Prison Break Returns

Prison Break Returns: 9 Characters Who Must Be a Part of Fox's Revival

When it comes to Fox’s officially announced Prison Break revival, this much we know:

As TVLine reported in June, the action-thriller is returning in 2016 as a 10-episode event series — with both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell (who now star and recur on The CW’s midseason superhero series Legends of Tomorrow) on board, as escape artist Michael Scofield and onetime Death Row inmate Lincoln Burrows.

Also, the revival is the handiwork of series creator Paul Scheuring, who in fact is adapting an idea he had at the time that he and Prison Break parted ways. As such, it will need to account for Michael’s fatal sacrifice on behalf of wife Sara, which capped the drama’s four-season run.

“Paul is very cognizant of [that death],” Fox CEO Dana Walden has said. “At the point that Paul left the show, he had certain [storyline] ideas but was not interested in staying with the show full-time.  So I would say to those fans, ‘This is the pure vision of the creator of the show.’ It’s going to take a little detour from where we left off, but it should feel very satisfying.”

In the name of Prison Breakers’ satisfaction, TVLine presents this list of characters (mostly alive, some dead) who it would be a crime to leave out of the revival. Check out our picks and share your own!

1. Mare says:

Sara had better back. I hated the season when she “died.”

2. Bwhit says:

Sara and Sucre are a must for me. The rest would just be a bonus. Oh and no LJ? I want him to come back in some way.

• Shannon says:

Yes to LJ too!

• Kate says:

Oh, yes, L.J., but of course in my fan fiction, he’s the one who discovers the evidence that makes little Michael go looking for his father causing the rest to go on a rescue mission. I have this idea that he went to law school and is working for a branch of the Innocence Project and uncovers the evidence through a crazy that walks in and he just relates the story to his family over the holidays and Michael gets his wheels turning and sets out on a mission.

3. orchardist says:

LOVE Sucre. He MUST be back. I don’t need to see Aldo Burrows but I wouldn’t mind seeing C-note.
    And SOMEHOW they need to talk about Bellick at least.

• Kate says:

I think it might makes sense that Sucre’s family has like a dog named Brad (it would be his family that would do something to honor him).

4. Dominique says:

i really need sucre and kellerman to come back.
    and obviously you can’t have prison break without t-bag!

5. Johnathan says:

Guys. Can you please stop the ads running on your site that force users on apple devices to go to the AppStore? I can’t browse a single article via Safari browser on my iPhone without being forced to go to AppStore to see some game or other app. I just want to read the TV Entertainment news on here.

6. dj says:

ALL must come back.

7. Donna says:

I can’t wait, deffo Sara back. X

8. dj says:

ALL must come back. Tbag, Abruzzi, C-Note Franklin, Sucre, Bellick..Can’t wait!!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I was purposely stingy with resurrections of famously dead characters, since the revival itself hinges on a huge one.

• charles says:

well abruzzi was killed by mahone and bellick died in the water tunnel…..so dont think they will be back

9. Shannon says:

Tweener!!

10. Kate says:

I might replace Pope with Franklin as he served a pretty important role in the actual TV finale. Yes, he and Michael had their issues and he wasn’t invited to the tombside visit but I guess if the regular team steps on too many toes in whatever the mission actually is, I could see Kellerman or whoever reaching out to Franklin to try and reign them back in. I suppose its also because I sort of feel like the series should be set ten years after the meet up at Michael’s grave, that the next generation should sort of be the protaganists and DiDi seemed like a smart little girl. I’m sort of on the fence about T-Bag, if you saw the episodes he was in on Breakout Kings, he was sort of fine with staying in jail. He also was enjoying the reputation of having broken out of two jails, though as we know, he had very little to do with the escapes other than bullying his way onto the first one and, I think if I followed Sucre’s retelling correctly, he burned Sona to the ground.

11. Kristen says:

Is the last season and mini movie online? I need a refresh.

12. katsigaire andrew says:

its slightly feasible to convince me and other prison break diehards that michael scofield never died since nobody saw him die nor his body layin, but isnt it quiet absurd and silly that the writter of this article has included in the pictures of those who should return John Abruzzi? i mean the guy died before mahone’s eye so it wont make sense to bring him back

13. Dude says:

Sucre, Gretchen and T-Bag, yes.

14. King says:

Yay for Gretchen I really hope she does return. Of coirse Tbags going to return but I NEVER understand why so many people liked this character despite all the evil he had done. The acting was great but still he’s a monster.

15. kn1231 says:

Sarah needs to be back, and not dead or killed for me to have any interest in this. Michael and Sarah are one of my favorite TV couples, can’t handle having them not together.

16. Simon says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Patricia Wettig’s President Whatshername back, I love Patricia Wettig

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Thought about it; like the idea of President Kellerman more. Maybe he recruits Michael & Co. for an off-book mission.

17. Armah says:

There shouldnt any new episode without Teabag

18. Siobhan says:

I don’t care who’s back on it as long as Michael graces my screen haha maybe some linc aswell 😍

19. Jeff says:

T- Bag, Mahone, Michael, Sucre, Bellick n John Abruzi

20. Roxanne Kuk says:

Yay it is coming back…oh my goodness, I am beyond stoked…

21. Anita says:

Of course Michael and Lincoln. Sara, Sucre, LJ, T-bag,Bellick,Mahone,Abruzzi.

22. Anita says:

Love the show. It is my favourite and it is awesome. Good job… keep going love

23. Jeanette says:

I would love to se all of them back, but Sara, sucre and t-bag MUST come back! :D

24. Alicia Gray says:

I DON’T UNDERSTAND. IT CONFUSES MY BRAIN.

25. C Not in not on the list? this is a joke.

26. Mahone and T-Bag are a must. Most of the others would also be great to see.

27. tarcisio oliveira da silva says:

Muito bom não vejo a hora de começar de novo sou muito dessa serie sem palavras como eu sintia saldades.

28. Mary Boyles says:

The only season’s I really liked was the 1st and 2nd, then they kinda started getting boring

29. silentrose222 says:

The only season’s I liked was the 1st and 2nd, that was when I started losing intrest

30. tarcisio oliveira da silva says:

Muito bom não vejo a hora de começar de novo sou muito fan dessa serie sem palavras como eu sintia saldades.

31. Nick says:

Didn’t Wentworth Millers character die in the last episode? How would they bring him back?

32. jack J says:

Best Tv show ever!!! It was definitely way ahead of its time and have never gotten bored from it have seen it dozens of times once for every year since. Glad to see it coming back

33. assefa says:

ya. Sara didn’t die. She
    had Michael’s son and in
    the final episode she and
    Lincoln and the son all
    walked up to MIchael’s
    ………………

34. assefa says:

ya. Sara didn’t die. She
    had Michael’s son and in
    the final episode she and
    Lincoln and the son all
    walked up to MIchael’s

35. MyExBFF says:

another resurrection of a series that already died a natural death? Come on…have we officially run out of original ideas in Hollywood?

36. Michelle Blackhurst says:

OMGGGG I am farrrr to excited about hearing this fabulous news please please make it more than just 10 episodes I was heartbroken when this show ended can’t wait I’m so so happy 😍😍😍😍

37. dar says:

T-bag should be on the frekin show if its made again and again and again prison break wouldnt be prison break with out him

38. Charles says:

all of them should return they’re the heroes

39. damn show, realy gr8.. when the next season??

40. genet says:

I like it

41. kinrre says:

Primer comentario, en español bueno prison break me gusta aguante scofield!!!!!

42. Benji says:

now these would jus b wot i need…..wot!…i just finished my fourth prison break repeat in two years and now to entertain the fact about another season….cant wait!!!

43. Mahmoud says:

best show ever .

44. merve says:

definitely Sarah and t-bag must be back

45. Stephen S. says:

Mahone and Kellerman were always my favorite characters so I would LOVE to see them back. Obviously Sara is too important a character for her to not come back. Sucre, C-Note, Pope and Gretchen would be cool too. Maybe a season 7/8 Kim Bauer type cameo for L.J. just so that we see what’s up with him but don’t involve him in the main story line. Honestly, I don’t really care personally if T-bag is brought back but he is one of the most popular and iconic characters of the show so it’s very likely he will be back.

Abruzzi, Haywire, Tweener, Bellick, Veronica and Westmoreland are all dead and frankly should remain dead. Same with Lincoln’s dad.

46. Jo Melvin says:

I want T bag

47. hop jeneral and don self will also take part in this new prison break..

• Helmut Geofrey says:

Is it true that Michael Scofield died I can’t believe the last episode? Only tears could roll down my cheeks after watching the last episode, unbelievable!!!!!