy it, but it makes me annoyed that the level of powers is inconsistent and the actors have to overact every little thing. She doesn’t just take off her glasses, Melissa does it with a flourish, not like those of us who really wear glasses. When she take off her civvies, she does it as if the universe is watching.

I still enjoy the show.

• Mike M says:

@Drew – you nailed it, 100% in agreement with every point you make. I am enjoying the show, but it took several episodes of shaking my head in disappointment over the lost opportunities in her arrival, her background and her struggle to find her place in MoS’s world. 30 mins into the pilot shes all good and it was all just a nice throw away back story that apart from her mother and aunt is barely needed again, they haven’t even tried to use it (yet) in the current. Which is a shame. Some great actors have been cast – and they have had some OK scripts, and a couple of pretty good ones and put together some nice episodes. It has the feeling it’s going to break out and get great, but they really need some story arcs that are a bit more beefy and involved. My 100% surprise has been Calista Flockhart, who is playing the sort of “stupid”, “corporate” character that I always like the least, and yet playing her so well, and with so many layers (and faces) that she has somehow become one of the main reasons keep tuning in.

• Trevor says:

@ Drew I don’t per se dislike the general theme of the show, and I think they are addressing some of Kara’s more unique problems over time, but you definitely have good points. Particularly about Superman. Not to say he should be flying in to save the day every other episode, it just seems really odd that two people who can fly at the speed of sound can’t take a few minutes here and there to visit their cousin (and best friend in one case). It’s been made pretty clear that the cities aren’t THAT far apart. I mean Kara makes time for GoT and movie nights with her sister, time for dates, time for happy hour with her work friends… but neither she nor supes can find a few minutes to see their only blood relative? (Or in the case of Superman his only blood relative and his best friend?) That’s what makes it implausible. I totally understand that they don’t want to bring HIM in to play Deus ex Machina every time there’s an issue, but if Kara/Jimmy mentioned visits or recent experiences that showed how they saw him off camera, that would make a lot more sense.

• Phoenix5634 says:

100% agree with you, the writing on Supergirl is way lacking compared to the writing on Flash/ Arrow/ or even Legends. And the fact that they’re literally using poorly modified story’s that are in fact mostly Supermans story’s is pathetic. Especially since it DOESNT have to be this way, Kara could have her own creative path, and her own awesome story, but the writers seem to be too focus on..not at all subtle, feminist propaganda. Also they really need to establish scientific boundaries, which they have done a very poor job of compared to the other 3 shows.

21. sladewilson says:

However they made this work, thank you. Now if we can get Ollie in the mix, that would be the icing on the cake….

• herman1959 says:

No thanks; adding Oliver would take it to a place we don’t need to go.

• Elizabeth says:

I agree. As much as I love Arrow, they are deep into magic and mysticism right now. Throw that into the Supergirl world that would be bonkers because magic is actually one of the few things that takes the supers down. Not just that but Arrow is the darkest of the three shows, Flash and Supergirl have the same tone.

• ms Thang says:

No thank you. Not a fan of Arrow.
      I only watch Flash and Supergirl.
      No to Arrow.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Arrow is actually really good, I was like you and didn’t watch it at first either, but I gave it a shot this year and ended up binge watching the series. It’s really good, and still getting better. It’s now my 2nd favourite out of the 4 DC shows.

22. ndixit says:

I don’t see why Grant just can’t play Barry Allen/The Flash from Supergirl’s Earth. I’m assuming there is already a Flash who exists on this earth and it might as well be Grant. Then they don’t need to go into unnecessary complication of how Barry traveled into Supergirl’s earth and back again. Also, I hope it’s a full fledged appearance and not just a cameo.

23. Gail says:

Barry will probably be running real fast in order to battle Zoom , vibrate and find himself on
    another Earth but not Earth 2 or some weapon will be used ether by Supergirl’s team by accident or a villain that will pull Barry into Supergirl’s world. It will be the beginning of the muli verse. Really have to thank Grant Gustin especially since Supergirl is filmed in LA and The Flash is filmed in Vancouver. Thank you Grant for doing this.

24. frankie says:

IS Supergirl that good? I havent watched the series since it premiered. But I have heard ratings and comments that it is quite good, is it?

• Phun says:

As with any show, it has growing pains. Yes, it has become much better since the pilot.

• lechatnoir says:

Frankly its sweet but mind blowing it ain’t. Look I don’t like the fact that she is serving latte and sucrettes all day and helps bring son and mom together. She is a basic intern at marie-clare with underdeveloped powers . meanwhile Barry is an accomplished scientist.his story is rich and complex

• rinaex says:

What good points it has it tends to throw away with way too many similarities to that Scarlett Johansson Black Widow sketch from SNL.

25. Phun says:

Great news! Glad that they high-ups could come together and pull this off. Looking forward to seeing the episode.

26. Gail says:

They should do a 2 hour TV movie, Berlanti’s Justice League Of America featuring everyone from Flash, Supergirl, Arrow, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

27. Jadenkun says:

I don’t understand why Supergirl can’t be from Earth-1? Just becuase none of the shows have acknowledged either Superman or Supergirl does not mean they don’t exist in the same universe..
    Besides, If I remember correctly, Vandal Savage said something like ” I have seen Dark Knights fall and Men of Steel die” , implying both Superman and Batman exist in the Arrow/Flash universe and let’s not forget the “Missing test pilot” at Ferris Air reference, the “Oracle’s already taken” comment, or Jay’s friend from Atlantis.
    So if they are really going to introduce Clark, Bruce , Hal and Arthur, I can definitely see a JL teamup , seeing as we already have Oliver, Laurel, Barry, Thea (And Roy), and now since Supergirl is joining the same universe, Clark, Kara and J’onn. Only four missing are Batman, Green Lantern , Wonder Woman and Aquaman, right?

• JCPrime says:

Supergirl can’t be from Earth 1 because it was clearly established on Flash that NO type of super powered beings ever existed until the explosion.

Vandal Savage never said that. That was a line from a Legends trailer that never made it into the show. One day Superman may exist in the Arrow universe, but as of now, he does not.

• Jadenkun says:

Can you tell me exactly when was it established that no superhuman being ever existed in the arrow/flash universe?

• Trevor says:

Quite the contrary, it’s clear that Superhumans have existed in the Flash/Arrow universe before the Particle Accelerator, but they did so below the radar, which no one in the Supergirl universe has been. Llyod Slate, Constantine, Rash a Ghul, and Damien Dark were all super human for years (In two cases, centuries) before the particle accelerator, but no one knew who they were. The fact that Barry, who in the pre-pilot Arrow crossover episodes has been investigating strange phenomenon for years, has never found any hard evidence of super humans, means that Supergirl literally can’t exist in their universe (yet). Superman, and at least several of his traditional enemies have been public in Supergirl’s world for at least as long as Arrow has been going on, probably longer. No way Barry wouldn’t have at leas thought of Supes or one of his enemies as a possibly culprit for the Mirakuru fueled theft of the equipment.

• JCPrime says:

Watch Flash season 1. It was clearly state that the existence of metahumans was a shock because no one ever heard of people with powers.

I will never get why some need Supergirl to exist in the Arrowverrse so much.

• herman1959 says:

Remember, Barry and the others created by the explosion are metahumans, but Supergirl is an alien… so apple and oranges?

• Jadenkun says:

Why not? that’d be awesome imo. As far as I can see it, aliens have always existed in the Arrowverse, and unlike some of the fans here, I really hope Supergirl will be from Earth-1.

• JC1 says:

There’s never been any indication whatsoever that aliens exist in the Arrowverse.

• Jadenkun says:

So what’s your point? The writers can always say that aliens have been around

• JC1 says:

They can do anything they want to, but why would they want to? They introduced the concept of the multiverse this season on Flash – that’s a very easy way of explaining a crossover without clashing with the background that’s already been established for both shows, specifically that aliens, and particularly Superman, do not exist in the Flarrowverse. And I guess I don’t get why it’s so important to you that Supergirl be from Earth-1.

28. Kristina says:

29. Dennis says:

Omg SO excited!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

30. well I did not think this would happen so fast. I am intrigued

31. Mr. Tran K says:

Really looking forward to the crossover event between Supergirl and The Flash on two different broadcast networks – CBS and The CW. Hope Supergirl gets renewed for a Season 2 by CBS because it got me hooked from the very first episode.

32. lame says:

Supergirl is just fine as is. If TPTB wants this to happen, that’s ok. I’d prefer they develop the Kara / Adam relationship which seems more interesting and it drags Cat into the equation .

33. herman1959 says:

Yes! Whatever way they can write it will be OK with me. They’re smart to have the crossover on Supergirl because that show could use the ratings bump.

34. Gail says:

Maybe Kara and Barry will do some Karaoke while he is there.

35. Joey Padron says:

So excited about this news! So glad the crossover with The Flash & Supergirl is happening! Can’t wait to see the episode next month!

