Fall TV Preview
DWTS Len Goodman Returns

DWTS Season 21: Len Goodman Exit Confirmed, Pro Cast Revealed

The biggest “surprise” about Dancing With the Stars‘ Season 21 pro line-up… was already revealed this week, with the news that Season 13 champ Karina Smirnoff will be returning to the parquet after sitting out last cycle.

Outside of that return, the pro cast as revealed thus far is, well, pretty much BAU, led by Val Chmerkovskiy (who grabbed the mirror ball trophy last season, with partner Rumer Willis), five-time champ Derek Hough (who sat out a few weeks last go-round due to an injury) and two-time winner Mark Ballas.

Among the ladies, you’ve got Season 14 champ Peta Murgatroyd, Season 19 winner Witney Carson, plus Allison Holker and Sharna Burgess. Rounding out the men’s ranks is Artem Chigvintsev.

Meanwhile, as he announced last December, judge Len Goodman, who’s been with the show since Season 1, will not be returning as a full-time panelist. EP Rob Wade confirmed to Glamour.com that Goodman’s “schedule as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK and the birth of his new grandson” will limit his involvement to, at most, some guest appearances.

Three Dancing pros remain to be named. The roster of celebrity/”celebrity” dancers will be announced Sept. 2 on GMA.

DWTS Season 21 opens Monday, Sept. 14 at 8/7c.

1. Jane says:

No Keo, Emma, Kym, or Tony :( So only nine contestants this year?

2. James says:

The season premieres September 14 not September 24!

3. JBC says:

I hope they have Keo come back, since we didn’t really get to see him get farther than the second week, with the non talented celebs they paired him up with. Be nice to see him get a talented partner and go farther in the competition. I also can’t imagine Tony not coming back.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Unfortunately Len was the best part of the show.

5. Mandie says:

You know what this means, right? No ten for Len.

6. AngelWasHere says:

Tony better come back! I love him! The show us going be so different without Len too. :( I hope Keo doesn’t come back. He’s so freaking into his self. Might be one reason he always gets kicked off. I appreciate having a male pro of color, but he irks me.

7. BAU? Could you use words please? lol I can usually figure out acronyms but had to look this one up. If you want all your readers to understand what you’re publishing, words work best. :)

8. Gerri says:

Seriously I thought Derek Hough was quitting last season and he came back, so I thought for sure this season he’d be gone, but he is back again. He just can’t quit can he.

9. RUCookie says:

Glad Karina is coming back. I miss Cheryl. Pulling for Sharna to get a great dancer – she is a wonderful choreographer. The inclusion of Allison does nothing for me, her dances always seem to be about her and pushing boundaries – she is the Mark Ballas of the early seasons. Huge loss in the in men’s area if they lose Tony. It was sad already without Maksim. Was hoping for a Derek break, but alas he is back and will surely make the finals again. Happy to see Artim back and Mark’s concepts are always a pleasure to see.

10. pitaz says:

It’s all about the guest stars for me. I didn’t watch last season because none of the guest stars appealed to me.

11. Sherry Jenkins says:

Sorry to see Len go. Hope they replaced him with the same caliber judge. Love the show. Bring Val’s brother Max back.

12. Cindy Wallen says:

This is my favorite show, I’m excited for every season. I of course always hope for Maks to return. He has been my favorite forever. It will be interesting to see who is cast for this season. And when Len is gone who will take over.

13. maria carson says:

This show is Soo over without Len
    Lose Juliane. Hough already, she kniws nothing about ballroom dancing. Bad attitude. This show needs to have the plug pulled

14. laura says: