Fall TV Preview

ABC Sets Fall Premiere Dates for Grey's, Scandal, Once and 21 Others, Names Forever's Replacement

ABC Premiere Dates

Save this date as if your life depended on it: TGIT is back Sept 24.

ABC is the second network to unveil its fall-premiere game plan, and Shonda Rhimes one-two-three punch of Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder returns on the last Thursday of September.

Also of note: Shark Tank spinoff Beyond the Tank assumes Forever‘s Tuesday-at-10/9 perch (after one week of DWTS results) on Tuesday, Sept. 29, before turning over the timeslot to new retro crime drama Wicked City in late October.

On tap for midseason are returning series American CrimeThe Bachelor, Beyond the Tank, Galavant, Marvel’s Agent Carter and Secrets and Lies, as well as new shows The Family, The Catch, The Real O’Neals, Uncle Buck and Of Kings and Prophets.

All told, ABC’s rollout looks like this…

FRIDAY, SEPT. 11

9 pm Shark Tank

SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm BLOOD & OIL
10 pm QUANTICO

TUESDAY, SEPT. 29
9 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10 pm Beyond the Tank

FRIDAY, OCT. 2
8:30 pm DR. KEN

SUNDAY, OCT. 11
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos

TUESDAY, OCT. 27
10 pm  WICKED CITY

1. wrstlgirl says:

Wow when I see the line up like this I realize I only watch 3 shows on ABC :-) I’ll probably check out a couple of the new ones.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Little surprised that Wicked City is being placed in the 10 p.m. Tuesday night time slot. Saw the trailer like five times and it really scare the crap out of me. I’ll pass on Wicked City ’cause the series is sick to my stomach.

3. Missy Kelly says:

Why am I not excited about this? Hmmmm, oh, Castle, OUAT, are the only renewed shows I watch and I am NOT excited about the new shows. CBS here I come

• aurat22 says:

Those are only two I watch as well. That and Chicago Fire on NBC. Might watch Chicago Med in Fall. Just really not as much on that interests me anymore. I got zip on CBS and iffy about going back to Sleepy Hollow in Fall.

4. Steven says:

I was really hoping ABC was just going to renew Forever. I’ll just be watching Muppets and HTGAWM. Can’t wait for The Real O’Neals!

5. Larc says:

Oh, goody! Another silly, waste-of-time reality show to replace worthwhile Forever. That’s all we need. :(

6. Georgia Madman says:

Shoot, all I’m watching on ABC is Castle and I’m not sure I’ll make it through the whole season. Would have happily watched Forever though. I’m watching old Forever episodes on Hulu and hope ABC releases Forever on DVD.

• tv fan says:

that’s my biggest one too, Castle but I will give others a chance but I wouldn’t count on much sorry ABC!

• Mr. Tran K says:

DWTS and Castle have been stuck on Mondays for several years as does The Bachelor. ABC better change things for its Monday night line-up in the near future and blame Paul Lee for that.

• Beckstle says:

Why would ABC need to change it’s Monday night lineup? DWTS and Castle are steadily two of the networks most-watched shows, while The Bachelor and DWTS are it’s highest demo winners. I hate the Bachelor, but hey, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• sheila bleiman says:

my husband and i thought forever was terriific too bad u didnt take the correct ratings as usual

• Louis E. says:

Castle’s the only ABC show I’ll watch now that Forever is gone (I hope another net picks it up).

7. Lysh says:

OUAT starts on my mom’s birthday. Good thing she likes the show.
    I think I’ll watch the Muppets until it conflicts with The Flash.

8. lindsay says:

Dr. Ken on Fridays. Should we take this as a sign?

9. Boiler says:

Good OUAT up first Sunday. Hopefully it won’t be affected by what looks like awful shows following. Maybe CBS will rebound on Sunday although wish CSI Cyber would go away

10. libkat says:

They’re putting The Muppets up against The Flash? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

11. graze says:

I wasn’t going to watch ABC Tuesdays at 10pm after they cancelled Forever but with the shows they’re going planning to air in that time slot I’m not going to miss a thing. Wicked City looks horrible, BTT should go with Shark Tank, not shows strong enough for that time slot or for me to forgive ABC for making stupid programing choices.

• Jen says:

Agreed! We need to give ABC their worst ratings in that slot for canceling Forever!!!

• Boiler says:

This is the way I felt when Body of Proof cancelled. Still feel that way now

• Laurie says:

I agree with you! loved Body of Proof and loved Forever. I do not understand why they are going with wicked. i couldn’t even watch the previews! It’s in very poor taste. i wonder if only one season of Forever was written? The actors were great and they were just starting to form relationships. .I was only watching that and Castle, so if that disappoints this season,i will be watching reruns and movies!

