Galavant Season 2 Ratings

Ratings: Galavant Returns on Low Note

ABC’s Galavant returned on Sunday night to an average of 3.25 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating, down from both its freshman finale (4.4 mil/1.1) and its Season 1 average (4.8 mil/1.3), hitting and tying series lows.

TVLine readers however gave the musical-comedy’s rollicking premiere an average grade of “A” — so in the word’s of Prince Harry’s raspberry-prone jester, “Plllbbbbbttttt!”

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | The Simpsons (4.4 mil/2.0) returned down sharply from its last fresh outing, while Family Guy (3.3 mil/1.7) was steady. Cooper Barrett’s Guide debuted to 2.6 mil and a 1.2 (and a “C+” grade), down 24 and 25 percent from Tuesday-bound Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Season 2 average in the time slot, while Bordertown (2.4 mil/1.1) was down 20 and 15 percent from Last Man on Earth‘s average.

CBS | Undercover Boss (6.6 mil/1.4) slipped 16 percent in audience yet was steady in the demo.

NBC | Sunday Night Football (21.5 mil/7.1) surged 34 and 22 percent from last week’s fast nationals.

1. Lauren says:

Expected so much from Galavant. After watching last night I’ve come to realize that I actually do like this quirky show. I hope it is able to climb out of this ratings hole. We need lighter and funny shows like this on television. It also doesn’t help keeping the male lead with so thick a beard that it totally obscures his face. Give the guy a shave and see if that brings more social media heat from the teens.

2. dave2442 says:

It’s too bad about the low ratings, as it was yet another enjoyable episode

• Jo March says:

I suspect the ratings were low because it wasn’t advertised very much, at least I didn’t see anything until I was watching a Sunday afternoon show and saw a commercial for it.

• CMG says:

Wow. I was actually seeing tons of commercials for it – even on some cable networks. I thought they did a much better job advertising for it than many of their other shows (Castle, Nashville, just to name a couple).

3. Kate says:

I would actually imagine there are a lot of people like me who over the long weekend got into a marathon and had to finish it, so its on my DVR. My marathon is kind of depressing, so I feel like I have to finish it before I watch Galavant (it seems to gel well with Supergirl and Scorpion tonight). I actually end up watching this live most times. I say that like its been on more than one season.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Galavant is okay but for me when competition comes back I’ll tune out.

5. kmw says:

Too bad that Galavant returned low. FOX’S numbers are not surprising, I wasn’t expecting either new show to do better than what was there

6. hopemullinax says:

I don’t recall seeing a lot of promotion for season two. It only started a few weeks ago. When I mentioned Galavant was on, several of my facebooks friends cried out they didn’t even know it was coming on. Hopefully those number will go up next week.

7. F says:

You forgot Downton Abbey ratings

8. Vince says:

Fractional! Cocky bunch jinxed!

9. Well we need to get people hooked on this thing. Because it’s fantastic. I’ve been singing “It’s a New Season” all day.

10. Stanislava says:

People don’t know the gem the’re missing out on…They should be left to the Whitewalkers :D

11. Boiler says:

And FOX continues to dig its grave

12. I was awaiting the return of “Galavant”… Until I saw it. Did they need to put he & the King in what appeared to be a gay bar?! (Outside of the leadership of a female who ordered, “Off with his shirt” 50 times after he was completely topless.)

Also, noticed the return of a million characters from last season I thought would maybe appear in only the one episode, & wouldn’t (rather, shouldn’t) have lasted the hiatus.

13. dj says:

Galavant is a hoot. They do it right, by keeping it at 30 minutes and only 5 episodes. It’s a very fun show to watch. You really have to listen to the words in the music to get the full fun experience.

14. Imagecrafters says:

I didn’t realize the show was on and watched online this morning! Needs more promotions. Love the show – just hilarious! Nice to have a show that is just for pure enjoyment!

15. Sheldon W. says:

Cooper Barrett is just a really bad reimagining of Parker Lewis Can’t Lose. Pass,

16. Tony Poirier says:

Galavant might be the funniest show on TV. Sadly, it’s WAY too smart and quick-witted to last very long.

17. MzTeaze says:

How sad, I think I laughed more and out loud with season 2 so far than most of season 1.

18. This show is pure genius. Our family missed the entire first run, then binged it last week prior to the new season. So smart and clever.

19. Workout388 says:

Thank u a 100 times for bringing Galavant back. It’s fun, hysterical and I just love it.

20. Jim J. says:

A 2.0 demo rating with 4.41 million viewers? Could this possibly be the worst post-late-afternoon-NFL original airing of “The Simpsons” ratings-wise? I think this is the result of the late-afternoon NFL game being a bad one (I don’t even know which teams were playing in that game, though), or people were sick of falling asleep during the game and wake up to a new “Simpsons” episode playing on their TVs and didn’t even bother to change the channel when the game ends.

21. Irma Phister says:

I love Galavant! family friendly and quirky, it isn’t fair what shows they are running against it, ABC is rooting for it to fail and that sucks!!