Fall TV Preview

NBC Fall Premiere Dates for Heroes Reborn, Earlier Chicago Fire, NPH's Variety Show and Others

Heroes Reborn

NBC is the latest network — following CBS and ABC — to unveil its fall premiere-date game plan, and, following Sunday Night Football’s kickoff, NPH will lead the charge.

The multi-talented multi-hyphenate’s variety show, Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris, will make its bow on Tuesday, Sept. 15 at 10/9c (before moving to its regular 8 o’clock slot two weeks later).

Other moves of note from the Peacock: Chicago Med won’t premiere until early November, possibly due to its last-minute swap with the Melissa George-fronted Heartbreaker; Chicago Fire returns earlier than expected, in mid-October; Undateable‘s all-live season will open with an hour-long outing; and the stalwart SVU gets a two-hour premiere.

Thursday, Sept. 10
8:30 pm Sunday Night Football (Pittsburgh at New England)

Tuesday, Sept. 15
8 pm America’s Got Talent season finale (two hours)
10 pm BEST TIME EVER WITH NEIL PATRICK HARRIS

Monday, Sept. 21
8 pm The Voice
10-11 BLINDSPOT

Tuesday, Sept. 22
8 pm The Voice (two hours)

Wednesday, Sept. 23
8 pm The Mysteries of Laura
9 pm Law & Order: SVU (two-hour premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 24
8 pm HEROES REBORN
9 pm The Blacklist
10 pm THE PLAYER

Tuesday, Sept. 29
8 pm Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris (regular time slot premiere)
9 pm The Voice (two hours)

Wednesday, Sept. 30
10 pm Chicago P.D.

Friday, Oct. 9
8 pm Undateable (one hour)

Tuesday, Oct. 13
9 pm The Voice
10 pm Chicago Fire

Friday, Oct. 16
8:30 pm PEOPLE ARE TALKING

Friday, Oct 30
9 pm Grimm

Tuesday, Nov. 10
8 pm The Voice (two hours)
10 pm CHICAGO MED

Tuesday, Nov. 17
8 pm The Voice
9 pm CHICAGO MED
10 pm Chicago Fire

On tap for midseason or later: The Night Shift, new dramas Emerald City, Game of Silence and Shades of Blue, new comedies Crowded, Superstore and You, Me and the End of the World, and returning reality series America Ninja Warrior, America’s Got Talent, The Biggest Loser, Celebrity Apprentice, Food Fighters, Hollywood Game Night, Last Comic Standing and Running Wild With Bear Grylls.

1. alistaircrane says:

Damn. The only NBC show I’ll be watching this fall is Days of Our Lives! lol

2. Cassie says:

Very happy to see that Chicago Fire’s premiere has been moved up. I’m still curious if they will finish Casey’s storyline on PD since it starts earlier.

• Rachel says:

I agree I’m happy they moved it up too. I personally hope they don’t just move the Casey storyline to PD.

• Bwhit says:

I’m thinking they won’t now which makes it better in my opinion. I was all for them explaining it on PD when they weren’t going to be on until November but now they should leave it on Fire. I’m thrilled they moved it up though!

3. NBC better show up this fall with a bunch of winners. if the only REAL SHOWS(that means not a Reality show or Football) in the top 50 are again The Blacklist, Chicago PD and Fire, and Law & Order SVU, then there better be a lot of people on their way out the door.

4. Et al says:

I’m excited for NBC’s fall lineup, said no one ever.

5. Hm. Saturday Night Live?

6. SAM says:

Considering how much “Heroes” deteriorated after the first season, “Heroes Reborn” is going to have to get many positive reviews before I check it out.

• Imzadi says:

I stopped watching somwhere around season 2. I think when Sylar killed Kristen Bells character. Not because it was Kristen Bell, but because I couldn’t take anymore. So I’m not sure if i will watch Heroes reborn. Just like Prison Break Heroes started great and went downhill.

P.S. @tvline: Frakkin’ love your note before posting :)

7. Noel Gourlay says:

Nothing here I’ll ever watch.

8. Gerri says:

Heroes Reborn and Blindspot and Chicago PD and Fire. Not sure about Med.
    Best Time Ever might be okay, but probably not must see TV.
    That is all.

9. Lysh says:

I always happen to see that aurora borealis Heroes commercial right after the fourth hour of the Today Show. Never in the evening. I think it’s the only NBC show I’m looking forward to.

• Tai says:

Same here. I was on the fence until they announced Zachary Levi was in the cast. After that, I was sold. Now I’m actually looking forward to it.

10. So am guessing Chicago Med will be on while Chicago Fire is on hiatus or on Nov. 10th is Chicago Fire moving to a different time slot?

11. Temperance says:

I still have a hard time believing that they are bringing Heroes back. BUt I’m not complaining – it was a great premise and it had great worldbullding, but the plots just went awry. With better writing, they’ll have a real shot.

12. Mr. Tran K says:

Very competitive Thursday starting September 24th. Hope NBC is going to topped ABC’s TGIT. Blindspot and The Player are two breakout hits I’m really excited about. Great to see two actors from Strike Back getting their respective series in Sullivan Stapleton (Blindspot) and Philip Winchester (The Player).

13. herman1959 says:

It looks like the only thing I’ll be watching on NBC is Blindspot. Although, if the writers end up taking us on a long ride like they did with The Blacklist, I’m out. I’m hoping Greg Berlanti knows better.

14. Mary S says:

OK. I’ll be watching The Blacklist (awesome show!), Mysteries of Laura, Law and Order SVU and Grimm. Big step down from the 8 or 9 shows I used to love.
    But the Never Been Clever execs just do not like anyone over the age of 49. If you’re in the wrong demo, they cancel the shows you love…I still haven’t forgiven them for what they did to Harry’s Law…and they still have not made the DVDs available…

15. MelindaB says:

I will probably try NPH’s show, but other than that, I won’t be watching much NBC until Grimm premieres (I have to wait until the end of October? Really?) My daughter was watching some episodes from Heroes’ third season, and reminded me why I gave up that show. I may tune in once or twice for Zac Levi, Masi Oka and Jack Coleman, but if the story isn’t there, neither will I be.

16. Tom Hunter says:

I am beginning to feel like NBC is acutally putting effort into killing THE BLACKLIST!! This show deserves to be back on Mondays where it was a clear hit.

17. Nathy says:

What about Person of Interest? Next season only in 2016? :(

18. Jake says:

So we have to wait (again, if memory serves) until Halloween for Grimm? Why?

19. Stephenie says:

Everything Herr is trash except for
    Blacklist….

20. C. Stulz says:

Why is The Voice “premiering” 5 times??

21. JeniLee says: