Arrow Crossover Ratings

Ratings: Arrow Hits One-Year Highs

Hawk yeah!

The CW’s Arrow on Wednesday night drew 3.66 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating (per finals), rising 36 and 27 percent from last episode’s season highs to deliver its best numbers in a year, since the first #Flarrow crossover (3.9 mil/1.4).

TVLine readers gave Part 2 of the annual Flash crossover an average grade of “B+.” (Part 1 scored an “A-.”)

Leading out of that, Supernatural (2 mil/0.9) was up 18 percent and two tenths to deliver its best audience since Feb. 3 while tying its season high in the demo.

Elsewhere on the night:

FOX | Rosewood (5 mil/1.5) rose 9 percent and three tenths. Empire (11.8 mil/4.5) with its fall finale rebounded from its Thanksgiving Eve series lows, rising 28 and 41 percent to its best numbers since Nov. 4.

CBS | Survivor (9.4 mil/2.1) was up 16 percent and three tenths from last week’s double pump, scoring its largest audience since Sept. 30. Criminal Minds (8.8 mil/1.6) added a few eyeballs plus a tenth in the demo. Code Black (8.5 mil/1.5) surged 29 percent and two tenths, hitting a best-since-premiere audience and tying its demo high.

ABC | The Middle (7.6 mil/2.0) ticked down a tenth, Goldbergs (6.5 mil/2.0) dipped 8 percent and two tenths, Modern Family (7.4 mil/2.4) slipped 12 percent and four tenths and black-ish (5.5 mil/1.6) was down 10 percent and three tenths. Nashville (4.2 mil/0.9) ticked down to new series lows.

NBC | The Rock Center tree lighting did 8.1 mil and a 1.5, The Grinch grabbed 5.6 mil/1.5 and an SNL special drew 4.4 mil/1.4.

1. Jim says:

I got a kick out of the 1st scene on the farm with Kendra & Carter. If you notice in the background, it looks like the donkey escapes from his pen & then seconds later, Poof! It’s back in the pen again.

2. suzyque says:

Figures that the worst episode of the season gets the best ratings. I can’t imagine any Flash fans who tuned in just for the crossover will stick around for next week.

• Nika says:

Why the hate???

• Cyndi says:

Because of Olicity drama.

• suzyque says:

I really love the Flash one, but the Arrow part was a disjointed mess. The Egyptian flashbacks were super cheesy, the baby mama drama was too soap opera-y, and Oliver keeping secrets from Felicity is a contrived way to create drama and undoes a lot of his growth this season. Just my opinion, but I’m bummed because I’ve been loving this season of Arrow up until now.

• ndixit says:

I think the Arrow portion was pretty good barring the Olicity drama which was really forced and completely self-inflicted. It was the Flash characters, specifically Barry and Cisco who were the highlight of the crossover in general.

• AdM says:

These crossovers are always going to be an advantage to Arrow and not TF. I presume everyone who watches Arrow watches TF but not everyone who watches TF watches Arrow. And it was ot the worst episode of the season… Olicity does not make Arrow!!

3. Mr. Tran K says:

The Flash/Arrow crossover event blew me away. Can’t wait come January 21st when LoT premieres.

4. Liam says:

Code Black seems to be on the up. I’m guessing though it’s too little too late now that CBS already have it finishing in February?

• dan says:

Code Black is getting better each week. CBS ordered a total of 20 episodes and if the numbers stay steady it could be back next year.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Actually Code Black has only 18 episodes in its first season but it doesn’t look like the medical drama series won’t survive for another season. BTW, it was the exact same time slot Stalker (remember that scared as BLEEP series) had last year on CBS.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Another great episode of Survivor, this season kicks arse. Typical though that the weaker players band together to vote off the strong players. I get that’s how you win but it would be nice if we had a final two or three of great players rather than one strong and one weak…I’m rambling but those who know the game will understand, LOL. I have to say though I don’t understand why Kelley and Abi have to be so hateful.

• dan says:

Our local CBS station broke away for a news special on the San Bernadino shootings at the end of the immunity challenge so we missed the drama. The show was back for Tribal Council. This is shaping up to be a great year. I love how everybody basically admits that Abi is a goat that people want to take to the end so they can beat her. We could have a strong final three with any combination of Jeremy, Spencer, Tasha and Kelley.

• wrstlgirl says:

Take Kelley out of that and I’ll agree with you. She’s so nasty I just wanna punch her in the face, LOL!!!

• Josh says:

Why is she “Nasty” ? Cause she smartly wanted Joe out? How dare she want to win Her Spencer and Jeremy are the best left. Tasha plays for Jeremy! Why aren’t these idiots considering getting Jeremy out? He’s been Cakewalking its boring

• wrstlgirl says:

Getting Joe out was a good game move albeit a bit chicken sh*t. There’s no reason to be so smug and hateful. Her and Abi both. You don’t see Tasha, Kimi or the guys acting like that.

6. Nicole says:

Wow! Great for the middle!! It was a funny episode too!

7. Kyle says:

Too late to save Code Black? I can see it moving to Sundays taking CSI:Cyber’s spot.

• Mr. Tran K says:

I think that both Code Black and CSI: Cyber won’t survive for another season because CBS’ grueling prime time schedule continues to be the problem year after year and of course it’s still #1.

8. kmw says:

Not surprised Empire went back up. Interested to see what it does if it stays off until March 30th. Good for Arrow and The Middle keeps hanging on. Too bad for Nashville

9. John says:

If that had been my first episode of Arrow I would never go back. I’m not sure what was worse…the low-grade soap opera sub-plot or the positively GOOFY Hawkman/Hawkgirl origin story.

10. AdM says:

LMAO Nashville!

11. Kristen says:

I have a question about Modern Family. I’ve watched since the beginning, but does it seem to anyone else like it’s abandoning the mockumentry style? We still get some talking heads, and the occasional glance at the camera, but the cameras now seem to follow the characters where they didn’t before. For instance, why would there have been a camera in the bedroom with Haley and Andy at the end of last night’s episode?

12. Gage says:

Great bounce back for Empire. The finale was really good.

13. Tiffany Hill says:

If it weren’t for The Flash, the Arrow’s numbers wouldn’t have been that high.. With The Flash as lead in though,of course they’re going to skyrocket… I liked the first half better than the second with Arrow, just so over the Olicity drama that’s pretty much bogs the series down for me…

14. ninergrl6 says:

That episode of Supernatural was FANTASTIC. Great blend of ridiculous humor, angsty flashbacks, and a “monster of the week” which turned out to be no monster at all, just a vengeful, hurt regular human. It felt like the Trickster was IN the episode rather than directing it. Kudos!