Blind Item

Blind Item: Which Series Is Plotting a Killer Twist for Its Co-Lead?

Update: Blind Item revealed!!!!

This is one killer blind item, folks.

I’m hearing an established drama series that gets a fair amount of love on TVLine is set to whack its co-lead this season, so it’s time to start clutching your Grandma’s pearls.

Details are super sketchy, but rumor has it the fatal twist is set to occur in this hour-long show’s forthcoming fall finale. Meanwhile, there are conflicting accounts as to whether the death will actually stick. Given the importance this particular character has to the series, it’s tough to imagine that it would. But in this Will Gardner-offing, McDreamy-snuffing TV world we live in now, I suppose anything is possible.

This much appears certain: The episode in question will leave viewers with the very real impression that this fan favorite is a goner.

Now that you’re armed with all three of those extremely vague, inscrutable clues, hit the comments with your best guesses!

1. Melissa says:

Why do I assume this is Castle?

• Jo says:

Because it’s exactly what our deluded show runners would think would be a nice twist in our “fun” season

• Littlebirdie says:

You mean “deluded showKillers”. ;-)

• SarahJ says:

Agreed. I hate this season

• This kind of playing around is why I stopped watching the show. Not a fan of showrunners who jerk around the fans.

• You mean showrunners who want to do their job and tell a story and not pander to all the shippers who believe that their treasured relationship is the only important thing about the show and that they speak for everyone by complaining every time a single adjustment is made?

• Lisa says:

There’s something that I think most people are not considering. I tend to think it’s Castle also. Everyone is blaming the writers, but nobody is considering that the writers may not have had a choice. Rewind back to the end of last season. Stana Katic held out on her contract. We were told that she signed for one season.

We don’t know the terms of that deal. It’s quite possible she wanted out and agreed to stay on long enough to “wrap up her character”. I’ve thought this is possible since the blind item about breaking up their marraige first came out. Also, that’s why I think Castle is the show in question. I believe the writers were forced into a position where they had to figure out how to continue the show without Beckett. Hence, the new characters and Castle working with his daughter more.

The things is, if this is the case, it was her decision to leave the show. The writers are trying to write a quality show despite her decision. Just my opinion on it.

• SO says:

What shows don’t have twists or suspense or ups & downs? Some shows are really gory.The last episode was good. Humor is coming back & know it will be better with a little bit of everything. Give them a chance.

• John NYC says:

Which is every show lucky enough to have a follow on season so you must have a VERY light viewing schedule.

I for one doubt it’s castle, the doomsayers just like to hate that show so when they’re not “predicting” it’s the last season, as they have for years, they go for other nonsense.

One hell of a poisonous fanbase with that show.

• Steven says:

Definitely Castle. The Fall Finale is supposed to have a huge twist from what I’ve heard and it just makes sense.

• Mary says:

Definitely not. I read the Fall Finale is supposed to have a “shift”, never saw anything about a “huge twist”. And no, makes no sense at all!

• kmw says:

Castles show runner said it would be a twist that would bring them together in a fun way. That doesn’t sound like killing off one of their leads

• Beckstle says:

The whole season has made no sense. This would be par for the course – yet another epic fail.

• S. says:

The season’s made plenty of sense to many of us. Try paying attention. The only other “yet another epic fail” would be you continuing to watch a show for episode after episode and not figure out the solution to being unhappy. Either consider you’re the problem, or change the channel.

• jahoney1 says:

Seriously are you that much of a snob. You disagree with someone’s opinion and you go and nicely and not so nicely tell them to basically go away. These boards are for everyone to voice their own opinion on. Show a little respect. You may enjoy the show better than some of us because you can suspend belief, you are more willing to ignore the regression of the characters, and are willing to ignore the mythology of the story and how that has gotten lost. Whatever it is be respectful.

• “Shift” could mean Beckett finds out that she’s pregnant.

• BB says:

Stana is working tomorrow on Castle, they’re filming episode 9 which will air in February.

• I don’t watch anymore but I thought of Kate, not Castle

• teeveenerd says:

Even though I don’t even watch the show, Castle was my first thought because the co-leads can’t stand each other!

• DL says:

The Blind Item says “fan favorite.” And since Beckett is a very divisive character around these parts, I seriously doubt that phrase could ever refer to her. Which only leaves us with Castle himself, and of course it’s not like they’ll ever kill him off.

I’m kinda thinking Felicity on Arrow; though she does have plenty of haters as well, she’s more popular overall. It would also explain whose grave we saw in the season premiere. Just not sure whether she qualifies as a “co-lead” even though she sort of is now.

• Just one thing says:

Um… regardless of how “divisive” Beckett is “in these parts,” she’s still a very popular character on the show.

• DL says:

Um, so TVLine should ignore its readership? Again, with the amount of complaining people are doing about her character lately, I have a hard time thinking Ausiello would call her a fan favorite. And besides, they’ve already done this cliffhanger with her before when she was shot in the chest. I wouldn’t put it past these showrunners necessarily, but still… And Castle was the last Blind Item too. I’d be shocked if the answer to this one was Beckett.

• Beckstle says:

Umm both characters/actors are popular. Katic and Fillion both won TV guide’s “Fan Favorites” awards last December. The show right now seems determined to go out of its way to write Beckett out-of-character (Like, this is beyond reset!) in order to drag Beckett’s integrity through the mud, but Stana Katic/Beckett is still definitely a fan favorite.

• BB says:

Beckett is a fan favorite, if they’re going to kill Beckett, they’d better cancel the show already.

• Maddie says:

That was the first thing that came to my mind, too.

• Just one thing says:

Cue the meltdowns. It does sound like Beckett, though.

Lkh, where are you?

• Fan till the end ~ says:

Off course they could kill off Kate in the cliffhanger to allow her to go deeper undercover to find the bad guys. The hint said, “there are conflicting accounts as to whether the death will actually stick.” So we could find out she is still alive while Castle thinks she is dead. She seemed reluctant to sign the contract for this season, so maybe they found her an out to film less episodes.

• I haven’t gotten to all comments, but so far the only guess I have people make is CASTLE, and I have no idea why so many assume this. (just because they do not like the current storyline)
        But you know what – your comment and theory sounds something that is a probability on such a show. They could kill of Beckett (as she is the one currently working the secret case), and let Castle and others believe she died, while we know that it was faked and she just went undercover…or hiding. (think of Emily on CM, think of Mycroft on Elementary…etc).
        But actually….this same twist is a possibility on any show, and on the actual show this is referring to. This way it is not a death that sticks. But it is also possible that this is a more sci-fi/fantasy show (or vampire show), and deaths just aren’t permanent in those.

HOnestly, I really have no guesses for this one. The few shows that I do watch, I cant connect this event with any particular show or character, and I know nothing of the many many ther shows that I do not watch.

• Susie says:

As I have said many times I don’t think it’s castle because faking her death without telling castle won’t protect him. He will investigate and put himself in danger unless Beckett tells castle everything and we also find out too cause otherwise it won’t make sense to us and if you think people are complaining now they will be complaining more if they think she is dead or fake her death without telling castle because she is doing all this to protect him.

• Ashton says:

First thing I assumed too!

• TvLover says:

Oops, do I hope that it’s not Castle, yes. But, IMO with the way this season is going I won’t really be shocked if the show does this.

• MFL says:

*Meanwhile, there are conflicting accounts as to whether the death will actually stick.*
      I’m thinking Arrow and the one to die maybe Felicity or Diggle (even though they are more supporting characters than leads)…It is an established show. The death may not/will “stick” if they have a Flash crossover and Barry reverses time.

• B says:

Plus, we know that *someone* close to Arrow dies, at least based on that 5 month flash-forward scene with him by a tombstone at the end of the season premiere. Granted, I have not watched the following episodes yet, so that could have been answered already. But it’s a definite possibility, unless Felicity isn’t quite a big enough character to get a “co-lead” description.

Perhaps Supernatural is another choice, with definite co-leads and fan-favorites.

• Boiler says:

I’m not sure Castle gets a fair amount of love from TVLine. They like the show but….

• MFL says:

I’m thinking Arrow and the one to die maybe Felicity or Diggle (even though they are more of supporting characters than leads)…It is an established show. The death may not/will “stick” if they have a Flash crossover and Barry reverses time.

• Sam says:

Beckett was my first thought, but now I’m thinking Diggle on Aarow.

• steve says:

i wouldn’t think it’s castle breaking up rick and kate has gotten them alot of flack already making people thing rick or kate is dead would just make everyone stop watching that would be a horrible idea. now shonda on how to get away with murder i could see, killing off analise as she is already shot on floor in flashforwards.

• jalahyacinth says:

THat was my first thought as well…

• Jennifer says:

I automatically thought of Castle as well :( I don’t know if I could bare it. :(

• jm says:

If i have to say a partner in crime-solving, i will go for Watson in elementary

• Castle was my first thought as well. I’m so NOT liking this season either. Why can’t they just make this the fun crime show it is.

• french5851 says:

I thought that, but now I think it might be juliette barnes in nashville.

2. hello says:

Abbie or Ichabod on Sleepy Hollow?

• yeah says:

That’s my thought.

• Angela says:

On the one hand, I hope it’s not them, but on the other hand, this IS a supernatural series, so if whether or not this death will stick is in question, well…:p.

• If it is Sleepy Hollow, it won’t be Ichabod, it would have to be Abbie. The show can continue without her but not without him.

• Angela says:

It could, sure, because the original Sleepy Hollow story focuses on Ichabod and the show would continue in that vein…but a lot of fans wouldn’t find the show as appealing without both of them around. I sure wouldn’t want to lose Abbie.
        Besides, considering the recent episode where Abbie’s fear about losing Ichabod was exposed, I could see that being foreshadowing for something happening to Ichabod. And since the series started with him being resurrected, that would fit well into the “will this death stick?” part of this blind item, since most fans would logically assume that Abbie would try to find some way to resurrect him again, or he’s “dead” but not really dead somehow, or something.

• If they kill him, he’ll stay dead for maybe one or two episodes, making the whole thing a gimmick. If they kill her, she can stay dead forever. Then again, what does dead mean in a show that included Purgatory as a setting?

• Angela says:

Well, since this death is supposed to be a “are they really dead or not?” thing, it could potentially be a gimmick regardless of what show it’s for. So if it is just intended to be a gimmick, then it’d fit for Ichabod.
            If it did turn out to be permanent, though, and your theory about Abbie being killed off permanently came true…the show would have one hell of a pissed off fanbase on their hands. Fortunately, though, I don’t think they’ll go there. I certainly hope they won’t, anyway.
            But like you said, if it was this show, whichever character it was would have the supernatural element on their side if they ever wanted to come back :D.

