Chicago Med Ratings

Ratings: Chicago Med Debut Ties NCIS as Tuesday's Top Scripted Show

NBC’s Chicago Med showed strong vitals in its debut, drawing 8.6 million total viewers and a 2.2 rating (per finals), leading all of Tuesday’s scripted series in the demo (in a tie with NCIS).

TVLine readers gave the ChiFi offshoot an average grade of “B+.”

Bookending the freshman drama, The Voice (11.1 mil/2.6) and Chicago Fire (8 mil/1.9) each were down a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | NCIS (16.6 mil/2.2) and Limitless (7.6 mil/1.4) each dipped one tenth, while New Orleans (12.9 mil/1.7) was steady.

THE CW | The Flash (3.5 mil/1.4) and iZombie (1.3 mil/0.5) each dipped a tenth.

FOX | Grandfathered (3 mil/1.0) and Scream Queens (2.4 mil/0.9) were steady, while The Grinder (2.4 mil/0.9) rose a tenth.

ABC | The Muppets (3.9 mil/1.2) and an exposition-gasmic S.H.I.E.L.D. (3.6 mil/1.3) were steady, while Fresh Off the Boat (3.9 mil/1.4) ticked up a tenth. A Shark Tank rerun (2.5 mil/0.7) improved on Wicked City‘s most recent numbers by 53 and 75 percent.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Hooray for Chicago Med. #ChicagoStrong

2. Dave says:

Boo to Med doing well. Please drop hard next week. It was garbage. We dont need these Chi shows to continue polluting nbc’s schedule. Give us good programming.

3. Aleana says:

I like Chicago Med happy did well in rating since it did I bet they going to do another spin-off called Chicago Law

4. KayCeeCee says:

Why would people who watched Flash last week, not watch it again this week?

5. Brendan says:

Wow to iZombie–such a good show but such bad ratings. How tenuous is it at the CW?

• John036 says:

The CW has seen MUCH worse ratings for their shows. With the numbers they’re getting this season paired with the critical reception, a renewal is very likely, in my opinion.

• Boiler says:

Actually I would sat The CW should just shut down or get some of CBS shows to move there. How can they possibly sustain with numbers they have? Overseas arguments stink because US advertisers likely could care less.

• Katie T says:

They obviously sustain else the network wouldn’t still be on air!
        Saying the argument about overseas sales stinks is wrong too. It doesn’t matter if US advertisers care about them as it’s the network that makes money from ad sales and selling the shows overseas that keep the shows on air, not how much money advertisers make. The argument is kind of moot anyway given some of the ratings on the other four networks. There’s plenty of shows that get ratings in the same ballpark as shows on the CW. So maybe you should talk about low ratings on the big four networks rather than have a dig at CW

6. gabriel says:

Please, make a new spinoff: Chicago Hustlers, Chicago law, Chicago Chef (hehehe)

7. Susan says:

So excited about Chicago Med!!! Awesome show just like Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D.!!! Way to go!!!

8. dj says:

loved Chicago Med..a great trilogy!

9. Mary says:

I really like the first episode
    of Chicago
    med; remembers me of ER! I like Torrey and Colin so is good have them back on my TV

10. Gerald says:

Hmmm. I didn’t realize Tommy was in Chicago Med. Hope he does some crossovers with FIre and PD because I don’t think I’ll add it to my viewing. From what I have seen in the crossover stuff it doesn’t come off well written or acted. There are better Hospital Dramas. Of course I am sure the train crash would be a good start, but likely won’t keep up the that pace.

11. Temperance says:

Colin and Epatha were such standouts in a show that was inadequate for their talent. The nurse was also special, but mostly it was a mediocre (at best) pilot that didn’t ring true, and a lot of indistinguishable, dull characters with dubious medical stories. Code Black is so very much better.

12. smartysenior says:

I see Limitless is improving, all you need is to see it once and you will be captivated. I’m looking at these numbers to keep going up as people start to pay attention to it.

13. arial2 says:

“Chi MedTied NCIS…” – except that NCIS had 16.6 million viewers to 8.2 million for Chi Med. Nielsen ratings with their “18-49 demo” are so unrealistic.

14. Hihi says:

NBC 1 – 0 Dave

15. Arlene says:

I thought both the new show Chicago Med and my beloved Chicago Fire were amazing. They both kept you wanting more.

16. Elaine Pearl says:

Chicago Fire is a great show – better than many other shows; lots of talent and exciting episodes. I’m an avid fan of all 3 related Chicago shows. PLEASE DON’T CANCEL ANY OF THESE SHOWS!!!!