Blindspot Ratings

Ratings: Blindspot Rises in Week 4, Castle Slips to New Series Low

NBC’s Blindspot — which has already earned a full-season order — this Monday drew 8.5 million total viewers and a 2.5 rating (per finals), up a tenth in the demo to become the fall’s first scripted series to grow in the demo week-to-week.

Opening the Peacock’s night, The Voice (12 mil/3.3) was steady week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

ABC | With NFL preemptions now factored out, Dancing With the Stars (11.8 mil/1.7) was steady while Castle (6.8 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth to a new demo low.

THE CW | Crazy Ex-Girlfriend debuted to 900,000 total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating, placing below anything The Originals did in the time slot last season; TVLine readers gave the quirky comedy an average grade of “B.” Jane the Virgin returned to 1.06 mil and a 0.4 (and an “A-” grade), down from both its series debut (1.6 mil/0.6) and freshman finale (1.2 mil/0.5) and matching its demo low.

FOX | Gotham (4.2 mil/1.5) and Minority Report (2.1 mil/0.7) matched last week’s numbers.

CBS | Big Bang (15 mil/3.9) was steady, while Life in Pieces (7.8 mil/1.8), Scorpion (9.4 mil/1.7) and NCIS: LA (7.8 mil/1.1) each dipped a tenth (with the latter hitting a series low in the demo).

1. Boiler says:

Generally hate to pick on scripted shows but CW deserves what they are getting. Still sorta bitter about the HoD decision.

2. zac says:

Oh no Jane. Hope it gets adjusted up or grow next week. Too bad for Crazy Ex GF. Heard great things about that show. I wonder if it’ll get higher viewerships if it was on Showtime instead.
    Also, why does The CW have lower ratings than the other networks? Is the channel available all over the US? Sorry, I dont live anywhere N. America. Just really interested in how things work and how the shows I watch are faring

• Carla Krae says:

There aren’t as many CW stations as the Big Three networks have – CBS, NBC, and ABC. It also has less than FOX, too, because it’s much younger. Some areas don’t have a 24/7 dedicated CW channel, but only a channel that airs CW primetime.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Looks like Blindspot has become a breakout hit for NBC this season and I like the character Patterson who’s like a mix of Chloe O’Brian on 24 and Abby from NCIS. Still can’t stand Life in Pieces and the numbers better go down once the wannabe Modern Family sitcom moves to Thursdays starting November 5th after football is done. One final note, I did watched last night’s premiere of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and I never going back for more even though it’s a “romantic musical comedy” that has never done before on prime time TV.

4. Sam says:

I expect Castle’s numbers to continue slipping. I think a lot of fans were serious in tuning out given the split. Most people think the show has taken 10 steps back by splitting Castle and Beckett simply because the showrunners don’t like them married. Hopefully this plot will be fixed – a la Kalinda’s husband in The Good Wife. Maybe then people will tune back in?

• tvjunkie says:

I don’t watch the show, never have, but I though I saw something that the 2 leads hated each other in real life. Perhaps that’s the real reason.

• Anonymous says:

I agree ,I asked the question the other day about the writers .I see the ratings to keep dropping it wouldn’t surprise me that it gets cancelled sooner than later. It appears the writers think this story line is awesome too bad they have no clue,even though they should from ratings drops.I will watch till break if not fixed then I will switch over to Blindspot better show tight now.

• castle lover says:

i as a big big castle fan don’t think that it will last past the break. not with all that i’m hearing. it’s very very sad! hope i’m wrong but i don’t have much faith left. I did enjoy last night esp though. very moving in the right direction but it might be a little to late!

• diya says:

definitely loving blindspot….as for castle well lets see if it lasts the season (i doubt it), if they do they might get a shortened final season ( highly unlikely), here’s hoping they do some damage control.

5. TicaTica says:

I liked Castle last night. Hopefully those numbers hold

• Sam says:

They won’t – football preemption basically guarantees a downward adjustment.

• Sam says:

As expected, Castle went down to a 1.1. My hope is that the showrunners are getting the message – ABC can’t be thrilled with these numbers – and that they are able to fix it before it’s too late. I’d hate to see this be the last season and the end up apart.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Last week when preempted in 1.6% of the country, 7.3 mil/1.3 got nudged down to 6.8 mil/1.2.

• Sam says:

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not rooting for the show to fail. I just hope TPTB at Castle are hearing the fans similarly to how the Kings responded to fans re Kalinda’s husband.

• Christina says:

If only they were listening. I get the feeling they don’t care, and they’re sticking to their guns on this one because they think the twist is awesome.

• Betisa says:

it will be adjusted down 1.1

6. kirads09 says:

I hope Gotham’s numbers improve. Wasn’t quite as earth shattering as last week, but very good set up for a lot of things to come in the season. Blindspot is great and clearly the breakout hit of all the new shows.

7. SK says:

That’s great for Blindspot. I really enjoy this show.

8. Erika says:

As expected,Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin premiere ratings are below 0.5. CEG is dead,JTV…probably?!

9. Julia says:

I wouldn’t worry too much about Jane the Virgin…I think that is the safest show at the CW due to the award nominations and buzz.

10. tvjunkie says:

I’ve checked out several new dramas this fall: Minority Report, Limitless, Scream Queens and Quantico. However, Blindspot is by far the best so far. I’ve already about given up on MR and SQ, have multiple unwatched episodes on the DVR.

11. Boiler says:

Baseball teams from the three largest markets all were playing during at least the first hour and a half in eastern and central time zones. Any thought as to how that may affected ratings?

12. ninamags says:

This Blindspot reminded me of Dan Brown’s book. Misguided people trying to control the population of earth. It was great.

• Katherine215 says:

Me, too! Though what does it say about me that I can kind of see their point?! Not that I think we should murder millions of people, of course. Just that there are a lot of people on this planet.

13. Boiler says:

With DVR Castle was up to nearly 11 million viewers and a 2.2 and that would have been with all the negative publicity. Regardless of the complainers it is still a viable show. I think Blindspot being an early hit may be the real reason it is down some.

14. kmw says:

Very interesting indeed if Castles numbers hold up given that lots of people said they were going to stop watching, but I doubt those numbers hold. Gotham holding steady is good for FOX NCIS LA is really struggling this year. Good for Blindspot its nice to see one show go up

15. DMCo says:

Is it just me or is Blindspot already a bore. Each episode so far has the same predictable storyline. Plus Jane is to mechanical.

• castle lover says:

@dmco

sorry you’re not the only one, i enjoy it but it is predictable at times. i know i see things differently than most people and am sorry to say getting bored. i don’t watch this one live i watch Castle, then watch blindspot the following night.

16. Dan the critic says:

It is great that Blindspot and Quantico are doing well. Hope Heroes can do the same.

17. kath says:

I think Castle is holding because viewers are giving the new plotlines a chance. But looking at the comments, which are mostly hate for this season, I’d say they will start dropping within the next few episodes.

• castle lover says:

@kath

yep, i see them falling until, either it gets canceled or they-in the eyes of the fans- can get it right, which i don;t think that they can, even putting the characters back together wont help. I will ride it out……

• Jerri says:

Many were complaining about NCIS when Cote dePablo suddenly departed the show (some still complain to this day) and have said they’ll stop watching, yet the show’s numbers are doing fine.

18. Alex Mindev says:

NBC has promoted the living daylights out of “Blindspot”…I’ve been DVRing it but not been overly impressed. I have to say I really expected more out of Jamie Alexander’s character. Watching her play Lady Sif in the Thor films led me to believe she could do a great job as a lead but so far she’s been average as grits. Not sure if it’s her or the material is just lacking. I’m also getting an Alias vibe from the overall cover up plotline.

On a side note…Gotham is so much better this season it’s a shame that it isn’t getting more viewers or higher DVR numbers. Bruno Heller has definitely stepped up and delivered. Creatively the show is going to places that S1 didn’t quite get to. That 8pm time slot is brutal though, especially with TBBT there for the first 8 weeks of S9.

19. Pat says:

Blindspot just keeps getting better and better each week. I am loving this show. It is definitely a winner.

20. Waleed says:

When will castle Showrunner learn that we have the remote control of the tv. + did they really expect people to give them chance s again & again & again. Come on. This “break” breaked the fans. 2Nd time will they won’t they didn’t worked for me with Ross & Rachel And nor with #Caskett.

• castle lover says:

@waleed

not all of us do! i will continue to watch it, but my theory is that it will be gone real soon, even it they put the characters back-most will hate it cause, if it’s not the way we want it….then it’s not great! and i don’t think that it is all the showrunners faults, yes a lot but i think that the actors this year have a big part in the blame!

• Waleed says:

I agree it feels like that. But I remember Nathan said in his interview that he didn’t agree to this break up 1st but writers reassured him that they are bringing back the fun show everyone loved. Also where’s the “stronger than ever sparks, electricity & chemistry” they have only like 5 min together in each ep.

21. lame says:

ABC might be looking ahead to syndication. If the studio can find a way to keep the leads on board for seasons 9 & 10 while making it financially feasible. It’s all about making money for the studio.

22. lame says:

I thought Blindspot’s premise would be unsustainable. Three episodes in my opinion has changed the writers have created a storyline line that is expanding in surprising and unexplicable trajectories .

23. Rodney says:

The reason Castle has dipped is because the two new idiots in charge show runners have pissed off us fans so badly we quit watching. Breaking up Rick and Kate was the stupidest move ever. Making fans so mad they plan not to watch anymore until they’re back together. Sure other fans will continue to watch….but not as many who would have thanks to these idiots in charge.