Teen Wolf Season 5B: What to Know Before Tuesday's Hellish Premiere

When promos for Teen Wolf claim that Scott’s pack will go “to hell and back” in Season 5B, they’re not kidding.

Everything we know about the second half of the season, which returns Tuesday at 9/8c on MTV, indicates that the gang will face its strongest, darkest threat yet — a “clash of titans,” as executive producer Jeff Davis tells TVLine.

For starters, 5B will bring a few familiar faces back to Beacon Hills, both friendly and unfriendly. As seen in the Comic-Con trailer, Scott summons Argent to help, but when the enemy becomes too much for him to handle on his own, he turns to the previous generation for assistance. (That’s right, we’re getting a visit from grandpa!)

deucalionDeucalion will also rear his not-so-ugly head in the coming weeks; Theo turns to the self-proclaimed “Demon Wolf” for answers when a new enemy known as the Beast of Gévaudan — aka “history’s most vicious, most famous werewolf” — comes a-calling, though I think we can all agree that Deucalion wouldn’t help someone unless there was also something in it for him.

Romance-wise, there’s not a whole lot of good news to share; Malia and Stiles are (at least temporarily) on the outs, while Liam and Hayden’s relationship will continue to suffer as a result of her being part of Theo’s pack — and, you know, a chimera.

I do hope you’re a fan of the show’s occasional weird Lydia/Parrish moments, though, because there are a whole lot more of those in 5B, starting with Tuesday’s premiere. “In a way, they’re unconsciously bonded together by their supernatural powers,” Davis explains, adding that we’ll learn a lot more about Parrish’s hellhound side now that he’s “out in the open.”

Now, for a few key episodes to look out for:
* 511 (Tuesday’s premiere) reveals the fate of Sheriff Stilinski.
* 512 marks the return of Kira.
* 514 is a big episode for Malia and the Desert Wolf.

Teen Wolf fans, what are your hopes for Season 5B? Your concerns? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. samfork says:

How much will Braeden be around? She’s my favorite character!

2. D says:

this show feels like it’s dying a slow painful death, none of the new people are interesting and this season has been a ridiculous mess

3. Vfan says:

I find the whole Lydia/Parrish thing to be a little creepy as they are implying sexual attraction while Lydia is an underage high-schooler and Parrish is a cop.

• *sigh* You realized she is already 18 and an adult? Yes, she is still in high school but she is legal and I think we can agree that she is a very mature, young woman and knows what she is doing.

• strawberry89 says:

Don’t bother, I think that some people just keep on watching completely different show, created withing their heads… I gave up on them ages ago…

• Radha says:

And to you that’s fine. But there are many others people, including me, that does not CARE that she’s now 18. Just because someone is 18 does not mean a free for all at the all you can eat buffet (this goes for teenage boys as well). I was 18 and hadn’t even had a boyfriend yet. How come tv always portrays teens like every single one of them have already hooked up by the time they are 15? Why not portray ones who don’t? In my group of friends, only a few of us had boyfriends. And that was okay. So hypothetically here’s a teenager who is 17 right? And they are not considered an adult. They will turn 18 in 2 weeks. Suddenly, they can now date a 25-26 year old man (and he is that age b/c in season 3 he said he was 24)? Um….no. I don’t see that as being okay. If Lydia had been portrayed as living on her own, emancipated, or coming from a situation where she could only rely on herself for support emotionally and financially, I can then see a situation where she’s emotionally ready and secure enough to fall for an older man. So many times a person who is 18 is still finding themselves, their identity. How on earth is it okay for them to hook up with a man who is already well into adulthood, who is also an officer of the law? But no, people want them together because “It’s hot.” Yeah it’s hot because Holland and Ryan are both in their late twenties. But I’m not watching a hook up between two grown people, I’m watching their characters on a show, where there is a questionable and inappropriate age gap.

In my household, my parents would have looked at me like I was insane if I told them “Here’s my mid-twenty-something boyfriend!” at age 18. And then my dad would probably have gone off on him.

There are extenuating situations where an 18 yr. old is ready to date an older man/woman, but I don’t think this is one of them. We have a real problem with teens getting involved with much older partners and all I see is “They’re 18!” That excuse is not good enough.

• Shaun says:

much older partners?How old do you think his character is?He’s like 22 probly.

• ScottJ says:

There is no hook up. The show is sticking with an obvious attraction, and that’s as far as it has gone. The negative comments are hypocritical as well. There’s little concern about the underage stuff on the show, and the Stiles / Derek attraction. Which should be even creepier since Stiles is played as a lot younger than Lydia is most respects and Derek is older than Parrish. Of course even the most fervent shippers realize the show won’t go there so that’s apparently alright.

• Moe says:

My husband and i started dating when i was 17 and he was 24. That was 10 years ago. He was also my first boyfriend, first date even. Just because it’s not something you personally would feel comfortable doing doesn’t mean it’s wrong/gross. It depends on the individuals in the relationship.

4. dancmh says:

Stop trying to make Liam happen, Teen Wolf. You’re drunk. Go home. And take Liam with you.

• Gerri says:

He’s pretty much the only Teen left on Teen Wolf. I like him. It is an interesting dynamic between him and Scott.

• nickolas says:

stop trying to leave comments on the page , your drunk. go home. and take your attitude with you. liam is babe and liam is life <3

5. camcaine says:

I seriously want Isaac back, and I think Jeff Davis wants him back as well. There’s still so much they could do to his story, not to mention it looks like they’ll need a hell of a lot more humour to keep going through all of this…

6. pretty little liars is da best after teen wolf of course…STILES M. STILINSKI AND LYDIA MARTIN NEED A MOMENT.

7. alex says:

This season is going to be worst if derek is not coming back

8. Awen says:

Void Stiles :)

9. Cindy says:

When is Derek coming back?

10. missydan says:

“Romance-wise, there’s not a whole lot of good news to share; Malia and Stiles are (at least temporarily) on the outs…” This is the best news ever actually, stydia ftw.

11. jon says:

Is Scott going to become more like a apha?compared to the apha we seen Scott very weak . I

12. Pamela Harris says:

Omg I can’t wait too see lydia this season I hope lydia doesn’t die !!!!!!! Does her eyes change colors this season

13. Bobby says:

Just want them to lead towards Lydia and Stiles having a relationship

14. Jj says:

Will Derek be brought back and maybe even what we all want to see sterek ? :’)

15. meatwad says:

i agree completely. i feel like i missed episodes bc the story just didn’t flow for me. while in past seasons they had an “aha” moment, this season has been a “what” moment.

16. Falguni says:

Man….Braeden is back on the show. When can we see Derek Hale? I miss him a lot and the Hale family is the reason why the show started anyway. Please bring Derek back……it would be nice if you could try and bring Peter back too. His wicked tricks worked as a charm to the show.

17. shayeegrier says:

I want Isaac, Jackson and the other old gang to come back

18. waykes says:

I would like scott to become the true alpha he is realt ment to be, a alpha is the strongest of the wearwolfs and a true alpha is suppose to be much stronger, but scott keeps on getting his ass kicked

19. Fabulous says:

Dis should have been release it coming late 4 we fans

20. Fabulous says:

I will be hapi if allison can come back,season 5b shld be name season 7

21. Faboulos says:

It a dream come true if i see scott and stiles one day

22. Isreal says:

It will be better it both Isaac,jackson,Derek,Cora should come act in season 5b like i wanna see all wolf pacjs together to fight the beast.