NCIS Cast Tyler Ritter

NCIS Casts Tyler Ritter as Abby's Brother Luca, to Also Visit New Orleans

As teased by TVLine’s Ask Ausiello column, CBS’ NCIS will delve further into Abby Sciuto’s past after the holidays — with a little help from Tyler Ritter.

The onetime McCarthys family member has been tapped to guest-star on TV’s most watched drama as Luca, Abby’s younger brother through adoption. What’s more, TVLine has learned that Ritter also will appear on an episode of lead-out NCIS: New Orleans.

Pauley Perrette, who plays Abby, announced Ritter’s casting on Twitter.

“Occasionally you find the perfect actor for a role, and casting Tyler Ritter as Abby’s brother couldn’t be better,” NCIS/NCIS: NO showrunner Gary Glasberg said in a statement. “Tyler embodies everything we were looking for in Luca Sciuto. He’s warm, caring, funny, eccentric, offbeat and inquisitive. We are thrilled to have him for this very special crossover episode of NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans.”

In October 2011, NCIS viewers met Abby’s other brother, Kyle Davis (played by Daniel Louis Rivas). Luca, meanwhile, was previously played in childhood flashbacks by Cole Sand (Masters of Sex), in Season 10’s “Hit and Run.”

The younger brother of Parenthood‘s Jason Ritter, Tyler’s previous TV credits also include episodes of Hot in Cleveland, Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family.

Want more scoop on NCIS, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Helen says:

Can’t wait to see this episode! I love bith th “Motherhood” and NCIS: New Orleans!

2. Deb says:

Wow, he looks like his dad circa Three’s Company.

3. Joni says:

Happy to be meeting Luca in adulthood after years of knowing about him. (Abby: I can’t believe my adorable little niece is related to my stinking younger brother”)

4. Arleen says:

I thought Kyle was the adopted brother.

• Annie says:

Abby found out she was adopted and discovered that Kyle is her biological brother. She was raised with Luca and the Sciotu family. I want to meet her sister. I think in earlier seasons, Abby mentioned her parents and her sister were deaf and that her sister was a great lip reader.

5. I’m sorry but casting Tyler Ritter makes no sense. He is 16 years younger than Pauley. I know they make characters younger and older, but in the flashback Luca was maybe two years younger than Abby.

6. Ann Jordan says:

I’D like to see more of James Lee Curtis a n d how about guesting Jill St John and or Stephanie
    Powers opposite Robert Wagner. Any chance?

7. Carol says:

I was watching NCIS tonight and Abbys brother Luca just looked like John Ritter, so many of his mannerisms, his smile, his look!!
    I kept telling my husband that he looked so much like John Ritter, must be his son!! Sure enough, I looked it up, and it’s Tyler Ritter!!
    I loved John Ritter so much, always made me laugh, he seemed like an awesome person, apart from his acting.

8. Denise says:

How awesome is this Tyler Ritter is on my favorite show I was a fan of John Ritter and am excited to see that his son will carry on in his father’s footsteps. .

• KitKat says:

I agree completely with Carol and Denise. Tyler’s mannerisms so identified him as a relative of John’s. We lost John and his talents way too soon and hope that Tyler will make us remember John better and also earn a wonderful acting name for himself.

9. Sandy east says:

Please bring back ziva, big fans