12. Here is hoping the new Castle show runners can right the ship and navigate through the rocky waters Andrew Marlowe and David Amann created. Also, here is hoping they heard the cries of the Castle fan base of a sexier Castle and Beckett and not the geriatric relationship we have been getting. Oh, and how about sending Alexis to Europe.

• tv fan says:

that is to be seen, I hope so but I think it will be same old same. I’m hoping for some surprises though, or for me anyway bye bye Castle…..

13. James says:

Forever was a GREAT show, I can not believe it was not picked up again.. I can only hope one of the other networks will somehow pick it up and keep it going..

• safistikaytdlayd says:

I’m hoping, praying and still crossing my fingers!!! An awesome show that was canceled too soon!!!

14. Fran says:

Love Castle coming back! So sad about Forever! A good show!

15. Tom says:

Sorry. Hate muppets.

16. Kris says:

I didn’t realize how much I watch on ABC. I watch Modern Family, Blackish, The Middle, Ouat, and AoS.. I miss Forever. Beyond the Tank is horrible. I’ll be trying out Muppets, Quantico and Dallas(blood and oil).. I would try Dr. Ken on Fridays but it surely will be cancelled after ABC dumped Cristela, which was funny and should have been renewed.

• Kristina says:

I just had the same realization about ABC. (I’ve got you beat, though. I’ve got 12 returning shows and 4 possible new additions.) And +1 for the Dallas comment. (Blood & Oil isn’t one of my 4 potentials, though, because been there, done that.)

• Boiler says:

I watch a lot too and ABC is one station that drives me nuts with cancellations and renewals. Who would have thought

17. Nick says:

Apparently I’m in the minority, but i actually think that most of their new stuff looks pretty interesting. At least Quantico and The Muppets will be worth checking out. I’m pretty excited for Dr. Ken, too.

• tv fan says:

could be interesting things i guess, give the chance anyway. What else can I do cause a lot of things I watch are now gone.

18. Cindy says:

I hate that you are replacing Forever. Looks like Castle is all I will be watching on ABC and I am sorry Castle is not on CBS.

19. prish says:

…missing Forever…

20. Jess says:

I will be watching Castle, Nashville, OUAT, Wicked City, Blood & Oil and Quantico. I am excited about this fall.

21. Carol says:

I wish ABC would give Nashville a better time slot and even maybe 2 hrs. The silly lead in shows on Wed night do not draw the same viewers as Nashville. It is the only show worth watching on ABC. Castle use to be great but went downhill last season. People that do not watch Nashville just don’t know what they are missing but I guess too many just like silly sit coms and vampire or super natural stuff.

22. ljd213 says:

ABC Programmers: Behind the Shark Tank on Tuesdays? Wow, what brilliant, imaginative, innovative, award winning thinking. Not, Yawn and bye-bye.

23. Yet says:

Castle cannot come soon enough.

24. Raymond says:

only wish your program would interfere
    with CBS programs. It’s a shame because I watch Castle and it’s at the time as my other program 10:00pm

25. JoAnn Wilson says:

Forever was a great show I cannot believe it was not renewed please reconsider

26. JoAnn Wilson says:

Forever was a great show Hard to believe it was not renewed Please reconsider

27. Joe Gaworecki says:

You should have renewed
    FOREVER. Canceling it was the dumbest move ever.

28. acurat says:

The only thing they forgot to mention is that because “How to Get Away with Murder” once again will not get 23 episodes because the lead actor is not available for quite a full season, “The Catch” From Shonda Rhines this year will take its place when it does not have any episodes to show. Oh, and “Agent Carter” is going right back in Shield’s time slot when it goes on break.

• JPG says:

I watched a few episodes of that show, then it just got horrible and unreal. The plot line is not even plausible.

29. Im so excited Castle Returns love love Castle and Beckett1 of the best couples in crime fighting.:)

30. RUCookie says:

Wow – I didn’t realize the DWTS results show was coming back.

31. tv fan says:

saw this and was like hardly watch anything listed oh well.

32. Maryann says:

Well, Tuesday at ten will certainly be a simpler choice on what to watch live this year than last year. The network is really missing an opportunity by not bringing back Forever.

33. Ray says:

I plan on watching an episode of Forever in the Tuesday 10pm slot once it comes out on DVD. Rewatches of a great show that was cancelled unfairly is far better than anything new ABC can come up with.

The Flash, AoS, and a rerun of Forever. What a great night of television.

34. Alexis says:

I plan to check out the Muppets show.

35. theavenger says:

Great! Why would they cancel a show like Forever? Do they think that people really want another reality show in its place? I’m very disappointed in ABC.

