Quantico Full Season Pickup

Quantico Lands Full-Season Order

Alex Parrish just bought herself a little more time to find Quantico‘s true terrorist: The ABC drama has earned itself a full-season pickup, the network announced Tuesday.

The order for six additional episode will bring the full count to 19; an ABC rep tells TVLine that there’s a possibility that that order will expand.

The series’ premiere drew 7.1 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, improving greatly on previous timeslot-holder Revenge‘s numbers. In Week 2, it was down only 3 percent in audience and matched the premiere’s demo number, and was the night’s highest-rated drama.

This past Sunday’s episode nabbed 5.7 million viewers and a 1.6 rating, doubling its lead in from Blood & Oil.

The Priyanka Chopra-fronted thriller, which follows FBI agent Alex as she tries to figure out who’s framing her for a massive terror attack, airs Sundays at 10/9c. It is the second freshman series this season to receive a full order, following NBC’s Blindspot.

Have thoughts on Quantico‘s pickup? Sound off in the comments!

1. tp1943 says:

Watched 1.5 episodes. No more, thanks.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Awwww more pretty.

3. Stephon JS says:

No surprise there. Im just waiting on the 1st cancel new show of the season

• Jess says:

i’m thinking it might be Blood & Oil, which isn’t doing so hot ratings wise.

• Ellinas1978 says:

Well Minority Report has been effectively cancelled. Running out what has been filmed because they have nothing better to put in the timeslot is the same thing.

• tvjunkie says:

well they arent going to put on another new show in its place now when baseball is going to be interrupting the schedule

• Delirious says:

Best new show (of those already premiered) for me, without a doubt. So glad it scored a full-season order!

Although I’m afraid of what it might mean story-wise, like others said, if it was already planned for it to have some kind of “conclusion” by the end of the season. Even if the EP said “there will be another event [that propels the action, Safran revealed] Every season will have its own driving force.”

4. Sarah F says:

Really enjoy it but I wonder if this will change the storyline, since they have said by the end of the season (original 13 ep order) they’d have a resolution to it. Not looking forward to a drawn out storyline for the sake of drawing it out.

• johnhelvete says:

I think the 6 additional episodes that might end up being (9?? to get to 22) is more of an issue. How to the writers plan for the end of the season if they might get more episodes?

• Chance says:

My guess is that they had a working plan for a full 22 episode season going in. I doubt the pick up and additional episodes will have any effect.

• retsim says:

Totally agree.To many series get on a run then it drags out for so long i feel like screaming ,Just get to the bloody point.Then viewing figures drop an i end up skipping through a few episodes and just watch the last two to see what happens .

5. Dan G. says:

It is SO fast-paced, you don’t have time to question ANYTHING …. and it doesn’t exactly HURT that Priyanka Chopra is DROP DEAD HOTTTTTT …. with Masters of Sex having become non-relevant, and The Last Ship now on break …. I’M STICKIN’ WITH QUANTICO …. ON SUNDAY NITES !

6. Mr. Tran K says:

This is great news. Priyanka Chopra is destined to be one of the breakout stars this season. With Blindspot and Quantico already getting the full season treatment, what other new shows should join them?

• Julio says:

Limitless is the next one

• Ellinas1978 says:

None. Minority Report is effectively cancelled. Limitless should be too. And so should Blood&Oil and Scream Queens. What am I leaving out?

• killmotion says:

Limitless. It’s in the top three best new shows with Blindspot and Quantico. And it’s actually my fave of the three but I do enjoy them all. I think they’re maybe waiting to see how it does against Chicago Fire…but it is owned by CBS so even if it does drop a bit more as long as it’s steady, it should last. And I hope it does.

7. Westen says:

19 ? ABC has to be confused about this show. Anything below 2.0 isn’t a hit these days. Also MS almost double Quantico in total viewers. However it did double its lead in. What would you do? 19 not 20 or 18.. ??

8. Mzglorybe says:

Not enjoying Quantico much thus far. All the jumping around in time frames gets confusing.

9. Fantastic!!!! Quantico is the real deal, as is the drop-dead, beautiful Priyankra Chopra. Boo to all the jealous haters

• tvjunkie says:

It’s no Blindspot, but it’s probably the next best new drama of the season. Third place is probably a distant 3rd. Maybe Llimitless, but its got some issues.

• Priyanka promotes fairness creams in India. As if women don’t deal with enough self image issues, we have this movie star who promotes commercials that show fair as beautiful. Research ‘fair’n lovely’ creams that Chopra promotes, a bunch of ads can be found on YouTube.

10. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

They should put this show on the 9pm slot right after OUAT. The show is alright……better than that Blood & Oil I won’t be surprised if it gets canceled.

• John NYC says:

That might depend on what they use to fill out the lineup: some things fit at ten and others don’t.

And I’m enjoying the puzzles and the visuals so I’m happy it’s getting more episodes.

• Chance says:

They would be stupid to try and put the show opposite TWD. Moving it to 9 would be a huge mistake.

• Ali says:

Sundays @ 9 will kill the show- Walking Dead is on @ 9 -they should move it to a different day honestly if they’re only doing short order seasons I’d originally have had it replace Murder on Thursdays after the season ends like American Crime last year but now The Catch exists so can’t do that but something about having Quantico on Sundays just doesn’t fit right – it doesn’t go with the family friendly lightenss of OUAT

11. Juan says:

Favorite new show. Loving each episode!

12. A says:

The final twist will be that all the recruits except alex & the twins are terrorists lol

13. Ellinas1978 says:

Imagine what it could do with a decent lead-in.

Now I bet it’s a DVR heavy show especially on that time slot.

14. datdudemurphy says:

Love this show so far….
    I hope the extra episodes don’t create a watered down story…keep it all moving. I would almost rather them keep it at 13 episodes, and just start working on a second 13 episode season.

Also, Priyanka is absolutely gorgeous.

15. Pamela Baker says:

Good show but I liked Revenge better.

16. All those people who said this show was dead are dead wrong.

17. davej13 says:

Honestly, I am Indian and I started watching because of Priyanka having seen many of her films.

By ep 3 , however, I am quite intrigued about the mystery.

I hope they can get her to do some goofy scenes. Priyanka is really good at physical comedy, but there may not be a way to work that into the script.

18. lisa says:

I love this show. Love the cast, love the thought given to the story arc. It really worries me what happens when you expand something this dependent on plot from 13 to 19. I hope they keep the quality up

19. Josh Emerson says:

GOOD! I am loving Quantico. Great cast and twists. Might be a little ‘out there’ but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

20. bridyyc says:

90210 goes to FBI school. The writing could be sharper. I’ll give them some time.

21. Tonya henry says:

burn notice meets quantico…. I love this show….. Keeps you guessing…. Trust no one…..number one show of the season so far

22. Matt says:

It’s the best new show of this season – BY FAR. Thank you ABC for not being stupid.

23. Priyanka promotes fairness creams in India. As if women don’t deal with enough self image issues, we have this movie star who promotes commercials that show fair as beautiful. Research ‘fair’n lovely’ creams that Chopra promotes, a bunch of ads can be found on YouTube.

24. Beverly says:

I have been watching past seasons and I have enjoyed the series so far. I look forward to see where the story leads. Thumbs up.

25. tsevca says:

The show isn´t bad. Only every single actor there is better at acting than their lead.

26. Sandy says:

love this show, keeps me on the end of my chair trying to figure out who the bad guys are.

27. Lee Waldon says:

the constant flasback in Quantico are annoying!!! Stop that and give us up to date episodes please!

• Sandy says:

I really like this show, however the flash backs are driving me crazy too. Wish they would just get on with it. Glad it was picked up.

28. Mary says:

Quantico is one of few shows that I can’t wait to watch. It keeps my interest because of the twists and turns!

29. Lea wolfe says:

Do not cancel this show it is good

30. Patrick fowler says:

I really like this show. Right now you have a winner. Maybe you could keep the cast intact and let them solve some of the issues that we are facing right now. Catching terrorists, and just outsmarting the bad guys.

31. Mary Massey says:

This has become my favorite show, for any night. Priyanka is fantastic! Keep up the fantastic work!

32. Sherry Hohnke says:

Really have enjoyed this show. We can’t watch live most of time so, we get it on Hulu. Hope we count in rating. Waiting to find out what happens after bomb
    exploded, who was in the Command Center?

33. zaida says:

I simply jus love this show quantico only watched 11 episodes can’t wait for the rest

34. Lynda Lawrence says:

Tired of going back and forth so much. I want more story. Keep it moving