• Lee says:

If Sleepy Hollow permanently kills Abbie, or Ichabod, for that matter, the ratings will go through the floor. Just sidelining Abbie last season HALVED the ratings. Another hit like that and the show’s off the air.

• OR they might replace her with someone who might draw in more ratings. You can’t know for sure. People will watch anything, i.e. Trump and Kardashians.

• Jake says:

It absolutely cannot continue without Abbie. They pushed her to the side in Season 2 for Katrina and that was almost the end of the series. The witnesses rely on each other and Crane, in particular, is a lost little puppy without her. Look at the countless times she’s saved his hide. Get real.

• Abbie is replaceable. Ichabod on a show called Sleepy Hollow would not be.

• pam says:

This white guy is really pissing me off with his be comments.

• Skin color has zero to do with anything here. Don’t be obtuse and focus on what is being said rather than the fantasy in your head.

• Jake says:

There’s nothing replaceable about Abbie Mills. LOL! Why are you dudebro Sleepy Hollow ‘fans’ like this? Giving other male viewers a bad name here, man. Mison was hired for this show because he had chemistry with Nicole, did you know that? The EPs wanted her badly and didn’t think they’d be able to get her. Implying her character is nothing more than his sidekick to his is foolish and such a statement lets me know how invested you are in the series and how well you understand it.

• This not about Abbie in particular, it is about pointing out that of the two of them, the one most likely to die in a show called SLEEPY HOLLOW would be the one created FOR the show and not the one about who the story is about, which would be ICABOD.

• pam says:

GTFO of here with the show can continue without Abbie. Nicole Beharie and Abbie has a bigger fanbase than Crane. This is why the show sunk. This kind of thinking from a certain part of the fandom.

• I never said I’d want her to die. I’m pointing out that the show is called SLEEPY HOLLOW, in which the male lead is ICHABOD CRANE, the lead from the story that inspired the show. If you kill HIM permanently, the show ENDS. You can kill ANYONE ELSE except for HIM, including Abbie. They are ALL expendable.

• pam says:

BS. The show cannot survive without Abbie. Its their chemistry that keeps the show going. Get a flipping clue, man. WTF are you even thinking? What show are you watching? Do you even watch this show?

• Clearly you still have trouble grasping what is being said. The show is called Sleepy Hollow. It is based on the story of Ichabod Crane as written by Washington Irving.

• Abbie and others created for the show are replaceable. The only one who cannot be written out is Ichabod because if he is then the show is over. They’re not going to make a Sleepy Hollow show without Ichabod Crane to keep fans of Abbie Mills happy. She’s not going to stumble across another Revolutionary rebel who was also put in stasis 200 years ago that could replace Crane. You need to understand these things and stop letting that fantasy that plays in your head control you.

• Lee says:

Abbie isn’t replaceable because the actress is more established and a bigger draw. You can continue a show in Sleepy hollow that makes sense without the Abbie Mills character, but you won’t get enough viewers to keep it on air.

• That would still have no relevance on which one of the two is replaceable. The one created for the show or the one who the story is actually about.

• karen says:

I understand and agree with what you’re saying, Michael – ‘Abbie’ fans are particularly rabid, and will never agree that the show could go on without her, so they’re either unaware Sleepy Hollow is based on an actual piece of literature or they’re being deliberately dense. I like the character and the actress, but Crane is the only essential character; anyone who thinks otherwise may want to read the original story written by Washington Irving.

• Exactly. Or watch the Disney toon. It’s awesome.

• Jojoflowers says:

I’ve watched from the beginning and I agree that it would be a serious mistake to cut out Abbie. Her “ancestor” in the show is connected to the past as well and shows why Abbie is connected to the ultimate plot … So it is something that cannot just happen and someone else can take over … That would not just be overlooked

• luckeemisspiggy says:

Sleepy Hollow was my first thought. The showrunners have said fairly consistently that there are two witnesses but haven’t necessarily confirmed that Abbie is one of them. There’s been quite a few theories that it’s actually Ichabod and Jenny that are the witnesses. I personally don’t think the show could continue without Abbie if only because all the Ichabbie shippers out there would die right along with her…but the question of whether or not the death will stick leads me to believe it’s a supernatural series

• EngrEbby says:

Actually it has been confirmed many times by the creators and revealed by many people in season 2. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and Abbie’s ancestor in the finale all referred to Abbie as the second witness (with Jefferson explicitly telling Ichabod he was unable to know he was a witness until he met Abbie) . And two witnesses were required to get Solomon ‘save sword, so it’s pretty safe to say that the two witnesses have been named and exist as Ichabod and Abbie.

• I still think Abbie can die, while Ichabod cannot. In a show were purgatory, Hell, and Heaven are part of the narrative, however, death isn’t always final.

• Ray says:

Better not be!

• murley says:

There has been so much talk about course correcting and one of the most agreed upon problems with last season was the lack of Crane and Abbie working together and their dynamic. Why renew the show and promise to get back to what made season one special only to torpedo that halfway through the season? It makes zero sense.

3. Lindsay says:

Beckett on Castle?

4. Kat Johnson says:

This is an easy one. RIP Kate Beckett.

5. Leann says:

Gotta be Beckett from Castle

6. ItzBee says:

First thing that comes to mind is Annalise Keating / How To Get Away With Murder… considering the flash-forwards we’ve been getting.

However… I think it could be someone else / another show entirely…

• Steven says:

There is no co-lead on HTGAWM. Viola just won an Emmy. She’s safe.

• Lindsay says:

There is no co-lead on HTGaWM

• Angela says:

Ooh, yeah, I could see that. I don’t know if the show is considered “established”, though, since it’s only been on a couple seasons thus far-“established” seems to imply a show that’s been on for a good number of years.
      But I’m willing to go with this guess.

7. Miasy says:

Dear God, please let it be Fitzgerald Grant on Scandal.

• TW says:

Oh, that would be SO awesome.

• Christine says:

Yesssssssssssssssssss!

• David4 says:

That would be amazing. I’d watch the show again if that were the case.

• TOmNEm says:

FROM YOUR MOUTH TO MAMA POPE’S MIND!!!!!!!

• D.W. says:

If that happens then the show would be over because only you guys would still watch it lol

• Ray says:

Uh, no. Apparently the Fitz hate out there is strong and real. I have finally found my people!

• Lee says:

Killing Fitz would tank the Scandal ratings completelyly. People underestimate how many casual viewers still like the character. Killing the primary love interest on Greys is already hurting the whole of TGIT’s ratings, there’s no way they’d be stupid enough to make a mistake like that twice.

• Ray says:

Actually, Lee, that’s not true. GA still has the highest ratings of any TGIT show on ABC. It has not really taken a ratings hit, and you certainly cannot blame year-to-date declines of Scandal and HTGAWM on one character dying on another show.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

SCANDAL always beats GREY’S in the demo, HTGAWM regularly ties it…

• Lola says:

Sorry to disappoint but it’s not Fitz. Co-Lead implies that the show is built around two leads. Scandal is built around Olivia well it used to be now it’s the damn Mellie show but either way Tony Goldwyn would not apply here. You are looking at shows that push two leads ie Castle, Bones, Sleepy Hollow. Also I don’t think ‘fan favorite’ fits either. Shonda has done the most at making people hate Fitz. Plus I don’t see Shonda pulling that so close to McDreamy. So guess you can keep not watching or only focus on Mellie and useless Jake.

• Cena Gomez says:

Castle! I agree….It is not my bae Fitz! He’s not a co lead.

• angel says:

I love Mellie and Jake. I would definitely watch the Mellie and Jake show, get rid of Olivia and Fitz.

• Lee says:

Shonda Rhimes should get rid of the first black female lead on prime time television in 38 YEARS? That’s the worst advice I’ve EVER heard given to a showrunner, she’d never live it down. Besides have you SEEN the ratings of Bellamy Young and Scott Foley’s recent work? You might watch the Mellie and Jake show, but you’d be one of the only people who did, it wouldn’t last half a season! TV Isn’t a charity, they need ratings. Let’s give Mellie and Jake a spin off and see if they can deliver , huh?

• Cena Gomez says:

This Is OLIVIA SHOW and any Bellamy Young lead show would tank and Scott Foley. If that was the case, how come none of them had a hit before Scandal. Okay…NEXT!

• Mary says:

Agree, the death is not on Scandal. If I could choose, I would love it if Mellie, Jake or Rowan got knifed in the back and died. They are all horrible, slut-shaming, physically and emotionally abusive leeches that take from Olivia. Jake choked her for goodness sake and gave her a concussion. He should’ve died 2 seasons ago.

• MFL says:

Well to be fair…Olivia deserves to be slut-shamed, she is a ho mewrecker, a side-chick a mistress…call it what you will! And the person who has disrespected and slut-shamed Olivia the most is Fitz!

• Lee says:

Most of the commenters on here actively dislike Olivia. They enjoy her being slut shamed because she flies in the face of their patriarchal, conservative, misogynistic worldview. A lot of Fitz haters actually hate him because he treats Olivia so well and they view her as inferior to Mellie.
          That’s why they get such joy watching Jake ‘Put her in her place’ by choking, threatening and publicly humiliating her.
          Their mistake is that they confuse their passion with strength of numbers. Their contempt for Fitz and Olivia is real and strong, but they’re not as plentiful as they think. Most casual viewers still root for the central couple, Fitz and Olivia, who MADE this show a success.
          That’s why the show lost 2 million viewers when she threw the ring at him, and that’s why the writers have put them back together.
          The people that come on here to blog are the most passionate. but they’re not the average viewer. The average viewer can barely remember Jake and FULLY remembers Mellie’s active participation in both Fitz’s affair and her own.

• ..... says:

The word “useless” can only be followed by the name Fitz because he is the most useless character on the show….

• angel says:

YES!!! Absolutely yes!

• Larc says:

Yes! Especially if it sticks.

• arial2 says:

Oh yes! I thought I was the only one. And wouldn’t it be a kick to see the VP become President? OMG, an honest President in the White House! Washington DC would never recover. *still laughing*

• MFL says:

OMGoodness Yes Lord!!! Let it b FItz

• Mary says:

I would shed no tears if this was it. That man does not get to walk into the sun. No sir.

• KCatty says:

Fitz was my first thought. Shonda loves killing off characters.

• Jbay says:

If it is Fitz, Scandal might actually be watchable again.

8. Brian says:

Gotta be Castle – they have already been hyping a bit twist in the fall finale that will shake things up even further. Beckett’s a goner folks.