36. Glenda Knaub says:

I loved FOREVER why was it canceled?.Why do they always cancel the interesting shows?

• Jen says:

B/c the suits on the top floor don’t give a rip for the 7mil plus fans who enjoyed a real show over the mindless dribble they will replace it with!

37. Abcsucks says:

I can not believe abc canceled forever and replaced it with a shark tank spin off! First off you don’t cancel a show with a good following and throw a stupid reality show spin off in it’s place and second you don’t piss off this many fans. Other than modern family I no longer have a reason to waste my time in that station. Big Mistake ABC

38. JBC says:

Really wish ABC would bring FOREVER back!! Too good a show to be cancelled so soon.

39. jpg says:

No more Thursday ABC for me. But can’t wait for Nashville.

40. Matthew Weber says:

I can’t wait until September 21. Summer TV really sucks.

41. Marsha Kennedy says:

don’t know that I will watch Greys because Derrick is gone.

42. meatwad says:

I really liked the teasers for Blood & Oil, Quantico and Wicked City

43. sheila bleiman says:

matt boomer to replACE PATRICK DEMPSEY

44. Dawn Vanklaveren says:

Bring back Forever…

• Jen says:

I don’t understand when you have this much of an out cry over a show & a network just ignores or blows off the fans why the fans would even give that network the time of day??!! If you have an old favorite … fine keep watching, but I for one am not going to watch one of ABCs new shows this coming season!!

• John NYC says:

They apparently think highly of Wicked City. Or thought that badly over Forever’s marketability.

• Lily says:

I think it’s more they were not that committed to its marketing because Forever was not owned by ABC Studios. I rarely saw any promos for it after the 3rd or 4th episode. Several people I encouraged to watch Forever didn’t know anything about the show but became big fans and are as disappointed as I am to lose it!

• sheila bleiman says:

bring back forever forever want to c if our hero tell jo about his difference

• JPG says:

Amen. They blew it.

• JPG says:

I will boycott Thursday but still love Nashville it’s a great show. Great music, great story lines and character development. And I am not a country music fan!! They won me over.

45. Nancy says:

Since she killed off Derek Sheppard, Greys is off my watch list. She killed her own show and I don’t think she even cares.

• JPG says:

I so agree. It’s not TGIT anymore. ABC wake up! And then Shonda insults her fans on top it
      Saying “get over it.” You win Shonda we are over it. The only ABC show I will watch is Nashville.

• JPG says:

Clearly she does not. She betrayed her fan base and then was nasty about it.

46. Jen says:

I say boycott Tuesday night at 10PM for taking off Forever!!!

• Christine says:

I cannot believe Forever was cancelled!!!! That is so disappointing. It was a wonderful show. A great show!! Why would ABC do this???? I was so looking forward to the premiere this month…after the awesome way it ended in 2014. Huge mistake ABC. Please get it back for all of us who loved it…and who loved Henry & Jo & Abe. Why would you cancel such a GOOD show and leave all those stupid sitcoms on?? I know a good story when I see it! Peeved in Colorado!

47. John NYC says:

“Wicked City”?

No thanks

48. Lily says:

ABC execs should admit they made a mistake and replace Forever with Forever, season 2.

49. TicaTica says:

Only CASTLE!!!!!

50. Eran says:

I’m sorry but this whole talk of boycotting shows you haven’t even watched a single episode of because another show has been cancelled is the height of idiocy. You think you’re boycotting ABC? The only people you’re hurting are the ones involved with the making of these new shows whose ongoing employment depends on viewership. You would punish a writer for writing the best script of his or her life on a new show or on Season 12 of Grey’s or miss an actor for their best performance yet because Forever has been cancelled and the one cast member is no longer with a certain show?
    For Christ’s sake.

• Jake says:

Sorry, doubt very much anything ABC has scheduled will yield “Great Moments in TV Acting History”…..

• JPG says:

The larger issue here is the total betrayal of a fan bass on Grey’s Anatomy and then the nasty comeback to “get over it” by Shonda Rhimes. Most people will forgive an error, but not insult to injury and a total lack of accountability, by both her and the network. If you work for ABC, I’d suggest you find another job. Over 100,000 fans signed a petition that was ignored. I did not sign it and I will boycott ABC on Thursday. Why? Because that is what people do to politicians and other large companies when they do not like their behavior. I did not sign that petition, I would venture to guess many more did not either and therefore it id likely more in the millions that feel as I do. You just don’t slap the hand that feeds you and expect there will be no backlash. You are not being punished by the fans, ABC and Shonda did this all on their own. You want to cast blame, send it where it belongs. They could have fixed this, they saw what was happening. Someone is either stupid or has an ego the size of Montana.