Revenge Spinoff

Revenge Spinoff Not Impossible, Says ABC Boss: 'It's a Wonderful Brand'

Here’s a conspiracy worthy of the Initiative: Revenge‘s story might not be entirely over just yet. … Maybe.

Though the ABC drama wrapped its four-season run in May, there had long been speculation that it might live on in another form — partially due to the spinoff-worthy nature of Nolan’s ending, but also because of Kingmakers, a drama pilot from Revenge producer Sallie Patrick.

“The idea had been floated that a character or two from Revenge could show up on her show,” Revenge showrunner Sunil Nayar told TVLine in May. “The idea was to build [the two shows] in the same universe.”

Unfortunately, the pilot — which starred Kristin Bauer van Straten (True Blood), Adrian Pasdar (Heroes), Michael Trevino (The Vampire Diaries) and Colin Woodell (The Originals), among others — wasn’t ordered to series for the 2015–2016 season, dashing fans’ hopes for even a partial spinoff.

But at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Tuesday, ABC president Paul Lee addressed the decision not to order Kingmakers — and his answer came with a tiny gift for hopeful Revenge fans.

“We didn’t land that pilot but … it’s a wonderful brand; it’s known around the world. That doesn’t preclude us from doing it again.”

Revenge fans, are you hoping we get to revisit that world someday, or is it time we all move on from the Hamptons? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Revenger says:

We want and need that spin-off!!!!

2. ELL says:

I’m holding my breath.

• David4 says:

Please don’t, you will be dead very soon then.

A spinoff of a poorly rated show? And after the show that might have taken place in the same universe wasn’t picked up. Not good.

Best you could hope for is a limited series show for some filler.

3. BTM says:

It was fun for awhile, but it’s time to move on.

4. Spence says:

Let Revenge die. It got cancelled for a reason: it just wasn’t good anymore.

• Revenger says:

Revenge would have been renewed if it had ended on a cliffhanger. Lee said he watched the finale and realized it had complete closure. Therefore it was cancelled. Get your facts straight

• Emily Thorne says:

No it wouldn’t have. There was a lot going on that fans didn’t know about behind the scenes and a lot of people were ready to go. There was little to no intention of bringing the show back for a fifth season and those involved honestly didn’t really want it back. Enjoy the four seasons you had but please understand that it’s done and gone.

• Carol says:

NOOOOOO! Don’t let Revenge be over! I loved that show! Couldn’t wait for it to air each week!! BRING IT BACK!! Please!

• Virginia Santiago says:

I will like to continue watching more. I disagree with those who said it was not good anymore. For me it is the most wonderful series ever seen

• Amanda Wilson says:

I have no interest in another season of Revenge either. It was great, and I enjoyed it, but it’s done. I want a spin-off with Nolan Ross the star!!!!

• James Six says:

I see what others don’t see. Revenge ended at the end of the forth season. Amanda’s revenge was finally over. But a spin off of Nolan is very possible. I would watch along with many others. Maybe there could be episodes where Amanda(Emily thorne) guest shows. This would be amazing.

• Aciel Zoubi says:

It got canceled because this was never meant to be a long running show. The premise could’ve easily been resolved in like a season.

• Robert says:

Nope the rathings went from low 2s last season to low 1s very fast

• Opinions are like, well, you know. Some of us enjoy the old prime time soap opera. Mindless escapism, much better than another reality show or unfunny sitcom.

• James Six says:

U say it got cancelled, and haven’t did research on it, but I’ve watched all for seasons and in the end Conrad and Victoria are dead. Yeah her father ends up dying but in the beginning he was already dead. Him coming back allowed Amanda to spend the final days making a relationship with him. This would not of happened without Amanda’s revenge

5. Malik says:

I would LOVE for this to happen! It’s going to be so weird not seeing Emily and Nolan every Sunday night at 10 :(

6. Only if they get Kelley back.

7. Whatevah says:

I would so watch a show w/ Nolan as the lead character..get on that ABC! Em could visit! It would be awesome!

8. johnhelvete says:

Paul Lee just gave nearly the exact same answer from TCA back in January and he still did not bring back Revenge for season 5 or pick up Kingmakers. It is not what they say it is what they do when it comes to these TV execs.

9. Laura says:

A spinoff based on Nolan’s character would be awesome. Even better if Emily could pop up as a guest star in and there. I need more of both the characters and the actors.

10. AddieM says:

Let’s have a spinoff with Nolan as lead & Emily as a recurring character..that would be brilliant. It is an amazing brand and Nolan is such an amazing character that he should not have to die along with the demise of Revenge. Or maybe by some miracle he can move to another show.

11. Ronda says:

I would love to have a revenge spin off starring Nolan Ross ( i secretly want him as my bff)

12. N says:

A Nolan show……Please!!!!!!!!!!

13. Madoqua says:

Without Gabriel Mann’s brilliant mind making all things possible with his laptop, and his yankee ingenuity, Emily VanCamp’s character might not have fared so well. If Nolan could do much to help Emily get justice, then who’s to say he wouldn’t be able help other seriously victimized people see justice served.

14. Tammy Cummings says:

YES PLEASE GIVE US A NOLAN SPINOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Candice says:

I want a spinoff.

16. Linda Bennett says:

We need a Revenge spin off, please? I love Nolan Ross and his ex-wife. Can’t remember her name.

17. Abe Froman says:

A brand? It was basically a one season wonder that limped through three more.

18. Megan says:

Come back revenge that was the ONLY TV SHOW I WATCH and loved to death… All the others I lost interest but this one was absolutely amazing

19. timmy says:

we need the spin offffffffffffffffff

20. Pam says:

That show didn’t end soon enough. How can you entertain reprising it in any form? Let it go.

21. DeAnna says:

Yes please!!. It’s amazing and like omg!. Cause you want to know what happens. So please spin off

22. paco says:

Just let “Revenge” Rest In Peace. It had a great run, and stuck around just long enough before people started getting sick of it

23. A3rynSun76 says:

More Nolan!!!! Emily VanCamp needs a new show. She was great in revenge, brothers & sisters, and everwood. What’s next?

24. Would LOVE to see a Revenge spin off – I waited breathlessly each week for the next episode.

25. David says:

Yes, revenge spinoff!!!

26. Dee Potter says:

I miss Nolan, Emily and Jack. Yes, bring them back.

27. Sheila says:

Bring it on!! Please, we need something good to watch. TV is so boring!

28. Rachel R says:

I loved Revenge and the last season ended the story well however I would love to see more of emily thorne hopefully in the near future broke my heart hearing the show was going to be cancelled

29. tammy says:

yes to spin off yes please

30. Meg says:

Yes I would be a fan for that! Curious and excited to see what you come up with.

31. Alex says:

I feel like a Revenge spin-off with Nolan as the main character would be amazing. I think it would do really well if it were an anthology (I think that’s what it’s called?), like American Horror Story where each season focuses on a new revenge story, instead of dragging out the same one for multiple seasons and turning into a disaster like season 2 of Revenge did.

• Aciel Zoubi says:

I agree. I would totally be fine with it as long as they don’t try to stretch out Amanda’s story and leave the ending as it is. Like you said it could work as an analogy series, where each episode focuses on Nolan helping a different victim get their revenge. And of course Amanda and Jack could make a few guest appearances here and there to help Nolan out.

32. T smith says:

We need. A revenge spin off please

33. Chrissy says:

I would LOVE and WATCH a show with Nolan as the main character. Liked the other characters, but Nolan really made the show great. Hope this happens!

34. P. Ficki says:

Bring back REVENGE!! There are still so many stories, and wonderful actors!!

35. virginia says:

I would really like a spinoff with Emily and Nolan in a different area. They work well together. I would like many of those from revenge BUT not all. And not so dark.

36. Marcy says:

YES PLEASE

37. Joy1013 says:

Would make the end of this year amazing for someone who has been bedridden for 6 yrs if they made a spin off with nolan! My husnand and I loved the show and it was one of the things I got to look forward to most in all the pain of my every day existance. He was obsessed too and we never have been that way for a show! I’ve never watched a show from the first series again with my husband that we both loved except revenge! Yes he watches mistresses, devious maids, bachelorette, etc with me:)nothing else compares to revenge to us or anyone we have introduced it to and that is quite a few people. If people knew more about the show or watched it from season 1 I don’t know how they couldn’t like it. We didn’t find it old I’m any way. Thought they made the perfect ending for emily, a little darkness and then her being happy with Jack, but also a cliffhanger with Nolan taking on the new client to help. They left it that way for a reason with hopes to renew it as I read the interview the producers did about a season 5 .
    I hope this happens! Please give your loyal fans a spin off!

38. isabel says:

i want to embark on my own revenge for whomever decided to cancel this amazing show;)
    i love each and every character, i love to hate the Graysons, and yes we all got to see Emily get her happy ending, but i wanted more, yearn for more, I’ll take whatever i can get, even if it’s just Nolan!! give us something, please!

39. Angie says:

I miss the show… Wish it would have never ended!

40. Amanda Wilson says:

I would die for a spinoff with Nolan Ross, (Gabriel Mann) as the star!!! He was the star of Revenge any way….. :) Sorry Ems!

41. Louise says:

We loved Revenge and hate so much to see it end! Loved Nolan, Emiy/Amanda and Jack! The fact that they finally got together was what we had always wanted! We want more Revenge!!!!

42. Debbie says:

Please continue the spinoff of Revenge

43. Ann Arnold says:

Yes we want it. We miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Giacomini says:

The finale episode of Revenge may have concluded this past season, but let’s face it, the show was on life support for the past two seasons. Poorly written scripts with more rabbit holes and lame-ass characters that were more than difficult to understand, and then only stuck around for a couple of episodes, and ultimately added nothing to the plot line. R.I.P. Revenge. Don’t further humiliate yourselves with a spinoff.

45. jaca says:

Yes Yes Yes to a spinoff

46. Dana Micks says:

I think you dropped the ball: You had an amazing opportunity to continue ‘Revenge’; with Charlotte plotting her Revenge against Amanda for all the crapola Amanda did to her family (in spite of the fact they had it coming!). O well!

47. Mike S. says:

I would love to see a Revenge spinoff particularly if Emily returns. Please do it!

48. Shawna says:

There HAS to be a spin off! This show was amazingly written and executed! Its addictive as well as compelling! I dont know how to get word to producers or networks, but there HAS to be more!

49. Nora Ford says:

Yes!!!!! Spinoff please!

50. Teri says:

Yes, a spin off with Nolan