Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnREAL Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Penny Dreadful, UnReal, Scream and Suits!

1 | Does Defiance now change its show logo, at least until the arch is repaired? Also, where do we get the NeedWant’s apparently winning pancake recipe?!

2 | Are people seriously trying to apply logic to Teen Beach 2, which is about kids who are transported in and out of a movie musical?

3 | Did Lifetime’s Perfect High inform us that, among heroin’s other side effects, it makes your hair piecey, even borderline dreadlocks?

The Last Ship4 | What do we think, are Eric Dane’s Last Ship camo shirts a touch too tailored?

5 | Is there any more entertaining/formi- dable/dynamic acting duo on TV at the moment than Penny Dreadful‘s Eva Green and Helen McCrory? Wasn’t the Creature’s imprisonment made approximately 100 times worse by the fact that it was “sweet,” blind Lavinia who betrayed him? And against all odds, aren’t you hoping Sembene will pull through after Werewolf-Ethan attacked him?

Falling Skies7 | Who else caught this freeze-frame of Falling Skies’ “true” Rebecca?

8 | How relieved were you to realize that, so long as her original body wasn’t destroyed, Salem’s Countess Marburg couldn’t be dead dead?

9 | What would American Odyssey’s Odelle have done if the Times reporter had been, say, a tall black man?

10 | Does Food Network Star‘s Dom know that he’ll have to be in front of the camera constantly if he wins?

UnReal Rachel/Adam11 | Are you ‘shipping UnReal‘s Adam and Rachel? (Should one be shipping them?) And wasn’t Rachel and Jeremy’s hook-up kind of out of nowhere?

12 | Hey, Minority Report: In what world do Nick Zano and Stark Sands look like twins, even of the fraternal sort? (Don’t say, “the future.”)

13 | What was your favorite LOL-worthy moment from the Zoo premiere? Gotta be the tree full of mewing cats, yes?

14 | Would you even care if Scream offed, like, 90 percent of its one-dimensional characters?

15 | Don’t you kind of wish Inside Amy Schumer‘s Listen Alert service was real?

Proof Jennifer Beals16 | When we talk about actors who are aging very, very well, Proof’s stunning Jennifer Beals has to be near the top of that list, yes?

17 | Is Tyrant’s Barry (theoretically) speaking the local language fluent enough to pass himself off as an Abbudinian soldier? Or is everyone in that family actually standing around conversing in English? (Hey, at least The Americans gives us a sense of when people are floating in and out of Russian.)

18 | Has guest cohost Ellie Kemper made Today outright tolerable?

19 | When you have raked in as much money as Suits’ Harvey must have over the years, does a pay cut really matter?Wayward Pines

20 | Are we to believe that a volunteer milliner inside the Wayward Pines mountain fashioned this fetch hat for Kate? Or was she wearing it when she got into her own car crash (or whatever)?

21 | Help settle this Complications debate: Which is most deserving of its own Twitter handle — Jason O’Mara’s abs or Beth Riesgraf’s bare bottom?

22 | Mistresses‘ Karen/Alec/Vivian three-way foreplay: Hot or not? And is there any chance Calista’s hubby isn’t a total cheating rat-fink?

23 | Can we not act like people driving by (and we heard people driving by) Gracelandwouldn’t immediately do something about two guys dangling a third over a bridge, in broad daylight? (Yes, looking at you, Graceland.)

24 | Was Hannibal’s Inspector Pazzi trying to get himself killed visiting Dr. Lecter alone at night with zero backup? And be honest: Have you started fast-forwarding Will’s stream-of-psychobabble conversations?

1. johnhelvete says:

19) The great Patrick Ewing on money “Sure NBA players make a lot of money, but we spend a lot too.”,which could apply to Harvey.

2. Dude says:

11. Totally shipping Adam/Rachel in that, “they’re so bad for each other and their relationship would be a hot mess” sort of way.

3. amysue4772 says:

23) By Do something do you mean call the cops while driving as far away as I could as quickly as humanly possible?

4. Imzadi says:

16) I’m always shocked when I see Jennifer Beals, because everytime I think that can’t be her, because she must be over 50. She did Flash Dance in the early 80’s. It can’t simply be her. But it is, and she looks amazing.

5. Guy says:

11. I want them to hookup like DANG already!!!!

6. bj says:

Definitely!

Another definitely. She is LOOKING GOOD!

They’d probably speed up and hopefully call the police. No one in their right mind would stop. ( Not even a Canadian tourist, although we might yell, “Please don’t drop him” out the window. PMSL)

7. Sarah_ says:

11. I kinda want them to hookup like yesterday agoo!! But it seems she’s still hang over Jeremy who doesn’t do anything and his annoying and not a very interesting character.

• Cas says:

I like Jeremy and her together!! Dislike Adam with her because he is a slime ball.

• LADY_in_MD says:

Thank you Cas I agree I figured since at the end of the episode Rachel was watching the video she made for Jeremy while umm you know that means she wants him back And sees Adam for who he really is I don’t like her with Adam at all

8. Mr. Tran K says:

4. not sure if Eric Dane’s camo shirts were “tailor made”.

9. Ian says:

1) Im living for the Omec! If Kinzi isn’t back for the next episode, Defiance is going to lose my patience. They already pissed me off by killing Pottinger. James Murray is too sexy not to get upgraded to series regular status, but then this show also killed off Gale Harold, so. (Paging Mr. Robot: hire Gale for a role so I can have a QaF Britin reunion, please)
    5) Penny Dreadful has just gotten dreadful, unfortunately. Mere episodes ago, it was still pure genius, but the story choices have gotten wasteful, repetitive, silly, and sensational.
    11) Rachel needs a 3rd option. I can’t ship her with Adam OR Jeremy.
    12) BWAHAHAHAHA! Minority Report is just a mess waiting to air with this twin thing now!
    17) The real question is: is Tyrant still even interesting? It’s gotten so soap opera-y. The first season was incredible, but it’s lost its grippiness.
    22) Mistresses is dead to me.

10. Regina says:

“Are we to believe that a volunteer milliner inside the Wayward Pines mountain fashioned this fetch hat for Kate?” — Stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s not going to happen!

11. Angela says:

#23: Speaking in a general sense, YES, I’ve always wondered about that, too, whenever I’ve seen stuff with people hanging off bridges! Even if a car doesn’t actively stop I would think SOMEBODY would notice and call the police or something, if for no other reason than the fear that person would fall onto the road and possibly cause a nasty car accident or multi-car collision or something.

12. webly3 says:

6) I don’t even remember much. I remember waking up and seeing the sh*tty detective shot.

13. lila fowler says:

6. I don’t even know character names at this point. I refer to them by the actors’ names. The show is very boring and cliche.

• Kvivik says:

I knew it would be b&c as soon as they announced the actors and plot for this season. I haven’t even tried to watch it.
      I’ll watch reruns of season 1 thanks.

• Jeri says:

TD I’ve been trying to get into it, good actors, but awfully hard to stay awake. Hard to care about any of them.

• Alienate says:

I knew after ep#1 that I didn’t care to watch eps #2 thru whatever. Thanks for confirming my decision. I couldn’t find a single likable character.

14. Bwhit says:

19) I don’t think he needs it but because of his ego, he wouldn’t want to be paid less than anyone else at the firm.
    23) Yes that was ridiculous but am I the only one who likes Ari? Sure he’s crazy but he is also hilarious and injects some levity into those heavy storylines.

15. GeoDiva says:

16: Even my husband made a comment that Jennifer Beals must have made a deal with the devil. She looks amazing considering Flashdance was like 35 years ago!

16. One question about True Detective, isn’t the show always slow paced? I tried watching the first season and couldn’t pass episode 2. And yes I don’t care if they kill all the characters in Scream, but at the end of the episode as they started to show that they had secrets I kind of got interested in them

17. texmike says:

#13 I didn’t find it funny. I found it very creepy. I’m liking the show so far.