36. Ryan says:

Ok, people, here’s my take. As a fan of both shows I say: Just enjoy it! Don’t worry your pretty little heads trying to figure out what universe this exists in. It’s fictional. You’re watching a show about a hot young woman from an alien planet who can fly, and she’s going to be visited by a man who can run 1500 MPH. Come on! Turn off your brains, and have fun That’s all!

37. John Davis says:

38. John NYC says:

Nice, two of the lighter shows (that photo above aside…) mixing it up will ben a welcome thing for me. Good news all around.

39. JenJ says:

You people think too much, just go with the flow. These shows are fantasies, they aren’t real, and I honestly don’t expect them to always stick to reality. People don’t really run at 1500 mph, nor do people from other planets come to Earth and fly around saving people. These are from comic books, with lots of very improbable things happen. I love them all, but who cares what explanations they give about how they make this work, just enjoy the shows.

• John NYC says:

A segment of the comic book fandom derive a great deal of entertainment in analyzing the logical structure of the fictional world constructed by the authors. Heck even without going to a Con there’s always various episodes of The Big Bang Theory where that tendency to detail analyses is displayed. So a show like this one with comic book origins is going to have that sort of fandom associated with it, in part.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Science fiction is often one of the greatest inspirations for real scientific discovery and advancement.

40. Mo says:

If both characters are going to be quirky dorky, this could be really bad. If one is used to prop the other, also bad. And what villain will they go up against?! The potential for disaster is bigger than a potentially epic crossover a la Flash v Arrow. *scared*

• Fp Fp says:

The villain will be the lead actresse from the izombie show

• Phoenix5634 says:

Yeah, whatever villain they go up against would have to be really powerful… I mean like the Flash and Supergirl are pretty much like an undefeatable duo. Lol if by some random chance they had a kid with both their powers, the kid would be like invincible lol.

41. Mark says:

The Flash can travel between worlds, so getting there is easy. Too many things have happened on Earth-CW that were “jobs for Superman” to try to say that he and Kara exist there now (the Hong Kong virus, Brick taking over the Glades, the black hole over Central City), so I’ve been thinking that Supergirl takes place on an “Earth-K” (for Krypton). I’d love to see Barry bring her back over just to freak Diggle out even more.

• John NYC says:

I don’t think so: the Earth’s a big place: that plane was going to crash if Kara hadn’t acted, her cousin notwithstanding…..

• Phoenix5634 says:

I agree, and event as big as a black hole over the city would definitely make global news lol. And I’m thinking she’ll be from Earth-Prime, so for similar reason as you, among other things, for the shows already close connection to outer space and the universe beyond earth.

I’m wondering if the crossover is going to introduce Hal Jordon as well

42. Annie says:

OMG YAY!! Another reason I wish Supergirl was on the CW.

43. David Lawrance says:

A meta human is found in Supergirls city and not even the DEO has any idea how to handle it.
    one of the braniacs @the DEO tell Caras sister about Star Labs and the way they catch the meta humans. Call goes out 2 Star Labs and the flash arrives in National city , meets up with supergirl and the DEO and try to capture the meta human .

44. Longmire4ever says:

I hope there is time for a mini Ally McBeal reunion between Cat (Calista) and Joe (Jesse)!

45. Ray says:

Oh God no. As long as Supergirl steers clear of the CW I guess I’m ok

46. Murica! says:

This is just great, now I will be forced to watch an episode of that horrible girly show.

47. We get the flash now only if we could have gotten Oliver Queen. I would love to see how Team Arrow reacts

• Phoenix5634 says:

I think a Arrow/Supergirl would be better if their going up against a villain.

I think a Flash/ Supegirl crossover will be better for introducing someone else, or sparking a new storyline.

Flash/ and Supergirl although they flow more nicely together becuz of the nature of their abilities, they are way too strong for nearly any individual villain. So I imagine the crossover will either be about introducing Hal Jordon, OR Flash will end up helping against the White Martians with which Supergirl recently started a conflict.

48. Haylie says:

Why do people think that just because they haven’t mentioned the Flash in Supergirl or Supergirl in The Flash, that they’re set on different earths? I would hate for that to be the case. People question the incessant SHIELD name-dropping so why would it be any better on Flash or Supergirl? Anyways I’m sure that now since the crossover’s been given the go-ahead the name dropping will start. Just please, if it’s just a Flash guest appearance on Supergirl and not a two-way crossover I imagine the writers will keep as much Flash storyline away from it as possible so as to not confuse the Supergirl viewers who don’t watch Flash.

49. KC says:

Dumb idea. Supergirl is failing and they are desparate.