The Flash Season 2 Spoilers

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on The Flash, HTGAWM, Gilmore Girls, Walking Dead, Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to

Question: What is the plan for Iris on The Flash? Any scoop? —Susan
Ausiello: The new year may usher in her first post-Eddie romance. The CW hit is looking for a handsome African-American actor in his 20s to play Scott, Iris’ new boss at CCPN. Their professional relationship gets off to a rocky start — his first order of business is to kill her puff piece about recent attacks in Central City. Maybe that’s his idea of foreplay?

Question: Got anything on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. winter finale? Will anyone not make it back from the planet alive? —Dena
Ausiello: Matt Mitovich screened tonight’s episode, and “needless to say, tempers run pretty hot between multiple combinations of characters there on the planet,” he reports. “Will Fitz be able to find Will? Will the HYDRA team meet up with the ominous Inhuman? Will Coulson kill Ward? Will Ward kill Coulson? The answer to at least two of those questions is yes.”

Question: Any scoop on what fans can expect when Castle returns (on Feb. 1)? –Rachael
Ausiello: You can expect… Rick not to be hanging out in Kate and Vikram’s secret lair at the vacated strip club. Because although he is now in the loop on the LokSat sitch, “The idea is that he’s not actively involved,” says co-showrunner Alexi Hawley. “He is in the know and [Beckett] isn’t keeping anything from him, but there is nothing actionable yet for her to get him involved” — the operative word being “yet.” As co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter notes, “That of course will change as we go on in the season.”

htgawm-davis-mcgorry-performanceQuestion: How the heck are How to Get Away With Murder‘s Annalise and her students going to avoid jail time after that bloody fall finale — especially the way they hurled Sinclair’s dead body off the balcony? —Jennifer
Ausiello: While I can’t completely dismiss a reboot that finds Annalise and Bonnie as cellmates, it’s a safe bet they’re not all going down for the Shooting Night craziness. Which isn’t to say that escaping arrest will be easy. “There will be forensic experts all up in there. Sinclair was an ADA, so she’s a high-profile victim,” promises showrunner Pete Nowalk. “Still, what I’ve learned from real law-enforcement people who talk to us is that forensic science is actually very much up to interpretation. Annalise, as a defense attorney, knows that creating a mess [at the scene] is the best strategy. But whether it works or not, we’ll find out very quickly [when the show returns Feb. 11].”

Question: How to Get Away With Murder is on point this season! Any scoop? —Kellen
Ausiello:: I completely concur with your opinion. (In fact, Kellen, did you see HTGAWM made our Top 10 Drama Series of 2015?) And as the Shondaland thriller speeds toward its March finale, the series is  casting for a trio of recurring guest stars — roles which could all possibly continue to recur into Season 3. So, get ready to meet the super-rich George and Beverly Mahoney and their Ivy League-educated son Charles. Could these be Annalise’s Next Big Clients? Or might they somehow be related to the recently murdered ADA Emily Sinclair? (We never did find out if she was married, engaged or single — only that she was from Connecticut.) Whatever the case, we should know the answer sometime before Valentine’s Day.

Question: Can you give Walking Dead fans a hint as to how far into the second half of the season we will meet the man they call Negan and his group of saviors?  —Laura K.
Ausiello: Here’s your very subtle hint: April 3, 2016.

Question: Please share anything you know about Sleepy Hollow and its residents! — Julia
Ausiello: I’ve got intel on a new-old resident who’s going to make his presence known in the new year: Dr. Japeth Leeds, a “handsome, twisted, mysteriously brooding genius” who was Ben Franklin’s biggest competition when it came to alchemy. Leeds eventually turned to the darker arts, which backfired when an experiment turned him into the legendary Jersey Devil (and we’re not talking hockey here).

Question: Any updates on how negotiations are going for the cast of the Gilmore Girls revival? —Christopher
Ausiello: Slooooooow. But Warner Bros. TV is apparently pretty confident that all the key players will sign on the dotted line since the sets are already being constructed!

Question: Some Grey’s Anatomy fans are speculating that Martin Henderson’s character Nathan may actually be Owen’s sister. Is Shonda Rhimes about to pull a transgender twist out of her hat? —Jeremy
Ausiello: Highly unlikely. When Rhimes cast the New Zealand native, she didn’t want him to “dampen down” his accent too much, Henderson told me when we spoke last month, adding, “She wanted the character to have an international feel.” Last I checked, Owen was born and raised in Seattle, not New Zealand. The bigger mystery, as I see it, is whether his MIA sister is dead or alive.