9. Anna says:

Maybe it’s Arrow? The 1st ep of this season did flashforward to Oliver attending someone’s grave.

10. AJ says:

Katic is filming tomorrow goofballs

• Susan says:

They don’t want to hear you. Lol

• Katrina says:

This is hilarious to read this feed and about every third comment is AJ saying that Stana Katic is filming tomorrow!!!! LOL

• Win says:

I’m not throwing my hat in for Castle, in fact, I don’t even watch it. However, one can be killed off in an earlier episode, season/year, or even series (if watching a spinoff of something else) and still shoot scenes for flashbacks, etc… Didn’t they do that for Person of Interest (another one I don’t watch) this past Spring? Heck, a dead character was in Dexter for 96/96 episodes, according to IMDb. For Grey’s Anatomy (still not a viewer), people kept shouting that a certain actor had signed a longer contract, so “it couldn’t possibly be the actor’s character that [will die].” They also used “goofballs, dummies, etc…” towards other people when saying that. It can be nice to be right, but it should be fun to guess. I’m all for celebrating the more educated guesses, but in the end, it’s just another crap shoot where no one should feel too bad for guessing something that makes sense to them. Cheers – I hope if you decide to guess, you guess right! :)

• This. There are SO many reasons Stana could still be filming and ALSO be the character who “dies”. I’m not saying she’s my guess, and I do find it intriguing that she’s scheduled to film the next episode, but I don’t believe that’s the silver bullet of proof that she’s sticking around. There was a character on The 100 who died in one ep and was in the episode after that…and maybe even flashbacks beyond that – I can’t remember. It’s been done before. It’s good to know the info about Stana’s filming schedule, but that shouldn’t take the fun out of people guessing. :-)

• Angela says:

All I’ll say is that if this blind item does wind up pertaining to “Castle”, my heart’s going out to that fanbase!

• Chance says:

The Fall finale wouldn’t have filmed yet. So her filming tomorrow doesn’t mean anything.

• mine says:

they are desperately praying for katic to leave lol ,even if she’s filming

11. Trudy says:

I hope it’s not Juliette from Nashville :(

12. Lisa says:

Really hope I’m wrong but sounds like Kate Beckett is a goner – unless Rick is the goner and this fuels her crusade even more ……… but either way, sounds like Castle

13. Amanda Chaiet says:

Its gotta be Stana Katic now that her and Castle are separated.

• AJ says:

Katic is filming tomorrow episode 809 so no.

• ginger cherry says:

LOL This is like your 8th comment that she’s filming. Still doesn’t make it impossible. Besides, if the death is going to happen during the show’s fall finale, which is typically the 8th/9th/10th episode, then it still could be Beckett and this 809 would be her last episode on the show.

• Liz says:

TVLine’s made it pretty clear that 808 is the fall finale.

• Frankie707 says:

Hmm, not saying it is Kate or Castle at all, but I can’t help remembering that when Kate was killed off on NCIS season finale, Sasha Alexander was still in the next season premiere.

• Stacy says:

I absolutely do not think that it’s Castle, but just because the finale is episode 8 and Katic is filming 9 doesn’t mean it can’t be her. Derek showed up on Greys again a couple episodes after he died. Leo was on Chasing Life one episode after he died. It’s called flashbacks.

• Annie says:

YOU GUYS with the finale shooting schedule! Enough! The item clearly says the character may not be dead-dead for good.

• Littlebirdie says:

Fall finale is the 8th episode which is why she pointed out that Katic is filming ep 9.

• Cait says:

Yeah..but to be fair, her filming 809 could be her in a flashback/memory or lying dead on the ground/at her funeral.

Otherwise, what is the point of the entire plot line of “father/daughter PI team trying desperately to be like Veronica Mars but failing because the writing is nowhere as good and Alexis is unbearable” that the show keeps forcing?

• percysowner says:

Yes, but filming doesn’t mean she’s filming scenes in the present. She could also be filming flashbacks for episode 9. They could be keeping her on set to misdirect people. I don’t know if it’s her or not, but filming episode 9 doesn’t prove it isn’t.

14. Gilded Lady says:

Based on rumor mill – Stefan, TVD.

• Gilded Lady says:

Meant to add – it especially fits the ‘hard to imagine it sticking- bit. Hell, Bonnie was a ghost for what season plus, and Alaric resided on The Other Side for two. The show is the ultimate in ‘deaths that don’t stick’

• Sonja says:

That would actually break my heart. I sure hope it’s not him.

• ames says:

this was my first thought as well…they are known for their “deaths” that tend to reverse themselves later on

• Alisha says:

Agreed. If there’s doubt of whether it’ll stick.. then im leaing heavily towards TVD.. So probably Stefan.. Just setting up for angst central given how important both Damon/Stefan & Stefan/Caroline relationships are this season.. Should be interesting given that there’s no “other” side anymore, how they’d bring him back..

• notTVD says:

Can’t imagine with the show flailing without Elena they would kill off another main character, when all the promos this season are about the two brothers.

• Lindsay says:

I finally gave up on TVD last season, but this show was my first thought, too.

• Oh Lindsay, I really hope you change your mind and watch at least the first episode of this season because it has changed tremendously and the show is back to the old feel it had in season one! Both episodes have been quite interesting and intriguing. :)

• Lynyrd says:

My thought too, even though I stopped watching after they decided to give Caroline and Stefan personality transplants to try and make the ship work. Besides, it’s pretty clear that PW wants to be off the show with the comments he makes at cons, so maybe he’s finally willing to risk losing the regular pay cheque.

• makparis says:

Anyone know when are we supposed to catch up with the flash-forwards?

• Becca says:

Actually, the whole “Stefan is dying and going to hell” plot is supposed to happen a little too early to be in the fall finale, so I think that rules Stefan out. I was considering Hayley from The Originals actually. There have been a couple rumors about killing her off circulating lately, but I just don’t see how they’d swing it after building the entire show around her and her baby. She does qualify as a co-lead though with Joseph and Daniel.

• Gilded Lady says:

Hadn’t heard the Hayley rumors, but agreed that it doesn’t seem terribly likely. When is the Stephan dies and go to hell bit supposed to happen then? Next week or two?

• If they were to kill her off it’d likely be at season finale time, not midseason. TVD/TO typically won’t kill a main until finale time, and doubtful it would be Hayley with the plot of kill all Originals looming over their heads. If the death was from TO I assume it’d be Elijah and he’d eventually come back, because please, killing off an Original is suicide to an already not that strong show.

• Karen says:

But they had him calling Caroline in the 3 year flash forward so wouldn’t really be much impact as we know if can’t stick.

15. SW says:

My first thought was Scandal. I wouldn’t put it past Shonda to kill Fitz off at this point.

16. Sonja says:

To me this reads Ichabod or Abbie. It only says ‘established’ show, not long-running or huge ratings-wise. The whole witness thing would mean one of them dying would be quite the blow to the fabric of the show.

17. Sarah says:

Wasn’t the last blind item Castle ? Hope it’s something different this time.

• fifty8th says:

Yeah that makes me think it is not Castle but then again it is a “drama series that gets a fair amount of love on TVLine”

• Just one thing says:

This is one of those few times where I agree with people who say that TVLine likes to clickbait Castle fans. The odds of them having two items in a row about Castle are slim, and yet they carefully worded the item so that it’s easily linked to Castle – even for people who don’t even watch the dang show.
        Tricky, tricky.

• Sage says:

It is not a drama series, even in a interview with tv line Nathan said “castle is not a drama”!! Also they have said Stana is in every episode this season, maybe the fake a death! I don’t think she’d be in every episode as a flashback especially if they were trying to move on

18. NatesMama says:

Much as I would normally say it’s Beckett on Castle, Stana Katic is still filming the show, thereby negating her as a possibility.

Unless she isn’t actually dead, and this is just a big Bobby Ewing in the shower BS story line.

19. EC says:

While winning points for taking on a literal twist, that would not be a very happy reunion for Caskett…

20. Michelle says:

Regina on OUAT

21. Savannah says:

Shemar Moore/Criminal Minds

• ??? says:

Does TV Line give Criminal Minds a lot of love, though?

• Angela says:

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. They have covered the show on here, yes, but they don’t do weekly reviews of the episodes and stuff like that, so I don’t know if that counts.
        I did briefly wonder if it would refer to “Criminal Minds”, though, because of the news that one of the regulars would be leaving this season. But MGG is supposed to direct that episode, and I think they’ve filmed or are close to finishing filming for all the episodes up to the fall finale, and he’s not directing any of them, so…
        Plus, the term “co-lead” is a clue, too-“Criminal Minds” is more of an ensemble series. “Co-lead” implies this is a show with two main characters.

• Oh hell no, don’t even suggest that

22. garryfish says:

Could it be Bones!

• Frankie707 says:

Nope, we already know the fall finale will be something that centers on Hodgins & Angela, and is something that affects them big time. I’d thing if one of the bit two on Bones (Booth or Brennan) were killed it wouldn’t be a Hodgins/Angela centric storyline.

• Alexandra says:

Thursday’s Bones episode made me think of this and feel almost sure it will be Booth. It dealt with him reading Brennan’s book, seeing she killed off the character based upon him, and getting upset. At the end of the episode, she said there were ways to bring the character back. I think it will happen in the “real life” of the show.

• kmw says:

Sorry just because this episode dealt with Brennan’s fictional Booth’s death doesn’t mean its him. Booth already ” died” in first episode so to do it again, with the possibility it wouldn’t stick, doubtful. If Boreanaz was ready to leave now they should have just done it then. Thursday’s episode was in reality a push to see that Brennan likes the excitement that working with Booth and her job at the Jeffersonian gives her and that her bickering with Booth is just who they are and she shouldn’t fight that. Also Booth or Brennan dying would not be a secondary story, which in this case it would because the show runners have already stated that Angela and Hodgins are the focus and something big is going to happen to them

• Frankie707 says:

I really do not expect Bones to do that. It’s just not at all in line with what they’ve already said will be the storyline for the fall finale. It just doesn’t fit. Could I be wrong? It certainly wouldn’t be the first time, but I really do think I am this time.

• Stacy says:

Crossed my mind, but they already did the Booth-fake death several seasons back. I have a hard time seeing them doing a repeat or reversal of that.

23. Mowthy One says:

Sam Winchester! Oh nooooooo! But it won’t “stick”…

• Megan says:

Last week or the week before they were told Heaven was done with them. If they die it sticks.

• percysowner says:

Yeah, but it wouldn’t stick for some reason. Really Supernatural doesn’t continue without either Jared or Jensen plus no one would expect either one of them dying to stick, so it wouldn’t be a big deal. It would be a how do they undo this deal.

• LV Sunny says:

This. I thought the same thing after the death comment on last week’s ep. I really enjoy the show, but I think it’s winding down, or the writers are getting bored. So the death of one of the Winchesters wouldn’t surprise me.

• percysowner says:

Supernatural is still one of the CW’s best rated shows. I don’t think it will be winding down this season. I’m sure that when it does wind down we will get a “Watch the final season of Supernatural! See how the epic story ends!” Not a surprise death mid-season.

• SW says:

As percysowner said, Supernatural is still one of The CW’s most-consistent shows ratings-wise, not to mention their longest-running show now, and both Jared, Jensen, and Misha have all said they’re still excited by storylines and are sticking around as long as people keep watching. I don’t think it’ll be over anytime soon. When it does end, there will be a lot of build up and press surrounding the final season because it’s been on so long. They’re not going to just throw a surprise death into the middle of the season and go, “oh, by the way, this is the final season.” The final season of Supernatural will be hyped up months leading into it.

24. ndixit says:

Even though Castle show runners are crazy, I have difficulty imagining that they are that crazy. Can’t kill off Castle, given the show is named Castle. Killing off Beckett would mean the show runners have lies outright. So not likely! Could be Felicity on Arrow. It would fit the description. It could be any of a bunch of shows actually.

25. Littlebirdie says:

A spoiler I read today tells me it’s not Castle. Or Beckett. See prop guy Rob whats his name’s twitter for a prop list.

26. Well, it has to be a show that’s having a fall finale/taking a winter hiatus. I know ABC usually does those, and I think NBC. I’m not too sure about the other networks. My first thought was Booth on Bones because I think there was a rumor at some point about David Boreanaz wanting to leave, but his character recently was missing and I think if they wanted to kill him off, that would’ve been the time to do it. So, I don’t think my first instinct was right.

27. Olivia says:

As long as it’s not about The Blacklist, Castle, AoS or Criminal Minds… Although I don’t watch anymore, could it be from OUAT? Regina?

28. AngelWasHere says:

Daryl from Walking Dead! Just trying to be different. :P

It’s probably Fitz from Scandal since pearls sounds like Olivia and McDreamy is from another Shonda Rimes’ show.

29. Trish says:

Mannnn, if this isn’t Arrow, I’m going to be pissed! This has been three years overdue. The day they finally kill off Laurel, I’ll celebrate in the streets and fly to LA to buy John Campea a drink. DO IT!!

30. Andressa says:

I don’t think it’s Beckett, maybe is the kill that shows up o Arrow’s premiere!
    Can’t be Beckett!

31. wrstlgirl says:

People have been speculating Daryl Dixon for weeks, but I think they’re just damn crazy.

• shemark57 says:

Just had to jump in here as a TWD fan. This blind item doesn’t fit Daryl Dixon (who people have been speculating about for years – hence the “if Daryl dies we riot” meme), because deaths on TWD always stick. Which doesn’t mean Daryl won’t die. But this is about another character on another show.

• wrstlgirl says:

So many experts, sheesh, I was just having some fun, lol. The speculation that I’m speaking to is about Daryl dying this season, which has only been going on for weeks, not years.

• KCatty says:

Awwww….you say something that adds nothing to the conversation, then get offended when someone points that you’re hopelessly wrong? Precious.

Reading others’ comments, TVD sounds like a legit possibility.

• Just one thing says:

Wow, congrats: Your post totally reflects your username.
            Easily the most unnecessarily rude comment I’ve read in these hundreds of comments.
            Gold star for you.

• wrstlgirl says:

Hahahaha, for the record I am not offended in the least. But clearly you are for whatever reason. Now you’ve got two Gold stars. Use them well.

• The Squatch says:

Actually, Daryl Dixon was one of the first people who crossed my mind. They have been teasing the arrival of the Negan character who, in the comic book, kills off one of the main and most popular characters the first time he appears. I can see him swinging his barbed wire covered bat, Lucille, at Daryl’s head as the screen goes black and you hear a body collapse then Negan laughing. Then, if they decide the death doesn’t stick, they can easily have someone of less consequence “take the hit” for him at the last second or something. Then again, not sure the blind item clues really fit Daryl but still, I believe it is, at least, a possibility that shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand.

• shemark57 says:

Except that (1) Daryl is not a co-lead; (2) while popular, his importance to the show is not such that it would be hard to imagine his death sticking; and (3) Negan swinging Lucille and missing Daryl is not the same as whacking him. Other than that, your theory fits perfectly! Seriously, there’s a very real possibility that Daryl gets it soon, and possibly even by Negan. Everyone is expecting Negan to kill the same person he kills in the comics, but they’ve been known to change things up before – Judith and Carol are dead in the comics, and Andrea is alive, for example. But this blind item is not about Daryl! Stop twisting yourself in knots trying to make him fit when he doesn’t. At all.

• wrstlgirl says:

I can totally see TWD doing something like you’ve described. What a long summer break what would be, eh :-)

• The Squatch says:

1.) I don’t think most people on here seem to realize that the prefix “co” as in “costar” or “Co-lead” doesn’t necessarily mean just two. It can mean multiple leads. Aren’t dictionaries awesome? hehe

2.) I think millions of fans, (especially the female fans), would vehemently disagree with this…

3.) I never said he missed. I said they would make it seem very clear that he was killed. Negan swinging towards his head and you hear a sickening thud, then they cut away to maybe Rick who gets blood spattered across his face which has a shocked look. Then the screen goes dark as you hear a body fall and Negan laughing. All of which could mean nothing when the show returns and they show Abraham or someone lunging in and taking the hit.

