The Originals Spoilers

The Originals' Joseph Morgan Previews Bloody Thanksgiving, Talks Cami and Aurora's 'Interesting' First Meeting

Not every Thanksgiving dinner involves neck-snapping and body-bargaining — but then again, not every family is the Mikaelsons.

Klaus and Elijah invite Aurora, Lucien and Tristan to their compound for a Turkey Day feast on Thursday’s The Originals (The CW, 9/8c), and as Joseph Morgan explains to TVLine, “things escalate rather quickly.”

“We have them over for this lovely Thanksgiving feast, probably prepared by the servants we never see, although Klaus did make the stuffing,” Morgan says. “Then Freya shows up, and in a very Mikaelson fashion, she proceeds to act like a bull in a china shop. At least one neck is broken.”

Below, Morgan passes down more Thanksgiving teases, as well as his own thoughts about Klaus’ future with the (now three!) women in his life:

TVLINE | Let’s start light. We’re getting a lot of flashbacks this season. Do you have a favorite flashback wig that you’ve worn?
I like the one that I’m using for the flashbacks this season. I try not to make it too neat, I like when there’s a little bit hanging down in the front. I try to inspire [our hairstylist], like, “Today, we’re going for the romantic lead in a novel.” He goes, “OK,” and he crafts something wonderful. At the moment, I’m really enjoying this one.

TVLINE | Klaus has also had plenty of physical confrontations already this season. What was harder, the big fight with Hayley or with Elijah?
Physically, the fight with Elijah, because I was doing more. With Hayley, I just kind of stood and took it after a while. [Laughs] She got all her aggression out; although it contained a physical element — with vampires moves, jumping from balconies, and so on — I think that fight was more emotional. [Phoebe Tonkin] had the lion’s share of the work, so I know she was pretty exhausted.

TVLINE | Klaus has been spending a lot of time with Aurora. What do you like that about their relationship?
We talked on numerous occasions, [Julie] Plec and [Michael] Narducci and I, about Klaus having little to no love interests in the first two seasons. I always thought that if there was going to be a woman in his life, it would be quite a destructive relationship — it would have to be someone primal who could challenge him on every level. I feel like that’s what they’ve done in creating Aurora. On top of that, they have this huge history, including a past betrayal by Elijah, so we’re really able to draw from the past. Present-day Klaus and Aurora are very different from past Klaus and Aurora, so it’s fun to play those differences, as well.

TVLINE | Since he is spending so much time with her, is he putting other love interests out of mind?
Not actively, but I suppose you can’t help but concentrate on what’s in front of you. Klaus deals with the enemy at the gates, so that’s kind of the way he’s feeling about this, as well. But no one’s being forgotten here! All of these characters are planets spinning around the sun, which is Klaus. [Laughs]

The Originals SpoilersTVLINE | Can we hope that Klaus might intervene and save Cami from Lucien?
I mean, it would be a damn shame if he doesn’t, wouldn’t it? All of the stuff between Klaus, Cami and Aurora is going to come to a head in the next few episodes. Don’t forget, Aurora and Cami haven’t even met yet, so that’ll be an interesting conversation.

TVLINE | What can we expect from a Mikaelson Thanksgiving?
It’s going to be a quiet affair with a nice, calm dinner. Everybody arrives, has a lovely time and heads on their way. We hold hands around the table and give thanks for each other. … No, wait, that’s another show. But it does start out very cordial, with Elijah and Klaus on their best behavior.

TVLINE | And I imagine he’s still not too thrilled about what happened to Rebekah.
Oh, no. [Laughs] That’s no good at all. The end of Episode 6 saw him learning that her body had been stolen, so it’ll be interesting. These dinner scenes take forever because there’s five of us around the table; there’s a lot of subtext and motives, metaphorically under the table. It’s a lot of fun to play that: Aurora has Klaus’ sister, in turn betraying her brother, Klaus and Elijah are turbulent, Klaus and Aurora have an unresolved romance — so, yes, a classic Mikaelson Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for this season, Originals fans? And how do you hope all of this madness resolves itself (or doesn’t)? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Carla Krae says:

I’m thankful for this season being delightfully wicked.

2. watchqueen86 says:

I can’t wait to see of the klaus and cami dynamic.

3. Katie says:

I’m thankful that Cami and Aurora will have their first meeting some time soon. That will be very intriguing, (I hope) awesomely tense, and funny, considering they’re complete opposites. I’m also thankful that Freya gets in on the action on tonight’s episode! Oh, yeah, count me in!

4. Laura says:

Personally I would like to see this mend some of there differences and set a rest to the untrusting family. I would like to see haylee and Eligh unite Klaus and obviously Cami and Rebecca unite with the love of her life. As for the witch maybe she can find her way on her own.

5. Phoenix5634 says:

Amazing episode! Loved it! What a great sit down, reuniting/ what TF are you planning, dinner. I seen a lot of clues pointing to the Trinity’s plans. And I absolutely loved the scenes with Cammy this week. Did not trust Lucien giving Klaus the amulet, I feel like that’s part of their plan.

-And lol I called that Aurora would be a girlfriend from hell the moment things didn’t go her way. Although that wouldn’t even be accurate, she’s more like the girlfriend who created hell. Lol

– Aurora dumping Rebekah in the ocean could turn out to work against her, becuz no matter their difference between brothers, both of them are going to try to get Rebekah back.

I can’t help but feel like the jeopardy that Cammy is in now, is going to kind of determine part of the prophecy, becuz Klaus’s love for her could pit brother against brother.

I really believe that Klaus won’t be the one to fulfill the phophecy of “one will fall by family “. Many of you misunderstand Klaus. He might make debatable decisions sometimes, but the thing he cares most about is family. I would say even more so than any of the other Originals. It’s their distrust in him that forces him to make the debatable choices he does. And that’s what this season is partly about I think.

Everyone should note, the prophecy does not say that the Originals will die, but simply “fall”.
    – hey now that Jackson’s gone maybe now Hayley and Elijah have a shot again.
    – I’m starting to think the “beast” might be Klaus when/ if they all fall. Freya could maybe reverse the amulet and channel all the originals power into Klaus. I’m basically convinced the “beast” is going to be Klaus, or Lucien. If it was Lucien that’d make for an epic fight scene. Or Tristan if he survives the next episode and later betrays Lucien, lol which I wouldn’t put past him.

Awesome episode ! Can’t wait for next one!

6. Phoenix5634 says:

Hope and Hayley are definitely going to be a very pivotal characters this season. Hope, represents a whole new Sire line. And Hayley is he first of that new Sire line. I can’t help but feel like the “Beast” is somehow connected to that. I REALLY want to see more from Hope. P

7. selam says:

I like aurora, Why is everybody hating on her…she is protecting herself and her brother…which is what the originals are doing..besides she should be able to get her revenge on Elijah, he messed up her life. and please kill or keep in a box both haley and cami they are so annoying and elijah and klaus are way out of their league.

• zed says:

So like your comment! I like Aurora too. Klaus and Elijah are pretentious actually. Can someone kill Cami already!!
      Oh, how I miss the days when the Originals were with the TVD lot- I think nostalgia kicked in- lol

• Phoenix5634 says:

I don’t understand why some people hate Cammy, it’s like you people wanted a strong an independent female character…and the show has given you one… but it’s like the same people that want that, are also threatened by that same strength and independence…

• Phoenix5634 says:

I never said I didn’t like Aurora’s character, she’s great! I simply said that she will cause a lot of trouble, she’s a major wild card because she’s kind of unpredictable, an it’s been said she’s still going through one of her “dark times” and now she’s right in the centre of everything. Her feelings for Klaus, her desire for revenge on Elijah, her loyalty to her brother Tristan, her clear jealously of Cammy, and all the while she’s trying to keep Rebekah hidden so she’s safe… She’s right in the centre of things now, and there’s many conflicting issues there.