Question: TVLine is definitely one of my favorite sites of all time. Any chance we will meet Whitney’s kid on Undateable before her time on the show is up? —Zach
Ausiello: Thanks for the TVLine love, Zach. To answer your Q, there are no current plans to introduce Charlotte’s 4-year-old, and I, for one, am grateful. I can’t think of the last time I was amused by a 4-year-old — and that includes all of my nieces and nephews.

OTHQuestion: This might sound crazy, but in this time and age of revivals, do you think/know if there is a chance for a One Tree Hill revival? —Jon

Question: Any Supernatural news? –Emmerentia
Ausiello: Although Rowena is still hellbent on getting her mega-coven up and running, her return in  Wednesday’s fall finale is “more Winchester-oriented,” her portrayer Ruth Connell previews. Does that mean the witch will finally try to take out Dean and Sam for good? In a word, no. Despite those considerable resources — including “the Book of the Damned, the Codex [and] the code breaker”— she’s “not going about killing Winchesters,” Connell confirms, adding that new, humanizing details will soon come to light about Rowena’s backstory that will help explain “why she can’t” do that deed.

Question: How can a woman as smart as Empire‘s Mimi not suspect that Camilla might be using her for revenge? –Carla
Ausiello: Well, for starters, have you seen Naomi Campbell lately? Hotness aside, showrunner Ilene Chaiken has her own theory. “Mimi — in the way that incredibly rich, powerful people sometimes can — believes that there’s nothing better than her. And Camilla has convinced Mimi this is not about her wanting to be back with Hakeem or anything else. It’s about payback for Lucious. Whether or not that’s true, though, remains to be seen.”

Question: Anything on The Blacklist? — Stacy
Ausiello: While Liz awaits her day in court this January, we might get a bit more intel about Red’s mysterious past — at least romantically speaking. The NBC drama is currently casting a woman in her 30s or 40s to play Catherine, Red’s “beautiful, exotic and sophisticated” old flame from “the not-too-distant past.” The daughter of a prolific illegal arms dealer, Red’s lady friend — who was once in love with the fugitive, but ultimately wed another man — will appear in Episode 13.

NashvilleQuestion: Will we ever see Kyle Dean Massey return to Nashville as Will’s ex-boyfriend Kevin? I hated they way they broke up on the show! —Chris
Ausiello: I’m hearing rumblings about a “Bixington” revival this spring.

Question: Last week’s Nashville preview is making a lot of us nervous. Please tell me something good about this week’s fall finale? —Sharon
ABC will lock me in the Bluebird bathroom if I tell you how tomorrow’s episode goes, so… I’m just going to point you toward Judith Hoag’s Facebook page, where she’s just posted a pic of Tandy in a party dress on set. Make of that what you may.

This AAnd That…
I am so looking forward to watching this blind item play out on my TV.
♦ I’ve seen the first two hours of of FX’s 10-episode American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson (premiering Feb. 2) and herewith are my snappy judgements: The performances — especially Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran and Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark — are across-the-board exceptional; I was surprised by how many twists pertaining to the Bronco chase I had forgotten about; with the notable exception of John Travolta’s camptastic Robert Shapiro, the miniseries is played surprisingly straight/serious; despite the case being 25 years-old, the core issues of race, fame and police misconduct are eerily timely; and it’s hard to imagine this thing not being a big fat hit for FX. (Watch the trailer).
♦ I thought The Wiz Live was just OK. There, I said it.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to (Additional reporting by Michael Slezak, Kim Roots, Rebecca Iannucci and Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. John Z says:

Good grief , come on Castle showrunners, this separation does not work. The show works with them together. Now fake separation (like from season 5) . Does NOT make me want to watch.

• Eliza says:

Thanks for the brilliant Iris West scoop! An office romance, fighting to get an article through this is what I have been waiting for. Ace reporter!!! P.S she belongs with Barry but ok Scott you can guest star just don’t be as annoying as Patty

• Emily says:

I doubt “Scott” would stay on longer than a few episodes. As long as he’s cute, Iris gets a professional story and screentime, and Westallen finally gets the shipteasing we’ve been missing this season? I’M GOLDEN.

• Kat says:

Scott will be like Season 1 Linda, there for 3 episodes to stir up those WestAllen feelings then leave!

I’m so excited about seeing Iris more at CCPN!! :) :)

• Alexis says:

I’m excited at the prospect of finally seeing Iris’s investigative and reporting skills so long as it’s executed well. Not worried about Barry/Patty, their relationship is almost done. According to Grant, it’s going to slowly begin to unravel beginning with the midseason finale episode. So Barry/Patty will be over soon enough. I have a feeling that if they decide to do anything with Scott/Iris it will be segue way into Westallen

• Hey Scott, nobody puts baby in a corner! Trying to stop Iris’ story about metahuman attacks. I’m so excited to see Iris doing her CCPN journalism. My favorite moments have been Iris and Linda at that place. It’s one of the coolest sets.

