Giuliana Rancic Exiting E! News Anchor Chair, Keeping Red Carpet Gig

Giuliana Rancic will have one less ball to juggle at E!

The network announced last night that beginning August 10, Rancic will be “officially transitioning out of her day-to-day role” on E! News.

She will, however, maintain her positions as co-host of the network’s Fashion Police and Live From The Red Carpet franchises.

“For more than a decade, I was fortunate enough to play a role in the success of E! News and will miss my family at the show,” Rancic said, in a release. “At the same time, I am excited to not only continue as host of two major franchises on E!, but also executive-produce the aspirational new show Rich in Faith for Oxygen as well as take my wine and clothing lines to the next level.”

In February, Rancic found herself at the center of a media imbroglio after making a “joke” on Fashion Police about actress Zendaya’s dreadlocks, one that insinuated the K.C. Undercover star’s hair smelled like marijuana. Zendaya, feeling that the joke also had racist connotations, posted an open letter on her Instagram account, urging anyone with such comments to “contemplate a little before opening your mouth” in the future.

While Rancic quickly apologized for her remarks, she later blamed the situation on editing. In the aftermath, her co-hosts Kelly Osbourne and Kathy Griffin both departed the program, with Melissa Rivers — daughter of the late Fashion Police pioneer Joan Rivers — announcing in June that she’d join Rancic and Brad Goreski as a third co-host.

Will you miss Rancic on E! News? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I have a feeling that Catt Sadler should be the perfect replacement for Giuliana Rancic on E! News.

2. Sarah T says:

I wonder if they’re going to have Cat be the main anchor now that GR is leaving. This should be interesting. I like GR but she doesn’t make or break the show for me. It doesn’t seem like we’ve seen much of Terrence Jenkins lately so I wonder if he’s out too?

3. carole counce says:

She will not b missed

4. Eric says:

E! will make Maria Menounos the new host. That’s why they brought her on last year…

5. Simon says:

I’d rather have her off the red carpet. She’s terrible on that.

6. AngelWasHere says:

My reaction: *shrugs* But I’m surprise she’s leaving. Fashion Police is such a sinking ship. I can’t see it lasting and they really won’t be any point to her being on the red carpet if it gets cancelled.

7. matty says:

Unfortunate, but not surprising…. They really should just give Jason Kennedy full control of the show.

8. ChrisGa says:

Actually, I kinda suspected this was gonna happen once the whole Zendaya mess got blown out of proportion; I’m surprised it took this long(contrary to some reports, I’m sure it wasn’t completely of her own volition). And I’ll go as far as to predict that a year from now she’ll no longer be with E! period(I suspect Fashion Police will end up bombing–again–and they’ll probably just phase her off red carpet duties). Shame, I always thought her, Joan, Kelly and George had great chemistry on FP.

9. Penn says:

Yes! I love her! I think the show will suffer without her!

10. nunya says:

I use to watch her ..but shes soooo skinny sickly anymore ..I cant stand to see Her! !!!