TVLine Items: Luke's GH Exit Date, New Bad Seed, Chasing Life Moves and More

Anthony Geary General Hospital

Luke Spencer has less than a month left in Port Charles.

After 37 years on General Hospital, Anthony Geary‘s final episode will air Monday, July 27, The Associated Press reports.

“I’m just weary of the grind and have been for 20 years,” the eight-time Daytime Emmy winner said in May after announcing his exit. “I really don’t want to die, collapsing in a heap, on that GH set one day. That wouldn’t be too poetic.”

Geary’s departure has allowed for a few key GH reunions, including returns from Genie Francis as Laura, Jonathan Jackson as Lucky, Emma Samms as Holly and Nathan Parsons as Ethan.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Chasing Life‘s Season 2 premiere has been moved up one hour, now airing Monday, July 6, at 9/8c. Becoming Us will then begin airing at 10 pm.

* As the World Turns vet Billy Magnussen will star in Snowfall, FX’s drama pilot about the beginnings of the crack cocaine epidemic in 1981 Los Angeles. Per Deadline, Magnussen will play Logan Miller, a prominent family’s “black sheep” son who is desperate to escape his father’s shadow.

* Conan‘s upcoming Comic-Con episodes, which will be filmed at San Diego’s Spreckels Theatre, will feature the casts of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 (on July 9), Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead (July 10) and a special surprise film cast (July 11) that will be revealed during Comic-Con.

* Lifetime is developing a remake of the 1956 thriller The Bad Seed, per The Hollywood Reporter. Based on William March’s 1954 novel (which was also adapted into a play and a 1985 TV movie), the drama centers on a housewife who realizes her young daughter is a murderous sociopath.

1. “a special surprise film cast (July 11) that will be revealed during Comic-Con.” Justice League.

2. Tony Lang says:

Bad Seed was also made into a feature film in 1956.

• herman1959 says:

We already know; the article states that “Lifetime is developing a remake of the 1956 thriller The Bad Seed”!

3. possible alternate title for the bad seed; Keeping up with the Kardashians: the early years

4. Ever since Jason was shot and they replaced him i have totally given up on GH. I heard that he was comming back so i waited. And as usual it was a replacement. Although he is good looking and a great actor i he is not “Jason.” There storyline of him having a new face just never done it for me and the replacement of so many key characters. I’m sorry but i only watch it once in a while now and that is only when i have nothing else to watch.

5. Mr. Tran K says:

Longtime GH fans are going to be sad to watch Luke Spencer walk off into the sunset come July 27th.

6. Chloe says:

Tony Geary has not been on GH for 37 years. Yes, he started on the show 37 years ago, but he was gone for at least 10 years. He came back around ’93 or so and he’s been there ever since. So if he’s been tired of the show for 20 years, then essentially he’s been tired of it almost since he returned. His disdain has been palpable for a while now, so I will not miss him. He’s a legend and I respect him for it, but I no longer find Luke Spencer entertaining. I wish Mr. Geary much happiness in Amsterdam.

• graze says:

Agreed

• dan says:

Agree! I read an article the other day saying he was gone from GH for eight years. I didn’t realize he was 68 years old (I would’ve guessed early to mid-60s). Good luck Tony. I haven’t watched GH since college so I won’t miss Luke, but I do wish you a fulfilling and healthy retirement.

7. tallee says:

I wish Eric Braeden would take his queue from Geary. Victor is a repetitive jack wagon who needs to go.

8. Bobby says:

Tony Geary, you’re one of the best actors to ever grace any screen. Hope your retirement is everything you wish it to be. Thanks for the memories.

9. marJan 53 says:

Not better just different lighter more playful he has a twinkle in his eye and laughs a lot more