18. Sally says:

23. That’s the least of the WTF? questions about the start of this season of Graceland. Bigger ones. Like:
    Paige gets Mike killed (dead for 6 minutes) and it’s fine cuz “we all make mistakes”?!!?
    WTF?
    Mike is now a drug addict AND is going to be some sort of religious zealot? One tired near-death-experience trope wasn’t enough, we need two?
    WTF!
    And how about that stupid “Mike is high” special effects eyes shot they use. Actually seeing him take the drugs isn’t enough for us to get the message?
    WTF!
    Why does every show like this inevitably have a storyline where a character becomes a raving idiot for love (Johnny)? Booooring.
    WTF?
    I could go on. Two eps in, disappointing season so far.

• tallsy says:

I’m genuine surprised there wasn’t a change in showrunners.

• bj says:

Don’t forget the old inevitable corrupt boss story line. (Briggs) because these undercover guys just can’t trust anyone even the guys they’re working for. Obviously one corrupt cop (Giovinazzo) isn’t enough.

WTF

And, of course the pregnant girlfriend because what guy who’s sleeping with a multitude of women in his undercover capacity wouldn’t come back and have unsafe sex with his girlfriend? And what woman wouldn’t be fine with that? ( A once a month pill is probably standard issue in her line of work!)
      WTF!

• Sally says:

Excellent additions. I thought this show was about the challenges of being an undercover agent. That’s what it started out as. But no, turns out it’s just another soap opera–and not a very GOOD one at that. So disappointing.
        Graceland, I’m officially breaking up with you.

19. dj says:

True Detective is a snooze..boring storyline

20. Byron says:

5 | Is there any more entertaining/formidable/dynamic acting duo on TV at the moment than Penny Dreadful‘s Eva Green and Helen McCrory?
    Uh, yeah, Eva and Josh – they’re awesome together!
    I did not think sudden hatred of a character was possible at this extreme…until now.
    At the very least, can he not become a werewolf himself? Please?!? I love Sembene almost as much as I love Dembe.

11 | Are you ‘shipping UnReal‘s Adam and Rachel?
    They had just better NOT, gosh darn it!

Sorry, just have to wipe drool AND catch my breath…YES!!! Great performer as well.

I think he actually is, no? It wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility with his background, right…?

17a | Sidebar, re: Tyrant – How about Moran Atias for Performer of the Week consideration? She was amazing in that episode, I thought.

21. Meh says:

11. Isn’t everyone shipping them??

22. robandco says:

11. Of course I ship them. The dude is so hot I’d ship anything that could lead him to be shirtless on screen. Plus they are cute, like two completely bad and toxic people.

22. Man, that scene was hot. When Karen tried to leave I was like “damn, somebody catch her arm”. But I expected the doctor to catch her, not the wife though. I hope next episode picks up just there, because this is gonna be crazy.

23. rainey13 says:

“6 | What was the last thing you remember from True Detective‘s glacially-paced, snooze-inducing second episode before you nodded off?” The last thing I remember is nodding off in Ep 1, and when I woke up, I decided the show wasn’t worth any more of my time this season.

24. Laura says:

I am shipping Adam and Rachel! But also Jeremy and Rachel, because more is better.

25. Mark says:

2. Even fantasy that is well done has its own logic. Yes, even something on The Disney Channel.

26. Ems says:

As much as I like Lucy Lawless and her character, I hope she doesn’t come back otherwise her ‘stab-by death’ wouldn’t be satisfactory. Would love to see Sebastian again though.

27. Teri says:

Mistresses is teetering the fine line for me watching and not watching. Getting ridiculous and I dislike the Karen character immensely. I am close to not watching.

28. ToyCannon says:

Nothing about Nurse Jackie’s “fate”?

29. Lauren says:

11. Yeah I’m definitely here for Rachel x Adam. They have insane chemistry.
    19. I found it hard to have even one iota of sympathy for Harvey, considering he probably makes about fifty times as much as me.

• Lauren says:

I just googled how much he earns…and it’s more like 150 times as much as me, so yeah. Suck it Harvey.

30. Kyckastra says:

5.) No, yes and yes, very much so!!

31. Liz says:

I feel like it’s time to take the ‘ off “shipping”.

32. FreeRyde says:

“Will’s stream-of-psychobabble conversations”
    Hannibal does it too!
    “fast-forwarding”? I turned it off after the second episode!

33. FreeRyde says:

Suits is dwelling too much on all the childish Donna nonsense.

34. evababy says:

#12 – Given that there are cases where fraternal twins from an interracial marriage have come out looking like different races, this is not a stretch. Since fraternal twins are two separate eggs fertilized by separate sperm one could come out looking more like the mom and the other could come out looking more like the dad — just the way any other siblings would.

35. Mike says:

#6) I think I’m done with this season, because I chose to turn it off and watch a movie instead 15 minutes into the episode. I wasn’t even tired. Just found myself staring at the wall over the television. I can’t even explain how bored and uninterested I was.

The writing has been awful. After just 75 minutes, I can’t take it anymore.

36. shutuprob says:

4. The Last Ship and Chandler’s Tailored Camo Shirts — I dunno. My impression is that Petraeus and other high-ranking military officers IRL wore tailored Camos reflective of their own branch of the service in photo ops, so I’m thinking that this is SOP for commanders. And IMO, deservedly so. (PS: I’m a liberal, not a pacifist.)
    7. Falling Skies — Caught the freeze-framed alien. The many-legged silhouette of the alien looks quite similar to a Skitter, so I think that that alien is a real Skitter — ie: a Skitter’s true form, before the Espheni mutated them the same why that they’re mutating humans now. This in turn strongly suggests to me that the Real Skitters are going to join the Earth-Volm Alliance and thus, be key in defeating the remain Espheni force on Earth and perhaps even the rest of the planets they’d previously conquered. (But not before Cochise’s dad tries to take advantage of the turning tide to attempt to conquer Earth before being thwarted by Cochise, who will be backed by the Volm majority)
    21. Complications — Which is more deserving of a twitter handle? Neither. The real answer is Jessica Szohr’s underboobs from the pilot. Either that or her tattoos. Or her whiskey alto voice.
    23. Graceland and the Unfortunate Chester Cheetos — People did start getting out of their cars. It’s a bridge, you don’t park on bridges because there’s no room for ’em, you park at the side of the road *once you get off the bridge.* Also, that mob guy is a psychopath — you don’t really want to start getting anywhere near him until he starts to leave because he’s liable to have a gun on him. IMO, this one wasn’t even remotely valid a nit to pick.

37. Sheldon W. says:

20. Fetch is never going to happen. Get over it.

38. Maryann says:

There was not a single interesting or intelligent question in this list.

39. L says:

MAJORLY SHIPPING UNREAL ADAM AND RACHEL !!! So much hott sexual tension between them. And the Jeremy thing was extremely out of nowhere.

40. co2bl says:

I kind of want to see Rachel and Adam together just to see a) how they try and hide it and b) the fireworks that will ensure once people find out about them.

I’m unsure which guy I’d prefer to see her with overall though. Part of me would also like to see her try again with Jeremy just so she’ll get over him.

41. KevyB says:

Jason O’Mara is on ANOTHER show? The true Q is: “Why does this keep happening???”

42. CMarie says:

6) I really did fall asleep! Twice! I have to try and watch it for a third time before finally getting to episode 3.

11) YES! And probably no, we shouldn’t be but they have more chemistry than anyone else on that show. Especially more than Jeremy and Rachel. That make out sesh was unnecessary but probably will lead to her losing her mind again.

43. When you have raked in as much money as Suits’ Harvey must have over the years, does a pay cut really matter? Have you seen the average cost to rent an apartment in NYC?