As far as getting twisted in a knot, I’m not sure where that comes from. My entire point was only that Daryl was at least a possibility, no matter how small. I even said in my original statement that I didn’t really feel the other clues fit him, but still, you can never be 100% sure with these blind items. I have never even paid attention to these before. This is the first time I have commented on one, I believe. This illustrates exactly why I don’t post on here as much as I may like. All I did was give one of 1000 examples of what could happen and I get some snarky, attack-comment in return.

32. Ben says:

Given Ausiello’s blind item history, there is only one thing I can say with certainty. This is obviously NOT Castle.

• kath says:

Why not Castle? Because it was a blind item recently?
      This is exactly the sort of thing the geniuses who thought up splitting Castle and Beckett up would do.

33. Ben says:

Juliette on Nashville.

34. Tracee says:

Well, we know it’s not either lead on Sleepy Hollow. Take either of them away and that show’s dunzo as fuxxzo. Besides, one of SH’s EP’s teased a character would turn on the heroes this season..

35. Simon says:

Could it be Juliet on Nashville. I hope not.

36. Yas says:

Kate Beckett on Castle, are u guys high?

37. Kathy says:

Castle is my guess.

38. Susan says:

I thought I heard Hayden Panatierre was leaving Nashville? Maybe Juliette?

• Chance says:

She’s not leaving the show, she’s getting treatment for Postpartum depression and they’re going to write around her absence.

39. Jennifer says:

Is it possibly Terrence Howard on “Empire”? I know he’s got legal troubles and FOX has already cut back his airtime…

• Chris says:

This was my first thought. But for some reason, the context of the article doesn’t fit. Empire gets more than “a fair amount of love” on TV Line, and I feel like the article would have mentioned it was a big sensation lately if it was Empire.

If not, possible Stefan on Vampire Diaries? Fitz on Scandal?

• Spence says:

And also: “fan favorite”???? Lucious definitely doesn’t fit that description (love to hate him, maybe, but the HATE is very strong).

40. lola says:

Im guessing Fitz on Scandal…Shonda really has a problem with happily ever afters….

41. Babygate says:

Beckett from Castle. The quality this season has really declined anyways so what do they have to lose? Besides, seems like Stana is more than ready to move on.

42. Claire says:

Snow on Once Upon A Time, if only for her importance to the series and the use of the word “fair”.

43. Marsha says:

I’m suspecting Emma or Hook from OUAT

44. Hmmm…I know some in the Criminal Minds fandom is chattering about a departure from a series regular. So… Shemar Moore?

• More than likely not Shemar. If it is Criminal Minds, my money is on AJ. But she’s slated to be in until episode 22 so that rules her out instantly. But CM doesn’t get much love here. So it probably isn’t. Then again the last time I thought something would be, it wasn’t. Just hope I’m wrong this time.

• Spence says:

While it’s pretty obvious that Morgan is a scene-stealer on Criminal Minds, I wouldn’t consider him “co-lead”, or anyone actually. CM is an ensemble cast imo.

45. Brad says:

Beckett gets shot and fans don’t get there reward LOL or maybe she get shot or castle cause of her dumb obsession

46. Joei says:

Sadly, I think it’s Kate Beckett. And AJ before you say she’s filming 8X09 yet again – let me say this many characters have flashback scenes on the episodes after their deaths so yes this could be about Castle while you’re stll right about her filming.

• Hope says:

But she is in multiple scenes ones at start and end of ep and also at the station so not flashbacks or she is dying or a ghost. So not Castle.

• Ellen says:

Didn’t TVLine confirm Katic was in all 22 episodes this season? How many flashbacks can you have. Unless the cliffhanger makes fans think she’s dead but she isn’t when the show returns.

• trinawanders says:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I can see them trying to pull off a cliffhanger where Beckett could possibly die (cause that hasn’t been done before). Kind of silly though considering everyone knows she’ll be around all season.

• John NYC says:

Cliffhangers aren’t ever meant to be taken seriously beyond the puzzle of how the hero or heroine survives the cliff.

Not an “if” a “how”.

• AJ says:

Why is every blind item Castle with fans?

• percysowner says:

Well, people were right when they thought that Castle and Becket would break up so that guess was based on what they saw in the show. In this case we know Stana didn’t sign until the last minute and we don’t know what concessions she got, it may have been a greatly reduced work schedule which “killing” Becket would accommodate. It’s also one of the shows where co-leads can identified. There is no arguing about “is it an ensemble” Castle and Becket are co-leads. Plus with the separation that fans aren’t happy about, this is one way to resolve the issue. I think it could be another show, but this is not “everybody” assuming it’s Castle. The show fits the parameters of the item.

• Gern Blanston says:

The only reason that I don’t buy that its Beckett is because the story for the season seems to have already been entirely written. The Blind Item makes it sound like this is something that the writers are just coming up with.

47. aph1976 says:

I’m wondering if it’s Beckett on Castle but maybe she fakes her death to protect Castle.However we may not know Beckett is still alive right away.In the meantime Castle could want revenge for his wife’s death and that could send him down a dark path.

48. Court says: