Penny and Leonard

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Arrow, Bates, Sleepy, Castle, Twin Peaks, UnREAL, Gotham, Dome and More

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to

Question: Any intel on whether Penny and Leonard will actually tie the knot on The Big Bang Theory? —Susan
Ausiello: They’ll certainly get close to tying the knot. The CBS smash is currently looking for a male actor in his 50s to play a minister in the Season 9 premiere, which confirms that P&L are still in full-tilt Vegas elopement mode when the action picks up. That syncs with this scoop I snagged from EP Steve Molaro at Comic-Con: “We pick up a few hours after the Season 8 finale,” he revealed. “Leonard and Penny were headed to Vegas, and we’re going to catch up with them right there.”

Question: I just saw Hamilton on Broadway and it was life-changing. But now I’m worried — how is Jonathan Groff going to be able to do eight shows a week and shoot the Looking movie? —David
Ausiello: It’s called an “out clause,” and Groff’s Hamilton contract has one that specifically allows him to flee to San Francisco for several weeks this fall to shoot the Looking wrap-up film.

AAQuestion: Do you have any spoilers for Castle you can share with us about some of the changes we can expect to see this season? —Mariana
Ausiello: Molly Quinn’s newly shorn mane is one step in a much larger, more adult makeover for Alexis in Season 8. (Read: Someone may start having a little sex in the city.)

Question: Any scoop on Madam Secretary season 2? I can’t wait for the show to come back! —Nicki
Ausiello: We’re going to finally meet President Dalton’s (Keith Carradine) other half, First Lady Lydia Dalton, early in the season when the elegant, WASP-y FLOTUS hosts a very tense dinner party at the White House.

Question: Do you have any new information about Arrow Season 4? —Beatriz
Ausiello: There will be life after love for Thea, and it rears its “handsome, charming, witty” head in Episode 5 in the form of Alex, a sharp and polished political consultant who will eventually get Speedy to utter these two very important words: “Roy who?”

AAQuestion: Do you have any intel on Heroes Reborn? —Nicky
Ausiello: You already know that Rookie Blue/Lost Girl actor Clé Bennett has joined the NBC revival in a recurring role. But what I’m fairly certain you don’t know is that his character Harris Prime’s special power involves a certain C-word that is way less filthy than this tease suggests.

Question: What is the status of Mysteries of Laura’s Meg Steedle and Alysia Joy Powell? —Dani
Ausiello: Steedle — who joined the NBC drama midseason as “Frankie” Pulaski — will not be returning as a series regular, while Powell will continue to recur as Alicia the nanny.

Question: Do you have any info as to who will not be returning for Gotham Season 2 as a series regular? (Other than Jada Pinkett-Smith, I assume.) —Alex
Ausiello: Matt Mitovich did some digging around and learned that, as suspected, neither Victoria Cartagena nor Andrew Stewart-Jones (AKA Montoya and Allen) will return as regulars. Meanwhile, though Michael Chiklis is coming on board as GCPD Captain Nathaniel Barnes, Zabryna Guevara, who plays Captain Essen, is still a series regular — and in fact will play a key role this season.

Question: I noticed you uploaded most of the Comic-Con interviews from this year on the site, but Under the Dome is missing. Did you do an interview with the cast and could you please post it? —Fred
Ausiello: Sure, Fred. I’m only in the middle of TCA hell and fall-preview-prep but let me drop everything and get right on that for you.

Question: SleepyHeads are dying for information about Sleepy Hollow Season 3. We are starving over here! —Regina
Ausiello: Feast on this: Season 3 picks up one year later and finds Abbie, having completed her training at Quantico, returning to Sleepy Hollow as a FBI agent. BONUS SCOOP: We will also see the return of Joe Corbin (Zach Appelman), who will team up with Jenny to aid Ichs and Abbs.

AAQuestion: Any more new faces coming to Sleepy Hollow? —Lil
Ausiello: Yeppers. Charlene Amoia — AKA longtime MacLaren’s waitress Wendy from How I Met Your Mother — will turn up in the Oct. 1 premiere as Susan James, a woman weighed down by her secret conspiracy to reveal corruption in her office.

Question: Since David Lynch returned to the Twin Peaks revival, official news been hard to come by. Anything you’ve heard? —Ross
Ausiello: Coop will encounter a fresh crop of quirky locals (in addition to lots of familiar faces) when he returns to Twin Peaks, and Lynch is adopting a rather unorthodox audition process to find these new oddballs. Rumor has it he’s asking prospective new cast members to prepare and perform a lengthy monologue about themselves. Also, he’s specifically looking for interesting, character-y, preferably unknown actors.

Question: Any scoop on if UnREAL creators Marti Noxon and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro can change their minds and bring Freddie Stroma back for Season 2 as Adam? I prefer him with Rachel, rather than Jeremy! —Chris
Ausiello: Actually, they never said he wasn’t coming back. Allow Shapiro to give you the lowdown on what was essentially a huge misunderstanding: “Freddie didn’t know that we were considering bringing him back for Season 2, so he answered in interviews that he wasn’t coming back because we haven’t officially picked up his contract. But I actually called him [and said], ‘Hey, do you mind just leaving it open, because we actually are sort of talking about it. If you’re open to it, we’d like to talk about it.’ So the door’s definitely open for Adam to make an appearance again.” Phew, glad that’s cleared up.

AAQuestion: Apparently Ricky Whittle will be back on Mistresses soon. With both Daniel and Blair in the picture, does that mean Marc stands no chance of winning April’s heart? —Magali
Ausiello: Sounds like a question for EP Rina Mimoun: “The arrival of Daniel will definitely create some chaos in April’s world, but it will also illuminate a few things for her. I wouldn’t count Marc out yet!”

Question: I’ll take a morsel on Season 4 of Bates Motel. —Claire
Ausiello: Well, it just so happens I’ve got a tasty one. EP Kerry Ehrin confirms that Season 4 will pick up “right where we left off” at the end of Season 3, and here’s why: “We left with a lot of cliffhangers — Bradley had just been killed, Norman thinks his mother did it, the actual Norma has no idea where her son is, Emma’s going in for a lung transplant. So there are a lot of threads we [wanted] to pick up immediately.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments and anonymous tips to (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. fatalsin says:

Why isn’t Meg Steedle coming back?

• Jake says:

Probably due to some network decision to ‘revamp’ the show on season 2. I’m kinda sad, I liked her caracter

• BG says:

Why has ABC shutdown all of it’s show’s messageboards? What happened? Will they be back with newer messageboards later? I don’t use twitter or facebook, and loved to post on ABC’s GH and View messageboards. ABC messageboards won’t let you post on them now, and say they will be gone Aug.10

• thisismenow says:

They’re revamping the online user experience. There will still be an online communication method. Trust in them. :)

• eviloverlore says:

Such a shame, I thought the series perked up when she was introduced. I could have watched whole episodes with Frankie, Meredith and Laura alone. It’s the men that are the snooze on “Mysteries”.

2. CAN says:

I’m hoping all this jumping the shark pod crap is just a nightmare and Barbie will wake up soon.

3. LADY_in_MD says:

So Adam could come back in season 2 that could be interesting depending on how Monday’s episode ends
    AA on a Sunday what a nice treat to read with coffee! Thanks Michael 😀

• AddieM says:

I’m trying not to go into crazy ship mode for this show because it has ruined some shows for me in the past..but I’d really love for Adam to come back for season 2 even though I like Jeremy as well.

• LADY_in_MD says:

At first I was on team Jeremy but now i just want Rachel to be on her own I don’t mind her and Quinn starting their own company even if Quinn blackmailed her

4. Angela says:

I’m really interested in the idea of Abbie being an FBI agent, and seeing how that affects her Witness role :). And I’m liking the idea of Joe Corbin and Jenny teaming up, and helping Ichabod and Abbie along the way :D.
    And I like the thinking/reasoning about no time jumps on “Bates Motel”. Yeah. I DEFINITELY want to see how the Bates family and those around them are actively dealing with all the craziness at the end of last season, and see how long it takes for some of those secrets to come out.
    Surprised to see this column being posted on a Sunday, but hey, I ain’t complaining! Thanks for the info!

• Alichat says:

I’m torn on the Abbie in the FBI bit. It will depend on how they flesh it all out. Does it take only a year to complete training in the FBI? With her gone for a year, what was Ichabod doing? Was there no need for Witnesses for a whole year? Why would the FBI send her back to Sleepy Hollow?

• DarkDefender says:

I think the FBI academy takes less than 6 months to complete.

• Angela says:

Hmmm. I hadn’t considered all of that at first this morning, but those are good questions. Particularly the bit about Abbie being sent back to “Sleepy Hollow”. Maybe she gave them some very important reason why she needed to go back and they allowed her to go? Or maybe they’re involved in/being affected by all the shady, supernatural business somehow, too, and want her to return home to figure some stuff out for them :p?
        As for Ichabod, I’m guessing he would’ve probably made himself comfy somewhere (or attempted to, anyway) and kept studying and doing research. And he likely would’ve been mourning the loss of his wife and son, too. But still, yeah, I don’t think he’d be able to handle being alone in town for very long without Abbie’s support and help, so it’ll be interesting to see how they explain that. Maybe he and Abbie stayed in touch somehow while she was away?

5. aph1976 says:

As for The Big Bang Theory i don’t see Leonard and Penny marrying in Las Vegas.I think they’ll stop in time but decide on a date to get married and start planning a wedding.However i do see them getting married sometime this coming season and having them deal with married life.

• JeffDJ says:

If the Vegas plans fall through then, hopefully there’ll be a time jump and Penny’s hair will have grown out a bit. That pixie cut last season was an interesting change, but it was way too short. It doesn’t need to be as long as it was previously; I’d be okay with a cute shoulder-length ‘do.

• John Sheffield (@cubeslave) says:

On Big Bang I bet the Show Runner came into the writers room and said “Were gonna do a time jup to a couple months after Leonard and Penny elope… ” just to see who would scream, who would cry, and who would curl into a little ball.

• tvjunkie says:

No way they’ll do a wedding episode outside of a sweeps month

6. Guy says:

They’ve GOT to bring Adam back in season two. It just had to be done. No ifs, ands, buts, or “thinking ’bout it” about it!

7. annie says:

Abbie as FBI makes the Bones crossover (ugh) make a wee bit more sense.

• David4 says:

Oh god you are right. I just forgot all about that after the stupid idea of making her an FBI agent.

There were no demons for the past year?

• Ruki says:

How is realising a dream of hers ‘stupid?’ Abbie put aside her ambitions to stay in SH to fight the war against evil and be her partner’s guide in the 21st century. She had no progressing storyline in the second half of S1 and throughout S2, so is overdue having something for herself.

It actually makes sense if you recall the conversations she had with Ichabod in 2.10, 2.12 and 2.18. If there’s no evil to face, why wouldn’t she go off and do the thing she’s always wanted when there’s nothing stopping her, or keeping her in town?

• Donna says:

How is it stupid? Because virtually the last thing she said in the S2 finale was about how Grace told her the war had just begun. So knowing this, she decides to leave Sleepy Hollow and “realize her dream?” No. Stupid.
          Let me repeat: SHE IS THE ONE WHO KNEW THERE WAS STILL EVIL TO BE BATTLED! Not Crane, Not Jenny, Not Frank. HER.

• Ruki says:

That’s neither here nor there. It’s been one year since those events transpired and there hasn’t been any evil to battle; so, I repeat: why wouldn’t she train to become a FBI agent? I seriously doubt she left immediately after uttering those words, and probably decided to do so after much soul-searching.

• Simple answer says:

Why wouldn’t she leave Sleepy Hollow to train to be an FBI Agent? Because the evil could return at any second (and as Donna said, she’s the one who was told this), and she wouldn’t be there with the other Witness to battle it.

• Isobel says:

Hm maybe the demonic forces are regrouping after losing Jeremy and Moloch

• kmw says:

Yes Abbie being an FBI agent makes this crossover a little bit better but not much. While I am still willing to give it a shot it just is something neither Sleepy Hollow nor Bones is going to get any benefit from. By the time spring rolls around both shows, barring a miraculous comeback from ratings dip from last season, will see an uptick for a week and that’s it. While I also hope Sleepy Hollow sticks around for more than next season I will not be watching it after that episode and the Sleepy fans who do not like Bones will also not stick around after that as well. FOX is wasting both shows time and episodes that could and should be better spent on the characters both shows viewers want to see, not a crossover that has nothing of real value to give either show. We shall see

• Angela says:

Eh, I can’t speak for others, obviously, but I still plan to stick around even after that crossover episode-and I’ve never seen a single episode of “Bones” before. I’m the sort who sticks with my favorite shows until their series finales air, and “Sleepy Hollow” will be no exception in that regard, no matter what happens next season or how that crossover episode plays out.