Is this guy Zoom?

Iris should be like….

Iris: Hey Zoom!

Scott: (turns around) yeah!

Iris: Gotcha!

Scott: Damn it!

• herman1959 says:

Yup…really underwhelming.

• FlashMe says:

Am I the only one who thinks all this Iris interest is peculiar? Is this Earth-3 or is this five obsessed fans posting over and over under different screen names? Im being serious. I usually read reddit, which has like 40 some thousand subscribers on the FlashTv sub. Some might say it is the reverse of this…..

• Angela says:

I’ve never seen this show, but why would it be peculiar that a character on a show might have numerous fans? Every character on TV is bound to have some people interested in them somewhere. Based off a few comments I’ve read here, why are people getting all bent out of shape at that very idea in the first place?

• FlashMe says:

Many fans felt that her character was poorly written in the first season, so she was definitely not a fan favorite for the larger fandom. In turn they cut the character out of much of this season, even the big crossover event. I think they are responding to the fan base now by trying to make her character more than just cannon slowly. I’m sure the actress did the best she could given the part. It’s just unusual to see so much discussion of a character given so little focus who is not a fan favorite.

• Jenna says:

@FlashMe I think the majority of Iris’ fans are fans of Candice Patton in general cuz she’s awesome. For me personally, it was just nice to see a pretty black girl as a main love interest for once instead of the sassy, supportive best friend and I think that’s why Iris’ fans (many of whom are black females) are very protective of her. So the fact that she was poorly written in S1 and is currently being used as wallpaper in S2 is kinda frustrating. But the sane Iris fans don’t want her to be the star of the show, we just want her to be given something to do other than give Barry a pep talk every episode.

• Temperance says:

It is. Iris isn’t anything special in any way. She’s fine… I’m fine with the role and the actress. But the nutty shipping is absurd.

• nonamenancy says:

They’ve had their hand forced into this ridiculous story line by actor demands. The new season 8 contracts held clauses on how many days per episode the leads were willing to work together. While what they’ve chosen to write is dumb, they’re doing the best they can with a bad situation.

• John Z says:

How do you know? Not challenging, just curious. It would make sense , but sad if true.

• Gern Blanston says:

They don’t know. There has been rampant speculation about something to this effect, but no verification from anybody reputable. Just internet gossip.

• Temperance says:

Yeah, it killed my interest. I didn’t even bother to tune in this season because of it. I was waiting to hear if it was good or bad, and the verdict was clearly bad. I’ll wait until it resolves.

2. Airsay says:

Well maybe with a love interest from CCPN we’ll finally have a journalism arc for Iris. I’d love them to tease that first though.

• Kat says:

Yeah I’m all about her job at CCPN first.

We don’t know the whole story with this new love interest yet, but a little flirtation with Iris and “Scott” (if that’s his real name) could be amusing.

Iris is trying to get a story printed and he’s turning it down. I like it. She’s fiery and Scott’s a little cocky. Hope they have good dialogue but…end of the day it’s Barry and Iris. And we care more about her career than her with a new love interest.

But for now this doesn’t sound too bad. Sounds fun!!

3. glen says:

We have given up on” murder”.

4. courtney says:

Hope this means Patty is sticking around, Iris can be happy with her new boo.

• Cyndi says:

For real.

• Phoenix5634 says:

Lmao…Iris would be the type to sleep with her new boss… Guess being the Flashs’ reporter wasn’t advancing her career enough… Lol this just makes me think even less of Iris… Just wow…

• Rebecca says:

All the while Felicity actually did sleep with her boss, Ray and shamelessly flirted with her other boss, Oliver…..

• FashionMaven says:

Great point, Rebecca. The fandom’s treatment of Iris West compared to Felicity (who can do exactly as phoenix is suggesting Iris will do – yet Felicity is praised and loved for it, while this fan slut shames Iris instead) is glaring.

So Phoenix5634 – was Felicity “the type” to sleep with her boss? Do you excuse that? Are you a Felicity fan?

• Emily says:

…The scoop wasn’t even a romance, that’s just speculation. And THAT’S what you got out of it? Why even bother, when you clearly just want to hate Iris.

• Phoenix5634 says:

The scoop basically says.. She gets a new boss, and he wants to kill off her work on the attacks on central city… And somehow they get a post-Eddie romance… I don’t think it’s a far stretch to guess what’s going on… Even if that’s not the case, you don’t date ur boss, that makes it clearly not a professional career anymore…where there human resources department lol…

• Rebecca says:

Considering TVLine doesn’t write the show, that’s all speculation on their and your part.

• @Phoenix5634 you’re a mess. I thought I had more to say but it’s that simple. Speculation from them and crap slut shaming from you. Check yourself before you wreck yourself!

• Phoenix5634 says:

@ lightning rod
            Maybe the writers should check themselves before they wreck themselves, wouldn’t be any need for shaming if they had written a good storyline for her. Or maybe if her needy fans were more patient, maybe they could wait for her real storyline, instead of this crap.

• Phoenix5634's obsession with Iris West continues lol says:

We know Phoenix5634’s game, coming to every comment section to hate on Iris lol! Iris could save 5 kids from a burning building, a cat, a dog and a pet hamster and Phoenix5634 would still find a reason to hate Iris. AND WE ALL KNOW WHY!

But hey, Iris has got Phoenix obsessed enough to be on every single Iris spoiler, not even commenting on other piece of scoop just Iris. That makes me chuckle. Go Iris

• Phoenix5634 says:

Lol it’s funny how you guys still say I hate Iris.. I’ve said multiple times I don’t hate her, but Iris fans just want to see Iris, and you don’t even care about the show other than her. Iris fans they would ruin the flash show if they had their way, just to see more of their precious Iris…

And lmao look at you with that name , I think ur the obsessed ones…

• Ariana says:

You are disgusting.

• Aliah Berry says:

Agreed. These gross haters stay mad about all of the screen time Iris West will be getting now that Wally West is in the picture and now with her new love interest and focus on her reporting and now that Patty’s leaving there will be even more Westallen. They can stay mad tbh.

• Phoenix5634 says:

I agree it’s disgusting. Doesn’t make it any else true. Or any less common now a days.. But people can’t bring it up because of these exact responses. But your right it’s disgusting. And I’m not an Iris hater, but I hate seeing her character getting cheap and insulting screentime, likely becuz Iris fans are too impatient to wait for her real good storyline later. Which will inturn ruin her actual good storyline becuz you’ve destroyed the character before she got to that season …

• Rebecca says:

“the type”? REALLY? Based upon what exactly?? You didn’t think anything of Iris at all if you’d think she’d use sex to get ahead at work, something she’s NEVER done. But, good job, fandom. Always coming through with your BS…

• Cyn says:

You’re disgusting.

• Shika says:

For someone so concerned about unnecessary “Patty hate” on the tvline boards from Iris fans, you sure as hell are concerned about any and everything that Iris is doing. Pathetic

• Where does it say anything official about a romance? Or sleeping together? You’re clearly “the type” who doesn’t know how to read. I’m embarassed for you. And careful your misogyny is showing!

• FashionMaven says:

I’m struggling with this – what do you mean that she would be the type to “sleep with her boss?” Did Iris have an affair with the manager at Jitters or something? I haven’t seen anything in the show about Iris doing anything like that so I don’t think your comment is supported by what has aired.

Also – the scoop is speculating that there will be sparks (and there very well could be)… but I somehow don’t think it’s going to go anywhere serious. I think it will be a flirtation that might push Barry to finally get his timing right. If Iris is able to respond to flirting, then maybe she’s past Eddie and Barry can step up finally… since I believe Patty will be gone by the time new boss shows up.

I guess we will see. I’m more interested in Iris finally being able to be shown investigating than a potential love interest… and I hope whatever she’s investigating has relevance to what the team is fighting against.

• angela says:

God no, Patty is the worst thing The Flash has done this season. Also, Nice slut shaming Mr. “pheonix5634”

• Rebecca says:

Hahahahahahaha… nope. Shantel already booked the lead female role on Ryan Phillippe’s new show. She’ll be gone by episode 11.

• Aliah Berry says:

Good thing Patty has been MIA for both episode 12 and 13. Hope this means she’s gone for good…

• Ryana says:

I like her a lot too. So I’m sad to here she won’t be around for the whole season.

5. Nicole says:

“Ausiello: I sniffed around and multiple well-placed insiders tell me exclusively that you’re more likely to see a Minority Report revival in your lifetime.”

I’d actually be down for a MR Season 2 as long as the precog trio were front and center :)

6. Emily says:

My first instinct is: “NO! WESTALLEN!” But I’m genuinely overjoyed that Iris might have a small professional arc coming up. And if it does turn romantic because these writers love their guest star romances, then, it’s okay. It was time for Iris to get some lovin’ anyway. ;)

• Kat says:

same! I was like, “but WestAllen” but I know they are a slowburn. So I can except this brief romance.
      If I can sit through the boring waste that is Patty/Barry, I can manage this. Plus I really want to see Iris in her work setting! :)

He’s turning down her story, so she’s working on a piece LOVE IT!

• Jess says:

But WestAllen have no chemistry…Still, I hate the professional woman dating her boss trope. So I can’t wait til that story line is done with!

• amb1973 says:

I don’t think Barry/Grant Gustin has romantic/sexual chemistry with anyone. Maybe GG plays it too young or something, but the thought of him in a love scene makes me uncomfortable. (Lots of other great friend/father-son, etc., chemistry, though.)

• courtney says:

He has chemistry with Patty.

• amb1973 says:

Chemistry is subjective, which is why I said “I don’t think” he has sexual chemistry with anyone. I think he’s cute with Patty, he was cute with Felicity and even Linda, but I can’t visualize them having sex, at all. His other timeline kiss with Iris wasn’t bad, though. So maybe?

• Maryann says:

Yes, Barry definitely has chemistry with Patty, WAY more tha with Iris. I will be very sorry to see her go.

• Emily says:

Obviously we think Westallen have chemistry, and so do the showrunners. I also would prefer this not to become an actual romance and would rather they focus on the professional aspect of it, but these are the writers who made Caitlin fall for Jay just because he’s a scientist.

• MiaB says:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news then, because I worked for years at a newspaper and most of the people who were married were married to co-workers and sometimes even–gasp–their boss

• Rebecca says:

It’s only badly because Iris MIGHT date him. They hate her regardless, so if they can find ANYTHING to demonize her own, they will….Just another day ending in “y”.

• Justin says:

@Jess How can you really tell whether Barry and Iris have chemistry or not? Last season, Barry had feelings for Iris but she didn’t reciprocate those feelings. We have never seen the two of them show a mutual attraction to each other besides their only kiss which was erased by time travel. I swear, some ppl would prefer “anyone but Iris” because she’s the only female character on the show who HASN’T been thirsty for him…and yet she’s the one he wanted to be with. Hmmm….

7. Cilla says:

Thanks for the Iris scoop. Nice that the show will be delving more into her job.

8. Kat says:

OMG I CAN HARDLY BREATHE! Iris getting a new love interest? I want her with Barry! But this could be interesting. I’ve been looking forward to seeing Iris as an investigative journalist all season. This ensures we get to see her at CCPN. I can’t wait! What juicy scoop!

I suggest NATHAN OWENS for the role of Scott. Just sayin’

9. ToyCannon says:

Do we know yet the answer to the Blind Item about a co-lead being “killed off” in a fall finale drama? Was it Hook?

10. Bernie says:

Nashville – TANDY!!!!! Also very glad to hear Kevin’ll possibly be back.

Gilmore Girls – Still can’t believe we’re lucky enough to be getting this back. Really can’t wait!

11. San Summer says:

It’s great to hear that about “Gilmore Girls”! I hope that Jared Padalecki (Dean Forester) will be able to join the rest of the cast. Even though Jared is busy playing Sam Winchester on “Supernatural”, the writers have proven before that they are more than happy to write mainly for Dean Winchester. And that was when Jared didn’t have potential commitments elsewhere.

• Jeri says:

Jared/Dean is a pretty big role but I have been surprised in the reruns about what a brat he could be whenever things did not go his way. Always others fault. Like when he told Rory he loved her & she didn’t know what to say he got really angry. When he cheated on Lindsay with Rory and Rory backed out and small things, like Luke not treating him well on double date at Kurts show/theatre. These items are not always Deans fault but he did have something to do with each, which he can’t seem to grasp. Hope he’s matured.

• fiberlicious says:

Let’s not forget that they were in HIGH SCHOOL when they were together. Of course his CHARACTER didn’t behave like an adult 24/7. I actually thought they wrote him as too mature.

12. Cyn says:

I want WestAllen, but since I can’t have that now, this will do, especially that Barry is with Patty(for now). Hopefully we’ll get to see more of Iris’ reporting side too. Hope they do this right.

• Phoenix5634 says:

This new Iris dating her boss romance is pathetic, I hope WestAllen never happens now, and I was hoping for it before this. Iris is pathetic. Hate this storyline.

• Emily says:

Is there a reason you feel the need to comment on this, then? When we comment our displeasure on Iris’ lack of screentime, it’s because we want more for her and we’re laughed at because of it. But you think it’s logical for you to keep commenting on how “pathetic” Iris just because Ausiello suggested she and her boss might have a flirtation?

• Cyndi says:

If you’re okay with people calling Patty annoying, incompetent and everything else (and even agree with it!) then you should be fine with someone else having a negative opinion of Iris. If those people can leave negative comments about Patty, Phoenix sure as hell can comment as many times as she likes about Iris.

• Rebecca says:

Except nothing that person is saying is based on what happened on the show, just a turn of phrase from an entertainment site. On the other hand, a cop entering a secured facility without back up is incompetent. That’s a fact.

• Phoenix5634 says:

@ Rebecca
            In that case everything that everyone has said here is mute and doesn’t mean anything becuz the article doesn’t mean anything, it was just posted for the hell of it…lol.

And Patty did the same thing Joe would have done, if Joe didn’t know everything he does now. Patty’s lack of info caused that to happen.

• Cyn says:

WestAllen will happen anyway. The writers just don’t want to put them together right now apparently. Iris is anything but pathetic, what the hell are you talking about? We’re not even sure it’s going to be a serious thing.

• courtney says:

this isn’t good for westallen, they’re apparently supposed to be this epic love but they’re getting together with other people lol.

• Aliah Berry says:

Of course they are, that’s why it”s called a “slow burn”

westallen will obviously be together eventually but nice try…

• courtney says:

and i’m saying that “slow burn” is distracting from their supposed epic love. I hope they keep iris with this new love interests tho, maybe iris fans can enjoy it and stop attacking ppl who dare ship Barry with someone else.

• Emily says:

That’s the case with any CW show, though. Westallen isn’t the first and it won’t be the last.

13. Joey says:

More bad news for Castle Fans. If you go to Zip2it web site looks like Castle will not be renewed for a season 9. If the runners of this show would only do away with this split of Rick and Kate and bring Kate back home to the loft we might have some hope. The cooking show that filled Castle time slot on Monday nights has a better rating from the 18-49 group than Castles finale this fall season. What does that show us about the quality of the show writers and runners for this season 8. Looks like it only took 8 episodes to get this once wonderful show on the cancel list To the show runners it the split stupid.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Good news for Castle fans though is that Zap2it doesn’t decide what gets renewed and cancelled the network does. While i don’t really care either way their frowny face/smiley face system isn’t an exact science.

• chas001 says:

What about the 50 to ?? group , love the series hate current arc.

14. Alexis says:

As long as Scott’s introduction means we’ll get to see Iris’s investigative journalism, I’m all for it. Iris getting some love from Scott in the meantime before she finally gets with Barry works for me too. But make no mistake about it, Westallen is the endgame. Thanks for the Iris scoop

• Jessica says:

Happy with the scoop! Anything that surrounds Iris’ journalism is a big plus for me. #TheFlash A new guy called Scott, uh-oh Wally better ward him off lol.

• Emily says:

I’m crossing my fingers they focus on journalism for an episode or two. I would rather watch Iris in a professional struggle than a flirtation, but at this point, I’ll take the Iris I can get!

15. hbeachman says:

About the Gilmore Girls reunion: I think we ALL know who’s holding out for a lifetime supply of Snapple before signing on the dotted line, don’t we “Unidentified Stars Hollow Inn Guest?”

• misery chick says:

HA 😆 HA 😆 HA 😆 HA 😆 HA 😆 HA 😆 HA 😆
      Good one!

Seriously, who ARE the holdout(s)?!?! They all (except Melissa , probably-sadly 😞) seem to be excited and on-board. I can’t imagine Scott Patterson hesitating as he seems the most excited, and his last movie on Lifetime was far below his talent.

Michael, can you give us any hints or clues?
      Pretty pretty PLEASE?

• Stacy says:

It’s not really about holding out; it’s about negotiating. Scott also talks about how after the pilot they offered him a few more guest episodes, and he held out until they offered him a series regular deal. It’s a risk, but in this case a very, very safe risk. The cast wants to come back. They’re just each negotiating how much they’re worth. I’m not worried.

16. Neena says:

Great news about Iris. I hope this means that the comment section improves and the rest of us can enjoy Barry’s relationship with Patty in peace.

Here’s hoping that Iris and Scott have more chemistry than WA.

• FashionMaven says:

I think Patty will be gone by the time Iris’ new boss shows up (he’s not even cast yet and so he clearly hasn’t begun shooting scenes).

And honestly – I wasn’t bothered by Batty – my issue was that the show made the Barry/Iris practically disappear, which was unnecessary and jarring. I didn’t need to see a romance (fine with the slow burn), but I did want to still see Barry & Iris’ friendship. I also didn’t like how they sidelined Iris West just because she wasn’t the main love interest.

Things on this show have become rather plot driven, etc.. They don’t bring in stuff unless plot – it never seems to be about character driven stuff anymore.

SvS got a lead role on a new show – I think either episode 11 is her final one or episode 12-13. I hope they don’t kill her off though. That would be really depressing given how depressing the first 9 episodes have been because of Eddie/Ronnie and Barry’s man pain over that (barely Caitlin’s or Iris’ pain – it’s been about Barry’s man pain over that)…

17. Ingrid says:

Hoping a new boss for Iris coming in means we’ll get to see more of her working at CCPN and just being the ace reporter we were promised this season !

18. Kelly says:

Why is it that every time the new Castle show runners speak they depress me even more?

19. Alex says:

Castle and Beckett will be separated, imagine that

20. Thank you for the Flash & SHIELD scoop, and I want to give you a standing ovation for real talking about The Wiz because I actually liked Peter Pan more. However, I’m reductining points for the Minority Report dig!

21. iHeart says:

Bixington? this is a last name merge and what’s Markus’s last name again? other than that, there’s only two characters (unless I am mistaken) with a letter be last name and that would be Barnes and…….Barclay?!?!?!? I think I need to sit down

22. ndixit says:

My thoughts on the spoilers.
    Castle – I find it hilarious that the writers and the execs overlook the ridiculousness behind the separation(now fake). Do they really not see how it makes no sense in terms of keeping the Castle family safe.
    Flash – Good to see Iris get some subplot and some romance. She is only a new reporter right now so it makes sense she is writing puff pieces.
    The Blacklist – sounds like Liz is going to be imprisoned for a while if she is still awaiting her day in court by ep 13. Looks like Ressler, Red, Tom etc…manages to keep her safe until then.
    Agents of SHIELD – One of Ward killing Coulson or Coulson killing Ward must be true. Fitz finding Will is also true. I am pretty sure we Will in the promo.

23. acereporteriris says:

Can’t wait to see more of Iris as a reporter back in CCPN. Thanks for the scoop!

24. t.w.123 says:

“The Wiz Live was just OK”??? Nope. Not even. By far, the best singing and dancing on tv this year- will agree that the script and acting left a bit to be desired. Even if nothing else, it’s the top of the NBC live musicals thus far, though I will admit that standard is setting low bar..

• fiberlicious says:

I don’t know – I watched for about 2 minutes as Dorothy was singing something….very badly. Flatflatflatflatflat. Oh, look – there’s something else to watch instead.

• Anna says:

Agreed. Singing and dancing was on point (with a few obvious exceptions, but it was live…). I did find myself multitasking out of slight boredom when the musical numbers weren’t on, but I was very impressed by the musical side of things.

25. MiaB says:

We all know WestAllen is coming, so we can wait (?). In the meantime, I like that Iris is going to have a love of her own. I know we’re all supposed to be shipping Barry and Patty, but god, I think Patty is so boring, not to mention a totally incompetent detective. How many times has she been rescued? Damsel in distress much?

• Emily says:

You’re not wrong. She’s on a metahuman task force, and so far all she’s done is arrest the wrong man, shoot the wrong man, and fail to save Flash from King Shark.

I’d much rather watch Iris chase down a lead or fight to publish her story.

• courtney says:

It was a freaking manshark how is she supposed to take that down? yet she still faced it with hardly any fear. Also she shot the man who she thought murdered Barry’s mother. She warned him not to come closer yet he did, and he was holding something that looked exactly like a gun. It’s not like she knew it was E2 Wells, maybe these ppl should stop lying to her.

• FashionMaven says:

She did violate police protocol by going in sans backup without a warrant or provable probable cause. I know our police these days act just like her, but that still doesn’t make it constitutional, ;)

The needle may have looked like a gun to her – but she was illegally in Star Labs (private property). Saying she “thinks she saw HW” isn’t enough. She’d still need a warrant.

• Cyndi says:

Let’s ignore the fact that she can’t do her job appropriately because Joe keeps everything from her. And so far, she’s only been rescued once.

• courtney says:

You think Patty is boring yet love Iris?

26. Liz says:

Pumped to see Iris get a new love interest. I like Barry/Iris for a few seasons down the line but for now I think they need to grow as individuals so I’m all for them having love interests.

27. This show really needs to give Iris West doing her journalistic investigating screen time. Let her be the inside made into this world.

28. Ariana says:

Happy that Iris West is getting more focus as well as a new potential love interest( though I’ll always ship Barry and Iris as endgame, of course)

29. Also hope to see jealous Barry make another appearance when it come to Iris.

30. Kat says:

Honestly I am more excited about the idea of Iris getting some actual screen time and a journalism focus than a romance. It doesn’t always have to be romance. I would LOVE to see Iris really get a great story about her job. Here’s hoping! Give us more iris West! :D

31. Tarra says:

I must admit I feel slightly conflicted about this Iris scoop. On the one hand Iris has been sidelined so much for 2A that the idea of us finally seeing her for more than a minute on screen and hopefully having more than one line is what we Iris West fans have been longing for this first half of the season. We haven’t seen any investigative journalism from Iris other than her jumping out of the window. I am here for investigative reporter Iris West. I am conflicted over the idea of introducing a new love interest. I was hoping that with Patty gone and/or on her way out the door, Barry and Iris could try to figure out the direction of their relationship. If Iris is ready to date then what is stopping Barry from pursuing her? I don’t need Westallen right at this very minute, but if the writers are just giving Iris and Barry love interests as fillers because they don’t want to put Westallen together right now then they will have to step up how they write Westallen’s friendship. When Iris was dating Eddie we still got beautiful Westallen moments. The writers have Barry ignoring Iris this half of the season. You have to rewatch season one as a reminder of the beauty of Westallen’s friendship.

32. cg says:

Good. One Tree Hill should not be revived. Hopefully Tandy is wearing that party dress for a Deyna wedding on Nashville.

33. Yes same person who always complains says:

Great variety of spoilers! Thank you!!

34. Aliah Berry says:

Looking forward to more Iris West! Even though I’m rooting for Westallen, Iris having a love interest at CCPN could be interesting for a little while. Just hope they actually focus a bit more on Iris career as a reporter and the different cases she’s investigating around Central City.

35. Diana says:

Even though I’m really not looking forward to yet another romantic relationship that is not Iris/Barry, this might at least mean that Iris gets more quality screentime (hopefully) :). Let’s hope we at least get our scenes between Iris and Barry back. Thanks for the scoop!

36. B. says:

I’m excited for iris west and to see her as a reporter. But i think barry and iris should be single at the same time so we can have cute moments between them and see the awkwardness and the almost kiss every now and then. If the relationship between scott snd iris is flirtatious and cute without them dating or anything, maybe it will be fun to watch if they give us jelouse barry and confused iris. I just need to see iris investigating and doing her job because she is awesome and I love her. I hope they bring linda back because they were adorable!!

37. katrina says:

I agree with u about the wiz!!! So far none of the live musicals have catches my attention! :)

38. Oh wow Iris getting a new love interest! On one hand, I’m happy to see her get some love but on the other hand I a big westallen fan. Hopefully, I get a little of both this season :)

39. WeßSibs says:

I’m glad Iris will be moving on from Eddie. Iris deserves some fun so I’m fine with Scott/Iris, still about WestAllen endgame though. Interesting to see if Petty (jealous) Barry makes a return showing once and for all he’s not over Iris.

Hopefully with this Scott character we’ll actually see Iris working at CCPN, instead of being told about it. Damn shame though there has to be a man around in order for folks to see it.

40. Marianna says:

Good for Iris! She deserves to get a little guest star lovin’ (like everyone else on this show :P) ! I’ll be happy to see her back at work again too.

41. Datya says:

How are people still asking about a transgender twist on Grey’s!?! Shonda just did that story with Ben’s brother becoming a woman… More likely that the new guy is/was Owen’s brother-in-law…

42. jade4813 says:

In skeptical this will be more than a flirtation, which would be fine with me. It’s been nice to have ONE woman on the show this season whose main purpose isn’t to thirst after the nearest guy.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing Iris in more of a journalistic role!

43. Florence says:

Pumped about the scoop for Iris! I’m hoping the show dives more into her journalistic career! I’m thinking Scott with be more of a Mason Bridge, mentor.

44. RayOfS says:

Castle producers “anything to keep the main stars apart”.

45. Angela says:

This Leeds person on “Sleepy Hollow” sounds very intriguing. As do the Mahoneys on HTGAWM. I’d be particularly interested if they were related to Sinclair, or some other character on the show, somehow. And I look forward to seeing how the gang will try and escape this latest murder charge-Nowalk is right that forensic evidence can indeed be open to interpretation. So that’ll be interesting to watch.
    As for the blind item, it doesn’t sound like it relates to any show I watch, but I’m very curious to see which show it does apply to.

46. Shika says:

Thanks for the Iris West scoop. I’m excited Iris will finally get some CCPN focus. It will be interesting to see what kind of character Scott turns out to be and what his motivations are. Mason and Iris started off rocky and was developing into a really nice relationship before they killed him off prematurely (still bitter…) Hope the writers find a good balance between this and WestAllen though…

47. bshaid says:

did cbs abandon plans to bring back a Miss Marple like their Sherlock?

48. Michael, I’m so disappointed that Wicked City was cancelled after only 3 episodes. Any chance the remaining episodes will air at any other time, maybe burn them off on a Saturday?

49. Ed says:

“I am so looking forward to watching this blind item play out on my TV.” Hmm could it be Izzie?? I remember an article where Michael was pushing for an Izzie return

50. Peegee says:

Any news on when Murdoch Mysteries( Artful Detective) will start broadcasting its’ new season