• kmw says:

I didn’t mean that Sleepy fans would leave their show only that if you aren’t really a Bones fan I doubt whatever they do will make you stick around for Bones, but then again I could be wrong. Bones did a terrific job of alienating their fans last season by lack of Booth and Brennan together and depending on what they do in first half of season will go a long way to see how this works out. for Bones. I truly hope this works out for Sleepy Hollow as well, but my real issue with this crossover is WHEN it is happening. Spring time will not boost either one for long, especially if both shows have lost more of their viewers by then( which I hope both do not) I just think this crossover is a cheap stunt that will not benefit either show

8. Axel says:

Alexis having sex ? Yeah that’s totally why I watch Castle …

• Just one thing says:

I’m so glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read this.

• Paul says:

Wasn’t she doing that when she lived with Pi?

• John Sheffield (@cubeslave) says:

She was having sex with grossboy before she woke up and realized how gross he was.

Like when Castle and Becket ran into her wearing that memorable feathered top in the comic con episode, I am sure there is another side to her when she isn’t being daddy’s little girl. Learning more about that would help flesh things out and give the show texture.

So far they have kept from doing the regular “the stars are together and we can’t write anything good unless there is romantic tension” bit. I am sure every little bit helps.

9. Missy says:

I’ve always wanted a funny little scene of her admitting she was having sex and Rick just flipping out about his little girl being all grown up

10. Matt says:

Lol Alexis gonna get more action then Beckett this season

11. Drew says:

I would be perfect as a Twin Peaks character! Wait, maybe that isn’t a good thing…

12. Tom says:

I don’t care about Alexis and even less about her sex life but if it’s done correctly why not … But she leaved with her boyfriend Pi for months during S6 and didn’t have sex ?
    Anyway as long as it’s doesn’t take too much screentime, doesn’t make Alexis act like a spoiled brat, is related to Castle and Beckett, and doesn’t just serve to make Castle reacting like an idiot or a mentally retarded person, it could be fine ;)

• Just one thing says:

Some of my favorite scenes with Castle in an otherwise weak Season 6 included him having nothing but disdain for Pi and arguing with an annoyingly bratty Alexis. When Castle is a serious dad, he’s alright in my book.

• Tom says:

Castle felt too much like a doormat and Alexis was way too unlikeable in these episodes for me to like them, I would have loved to see him being a lot more firm (not letting her compare his relationship with Pi with his relationship with Beckett for example), not let her treat him like crap like she did.
        They will probably make him freak out, then have Beckett talk to him (if they’re still together of course …) and end up with a scene between him and Alexis where he says she’s a grown up now but still his little girl blablabla. I don’t like Alexis but I wasn’t too bothered by her last season so let’s see.

• c-mo says:

Apparently none of you have kids Alexis’ age or remember how you treated your parents when you were her age…she was a little more bratty than normal kids but her character was pretty spot on for a young adult. I’m not saying that I would allow my kids to talk to me like that but her actions were normal.

• Just one thing says:

Just because people didn’t like how Alexis was written or portrayed a couple years ago doesn’t mean we either a) don’t have kids or b) forget our youth. It could just simply mean we didn’t buy how it all went down.
            Without writing an essay, I’ll just say that the attempt to create tension and make Alexis relevant that season went flat as they only visited that subplot when it was mildly convenient – if that – and it brought up a lot of unanswered questions, the biggest ones for me surrounding Alexis’ snide disregard for Castle and Beckett’s relationship. They never addressed that outright, relied too heavily on subtext (and a seen-but-not-heard heart to heart) and it just ended up being an awkward storyline tangent that was never truly resolved.
            I saw a rerun last week when Alexis was moving out, and her final words to Castle were something along the lines of, “Who’d you always say is the smart one in the family?”
            No. Just no.

• lkh says:

It’s never a good idea to be a friend/buddy with your kid. And don’t tell them they are smarter or have better judgement than you do especially when you actually do seem to have poor judgement.

• Just one thing says:

That was always my problem with her throwing that in his face, though: Castle may not be spectacular at adult romantic relationships or marriage, but he’s a pretty great dad.

• lkh says:

He is an attentive dad.

• lkh says:

but, maybe not a role model…

• DarkDefender says:

(lkh) Touché

• Jeri says:

The sex was not alluded to on camera. They’ll probably admit she is a normal young woman in every way “now a days” just to make it clear to those that want to know about it.

13. Annie says:

No, I don’t want Ricky Whittle back on Mistresses! That just takes him away from the 100

14. Amanda says:

Adam being on UnREAL is a must. The Adam/Rachel relationship is one of the best things about this great show. Jeremy is just dullsville.

15. Pat Goss says:

Who will take Jennifer love Hewitt place
    On Criminal Minds?

16. “Coop will encounter a fresh crop of quirky locals (in addition to lots of familiar faces) when he returns to Twin Peaks,” So, you pretty much just gave away that the real Coop will escape the Black Lodge…

17. Maria says:

Okay I get that Alexis is grown up now (she should be a college senior if they’re sticking to a realistic timetable) but I really don’t want to see/think about/hear about her sex life. She lived with that idiot Pi for a while so I think it’s safe to say she’s btdt. Either way, not exactly compelling television. Molly Quinn’s new haircut is cute, though.

• c-mo says:

I think the difference is is that she’s now doing the sex thing at the Castle loft and not in her own apartment. And I totally agree with you on the hair, it’s darling!

18. Axel says:

So Castle spoilers for next season until now : Castle’s disappearance/Al qaeda storyline is coming back, he and Beckett might break up, a new girl spends a lot of time with Castle and Alexis is having sex. Let’s be honest here, we’ll deserve a medal for being there for 8×01.

• Matt says:

Lol season 8 of castle is gonna be the best yet

• c-mo says:

Not sure if you’re kidding or not Matt but I’m more excited about S8 than I was S7. Some of my favorite episodes have been written by TPW and Alexi and Ithink they both have a great handle on the Castle and Beckett characters without sacrificing Caskett.

19. Babygate says:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Quinn become a Nancy Drew type. No Frankie in Mysteries of Laura? Don’t like it. She was a nice addition to the show. I hope we get to see more of Jenny in Sleepy Hollow.

20. Michelle says:

Did Michael ever reveal who the difficult leading lady was? I forgot all about it with network shows going on hiatus.

21. tallsy says:

I hope Adam comes back in S2. Rachel/Adam is one of the major reasons I watch the show.

22. Ruki says:

Amazing news about Abbie, and Joe Corbin helping Team Witness (hope the writers make it a permanent gig)! I’m so happy that she achieved her goal of going to Quantico… I’m sure Sheriff Corbin would be so proud. I’m hopeful that this news means she’ll have more of a storyline in S3, which she didn’t have in S2 as her character development stagnated in relation to her arc.

23. HAP says:

Come October, Molly Quinn will turn 22! A little sex would not seem inappropriate.

• Maria says:

Yea it’s age-appropriate, but what is it really going to add to the show? Like viewers are going to say “Ooh I gotta set my DVR for some of that!!!”

• Matt says:

Lol ya most only care about castle and becket

• lkh says:

Well, this could be the condom/STD discussion episode.

• ndixit says:

Castle and Beckett aren’t the only characters on the show. For a show that is seven seasons old, the supporting characters are pretty underdeveloped and get maybe a token ep per season. Whenever there is any news about some of the supporting characters, the fans on this board seem to start beating up on the show.

• Court says:

Alexis would be having sex long before she turns 22. Age has nothing to do with it. Two people have sex because they want to not because it’s expected. I’m totally uninterested in Alexis sex life.

24. Madsen says:

When does Season 2 of The Leftovers come back? I’ve been waiting for so long! Please and thank you.

25. Fred says:

Thanks for the Under the Dome video!

26. BrittBrat says:

I actually like April and Daniel together. I can’t stand Blair and could do without Marco on Mistresses!

27. Jared says:

UnReal is so good. Happy to see the possibility of Freddie Stroma returning in S2.

28. Donna says:

Is there anything more lazy in the world of writing a TV show than the TIME JUMP?
    No there is not.
    Ugh, Sleepy Hollow. Ugh. You left your characters in amazing places in the S2 finale. What a lot of fans were MOST excited about was seeing how Ichabod and Abbie coped with what had happened to them, and how that changed/colored/influenced their characters. This stinks. You put the characters there, writers. Deal with it. So disappointed in this news.

29. DarkDefender says:

Let’s see Lexis go to med school and wind up at Grey+Sloan. Think of the cross over possibilities!

• DarkDefender says:

Meant Alexis (autocorrect fail). Castle/Grey’s crossover would be fun.. And I could totally see the Alexis Castle character as an intern at GSMH.

30. Ram510 says:

When will Ricky be back on Mistresses?
    And April DOES NOT need to be with Marc AT ALL!!!! Id prefer Marc with Joss

31. Gwen says:

I know you and Matt are in the middle of the TCA stuff, so I just want to thank you for this “special weekend edition” of AA!

32. Wow. I would not like to be ‘Fred’ right now… ;)

33. tsevca says: